TEKsystems Employee Reviews

Found 1,288 reviews matching the search
Work Hard Play Hard Environment
Senior Technical Government Services Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJune 4, 2016
fast paced work environment that promotes healthy competition while having a great support structure.

i learned how to manage time and prioritize tasks effectively as the day is constantly changing and you must be able to swivel at any given time

you learn to communicate via multiple channels efficiently both inside and outside of the office

co-workers are almost all a-type personalities
friendly environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILJune 20, 2016
I worked the front desk. I dealt with all visitors walk ins, appointments, and phone. I was in charge of mail, fed ex, as well as UPS. I completed the order for supplies for the whole office. I worked with a great group of people.
However my Lead was not very professional. She made everything seem like a competition instead of team work.
Pros
Bulls tickets awarded, hour break, and fun environment
Cons
to much favoritism
Highly recommend TEKSystems
Software Automation Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAJune 30, 2016
Off and on over the last 5 years I have worked as a contractor for TEK Systems.

The most important thing I think any contract company should do is get to know it's people. That is what TEK has going for it. Every single person that I have dealt with takes time to meet me personally.
Pros
They take care of their people, and offer health care.
Cons
As with all contract jobs they end too soon.
Great Place to Work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 23, 2016
The most enjoyable time working there was getting to know the work environment of a staffing agency. Also my co-workers were really great. This staffing agency worked mostly by calling qualified people on the phone and asking them about employment history and having them come in to do paperwork. I was typically the one that got to go over new hire orientation.
By far the best company I have worked for
IT/Business Analyst - Project Planner (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJune 14, 2016
Flexible work schedule, if Client approved, Great Staff, many opportunities for training and personal development. Treated as a professional, and worked with quality colleagues. Hardest part of the job was knowing whether or not the Client was going to keep you or release you.
Pros
Pay, flexible schedule, high quality management, coworkers
Cons
No guarantee of long term employment
Good
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  VirginiaMarch 26, 2016
Great culture. People care about your success. Work life balance can be tough because they hire highly motivated like minded individuals who are competitive and primarily money motivated.
TEKsystems went above and beyond to work with me before, during and after my contract work.
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 17, 2016
I worked a 6 month contract for TEKsystem, and their management team handled multiple challenges to everyone's satisfaction and were always available after hours to help address issue that came up.
I would highly recommend them and would not hesitate to work for them again in the future.
Productive and fun work place with great team members
Epic Training with Sentara (Current Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAMay 29, 2016
*Learned a lot of epic problem solving from the coworkers I worked with.
*My co-workers were all team players and helped when ever you need help. The co-workers also made you want to come to work. The co-worker made it seem like we've been working together for some years when it was only 1 month.
*The most enjoyable part of the job was that we were all able to work together with no problems.
TEKsystems
eLearning Developer (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJune 5, 2016
TEKsystems has been a wonderful company to work with. They support candidates through coaching during the interview process and consistent follow-up; providing excellent feedback; while on assignment. I have had the privilege of working with a great team here in the Minneapolis area; Jay, Carrissa, and Kari have been great.
Pros
Pretty much everything thus far
Cons
Medical benefits could be more affordable.
Great people with engaging work
Infrastructure/Desktop Technician (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 31, 2016
Generally recieve contracts through your recruiter and are given information along with contacts and Project Managers. Once training is complete (if necessary) you're set and complete job. While onsite support staff is very helpful if needed and recruiters are very flexible and helpful.
various jobs/location/companies
Technician (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJuly 27, 2016
go to site
get instructions on what task to perform
verify any possible issues
perform tasks
verify job is compleat
get time sheet signed or verify return the following day

turn time sheet and get next assignment
Pros
many different jobs for various customers...no real stress
Cons
may not have any work for you on any given day.
Excellent Company to work with
DCBS Application Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYMay 19, 2016
I enjoyed my position with TEKSystems and hope to do more work with the company in the future. I was a DCBS Application Support Specialist and felt like my skill set was appropriate for the position that I worked. Hope to do similar work with State Social Service programs in the future, in KY or Nationwide
Pros
Very Professional and Coureous Staff
Cons
The contract did not last as long as anticipated
Fast paced work environment
Logistics Technician/Install Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORJune 28, 2016
It was difficult working with TEKsystems. In my workplace i found that there was no line of communication between TEKsystems and the contracted site. Would not recommend working with this company if oneself is trying to find a secure workplace
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Constant promoting and demoting. No solid job description.
Great job placement organization
IT Service Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 3, 2016
I had never heard of them before but they were helpful and were able to get a job quickly. The only thing I would complain about would be that they information they gave and the actual company information didnt line up. They did not give the correct info on the schedule the job was looking for.
Nice place to work
Hardware Tech II (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 22, 2016
a place where everyone gets a chance to lead except for the people that deserve it on really need it.
The communication with the employees are horrible and to get anything done or anyone to listen is like pulling teeth.

Great company to work for if you are a woman!
Pros
The pay was good
Cons
bad communication with its Techs
Made lots of promises but they were just empty lies
Temp Infrastructure Technician (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJuly 25, 2016
Initially they reeled me in with how hard they'd work for me to get me placed. When the job I was on ended unexpectedly I sat for days on end with no contact of what was going. I was also handed off to different contacts like a piece of meat.
Pros
Weekly Paycheck
Cons
Actually having work
Satisfactory
Datacenter Administrator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 14, 2015
Satisfactory, endurable due to general living needs. Treatment could be much better in terms of employees benefits and pay rate. One would tend to be more appreciative.
Benefits
Consultant - Sr. Software QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irving TexasSeptember 6, 2015
For the consultants, all healthcare benefits are fully paid by the consultants.

I have nothing further to say about the company or its benefits.
Pros
Excellent Pay
Cons
Contracting Positions. No job security
Great people to work with
IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIAugust 2, 2016
Work was sufficient to fill day. Stressful at times but no unreasonable overtime expected. Speaking of Schneider only, co-workers, especially manager I did work for, was very friendly, helpful, and open to work with a "newby".
Pros
Comradery
Cons
Lack of full systems knowledge throughout the enterprise.
fun work place
eLearning Developer (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDJune 21, 2016
TekSystem is a great place to work. I am saying this based on the team I am working with. The management is always open to new ideas. And individuals creativity is welcomed and respected.
They are trying to balance work and family life too.
Pros
Very encouraged to go out to lunch with co-workers. Most of the time company pays.
Cons
As a contractor, no benefit.