TIAA-CREF

TIAA-CREF Employer Reviews

great company to work for
Sr. IT Engineer (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 22, 2015
great company to work for, multi-tasking, very demanding and stressfully, a lot work, need to prioritize nicely
Wealth Management Group Client Service Assistant Daily activity
Wealth Management Group Client Service Assistant (Current Employee), Denver, COJanuary 20, 2015
Provide a distinctive service experience, tailored to the unique needs of High Net Worth clientele.
I am responsible for the creation and implementation of a work stream used to identify and enhance the output of more productive and quality driven results using SIX sigma based LEAN concepts
Not bad place to work, but...
Client Relationship Consultant (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: great people
Very specific products, knowledge practicly not applicable else where. You can learn the job without having any specific background.
good
Business/System Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: great colleagues
Cons: long hours
Great company to work for and wonderful supportive colleagues
It's A Job
Computer Deployment Technician (Current Employee), Denver, COJanuary 13, 2015
Title pretty much says it. Best part of the job is the people we are upgrading for are friendly and understanding.
Senior Financial Analyst at TIAA-CREF
Sr. Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: everything was positive about this position. the results, the work-environment, the staff & management, life/work balance
Identified, analyzed & resolved variances brought about by the monthly reconciliation process in a timely manner. In-depth analysis for trends, large fluctuations, changes from expectations & market data.
Participated in implementation of new accounting system, Coordinated w/ Accounting Policy team to ensure appropriate application of accounting principles. Documented new system controls and procedures.
Upon completion of new warehouse project, trained others on process and benefits.
The corporate reporting process was improved & tested and preparation time reduced by a day and a half.
I think this was my most favorite position I've ever had. Seeing the significant improvement in the results from the new system I was a part of creating, and then helping to educate the users of the system was something I really enjoyed doing.
Productive and fullfilling
Individual Consultant - Wealth Management Inbound (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 6, 2015
I really enjoyed working for TIAA-CREF and serving those who have serves us in the educational and non-profit industry. The culture at TIAA-CREF is fantastic, we all worked as a team for a common goal, stated above.
Consultant (Current Employee), ColoradoDecember 3, 2014
Pros: benfits, work life balance, culture
I have worked at TIAA for 5 years and have enjoyed every bit of it. The EMT is extremely engaged and has a genuine desire to grow the company and the capabilities of the employees as well. Benefits are great and pay is decent.
Great experience.
Business Associate (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCDecember 1, 2014
Great experience, great place to learn and grow. Challening work environment.
Great Employees
Manager (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 28, 2014
Pros: good salary
Cons: long hours
Employees are great to work with and very supportive. Some areas in the company are better to work in than others. Operations and Wealth Management teams are good to their employees. CEO is a big believer in communications to employees and meets regularly with employees in town hall meetings.
Prodcutive and employees oriented atmosphere
Actuarial Accounting/Service Representative (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 19, 2014
Pros: great working environment
I have had the opportunity to work in many different departments within company- actuarial, taxation, money market, loan and benefit payments. I had the opportunity to work with all level of management, great company culture. Room for advancement, was able to balance my life and work.
Great Benefits
SERVICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee), NCNovember 17, 2014
Great Benefits, lots of interesting people, beautiful campus
not financial rewarding job
Lead Business Analyst/Co-project Manager (Former Employee), NYNovember 15, 2014
no raise and no future! no annual base raise and culture is not a favorable for new comers.
TIAA-CREF is a great company!
Senior Business Analyst/Change Analyst (Former Employee), New York, New YorkNovember 11, 2014
I worked at TIAA-CREF many years ago and for over 16 years. Although a very large company, it was a family-like environment. I grew into the professional I am today with all the opportunities and advancements I was given.
our company review and job title will be shown
MS SQL Server DBA (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 6, 2014
our company review and joba typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
DO NOT include any personally identifiable information, such as names.
Your company review and job title will be shown publicly on Indeed.
title will be shown
Took Care of Their Employees
Sr. Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALOctober 31, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: too many high level executives
A typical day at work was challenging and dynamic. Every changing environment with a continual exchange of ideas and suggestions.
Good but got a long long way to go before Great.
Financial Consultant (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 30, 2014
Pros: co-workers are great for the most part, mission of the company, pay was solid, 3 year vesting if you can make it that long, lots of different opportunities in the charlotte office.
Cons: systems are slow and antiquated which makes their processes and protocols the same, constantly changing my schedule to accommodate business needs, bureaucratic
I worked a lot of OT but they constantly had mandatory pre and post shift OT with shortened lunches. 8 to 6 with a 30 minute lunch and 2 15 minute breaks ( morning and afternoon) was my normal schedule. My lunch and breaks were constantly changing it was like hitting the lottery if you got a lunch at a normal time.

Learned a lot about:
Employer Sponsored Retirement Plans
Retirement Plan Laws
Annuities and Insurance Business and Laws
How to use antiquated technology
Operating with uncomfortable amounts of ambiguity

Management is like most places drinking the kook-aid. But here it was disjointed, there wasn't a unified leadership style or protocol. I didn't feel comfortable being candid or challenging the status quo.

Coworkers were awesome which is normal in front-line customer service role. We are getting shot at together so we bond really well.

Hardest part of job was antiquated systems and the schedule constantly changing, oh and trying to get time off is pretty much a nightmare. Processes and protocols are out of date and because the technology they use is old and not see friendly.

The best part of the job for me is the people that work with and who I got to serve.
Good pay, terrible work
Senior Financial Consultant (Former Employee), DenverOctober 28, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: day to day work
Call center job. Most of my time I was resetting passwords. Not great for building a resume if you would like to advance in careers that require real financial analysis. Job sold as a sales oriented job with a merit based bonus structure, THIS IS NOT THE CASE.

Turned into a customer service based job, pay and bonus decided only on a basis of tenure. Employees are given few resources, are encouraged to compete with one another, but the pay scale is near random.
Wasn't What I Hoped For
Financial Services Consultant (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXOctober 23, 2014
I do feel that many can excel here, but it was not for me. There is a certain disconnection between management and employees. There is a "coldness."
Productive Environment.
QA Tester (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 21, 2014
My day starts with login into my Account.
Checking the requirements.
Preparing Test plans and discussing with my team for changes.
Writing Test cases and
Generating Test steps.
Executing the test steps.
if any errors found then reporting the bugs to the concerned person.

1 2 3 4 5

About TIAA-CREF

TIAA-CREF is a Fortune 100 financial services organization with $481 billion in assets under management (as of 6/30/12). The firm – Read more