TEKsystems Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Contract work not for everyone
DataCenter Engineer (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin Rapids, WISeptember 16, 2017
Although you are paid by TEKsystems, the company does not contribute anything toward health insurance. Also, they do not automatically provide vacation time (PTO). I needed to "negotiate" for vacation time each time the contract was extended. Contracts can be terminated at any time without notice. No severance is provided nor is there any guarantee that they will have another assignment for you.
Pros
Compensation can be very good
Cons
No health insurance contribution
Very attentive
Network Architect (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 15, 2017
My recruiter was very good. My skill-set and wage requirements are difficult to fill. The Strongville, OH recruiter recommended me to the Dallas office. Things happened very fast and very professional.
contract
Consulant (Former Employee) –  York, PASeptember 15, 2017
they are great on managing their contract employees. Really easy to get a hold of people and straight forward on information. Cool website with everything located in one place.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
temp positions
Environment
Senior Business Analyst (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MASeptember 15, 2017
Great company to work with, they supported me well and kept me abreast of any and all issues pertaining the current assignment. They had many company activities and kept in touch with me on a regular basis.
Pros
rate
Cons
Relaxed and fun working environment with ping pong table
Project Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDSeptember 15, 2017
A good place to work if you're young and just entering the job market. The pay is not competitive though. The promotions come fairly quick but there are certain politics involved.
Good at finding contracting jobs
Data Center Technician (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJSeptember 14, 2017
TEK found me a good Data Technician job which promised to possibly hire after 6 months. The company that sub contracted us severely underbid the job and the customer eventually went back to their original employees.
Contract Position
SAP Consultant-Manufacturing and Product Cost (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 13, 2017
I was contractor working at client sites. Paid on hourly rate based on client's needs. SAP consultant for TEKsystems clients focusing in business process excellence areas of manufacturing, product costing and BI reporting execution.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Contract position
Great Company
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Cisco, NCSeptember 13, 2017
TekSystems is a provider of contingent workers. They do a great job at finding you a position that fits you and the customer. They also provide regular opportunities for you to give feedback about your assignment. They are concerned about you as a person and work hard at building and maintaining a relationship with their employees and their customer.

I have worked as a contractor with other agencies and I have never been treated with such care and respect. I feel like a person, not just a "resource."
Pros
Lots of interaction Account Manager; Work Life Balance
Cons
Depending on the contract type, you might not have PTO
Productive and Fun place to work
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Reston, VASeptember 13, 2017
TEKSystems, Inc. was a very positive experience and my first for working for a technical staffing company. My first assignment placed me at the AOL, Inc. for a six month contract, which was extended another 6 months. My manager was transparent, supportive and informing along the way.
Good start for career opportunities
Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 12, 2017
Worked as a contract worker and the assignment I am on is not what I was looking for but was told it was something else. Still working there but looking for a different career opportunity.
One of the better Job Placement Team for IC
CONSULTANT/BA (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 12, 2017
As with any contract work, the hardest part is always getting a clear job description and expectation from direct manager or supervisor. The overall feedback from the managers or supervisor can be a little more frequent and better organized.
Fun workplace at Archway.
Imaging Technician (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 12, 2017
I don't work for TEK I'm a contractor. Each day imaging various Microsoft surfaces tablets. All the team members are friendly. The hardest part of the job is waiting for the network
General contract employment
Project Manager / Senior Network Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 12, 2017
TEK has always been good for contract projects. The last project I was with them on was bad due to the completion. It came without warning instead on a set timeline. This was not the right way for a project manager that worked them for several years.
TEK overall is a good company to work for overall as they do provide very good project services and contract employment.
Strong Company
Account Manager - IT Staffing & Services (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYSeptember 11, 2017
Very young and competitive company - you are expected to work long hours and are required to be in the office daily. There are daily and weekly goals/numbers that must be hit. Fast pace, highly competitive environment.
TekSystems is a good place for emplyment
Project Planner (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILSeptember 11, 2017
TEK Systems was a good place to work as long as there was work. TEK seemed to have all their eggs in one basket. When it came to layoffs, They did not seem to have much to offer as other work within driving distance. I do believe they are more versatile in their business and have more opportunities now then when I was layoff 4 years ago.
Pros
great work atmospher
Cons
lack of security in your job
Health care benefits unreasonable, poor working conditions, no room for advancement, poor wages
Production Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Anna, OHSeptember 10, 2017
Fellow associates do not clean up after themselves, documentation to assist with problems are scarce, tools to do job are easily accessible. Pay is not compatible with job duties, No compensation for shift differential
Pros
No micromanaging
Solid consulting company
Consultant/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 10, 2017
Very good recruiters and company liaisons; they care about their consultants; flexibility; fair; communicate well; provide training (mostly online) for most skills.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Typical ups/downs of consulting.
Horrible Work Life Balance
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 10, 2017
They are a great company in retrospect. All of th managers have a wonderful attitude. They are misleading with the pay. You get paid 12.25 but they advertise it as base salary 50k. You dont get to 50k until you hit a certain sales quota, and it can take months to do that.
Low ball you on pay
Service Desk Analyst - Contractor at Fairview (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNSeptember 8, 2017
TEKsystems low balls you on pay and tells you that if you don't have much experience, that you need to take it, so you are more marketable for higher paying positions. They do offer benefits, for me it was good, but if you miss a day or two and don't get paid that is like half or more of your paycheck. You don't get paid holidays or time off.
Productive and fun
Cable Puller (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VASeptember 7, 2017
Competitive great company to learn more skills and advance opportunity. The crew I worked with was great we always talked about new technologies and what we need to do to advance our skills for the next project.
Pros
always learning
Cons
short term assignment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TEKsystems. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval