TIAA-CREF

TIAA-CREF Employee Reviews

Excellent company to work for
Senior Branch Operations Administrator (BOA) (Former Employee), Boston, MAMarch 8, 2015
Pros: great people, a lot of growth potential, and very team oriented
Cons: health insurance could be better
team oriented, plenty of room for growth, balanced work-life balance. They provide great work and health initiatives with reward and recognition points. I really love this company. Very people oriented, which stands out in financial sector.
Excellent pool of talent, management needs improvement.
Wealth Management Advisor (Current Employee), Denver, COMarch 4, 2015
Pros: good benefits and compensation package. excellent ceo, excellent core values.
Cons: terrible lower to middle management training which produces inconsistent and unreliable management.
Lower to middle management is poorly trained, if trained at all. Likely to have a new manager every year. Co-workers are ranked against one another, which creates a competitive work environment, which could prove to be beneficial, but many times leads to interpersonal issues. Worst part of the job is managing ever-changing Goals and Metrics as well as ever-changing management. Most enjoyable part of the job is that the employer is very charity-oriented and tries to promote a culture of giving back to the community.
TIAA-CREF
Data Analyst (Current Employee), Denver, COMarch 3, 2015
As a contingent worker, I am very pleased with TIAA-CREF. I work in a healthy work environment where teamwork is very important.
Cool place to grow
Financial Consultant (Current Employee), Lewisville, TXFebruary 28, 2015
Everyonw is friendly and people are constantly being promoted to new areas. You can tell TIAA CREF cares about their employees.
I decline to review.
Senior Analyst and Project Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 2, 2015
I think a lot has changed since I left, but think it is a steady place to work with a decent set of benefits. Think now they are a bit more aggressive and market-driven than the sleepy pension fund attitude.
big organization with nice co-workers
Technical Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 29, 2015
Diversified areas of concentration can change from team to team and explore new things inside the company, good training system and great location.
Independent Consultant - nice place to work
Independent Consultant (Former Employee), New YorkJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: nice offices, nice people
Cons: ftes are over-booked with too many meetings
TIAA-CREF team were very easy to work with, but they are over-booked for meetings and difficult to get visibility with. The role as Consultant worked out nicely though as they appreciated the help
Customer Centric
Client Relationship Consultant (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: my client base
Typical day at work includes anything you can think of when it comes to managing a book of business for three advisers. I have learned to be resourceful and about financial planning in general. My co-workers are the highlight of my day. I have worked with my team for a year and some some of my co-workers in previous positions for approximately 3 years. The hardest part of the job is attempting to appease management while taking care of your clients. The clients are generally understanding and patient which is really helpful.
Great Culture
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee), Denver, COJanuary 23, 2015
The culture at TIAA-CREF is one that fit with my work and communication style.
great company to work for
Sr. IT Engineer (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 22, 2015
great company to work for, multi-tasking, very demanding and stressfully, a lot work, need to prioritize nicely
Wealth Management Group Client Service Assistant Daily activity
Wealth Management Group Client Service Assistant (Current Employee), Denver, COJanuary 20, 2015
Provide a distinctive service experience, tailored to the unique needs of High Net Worth clientele.
I am responsible for the creation and implementation of a work stream used to identify and enhance the output of more productive and quality driven results using SIX sigma based LEAN concepts
Not bad place to work, but...
Client Relationship Consultant (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: great people
Very specific products, knowledge practicly not applicable else where. You can learn the job without having any specific background.
good
Business/System Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: great colleagues
Cons: long hours
Great company to work for and wonderful supportive colleagues
It's A Job
Computer Deployment Technician (Current Employee), Denver, COJanuary 13, 2015
Title pretty much says it. Best part of the job is the people we are upgrading for are friendly and understanding.
Senior Financial Analyst at TIAA-CREF
Sr. Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: everything was positive about this position. the results, the work-environment, the staff & management, life/work balance
Identified, analyzed & resolved variances brought about by the monthly reconciliation process in a timely manner. In-depth analysis for trends, large fluctuations, changes from expectations & market data.
Participated in implementation of new accounting system, Coordinated w/ Accounting Policy team to ensure appropriate application of accounting principles. Documented new system controls and procedures.
Upon completion of new warehouse project, trained others on process and benefits.
The corporate reporting process was improved & tested and preparation time reduced by a day and a half.
I think this was my most favorite position I've ever had. Seeing the significant improvement in the results from the new system I was a part of creating, and then helping to educate the users of the system was something I really enjoyed doing.
Productive and fullfilling
Individual Consultant - Wealth Management Inbound (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 6, 2015
I really enjoyed working for TIAA-CREF and serving those who have serves us in the educational and non-profit industry. The culture at TIAA-CREF is fantastic, we all worked as a team for a common goal, stated above.
Consultant (Current Employee), ColoradoDecember 3, 2014
Pros: benfits, work life balance, culture
I have worked at TIAA for 5 years and have enjoyed every bit of it. The EMT is extremely engaged and has a genuine desire to grow the company and the capabilities of the employees as well. Benefits are great and pay is decent.
Great experience.
Business Associate (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCDecember 1, 2014
Great experience, great place to learn and grow. Challening work environment.
Great Employees
Manager (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 28, 2014
Pros: good salary
Cons: long hours
Employees are great to work with and very supportive. Some areas in the company are better to work in than others. Operations and Wealth Management teams are good to their employees. CEO is a big believer in communications to employees and meets regularly with employees in town hall meetings.
Prodcutive and employees oriented atmosphere
Actuarial Accounting/Service Representative (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 19, 2014
Pros: great working environment
I have had the opportunity to work in many different departments within company- actuarial, taxation, money market, loan and benefit payments. I had the opportunity to work with all level of management, great company culture. Room for advancement, was able to balance my life and work.

About TIAA-CREF

TIAA-CREF is a Fortune 100 financial services organization with $481 billion in assets under management (as of 6/30/12). The firm – Read more

TIAA-CREF Salaries