TEKsystems

TEKsystems Employee Reviews

Just another number
Capacity management (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 19, 2015
Was my transition job for a perm position. No much from Account Manager. Not really communicated too, only when time card was late.
decent company
Jr QA Analyst (Former Employee), Norfolk VaMarch 18, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: hard to find new contracts
typical recruiting agency. somewhat selfish.

great coworkers.
hardest part is finding a new contract with longevity.

most enjoyable part is the free lunches.
Very Good
Consultant/Project Manager (Current Employee), Downers Grove, ILMarch 18, 2015
Pros: good hourly rate
Cons: high benefit costs
Very good company good rate for contractors. Good communication, co-workers very helpful. Process changes were challenging on the client side.
Sub-contractor for Lockheed Martin
Helpdesk Support (Former Employee), Jackson, MSMarch 17, 2015
TekSystems is a great recruiting company, however, the work environment for the program in which I was placed is very laidback and has little challenges. Management is indirect and unsupportive in handling process updates and ensuring each team member is using the most up-to-date information. The most enjoyable part of my position is being able to use multiple systems to handle customer requests as well as gaining an understanding of government procurement and advanced IT concepts. Overall, I enjoyed my time with the program and I wish the new contracting company the best of luck with its transition.
Great company
User Interface Designer (Current Employee), Bloomington, ILMarch 16, 2015
I have been treated very well at TEK
Compay is employee driven
I am very proud to be a part of TEK Systems and would recomend it to anyone in the IT field
Supportive and open channel communication
Sr. Project Manager (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMarch 15, 2015
Pros: frequent free lunches
Cons: negotiate upfront for your package
This company was good in working with you to address what works for all parties: themselves, the client and you. The door was always open for honest questions.
Great Company
Credentialed Epic Ambulatory Trainer (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNMarch 14, 2015
I enjoy working for this company they have made sure to keep me with work and I can reach my contact person anytime by phone or email. They also make sure that my work environment is safe, productive, and fun.
Excellent Company
Tech Support Specialist II (Current Employee), Whittier, CAMarch 11, 2015
Excellent company to work for, recruiter is willing to go the extra step to insure you are comfortable with your new assignment.
Quick with job placement
Data Entry Clerk-Temporary (Current Employee), Roanoke, VAMarch 9, 2015
They are quick with job placements and have good communications with their contractors. Pay is not as high as some other places, but then again it might just be the department I was placed in.
fun culture and coworkers
Professional IT Recruiter/Sales Manager (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 5, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: felt like highschool, alot of cliques
Great company, just wished they paid more for the amount of work. Typical day involved calling IT resources and networking. The idea is to generate leads and break new territory.
TEKsystems has been a great consulting company
Senior Network Engineer-Contractor to CenturyLink (Former Employee), Wake Forest, NCMarch 5, 2015
Pros: Good support team that goes the extra mile when needed.
Cons: Health care is paid by the individual at 100% the cost.
They have worked hard to keep me employed through them on various jobs sites. I am looking for more of a contract to hire position with a long term position.
Great place to start a new beginning.
PC Technician (Current Employee), Bloomington, MNMarch 4, 2015
Pros: weekly pay, good benefits, strong support
Duties are challenging, varied and stimulating, allowing me to apply my IT training in a number of task scenarios. On-the-job mentoring is very personable and experienced. Most enjoyable part of the job is meeting a technical challenge with a timely and lasting solution that, in turn, allows clients to get back to doing what they do best.
Stressful
Network Technician (Current Employee), ArizonaMarch 2, 2015
The coworkers I am with are the only positive aspect. Otherwise the contracted job I am assigned to, is very stressful, and the money is not worth the disrespect.
Well, they paid well
Analyst (Former Employee), BuffaloMarch 2, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: they didn't advocate for their employee
The recruiters were not engaged unless there was an issue or they took you to lunch. They were very close with management, which didn't help keep me at ease. When the project ended, they promised they'd still look for me, but they're not. I'm valuable when I'm working somewhere for them, they don't care...at all...when I'm not.
I got paid every week.
Installer (Former Employee), Columbus,ohMarch 2, 2015
As a contractor I only see what the customer offers. I had very little contact with the main office e and that was by my choosing. Phone calls were answered and emails were answered.
Bottom Line is all that matters
Contract Analyst with SASD/SCRSD (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMarch 2, 2015
They sell people. Seriously, that is what they do, they sell us at a wage which they only give us half of. No benefits, and you can be dismissed at any point. Do not raise issues or concerns, since that day things went downhill. Indeed's posting rules prohibit anymore information than stating there were issues when I reported cultural and personnel related issues.

They are modern wage slave auctioneers plain and simple. Their "best" people are all sales. They take you out to lunch to help you forget you're only getting 50% of what you are worth. Basic smoke and mirrors.

They placed me and the other guy I started with in a position stating there was great opportunity for getting hired on. I later found out that the most senior guy at the job was 5+ years a contractor with no PDO or chance of such in sight.

They mislead me, offered opportunity in words and then landed me a dead end gig.
Another staffing company
Service Desk Technician (Former Employee), Portland, ORMarch 1, 2015
Pros: paycheck
Cons: short contracts, low pay, low chance for permenent work, no benefits.
If you have worked for a staffing company before, you're in for more of the same. The same pay, the same lack of benefits, the same lack of future.

They did give cool Christmas gifts one year.
Attentive to the consultants needs as well as those of the clients.
Access Database Developer (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: they meet with you every month or so to see how things are going.
Cons: they may not always be able to find client with the needs you can provide.
TEKsystems has proven to be attentive to the consultants needs as well as those of the clients.
The first client contract did not get finalized and they quickly found another 2 day project to fill in. I was able to exceed their expectations and develop that into over 10 additional projects lasting 2 years and 4 months.
Needless to say that everyone was happy with the results. If they find another client for my skills, I will continue to work for them.
Teksystems
Dell Field Service Technician; Computer Specialist (Current Employee), Schaumburg, ILFebruary 24, 2015
Great people to work for, very friendly recruiters/coordinators. They are very committed to communicating with their contractors about a variety of work-related topics. Pay grade may vary.
Good company culture
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: free lunches, cultures, team building events, great training
Cons: no work life balance, lack of communication from management
This job is all about managing your own business and making sure push as much business through as fast as possible. Things are go go go since you are working with people you need to move fast before they change their minds.

About TEKsystems

TEKsystems, a subsidiary of staffing giant Allegis, provides IT consulting and staffing services from locations in North America – Read more

TEKsystems Salaries