TGC Global is seeking Cisco Network Support Engineers for multiple positions L2 with strong L2 support experience.
Ideal candidates will be able to work onsite in Framingham, MA and open to shift timings. Regular or rotating weekend shift work may be required.These positions are contract openings for 14 months to start with a possibility for extension.
- Deliver Level 2 LAN/WAN technical support - Wide Area Routing and Local Area Switching Architecture and troubleshooting:
- Provides daily troubleshooting support for Routing and Switching Services for global infrastructure.
- Routing and Switching route cause analysis (RCA) for Day 2 operations supporting identification and resolution for network events.
- Work assigned tickets to determine the point of failure and resolve problems remotely utilizing available tools and other Operation Center resources.
- Work & escalate problems effectively in order to meet customer SLA's (service level agreements); escalate to L3 engineers or Management if unable to resolve the issue.
- Direct Field Engineers as required to resolve and/or confirm operation of network equipment.
- Perform problem management and root cause analysis for customers as required.
- Maintain all assigned tickets with up to date information in our ticketing system.
- Provide escalation support to L1 members of network team
- Support service quality metrics.
- Perform on-call rotation.
- Cisco Routing and Switching IP Troubleshooting Standards
- Computer Networking
- Fiber Optics
- Switches – Cisco Catalyst platform (VLANs, trunking)
- Wiring Standards
- Solid understanding of routing protocols (IGRP, EIGRP OSPF, BGP and other related technologies (Multicast, IP Video and IP Telephony)
- Have extensive work experience in configuration and troubleshooting LAN Routing Protocol, Trunking, ISL and 802.1q, VLAN, Ether Channel, STP, Layer 2 Protocols, IP addressing
- Extensive experience with Cisco Routers (2500/2600/2800/ 3200/3600/3800/7200/7500) and Catalyst Switches 4500/3500/2900/6500)
- Strong working knowledge of Cisco wireless: Access points, Wireless LAN Controllers, WCS.
- Strong working knowledge of Nexus 5000/7000
- Cisco CCNP R/S required, or close to obtaining.
- Strong familiarity with Cisco tool sets
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience required.
- Possesses a high degree of system level troubleshooting
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and willingness to assist and effectively communicate with individuals across the organization.
- Good Telephone manner and customer communications skills.