TEKsystems Employee Reviews

Benefits
Consultant - Sr. Software QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irving TexasSeptember 6, 2015
For the consultants, all healthcare benefits are fully paid by the consultants.

I have nothing further to say about the company or its benefits.
Pros
Excellent Pay
Cons
Contracting Positions. No job security
Great place
Technician (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 4, 2015
This is an awesome company to work for, the pay is good, management is great, they do a great job accommodating the employees and keeping in constant communication with their techs
Nice Company
Senior IT Program/Project Management Consultant (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INSeptember 3, 2015
Nice company to work for as a contractor. They have been very responsive to me on my engagement. I have been with them for 6 months and would be pleased to work with TEKsystems again.
Pros
Responsive
Being An older kid
IT Analyst (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXAugust 30, 2015
Working in a toy store was perhaps the most fun I have had at a job. Not only do you get to play with the toys but help customers and the kids find what they are looking for.
Pros
Get to play
Overall a great place to work - tough, but fair
Sr. Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CTAugust 27, 2015
TEKsystems is a very demanding company, but the culture is one that will assist you in meeting your personal and professional goals, as long as you take advantage of training and personal assistance
Fun place
IT Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAAugust 26, 2015
Have to put in a lot of hours and its hard to balance work with home life. Good out of state training but can be better training back in office. They do take care of there employees
It can make mistakes but it will punish it's contractors
Sr Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Minneapollis, TexasAugust 21, 2015
No Project Security for contractors through Teksystems - 2 years back, I gave a notice to a standard/certain company after getting a job through teksystems. when I was already serving my notice, It's just said apologies because of it's client breakthrough for an agreed project. Yes, it's tried for a new project for me. But it took time to see a project for me in which I got a full time with other one. After 2 years, when I forgot everything and wanted to go ahead with teksystems, I got to know that it's blocked my resume.

Message - treat human as human not as a thing. Apologies are not just enough when a resource is in real trouble because of you. Last but not least refine your blocking system.
Pros
I've not seen any Pros, maybe for employers
Cons
No Project Security; No Standard Policy for HR recruitment; No proper blocking system;
Kenya Wilson's Review of Tek Systems
Quality Control Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 20, 2015
I enjoyed working through Tek. They would check up on their people, which was great.

I worked on several Quality Assurance assignments through them. I would go in each day and create the appropriate documentation for the project I was on, test and even travel when I had to.
Pros
Creating documentation
Cons
Believed anything negative the companies told them about their people
Fast paced environment with good leadership
Technical Support Analyst at DLA Piper (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDAugust 19, 2015
I worked for Teksystems a total of 6 years and was always impressed with the friendly and understanding management team. I developed a close relationship with my coworkers and this help make the fast paced law firm environment fun to work in.
I enjoyed the placement and the work culture
NextGen Software Support (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 18, 2015
I was lucky to get a placement at Optum Medical Care.
The work environment was safe and respectful. I loved the building I worked in, nice amenities for it's employees and the IT teams were hard working but easy to get along with. They are very focused on project management.
Pros
The team was dedicated and easy to work with.
Great project, unfortunately cut short
Inventory / Data Entry Temp (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAAugust 18, 2015
The nature of the assignment (for client Lexmark) involved performing tasks for every Kaiser Permanente building in Southern California. Location of job would therefore change every few days. This was fun, but could be very difficult on travel, home life for those who have families, and varied one's sleep schedule greatly depending on distance and anticipated traffic issues. When the data from the Northern California team (two weeks ahead of our team) came back with a low accuracy rate, the project was put on hold and I was one of 6 team members asked to stay on to go over physical and digital data to find errors. We, along with Lexmark project managers found serious errors in Kaiser Permanete's database at which point, KP terminated their project with Lexmark, thus ending need for TekSystems employees.
Pros
Compensation was highest I'd ever received. Location frequently changed for assignment.
Cons
1.5 year assignment was terminated after a few weeks upon discovering errors in client's database.
Fun place to work and the peeple are very nice
NET Lead Contractor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 15, 2015
TEKSYSTEMS work very hard to make contractors part of the company. Plenty of parties and once of month free food. If you have a problem, they are with you all the way. But first tries to reconcile any differences. They make you feel that you are always right.

Been with them for 5 years and pleased.
Pros
Large clientele and plenty of work available
Cons
You have to be able to negotiation for rate. It's like everywhere else.
If you are a family man then this company is NOT for you.
Engineering Data Network Operations Technician (Former Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TXAugust 14, 2015
First of all, be adamant about what you are looking for. The recruiter can make or break you. If they don't understand your work skill level, don't be afraid to ask for another recruiter who does. I had the unfortunate experience of getting the recruiter from heckl. I gave her my resume with telecom construction/outside technician skills. then she pawns off this data administrator job to me. I don't know where her head was, I should have known better. The name of the position was too long. I was there a week and asked for a transfer. To my dismay, I was denied. I told my recruiter I didn't match the position. Afterwards, the whole warm and fuzzy feeling wasn't there anymore.
she started to play games with my pay. For example,hold my check back an extra two or three days. All professionalism went out the door. things had gotten personal with her. She never offered to help me find anything else. I'd been blacklisted after a month of database training. I learned a valuable lesson. Now I know why Verizon Wireless has such a high turnover rate. The recruiters are making bad placement decisions. Even though I disliked the position, I finished my workload everyday.
Pros
Cons
Recruiters are just placing bodies in jobs
Competitive
Senior Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 13, 2015
If you stick with this company, you can reap the rewards financially. You must be okay with micro-management; however. It's a fun place with a lot of great people, but easy to get burned out in such environment
Pros
Unlimited expense account
Cons
micro-management
Alarm Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 11, 2015
Organized place to work friendly recruiters . Helpful coworkers
Learning something new everyday. Technical support are willing to go the extra mile for you.
Good for finding contract work only
Manager (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KansasAugust 7, 2015
Good for finding contract work. Benefits get subtracted off of your negotiated hourly salary. Benefits are expensive.
Business Operations Associate
Business Operations Assocaite (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 6, 2015
Coworkers are the best part of this company. Great energy and vibe. The after-work environment is pretty fun with all the happy hour and company events. This is a good position to get your foot in the door to many other opportunities or to grow within the company (someday). However, attrition level is extremely high as the pay is very much below industry level. Advancement opportunities are said to be more apparent within the next two years. Management is still young and little inexperienced.
Great Company
Business Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 5, 2015
The culture is like no other company I have been apart of. I really enjoy being apart of the company. I have grown both personally and professionally.
Excellent support
Technical Program/Project Management Advisor (Former Employee) –  College Park, MDAugust 5, 2015
Great place to work. Phenomenal support staff. advisors and managers. Overall a great team, great company. I have no complaints and would recommend anyone seeking employment to check them out.
Good starting point in the Information Technology
Contract Employee (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 5, 2015
Worked as a contract employee. Hardest part of the job was when it ended because trying to get onto another job is difficult if they don't have it set in stone.