TKO Staffing is a industry leading recruiting firm that specializes in construction management positions. We are currently accepting resumes for a Construction Project Manager. This position is a full-time/direct hire position with a large construction company in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area. The right candidate will have a minimum of 1 year experience working in the earth moving industry.
Basic Job Description
- Charting out the project scope, objectives and plans, setting performance requirements
- Bringing about optimum utilization of resources- labor, materials and equipment, and ensuring their procurement at most cost-effective terms
- Implementation of various operations through proper coordination
- Development of effective communications and mechanisms for resolving conflicts among the various participants
- Drive projects via leadership and goal attainment
- Lead the project from start to finish. (Concept, Programming, Design Development, Construction, Commissioning)
- Perform a key role in project planning, budgeting, and identification of resources needed.
- Create the teams, develop the objectives/goals of each and assign individual responsibilities.
- Project accounting functions including managing the budget, tracking if team expenses and minimizing exposure and risk in the project
- Ensure that construction activities move according to pre-determined schedule.
- Devise the project work plans and make revisions as and when need arises.
- Communicate effectively with the contractors responsible for completing various phases of the project.
- Co-ordinate the efforts of all parties involved in the project, which include the architects, consultants, contractors, sub-contractors and laborers.
- Lead the progress of the construction activities on a regular basis and hold regular status meetings with all the sub-teams.
- Maintain strict adherence to the budgetary guidelines, quality and safety standards.
- Periodic inspection of construction sites.
- Ensure project documents are complete.
- Identify the elements of project design and construction likely to give rise to disputes and claims.
- Serve as a key link with the clients and review the deliverable prepared by the team before passing onto client
- A construction management degree or certificate or a related construction degree
- 7 to 10 years project management experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong Leadership and project management skills
Indeed - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard