TIAA-CREF

TIAA-CREF Employer Reviews

Very Nice place to work
ID3 Insurance Software -Senior ISeries Developer (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 25, 2014
Professional environment. Excellent campus

a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Great Environment Felt At Home
Mutual Fund Accountant-Finance Department (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYCJune 24, 2014
Pros: i felt like the employees were great as if they were my personal friends
Cons: the laid-back environment was abused by some of the employees
Working for TIAA-CREF was excellent! I felt like The employees and environment were very good to me. When I needed help there were there to the rescue! I love them I wish I never left! sometimes in life we make decisions that are not good, but we have to live with them Right.
Fast paced enivronment
Administrative Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXJune 11, 2014
Pros: great people and beneifts.
Cons: long hours and lots of turn over.
I was there from the time they moved to their facility. Worked lots of overtime supporting a lot of people. I felt appreciated at times but as the years rolled by, worked harder and was appreciated less.
Busy
Service Excellent Team (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXJune 6, 2014
Pros: the work enviorment
Cons: department was let go and hard to move around without a lincense
A typical work day for myself would be inbound call for varies things with investment backing for an unlicensed representive. With great management that work with you for advancement with becoming lincensed. The hardest part of the job was trying to become lincensed and not passing. The most enjoyable expereinece I had at the job was the enviorment.
Productive work environment in need of better planning from management
Record-keeping Services Specialist (Former Employee), Denver, COMay 30, 2014
Pros: good job security
Cons: management planning could be better
Review and process investment withdrawal and transfer requests. Determine eligiability, make outreach to clients and/or institutions for verifications.

I've learned how a number of different retirement plans function. How the different processes of the handling of investments are handled.

My co-workers were very supportive and respected my knowledge and team work.

The hardest part of the job was the lack of staff needed to handle the demand of the number of requests.
Excellent
Business Systems Consultant (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 27, 2014
excellent management & team
would like to work again
Learned lots of new technology
Monitoring alarms
Console Operator/Alarm Monitor (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 20, 2014
Employer was called The Wackenhut Corp. Job included monitoring security alarms onsite for TIAA-Cref in Charlotte. Updating the daily report after every shift and making sure security procedures were followed.
Excellent Exposure
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 16, 2014
Wealth of information and classes available. Online classes, workshops, improving culture.
Onsite Technical lead and Senior ETL Developer (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 15, 2014
Good learning environment and friendly clients and co worker. Project delivery times are stringent but manageable.
A very positive experience in mutual fund accounting
Mutual Fund Accountant / Consultant (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 9, 2014
Pros: worked with a great team
I successfully navigated the complexities of fund accounting on the operations side and I was able to export the funds to State Street Bank in a timely manner
very poor management
Customer Care Coordinator, CCT (Former Employee), Denver, CoApril 28, 2014
Did not care about people. Everybody afraid of everything.
up and comer - great to work here
Sr. Business Analyst - Banking / Trust Co. Program (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 26, 2014
its a small quiet company but has leaps and bounds planned ahead is a great place to wrk
Productive work place
QA Lead Consultant (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 25, 2014
Attend Team Meetings
Work on Multiple Projects
Worked as a Team
Challenging Environment and got to prove my skills
Great Community involved company
Learning and Development Coordinator (Former Employee), Denver, COApril 16, 2014
Pros: great compensation package
Cons: not much feedback from supervisors.
The daily assignments were sometimes overwhelming and monotonous. There were occasions that the tempo would change and you'd be expected to work on special assignments. Lots of meetings....
Worst Job Ever
Financial Services Consultant (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 13, 2014
Cons: everything
HORRIBLE. Do not go to the call center. You will die a slow painful death. The management sucks, systems sucks, no work life balance, mandatory overtime everyday, horrible bonuses, you are a robot there.
Good place
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 6, 2014
Tiaa-Cref is a good place to work, salaries are nice people are great.
A great company to be employed and work for, challenging, rewarding, and diversed.
Financial Operation Specialist (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 27, 2014
Pros: challenges, changes, and chances.
Longevity, awarding, and advancement to every employee. Honest and reliable company, I would highly recommend to anyone seeking a long-term career.
Call Center
Senior Financial Services Consultant (Current Employee), Lewisville, TXMarch 27, 2014
Pros: benefits & clients
Cons: management, office politics & wfm / phone-ties
I love helping participants with their retirement goals and needs.

I don't like being tied to a phone and every second of my day controlled by a workforce management system.

The office politics of Upper Management at this location is unethical and do not follow standard or fair practices for decision making regarding employees and their job duties and opportunities.
Contractor
Management Consultant (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 8, 2014
Pros: great location
Cons: charlotte is congested
Great people to work with and good work if you can get it. The problem with being a contractor is that you usually don't go perm. The managers are great - other contractors are highly skilled - the campus is beautiful. Location is central - close to everything.
Very Laid Back
Defined Benefit Plan Specialist (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: n/a
My manager was awesome! I learned a lot from my manager. If it was not for me relocating I would have stayed with the company.

About TIAA-CREF

TIAA-CREF is a Fortune 100 financial services organization with $481 billion in assets under management (as of 6/30/12). The firm – Read more