Location: Los Angeles, CA
Want to make an impact in the realm of digital video technologies ranging from streaming media to advanced ISR?
Here is your chance. A unique opportunity is now open within our company.
We are looking for a rockstar Senior Software Engineer with proficient Software Development skills and able to do your own System Administration to support you and other engineers working in a secure client/partner site. The ideal candidate will be inquisitive, persistent and flexible with strong software engineering skills, along with excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
You have substantial experience in product development and configuration management in video compression technologies with proven project management, documentation and customer interface — a self-starter — able to manage and complete your routine and special tasks in a timely manner. You enjoy coding, but are happy to pull yourself away from the screen to interact with technically savvy clients, top-level executives and other members of your team ranging from engineers to product developers and marketers.
Lastly, you may spend much of your time in working in a secure client location in the US and in our development lab in Canada. This will require that you are an US citizen with the ability to hold top-level security clearances.
What’s in it for you?
You'll be part of a disruptive innovative, high-energy, collaborative team working on cutting edge technology. You’ll have the opportunity to not only disrupt the digital video industry (from digital cinema and streaming media to ISR and space exploration) but also to advance within the company and profit from our success. You will be offered competitive wages plus attractive incentives.
If you are excited at the opportunity to challenge not only yourself but also the entire digital video industry, then we encourage you to send us your cover letter and resume (Text, HTML, or PDF format) explaining how you would be the ideal candidate for this position.
We prefer in-depth relevant details on your resume, CV, and in your cover letter/email; so don't skimp if it's relevant. Your personal information will be kept confidential.
- Ability to hold top-level security clearances (US citizenship, clean criminal record, etc.)
- Preferred 4+ years computer science / engineering degrees
- 10+ years on actual design / implementation using UML, C, C++
- 8+ years of related work experience in image/video processing such as compression/decompression, zooming and filter development
- 4+ years on Java and/or Objective-C
- 4+ year on using MS Visual Studios (version 2008 and beyond)
- Highly detailed knowledge on current video compression algorithms such as DCT, Fractal, Wavelet, JPEG, JPEG200, H.264, H.265 (HEVC), VP8, VP9 and any related emerging video/image compression technologies.
- Experience on prototyping software such as MATLAB, OpenCV, etc.
- Designer-level experience on Windows / Android / iOS / Web / X-Windows GUI
- Designer-level experience on SQL such as MS SQL, Oracle, Postgres, etc.
- Designer-level experience on Intel, AMD and Arm assembly
- Designer-level experience on LAMP and GNU suite of software,UNIX (FreeBSD, etc.)
- Able to use scripting languages such as Python, Perl, Ruby, ANT, etc.
- Experience on Plug-In technologies
- Experience with algorithmic design including code optimization for size and speed
- Experience with feature to requirement mapping
- Some experience with GPU and OpenCL
- Some experience on Eclipse and/or Net Beans
- Strong technical project management skills. Thorough and hands-on experience to drive a continuing development process from start to final iteration in an agile fashion
- Experience on cross platform development including porting between operating systems.
- Experience on designing distributed applications (COM/DCOM/CORBA/J2EE, etc.)
- Knowledge on GIT as a source code control system including Jenkins, BuiltBot, etc.
- Basic UNIX and Windows systems administration knowledge including in the ability to set up / configure / maintain hardware environment, database server, web server (such as Apache)
- More than basic knowledge of hardware such as DSP, ASIC, FPGA, etc.
- Technical writing skills
- Web design technologies such as AJAX, JQUERY, REST paradigm etc.
- Experience on setting up automated build processes
- Able to track "bottle-necks" in hardware solution using network management tools
- Understanding of hardware latencies such as concurrency and deadlock detection / prevention/ resolution
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The company is engaged in high tech advanced complex image processing software and is dedicated to bringing an advanced product to market in as short a time as possible.
“We develops digital video compression technology that provides end-to-end workflow and distribution solutions for digital cinema; streaming media; cable TV; sports; mobile; intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance; defense; security; medical imaging; space exploration; gaming and education.”
For more information about TMM,Inc., check out our website at www.tmmi.us
Serious Applicants only. Recruiters and Outsourcing Companies, please don't bother contacting this job poster.