The above opportunity is currently available within TH Easter Consulting LLC's premier utility client located in Dover, DE. This position assists the Internal Audit Department in its review and examination of the Company's internal controls for the results to be reported to Senior Management and the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors. Primary duties and responsibilities include:
- Examination and evaluation of the adequacy and effectiveness of the organization's system of internal control and the quality of performance in carrying out assigned responsibilities including:
- Assists Management with the Company’s ongoing compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act by performing testing and documentation of controls. This includes participating in the preparation of the annual scoping document.
- Reviewing the reliability and integrity of financial and operating information and the means used to identify, measure, classify and report such information.
- Reviewing the systems established to ensure compliance with policies and procedures, in addition to laws and regulations, which could have a significant impact on operations and reports and should determine whether the organization is in compliance.
- Reviewing the means of safeguarding assets and, as appropriate, verify the existence of such assets.
- Reviewing operations or programs to ascertain whether results are consistent with established objectives and goals and whether the operations or programs are being carried out as planned.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual audit plan.
- Plan and schedule assignments, ensuring completion within the budgeted hours and by the indicated deadline.
- Document/update written documentation of the systems of internal control using flowcharts and narratives. This is accomplished through interviews of employees, observation of procedures and examination of documentation
- Identify control weaknesses and exceptions to control procedures.
- Ability to provide value-added audit recommendations
- Assist external auditors, as required
- Interview personnel to ascertain the procedures and controls in effect and to carry out testing.
- Document audit work thoroughly in written audit workpapers, using department-approved format.
- Conduct exit interview with management personnel at the conclusion of the audit to present audit findings.
- Prepare clear and comprehensive written reports on the results of the audit recommendations to improve control structure, and management corrective action plan
- Observe periodic physical inventories. These are performed on-site, at the warehouses and outside propane tank locations.
- Perform special projects as required. This may include analytical reviews, determination of operational efficiencies, fraud investigations and evaluation of newly acquired companies.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- 5-8 years related experience
- CPA or CIA designation
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), internal auditing professional standards, Sarbanes-Oxley, and COSO.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both orally and written, with all levels of management.
- Ability to multi-task in order to complete assignments within the appropriate time frames.
- Travel to audit sites required, in order to retrieve and examine source documents and perform physical verification steps. Auditors must provide their own transportation (expenses will be reimbursed) to locations and airports. Overnight travel upto 25%. The ability to work overtime when necessary to meet deadlines is also required.