Senior Software Engineer-Specialist BRS position available at EMC Corporation in Santa Clara, CA & various unanticipated locations throughout the US.
Provide specialized tech skills & expertise by independently determining & developing approaches to solutions for wide range of complex software eng problems related to data storage subsystems.
Use judgment, creativity & sound specialized technical knowledge to obtain & recommend solutions.
Architect, design, dev & test new data storage related products as well as upgrades & enhancements or fixes to existing products.
Work on coarsely defined small projects with minimal supervision.
Exercise judgment & take initiative to proactively fix problems within the data storage subsystem module or component.
Make backup & recovery products more supportable.
Work effectively with peers & senior members of the development team.
Write Architecture specs, High Level Design specs, Unit Test plans & Integration test plans. Analyze & code complex modules, define data structures, & specify test tools.
Contribute to the development & achievement of organizational goals & objectives.
Responsible for delivery of subsystem, & anticipating issues & addressing them proactively. Work under limited direction & within general practices.
Must be willing to work at various, unanticipated locations throughout the U.S.
ER will accept Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Physics or related tech field, followed by 5 years of progressive, post-baccalaureate work exp in job offered or 5 years of progressive, post-baccalaureate work exp in a computer-related occupation OR Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Physics or related technical field & 3 years of work exp in job offered or 3 years of work exp in a comp-related occupation.
Educ/exp must include:
1) Data structures & algorithms skills: manipulating & representing data on secondary storage & in memory, appropriately balancing time & space complexities of these data structure & algorithms;
2) Memory mngmnt skills: effective & efficient dynamic memory allocation, pooling & mngmnt schemes;
3) Computer arch & operating system internals;
4) Data storage systems, file systems, compilers, networking, protocols;
5) Programming in C/C++/Java or equiv in UNIX or similar operating system environment;
6) Desig, implement & debug multi-threaded programs by applying appropriate concurrency control & synchronization techniques;
7) Storage Virtualization expertise;
8) Linux/Unix/ FreeBSD or POSIX compliant System Programming skills;
9) Storage Management skills;
10) Creating Architecture specs & functional specs. Any suitable combination of education, training, or exp is acceptable.
8:00AM – 5:00PM, Mon-Fri; $144,206.00/year, standard company benefits.
Please click "Apply" to submit your resume now, or send to: Recruitment & Employment Office, EMC Corporation, Attn: Job Ref #: EMC71014, PO Box 56625, Atlanta, GA 30343.