The Solís Group, a certified M/W/DBE small business, celebrates its 20th year in providing project management and support services to public agencies, engineering and the construction community including major transit, water and institutional projects in Southern California and throughout the United States. We are currently seeking to hire a Business Development Coordinator who will report and work closely with the Senior Vice President in evaluating, developing and expanding the organization’s portfolio of business opportunities. The Business Development Coordinator’s role will evolve to include additional efforts in capturing pipeline opportunities to ensure organizational growth. This position will be located at the corporate headquarters in Pasadena, CA with occasional travel (20%).
- Identify, qualify, pursue and secure new business opportunities and proposals by targeting identified clients
- Maintain a call list for potential business and meet with existing and potential clients to represent the company
- Work closely with Senior executives and Project Managers to assess opportunities and target markets
- Responsible for fulfilling all tasks related to proposal writing, development, management and delivery including gathering input from subject-matter experts, sub-contractors and other external resources and assisting with the development of price-to-win and pricing strategies
- Interface with potential customers and industry personnel to discuss requirements, schedules and capabilities to develop teaming relationships to support business needs and maximize business performance
- Utilize knowledge of marketplace and competitors to leverage the organization’s brand and opportunity across targeted areas of interest
- Participate in qualification and selection of teaming partners, subcontractors, and suppliers
- Formulate tactical and strategic plans to support the company and client objectives
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5-7 years working knowledge of business development roles, missions and customer development techniques
- A seasoned understanding of the marketplace/industry, competitive and account information, and the ability to team with and influence partners to serve the client
- Must have strong expertise with proposal writing and proposal management, including task prioritization, technical product/service analytical acumen and detailed proposal task prioritization skills
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills with the ability to synthesize requirements and present business cases for action and corporate response in a clear, concise, focused manner
- Exceptional networking skills with a demonstrated focus on customer satisfaction and maintenance of relationships both internally and externally
- Solid negotiation skills with a proven track record in selling complex services and solutions
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and effectively use time and resources to accomplish assigned tasks
- In-depth computer knowledge (MS Word, Power Point, Excel)
- Flexibility and independence
- Prior experience working with large-scale public works projects in transit, etc.
- Experience with social marketing tools
- Experience with graphics software such as InDesign
Any offer of employment is contingent upon acceptable results of a background check, credit check, Live Scan fingerprinting, and drug screening. Submissions without salary history will not be considered. The salary range for this position is 50-60k.
ONLINE APPLICATIONS ONLY. Please apply at:
Founded in 1987, The Solis Group (formerly Solis Advertising & Public Relations) is a full-service advertising and public relations...