TEKsystems Employee Reviews

Found 1,873 reviews matching the search
TEKsystems is a great company to work for straight of university. They provide the best training in the industry and offer quick advancement.
Account Executive/Sales (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAJuly 31, 2017
The most enjoyable parts of the job is the money, the clients, and the people.
The culture is work hard and smart to advance as quickly as possible.
I learned consultative selling, discipline, perseverance, mentoring, training, managing, quickly acclimate to consistent change and etc.
The hardest part of the job is turning it of and having down time.
The management is good/great but immature at times.
Pros
working with CIO's, directors, managers and the gamut of consultants to have a successful project accomplished
Recruiters
QA Consultant Lead, Microsoft (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAJuly 31, 2017
Good firm, treats employees well. I need 150 characters before this site lets me continue. ......................................................Ok.
Pros
Supportive and pay on time
Cons
None. They are who they say.
Good
Production Machining Lead (Current Employee) –  Westminster, MDJuly 27, 2017
I work in a manufacturing environment that is very divers and allows room for growth. Management team is great and very helpful. This company allows on the job training as well as off the job training.
Teksystems daily work ethics
Team Lead -IT/Contractor (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 26, 2017
A typical day at work for me would be making sure our team worked as one and kept the customers concerns top priority. All of us have strong and weak talents so it's is up to the team to help others learn different parts of different jobs. This makes us a more cross trained element and can diversify our core.
Management is our coach and helps us focus on problem areas where we as individuals fail to see because of our immersion in the fast pace life of a help desk specialist. The management staff should always deliver constructive criticism and have the team listen to it as so, They should deliver the positives first and point out certain members and follow up with an open door policy.
The hardest part of the day is normally at the end of a shift where technicians are tired and customer are just getting home from a tiring day only to find out the internet is down and all of their anger could be possibly be thrown at you unintentionally. This is where our experience from others and treating the customer, so they feel they are listened to and valued. I treat the end of a shift as a runner would crossing the finish line and the their strength would be my determination to show the customer every bit of courtesy, understanding, and professionalism they deserve in correcting their problem.
Finally at the end of the day the team would relax and share their problems they encountered, compliments they received from customers, and the satisfaction of knowing that even if they encounter a problem during a call, someone has their back, because at the end of the day we are all on the
  more... same team.  less
Pros
Great for self starters and go getters
Cons
No upper management support
Remote Work
Senior Project Manager (Consultant) (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 26, 2017
Since I work remote from home doing project management, I am not able to speak to the office environment. The staff that I have encountered at TekSystems have been very helpful in meeting my needs.
Cheap Cheap Cheap
Oracle Senior Developer (Current Employee) –  Ft. Collins, COJuly 25, 2017
Teksystems is a contact employer. They do not care about you. They just want to make money off of you. You do not get a raise unless they can change the customer for I, even though YOU have been making THEM money. No benefits, no time off, and no raises.
Fun place to be in friendly enviorment
Customer Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCJuly 25, 2017
It was a good company to be in but there wasnt any room for growth.

ruiters who achieve their first performance milestone get to spend several days with exclusive access to the company's top leaders. Additionally, the company hosts an annual trip to Cancun for the remaining top performers. Regions compete to send the most people to Cancun; there's no cap on attendees, and this year we sent 1,800 people! Employees spend the time relaxin
TEK was great but not for me
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCJuly 25, 2017
TEKsystems was a great first job for me out of college. The people that I worked with were fantastic and I truly made some great professional relationships. However, the job was extremely tough from a personal mental standpoint. I realized that the never ending checklist is not for me and I need more project based work in the next job I find.
Pros
Great people, career growth
Cons
Long days, it's a grind
nice work place
QA Lead (Current Employee) –  Richardson TXJuly 24, 2017
non pressure work place
Learned lots of new technologies
management was best
I don't see any thing which I consider as had at work place, everything was manageable.
friendly staff and colleagues.
when there is work..
Data Structure Technician (Former Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTJuly 24, 2017
When there is work it is great but this year has been bad for telecom.
Have worked for some fantastic companies but these companies don't want to buy your contract out.
Pros
Great companies to work for
Cons
When there is work
Networking
Lufthansa System-Network Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 22, 2017
Performed site candidate evaluation, selected and verified RF to related site engineering drawings
Understand and applied equipment co-location requirements for multiple operators and performed inter-modulation analysis
Continue
PC-2 Technician (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 21, 2017
This company will give you a chance when no one else would and that is a great feeling to show the company that you are not afraid to work and you are the best person for the job...
Contractor
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJuly 20, 2017
As a contractor I felt they did not work very hard to keep me employed. If you have an interview, but do not get offered the position, their reps do not try to get you other interviews.
Poor Management/Recruiters
Headend Technician (Current Employee) –  Greater Boston NorthJuly 19, 2017
I find management to be disorganized and without positive leadership direction. The office/recruitment staff, reporting management, and customers all have different ideas of what you should be doing. All of which are contradictory and lacking leadership.
Assignments are given with little explanation or expectations leaving employees to best guess their way to completing the work to customers requests.
The management style makes for a cagey environment of self preservation.
Pros
Independant work, flexible hours
Cons
Poor leadership, recruitment staff disorganized and poorly responsive
Contract Tech Support
Surge Technician/Desktop Support - Surge Project (Former Employee) –  Traveling Job locationsJuly 19, 2017
Responsible for supplying client with new Windows 10 machines (swapping out old Windows 7 machines); Laptops, Thin Clients, and Zero Clients.

Supervisors were available and appreciative. Took time to note what is expected and needed. Constantly let us know how appreciated we were and how well we were doing.

When not deploying machines we were providing assistance in troubleshooting trouble tickets and work orders.

Other permanent employees provided a lot of insight and knowledge to process expectations, and know solutions to trouble incidents. They provided a lot of support.

Lots of team work was involved. Would definitely go back if called.
Pros
Team work/ Supportive relationships
Cons
Waiting on Tools to be supplied to do the work expected. Short contract
No Consistency with hours or job placement
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 19, 2017
There was no consistency for me at all. I signed up with them for a contract position for 6 months where i was told it was a guaranteed 48 hours per week and that i would work only 2 months out of the week. For the whole month i only worked 12 hours. as told there would be more hours on different sites and that was not true.
Pros
Frield Enviroment, Nice and Helpful Co-Workers, management worked hard to resolve all issues
Cons
No hours, low pay, no consistency
Great environment
IT Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJuly 18, 2017
Great recruiters and account managers that have many opportunities.They were helpful in the entire contract lifecycle.
You'll enjoy working in the Green Bay area.
They also were helpful if any obstacles arose.
Good Job Placement and good communication
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 18, 2017
Teksystems works well with their employees to try and match the best work environment for their employees. Very good communication with it's staff as far as keeping posted on employees status and concerns ( if any).
Pros
Good communication
Cons
contract work results in being at the mercy of the client
Depends on who your working with
Member of the Information Security (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 18, 2017
Some recruiters do a good job others aren't so good it depends on who your working with. The bottom line is all recruiters are sales people and their first job is to make money for the company so if they can do that from you it's fine if not there's others out there they can make money off of.
Don't know much about them
Microstrategy SDK Architect (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 18, 2017
I think I have been a Tek System employee for almost 2 years which, I have had 3 supervisors, I don't have an email account with them, I've met 3 persons only. I really don't understand this company but, as long I get my paycheck every week, I am ok
Pros
they pay per hour and you get your check every week
Cons
they barely care about you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TEKsystems. Our community is ready to answer.