The Patient Navigator’s primary responsibilities include assessing patients for addiction using the Townsend proprietary system, recommending the proper level of care, and admitting patients into the Townsend addiction treatment program. The Patient Navigator should have some understanding of addiction and/or experience or interest in counseling, case management, or social work. LCSW, LMSW, MSW, LAC, CIT (or similar) preferred, but not required.
- Assist site team to meet or exceed monthly admission targets for Company.
- Provide uncompromising exceptional customer service.
- Assist patient throughout the assessment/admission process.
- Follow-up with prospective patients and remove barriers to increase chance of admission.
- Assist clinic staff to resolve patient and family complaints and to communicate with patients as requested by clinical team.
- Ensure all admission paperwork is complete and accurate.
- Ensure all preliminary testing is complete.
- Whenever possible, accompanies new admit to first group.
- Interface with associates, providers and Leadership to assist in problem solving.
- Perform administrative duties in a wide variety of non-routine situations.
- Maintain files and records as assigned.
- Compile data for confidential/statistical reports.
- Maintain appropriate communications with a professional and courteous demeanor in accordance with Townsend’s core values.
- Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of work, especially with regard to information specific to individuals in accordance with HIPPA guidelines.
- MSW preferred but not required.
- Willingness to learn about the addiction treatment industry through continuing education opportunities and internal training.
- Ability to effectively overcome barriers and work with prospective patients and support systems to increase admissions.
- Organized and able to independently perform administrative functions for local clinic including managing tasks and schedule for counselors
- Knowledge of resources available in the community pertinent to treatment of this population
- Working proficiency on MS Office, Excel software programs
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and written.
- Must possess a professional demeanor at all times.
The above list is representative of the primary job functions, but is not meant to be a comprehensive list of responsibilities.
Company website: Townsendla.com
Location: New Orleans, LA
Compensation: Salary Range 35 - 38K (based on credentials and experience), Company paid health, vision, and dental, 2 weeks of vacation annually, and 10 paid holidays per year.