TSA

TSA Employee Reviews

Overall this met my needs and was enjoyable, but would not be my choice for a long career.
Master Coordination Center Officer (Former Employee), Minneapolis-St. Paul International AirportFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: great co-workers, no two days the same.
Cons: stessful situations with sometimes unrealistic demands.
Enjoyed the diversity of the workforce and interaction with travelers while working the checkpoints.
I never enjoyed having to tell someone that an object or product could not enter the sterile area of the airport causing them to surrender the item.
A small percentage of the traveling public can be difficult or even downright rude sometimes trying to test an officer's patience. I always managed to listen without falling into the trap of debating or becoming angry.
The coordination center had little direct contact with the public, but gave me an opportunity to see the inside workings of the organization. It could, however, get very stressful at times. I was lucky enough to always have great co-workers.
DFW International Airport Terminal D
Transportation Security Officer (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 18, 2015
• Screened passengers at DFW Int’l. Airport by utilizing hand-held metal detectors,
X-ray screening or physically patting down, checked IDS and worked to control the
flow of passengers in a safe and effective manner
Becoming a family
Lead Screening Officer (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: working with others that understood why tsa is there.
Cons: limited break areas
We start the day by having a briefing covering the events of the day and/or the week. The passenger load for the day or week,placing the much needed to their work location,adjusting their breaks and lunches.Working with the law enforcement other enties that work and interact at the airport.Working with the passengers could be trying some times they would forget why TSA is there.
Behavior Analysis and Observation throughout the airport vicinity (sterile and non-sterile side)
BDO/TSO (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 26, 2015
Qualitative and Quantitative Behavior Analysis and Observation
good working environment great hours
Travel Scanner (Former Employee), Miami, FL and Ft LauderdaleJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: team work procedures as well as dependable work hours
Cons: fast accurate service and focus.
This was a Co not with just stable opportunity but growing advancement if you wanted.
This job depends on the person.
Transportation Security Officer (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: the horrible hours.
A typical day at work isn;t bad. I have a pretty easy going day. It isn;t too stressful as most would think. I have learned there are people from all walks of life who go trhough all kinds of things that fly everyday from sun up to sun down. Management is a hit or miss. You either have someone who loves their job and doesn't mind going the extra mile or you have someone who is there to collect a pay check as with any other job anywhere else. The hardest part of the job is knowing your procedures. You can get fired for just about anything! As long as your head is in the game the job is alright. The most enjoyable part of my job is having some pretty amazing co-workers who don;t mind lending a hand and the unbelievable things you see in the airport.
Very enjoyable place to work and full of responsibilities.
Federal Transportation Security Officer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits and leave program.
Cons: no free parking at airport.
Productive and very good workplace, having positive interaction with co-workers and managers, learning and updating information in a constant basis, which it makes it hard to keep up, but enjoyable at the same time, once you understand the importance to do so.
Daily dealing with people is what it makes it interesting and lets you be as professional as you can be.
Fast pace ,very high security,working with different cultures.
Transportation Security Officer (Current Employee), Houston, TXDecember 28, 2014
Pros: i love working and helping people
Cons: no appreciation from higher up and lack of communication.
Everyday at work I am introduced to new procedures and protocols,which is something that I have been train to do . I work with people from all over the world with different backgrounds, which is awesome because I get learn and pick up different languages from them.Management could be a little its hard to talk to them when there never around,I would have to say the hardest part of my job is working under someone that doesn't care about people and the job that you do as much as you do.The part that I value the most is knowing that the planes and people make it to their destination safely and they feel secure when they come through.
good place to work
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee), Homeland Security AdministrationDecember 26, 2014
Pros: compensation/benefits
Cons: no job security/adancement
its a good company with poor management. its a good site to work its a Homeland security Administration office. very nice people works there. but as far as the company management on that site is not very good. but over all its a good place to work. i was there for 8 years. i enjoy working there.
Challenging every day
Behavior Detection Officer (Current Employee), El Paso, TXDecember 23, 2014
Always learning, and work with the public. Teamwork for the safety of travelling public and commerce
This is Fed Government
OBIEE Developer (Current Employee), Washington DCDecember 22, 2014
Project Description: TSA is responsible for enhancing the security of air to protect the public in various U.S. transportation modes and infrastructures. This project involves requirements gathering, development, testing, deployment and related infrastructure support services necessary to support the Transportation Threat Assessment and Credentialing (TTAC) Secure Flight (SF) Program and specifically Reports Management System (RMS)
Commercial Sales Manager
Commercial Sales Manager (Current Employee), Evans, Ga.December 18, 2014
Pros: customer driven
Cons: no advancement opportuities
TSA is a great company located in Evans, Georgia. Co-workers were great to work with and hard working. Management was very supportive and provided assistance. I learned the importance of being detailed oriented and providing excellent customer service.
Very Interesting, great learning experience.
Airport passenger security test operations (Former Employee), FAA office airport NJNovember 17, 2014
Pros: down time in between projects, used as reading time.
Cons: putting on wigs, head got warm.
TSA merged with Department of Homeland Security. During this time I worked on call when needed. We would test airport security and operations as a passenger.
Best part of job was knowing you are assisting in airport security and airline travel saftey for the future.
Hradest part of job is that it was not steady work.
I was proud to be in the company of the government professionals.
Poor magement
Key duties as TSA Agent (Current Employee), BostonNovember 16, 2014
Pros: stable paycheck
Cons: poor management
Poor management. lots of shady things going on. No support from supervisor. Employees are underpaid.
A great foot in the door for other goverment jobs
BDO (Former Employee), BOSNovember 13, 2014
Pros: good training, great federal benefits
Cons: managent is terrible, morale is very low
The hours are terrible. Management/ Leadership is terrible. The pay is "ok" at best. Dealing with the traveling public can be challenging. Promotions are based on who you know.

A great place to get your foot into the door of the Federal government. Now I am a FLEO for the DOJ.
Grind daily
Sr. Oracle SOA/OSB/B2B (Former Employee), MDNovember 12, 2014
Pros: go ahead of security line in airports
Cons: hectic.
Like every other IT project. Nothing extraordinary. Like every other project it had it shares of ups, screw ups, in competence, arrogance, and egotistic people who thought they knew everything while they didn't
Opportunity
Customer rep (Former Employee), 19N741 U.S. 20, Hampshire, ILNovember 7, 2014
Pros: the discount in the food mart of the combine resturants.
A very fast pace moving environment, with great opportunity. How to Mingle with variety of people,
Dynamic place to work where change is constant depending on security issues at hand.
Asst Federal Security Director for Law Enforcement (Current Employee), El Paso, TX and Albuquerque, NMNovember 7, 2014
Pros: ensuring the safety of the traveling public
Cons: dealing with an ever-changing threat to transportation systems.
My day begins with reading all relevant emails and intelligence reports. I then meet with staff to discuss current operational status and solicit resolution procedures for issues that need modification or adjustment. The remainder of my day is spent on directing enforcement actions and overseeing airport security programs and operations, including management of business functions such as human resources, finance and procurement. The most difficult part of my job is dealing with disatisfied and/or difficult customers and stakeholders. However, the most enjoyable part of my job is being able to resolve customer or stakeholder related issues, thus facilitating the success of the mission while maintaining good relationships with those I encounter.
Govt. Position - Always a plus
GS-11 - Opps.Supervisor, Training Educator (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 26, 2014
Pros: great salary, benefits
Cons: no down time, holidays
Multi-tasked
Heavy Customer Service
Ability to manage challenging situations
Diverse Culture
Cross-Trained
when you love your career its easy!!!
Disability Aide (Former Employee), redford miOctober 23, 2014
THE BEST JOB IVE EVER HAD!! my passion for children is unexplainable and being able to work with them everyday was a blessing!!!!

About TSA

The Teaching Supply Agency: Is a specialist Education recruitment Agency. We specialise in the placement of high quality education – Read more

TSA Salaries