ThinkSmart is a privately held marketing & business intelligence firm specializing in advanced data warehousing and management technology, staffed by a team of industry experts with decades of applied experience in database marketing, application development, and IT architecture & design.
Headquartered in San Francisco, our principals have been delivering successful business intelligence in the IT, Marketing and Analytic marketplace for over 15 years and have lead initiatives at over 50 companies in the United States, Canada and Europe.
We are looking for innovative, intelligent, and results-oriented professionals who enjoy the challenges of working with the latest technologies. We are a small fast paced company that embraces creativity and provides a rewarding work environment. We offer very competitive salaries, 401k, health benefits and performance based bonuses.
Duties and Responsibilities
-Plan, coordinate and build customized Marketing Databases for our clients
-Building reports and OLAP cubes from custom built marketing databases
-Tuning, optimizing and automating our current SQL data processing modules
-Running data processing jobs - data hygiene, de-duplication, suppression
-Analyze technical environment and make recommendations for product enhancements.
-Studying and reporting on emerging technologies, new methods, and market direction.
-Collaborate with development teams to test, detect and resolve problems
- BS/MS in Computer Science from a top school or equivalent experience
- 3+ years SQL programming
- 2+ years' experience working with Microsoft SQL Server Reporting/Analysis/Integration Services
- Proven strong innovative and analytical ability with extensive implementation skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Familiarity with scripting languages such as Perl, Python
- Knowledge of direct marketing, marketing databases, merge purge, list processing, data hygiene
Please note we are not looking for a .Net developer. This position will be focused building custom marketing databases, data processing and reporting for our clients. If interested please place two pipes at the end of the subject line.