TEKsystems Employee Reviews

Great
System Engineer (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MANovember 27, 2017
Wonderful network to be a part of. I was hired by Teksystems thanks to career services at ITT tech after telling them I don't like dealing with people.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No benefits
Great to work for
Linux OS Remote Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILNovember 27, 2017
Had great benefits, & the people were all great to work with.
I would have liked to work for them longer, but unfortunately the vendor I was contracted to downsized.
The best temporary agency to work for in my opinion!
Financial Systems Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 27, 2017
This consulting firm ensured I was comfortable throughout my entire journey with them.
I appreciated the weekly follow-ups, professional customer service, and support from this company.
Great position to begin a career
Information Assurance Support (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLNovember 27, 2017
-Sub contract for CSRA where you have the option to convert after 6 months
-Easy going work environment and work times allowing for a well balanced life
Pros
Good entry level position
Cons
Low pay, no time off, no benefits
its great
Service Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PANovember 24, 2017
I worked as a temp for the company and they were always on the look out for new job opportunities and making sure I was taken care of in my role.they always had my back in any situation
A nice collective of sharp minds
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MINovember 22, 2017
With IT and management personnel there is a plethora of things to learn. I strengthened my basic understanding of Program Management from a very effective manager/mentor. The culture was a fun one with an open medium of communication, company events, and sports teams.

The most challenging and rewarding aspect of TEKSystems was all of the opportunities to learn from the group of folks.
Pros
Community
Cons
Training is available but not mandatory
Temp Agency
Linux Server and ICMS Support (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 22, 2017
TekSystems is a temp agency. The account Managers and even the Regional Account Manager do keep in touch with you on a regular bases to see how things are going, which is nice, but other than that don't expect much from them.
Pros
Fills the gap till something better comes along, Lunch with the Regional Manager
Cons
Temp Agency, low pay, ridiculous benefits.
Bad Insurance
Network Administrator (Current Employee) –  Radford, VANovember 22, 2017
If you are single, TEK systems is the place for you. If you need benefits and have a family to look after find somewhere else to work. The insurance options are a joke and they have done nothing to fix the situation.
Cons
Bad insurance, fast recruiter turnover, bad communication.
Nice collegues, let you use your creativity, they pay attention to clients and employees
RegSCI DR Program - Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 21, 2017
Dependent on client you are assigned to. I Learned a different company, regulator's requirements, structure and culture.

Regular lunch touch point meetings with assigned recruiters and account managers.

Needs improvements in planning and assigning consultants expected to roll off of an assignment; or have reached end of contract. Need to be more proactive in this space.

Also, need to work on better options for paid vacation and holidays without impacting consultants salary and benefits.
Pros
Cons
Better options for paid vacation and holidays without impacting consultants salary and benefits, Need to be more proactive in new assignments for employees with upcoming expiring contracts
Fun work environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 20, 2017
Great people to work with in the company and you have the flexibility to set meetings and get out of the office. It is a great place to start off a career in the IT department
interesting job to work at.
telecomuication (Former Employee) –  New JerseyNovember 20, 2017
tek systems deal with a lot of traveling around from city to city and unloading material to perform jobs and you are under a lead who knows how to execute the job. also the pay was good and you get to learn a lot about AC. D.C. current and a lot of pulling cable from one destination to another. and stitching down to the racks that are build from the ceiling to the bays i loved at first then my ability to lift heavy racks and equipment begin to be a bit difficult to bear so i was not able to continue. therefore i had to find less harder to do. However i enjoyed a lot working in that field.
Pros
experience
Cons
climbing on high racks
Great place to start a Carrer
Network & Desktop Technician (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 20, 2017
Excellent place to get started in the IT industry.....if you can make a name for yourself at Teksystems you can make it in pretty much any industry you choose.
Pros
Feet first jumping into the deep end
Cons
Nothing is permanent or steady
Easy job/ Pay could be a lot better
Technician (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TxNovember 19, 2017
Work schedule inst awful, but could use a different schedules to accommodate workloads Usually 36-48 hours per week. Only downfall is pay and little room to advance. Must meet hour updates and constantly watched

Nice people that work there and a new manager is very nice. Some our unfriendly and not very helpful.
Pros
Relaxed dress code and decent schedule.
Cons
low pay
Contract position, good management
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Dublin OhNovember 19, 2017
Working on a cellular site project, strong organization and management, decent benefits and working structure, definitely would recommend this organization
I was hired as a contractor to work at a telcom company
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LANovember 17, 2017
The staff in the area region I was in was great. The were helpful with ensuring my Resume looked perfect. My Recruiter work with often to ensure everything was always on the up and up.
Pros
The communication between team members
Cons
The firms that use them may not fill them in the loop sometimes.
They took me in when I first finished school and helped me grow
Temp Agencies Customer Service Rep Tulsa, ok (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 16, 2017
this was a very nurturing environment, they slowly gave me more demanding assignments, and constantly placed me in places where I could learn more, and as a result I became a much more well rounded technician
Pros
Excellent place to learn and grow while being productive
Cons
They don't offer muich out here where I live
Great people to work for
Informational Services Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNNovember 16, 2017
The recruiters and managers go above and beyond to make sure you are well cared for. Try and find placement for you that works best for you in your situation, yet provides the possible career opportunities that you desire.
Pros
Possibility for great opportunities
Cons
Pay a little lower than expected
Contractor @TekSystems
Sr. Systems Administrator - Microsoft (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GANovember 16, 2017
Was hired through TekSystems for a 3 month to hire contract with Wellstar Health Systems. After starting and working for 2 months I was informed that all contracts are for 6 months. I am approaching the end of the 6 months now, with only some side conversations as to if I want to go full time.
There are some management issues in IT. The department I am assigned has been without a manager for 5 months now.
Pros
Good work life balance.
Cons
Slow to make any commitments for contract to hire.
Project Manager,Project Planner (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILNovember 16, 2017
Great professional peers and great management. Peers were always willing to assist and provide knowledge. The client was very good working with external resources and appreciated you for your loyalty and knowledge.
Good stepping stone
BUSINESS ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNNovember 16, 2017
The recruiters at TekSystems were good when I needed a job. The main manager is great to work with. Being on a contract assignment; however, I am wary that they only want to keep my contract extended rather than find a permanent direct hire position for me.
Pros
They work quickly
Cons
Too eager to extend contract rather than work for me and find a permanent position

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TEKsystems. Our community is ready to answer.