TIC Summer Camp, a unique day camp in the DC area for 31 years, seeks skilled digital art counselors for the summer. TIC staff members enjoy creative independence, a stimulating and spirited atmosphere, and the camaraderie of brilliant and energetic peers. They work great hours: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and earn excellent pay: $2,400 to $3,600 (depending on education level and experience) for the 8-week season (plus 1 week of staff training), mid-June through mid-August.
We are actively recruiting for this summer and have several positions available at all three of our locations in McLean, Bethesda, and northwest DC. Please read the general requirements and job descriptions before you apply.
The main responsibility of all staff is the campers' safety and wellbeing -- all day, every day. We are committed to a personal approach to all activities. The staff makes sure that campers are given real choices, guidance in making those choices, and lots of personal attention. The job description below lists the minimum essentials.
- Energy, creativity, and patience
- A real interest in children and the desire to teach
- A love of learning and zest for life
- Strong written and verbal communicates skills
- Friendly, tactful, diplomatic and proven customer service skills
- Experience in teaching or coaching a plus
- Ability and desire to work in a stimulating, fulfilling and sometime silly environment while managing good judgement and safety
- Availability for the entire summer, including staff training. Dates for the MD & VA sites are June 17 through August 16, 2013. DC dates are from June 10 through August 9, 2013.
- Ability to teach teach campers a variety of graphic arts
- Extensive artistic skill, training in photography, and experience with Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Knowledge of computer programming, web design, or animation are strong additional assets
- Multiple or cross discipline skills are a plus
Interested applicants must complete the short online staff application at www.ticcamp.com/applyjob. Please do not send resumes.