TMK IPSCO leads the industry by combining state-of-the-art technology, top-notch talent and powerful manufacturing capabilities to create and deliver a broad range of innovative tubular products. TMK IPSCO is one of the largest North American producers of welded and seamless pipe and premium connections dedicated to serving the oil and gas industry and many industrial markets. Our legacy of quality, industry-renowned customer service and focus on innovative products and services allow us to drive unparalleled value for our customers.
We are currently seeking a Quality Technician for our R&D Center in Houston, TX. This professional will be responsible for supporting Testing (Connection Testing, Tensile Testing & other tests) by checking the pipe using standards, MRP gauges, Micrometers etc.); and performing measurement studies using CMM and other measurement equipment (Standards, MRP, and Comparators).
ADDITIONAL ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintaining measurement equipment and calibrating equipment (Calipers, Micrometers, and Standards etc)
- Supporting Ultra manufacturing plants in resolving quality issues by performing measurement studies in the R&D Center Gauge Lab
- Developing new QA/QC procedures as required for the Gauge Lab
- Interpreting Standards (API Q1 Specs/ 5 CT or Customer Specs) and communicating requirements to the team
- Planning and supporting internal and external audits, recognizing possible existing deviations and developing corrective measures and managing the closure of deviations by creating/revising the current procedures pertaining to the Gauge Lab
- Supporting manufacturing locations when required by providing measurement analysis on the pipe or connection
- Supporting R&D and Product Engineering group in providing measurement analysis
- Support testing activities
- Performing other duties as required
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s degree in a Technical discipline or related work experience
- A minimum of 3 - 5 years of work experience in Quality Engineering/ Assurance or related field
- Measurement System and Analysis (MSA) experience – Gage R&R studies, GD&T, product measurement and analysis
- Demonstrated ability and passion for processes and problem solving
- Knowledge of tubular and/or steel manufacturing, and threading processes
- Capable of working effectively with minimal direction and supervision
- Detail oriented and clear communicator
- Strong ability to work with large volumes of data using Excel, internal quality systems etc., and the ability to run simple statistical models using Excel, Minitab etc.
- Familiarity with material and metallurgical testing equipment/ understanding of test data and analysis
- Ability to make technical presentations using multimedia – PowerPoint, Visio, etc.
- Understand concepts of critical characteristics, process variability and process controls
DESIRABLE EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge of Specifications/Standards API Q1, 5CT, and ISO 9001
- Knowledge of various CNC machining etc
- Knowledge of PFMEA, Control Plan, First Article
- Strong understanding of steel making, forming and threading processes
- Experience in running CMM for product measurement
We offer competitive compensation and excellent benefits, including medical/dental/vision benefits starting on your first day of employment. In addition, we offer profit sharing, outstanding bonus, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match, immediate vesting and much more.
To apply, please submit your resume along with contact and salary information below.