TEKsystems Employee Reviews

Found 1,469 reviews matching the search
Reliable Agency to work with
Desktop Support Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 28, 2017
Ability to work at many companies as a contractor and learn all different types of request that clients are requesting for to get the job done.

Agent was able to keep me working and learn many areas in the IT world.

Hardest part of the job is when I did not have work
Pros
Move around to work in different environments
Cons
No able to work due to lack of experience of more higher positions, security clearance, and more
National Account Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSDecember 9, 2016
Tek Systems is a great place for a career. Amazing leadership and a fun place to work. Pay is all based on performance, so base salaries are very low. The only down side is that you are not given much leeway if you are not performing, they are quick to pull the trigger and let you go.
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 4, 2016
Teksystems is an IT staffing and services company falling under the Allegis group. You work long hours to hopefully see a pay off. It is a culture than most.
Fair Employer
Tier 2 Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Arbutus, MDMarch 31, 2016
They were fair and compensation as far as salary was fine. Benefits and PTO were somewhat bad. It is extremely busy and somewhat stressful at times.
Pros
Good Pay, Flexible hours( at times), good managers/leads
Cons
Timed to the second with call monitor, you are not clocked in until you get an application to allow it after starting your PC, Somewhat poor communication
Great experience for those just starting out and those with a lot of experience.
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 15, 2016
Being all jobs are via contract, each job can differ greatly.

I have learned to adapt to ever changing environments and types of work.

Management can be a bit tricky because you have your recruiter who is who you get the contract through, the project manager who is leading or managing the project itself, and then of course the on-site management of the company you are contracted to. Keeping a positive attitude and a desire to follow instructions well is key here.

Just like with everything else, co-workers can change quite often. Usually for every contract.

The hardest part of the job can be the time between contracts. you may get some really awesome contracts for a while then, there could be nothing available for several weeks. As far as difficulties on the jobs themselves, each job is different and presents its own challenges.

The most enjoyable part of the job is always having new challenges. This can also be some of the more difficult parts of the job but with the ever changing contracts, new skills are constantly being acquired.
Good Place to Work
Oracle EBS R12 - Oracle Consultant(Contractor) (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 13, 2017
I had a contractor position for very short-time. The management seems very nice, they try to make me feel very comfortable in the customer. no much to say.
Pros
Seems nice company
Cons
my time was very short, no much to say..
IT Recruiter
IT Contractor (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 12, 2016
Teksystems is a IT Recruiter that I am work with as a contractor. They work hard to find new opportunities and keep me informed of anything that is coming "down the road"
Open and fun
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDOctober 13, 2015
A typical day is filled with partnering internal departments to ensure that contractors are paid accurately. Depending on the day of the week audits are performed on new hirers and taxes to ensure accuracy. Conduct monthly training on the payroll process to our field offices. I work with management and co-workers on making processes more efficient. The hardest part of the job is being patient with our internal partners when repetitive questions are asked and not getting frustrated. The most enjoyable part of my day is getting to interact with my co-workers and internal partners in accomplishing goals and finishing each day feeling accomplished.
Pros
Work life balance, promotes openness, and relationship building
Cons
Health benefits are expensive, can be unprofessional, and a lot of gossip
A great way to get your foot in the door
Contractor - Charter Communications (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 18, 2015
TekSystems is a good company to start with getting the work force while looking for a more solid career choice. Recruiters are great with communicating with you. The only downside with being a contractor is that there is uncertainty if your contract will be extended. Also, contractors are short handed with no sick days and vacation time which leaves something to be desired. Overall TekSystems is a good way to get your foot in the door.
Pros
Weekly pay, recruiters work with you
Cons
Uncertain with job security, no sick/vacation benefits.
Poor job security and management
Technical Architect (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 10, 2016
Management is poor and highly confused . Pay and benefits is good . But overall experience is very bad . Very less interactions with management .
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Insurance
Just Work
Technical Contractor (Current Employee) –  Cedar RapidsJanuary 11, 2017
Job is great. I am currently running data cabling for varies schools and hospitals across Eastern Iowa. The company they placed me with is a bit lacking with communication between the office and those on the ground doing the actual work. Its also a bit hard to communicate with my local rep. He seems distant and not very forecoming with information about my contract expiring and me being hired onto the company they have me placed with.
Excellent Culture
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 11, 2017
TEKsystems fosters an exceptional culture, peer leaders are instrumental in facilitating training for new recruiters, flexible work hours, but you are expected to work outside of a traditional forty hour work week.
good
Communications Installer (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MD 21076February 20, 2017
working hard and easy learning and have fun but in a great way.
management are cool and very helpful.
hardest part of the job is getting it.
know u can make a differences.
Pros
great jobs
Cons
not enough of permanent jobs
Exported my job and others to Costa Rica
IT Service Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 30, 2017
The company ran us through a test period to establish expected metrics. After establishing those metrics, the company brought in an entire team of new hires residing in Costa Rica. The Costa Rica team was added to our team to allow them several months of training and experience. Once the managers felt the Costa Rica team was ready, the managers terminated our jobs.
Great Place to Work
Global Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 18, 2016
TEKsystems has two primary business lines - (1) IT Staffing, and (2) Consulting Services.

I was part of the latter, called TEKsystems Global Services. During the selling and delivering of consultant services, we worked closely with the staffing side to acquire additional roles needed to fulfill the engagement. The two organizations work virtually seamlessly together and make a great pairing.

TEKsystems is a great place for your career - beginning, middle and end!
Pros
Great People / Great Mgmt / Achievable Vision / Teamwork
Great company!
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 12, 2016
Excellent and professional staff. Great work environment and excellent communication. Good pay and benefits package. The best staffing/recruiting company I have ever worked with.
Pros
Great communication
Cons
Typical low wage no benefits IT recruiting company
IT Support (Current Employee) –  IllinoisDecember 4, 2015
The company just places you into IT positions in your area. They don't really assist you with much in getting the position. After being hired as a contractor you will receive little benefits. The little benefits you will receive are worthless:

-No holiday pay.
-No paid time off.
-No vacation pay.
-Health insurance for family is $1400+ per month.
-Multiple confusing websites and different logins - you submit your time sheet on one, find your pay stubs on another, find your insurance on another, etc, etc.

However, they will give you large company handbook in which nearly all of it will not apply to you as you don't really "work" for TEKsystems.

When contacting anyone there for any assistance or issues (such as pay, insurance, etc) they will typically ignore your emails in hopes you will just quit sending them or just go away.
Pros
Cons
No holiday pay, no paid time off, no vacation pay, high monthly premium with a high deductible insurance
A Great place to work
Implementation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 10, 2016
I fully enjoyed working for TEKSYSTEMS manager.
It was challenging, rewarding and very fulfilling.
Each day was packed with real work and was manageable to fit my life. Coworkers were awesome. Hardest part of the job was keeping up with the fast pace and demands of the client company. I enjoyed the respect from others the most.
Pros
Independent working environment. Worked remotely often.
Cons
Short term of 2 year contract.
Eager to get me onboard
LAN Administrator (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJanuary 16, 2017
Very process oriented company to work for. Management was detailed and organized. You get up in the morning wanting to go to work. The people were very knowledge and willing to coach.
Works for me
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 16, 2016
Even though I work for TEKSystems on a 3rd party global service contract as a Business Systems Analyst, the client is who we support with labor and our experiences. The client is disorganized and does not understand process improvement. They spend lots of time filling out FDS's and other documents that have no standards. Working for TEK is great but for the customer our group is underutilized.
Pros
Lunch every other month, good pay, great support group
Cons
None at this time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TEKsystems. Our community is ready to answer.