TIC Summer Camp, a unique day camp in the DC area for 31 years, seeks a skilled tennis specialist to lead its tennis program. TIC staff members enjoy creative independence, a stimulating and spirited atmosphere, and the camaraderie of brilliant and energetic peers. They work great hours: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and earn excellent pay: $2,400 to $3,600 (depending on education level and experience) for the 8-week season (plus 1 week of staff training), mid-June through mid-August.
We are actively recruiting for this summer and have several positions available at all three of our locations in McLean, Bethesda, and northwest DC. Please read the general requirements and job descriptions before you apply.
The main responsibility of all staff is the campers' safety and wellbeing -- all day, every day. We are committed to a personal approach to all activities. The staff makes sure that campers are given real choices, guidance in making those choices, and lots of personal attention. The job description below lists the minimum essentials.
- Energy, creativity, and patience
- A real interest in children and the desire to teach
- A love of learning and zest for life- Strong written and verbal communicates skills
- Friendly, tactful, diplomatic and proven customer service skills
- Experience in teaching or coaching a plus
- Ability and desire to work in a stimulating, fulfilling and sometime silly environment while managing good judgement and safety
- Availability for the entire summer, including staff training. Dates for the MD & VA sites are June 17 through August 16, 2013. DC dates are from June 10 through August 9, 2013.
- Experience in teaching or coaching tennis is required
- Able to teach tennis lessons to beginning or intermediate level players for 2 hours daily
- Also serves as athletic counselor for two thirds of each day; have skills to participate in the athletics program each day
Interested applicants must complete the short online staff application at www.ticcamp.com/applyjob. Please do not send resumes.