TSA

TSA Employer Reviews

Pay and Benefits Great, But High Stress
Supervisor (Current Employee), DFW Airport, TexasJuly 21, 2014
Pros: the pay is good and so are the benefits.
Cons: high stress work environment at the airport and insuring security and dealing with public, stakeholders, and in house politics.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with politics and government beuaracracy (sp). Best part pay and benefits. High stress dealing with insuring security is effective. Coworkers at DFW Airport highly cut throat. Not always in control of work hours and days off, but get plenty of paid time off and sick leave.
Fun
Accounts Reconciliation Representative (Former Employee), Hartford CTJuly 21, 2014
Pros: on the road
Cons: long hours
Long hours for a great company and owner
Good pay
Great Management
Company vehicle
Good steady job with good pay and benefits
DHS /TSA Screening Manager, Duty Officer (Former Employee), ConnecticutJuly 14, 2014
Indoor job, clean environment to work in, and job satisfaction.
High stress environment with little career advance
Secure Flight Analyst (Former Employee), Annapolis Junction, MDJuly 8, 2014
Pros: stationary job with little to no physical requirements
Cons: rotating shifts are non-negotiable and make home or education difficult
Security clearance will get a higher paying job in almost any other company. This is an entry level position paying the lowest possible wage. Turnover is high, management makes sweeping worklife decisions without consideration of employees and the shift differential does not compensate for lack of advancement potential
No a friendly work place at all!
Federal Screening Officer (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 7, 2014
Overall it is always good to help the public, but management has not respect for its workers.
Much to be desired
Security Screener (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARJuly 3, 2014
Very small chance for advancement, low salary for governement job, little to no chance of a raise, questionable management practices.
Learned alot of the job
Contractor (Former Employee), VAJuly 2, 2014
Pros: great contract staff
Cons: management
great environment too work, i miss the poeple i met and the relationship that were built
Great Productive work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Arlington, VAJune 22, 2014
Pros: great team plalyers
Cons: short breaks sometimes depend on the work load
Great Productive and fun work place. Great co-workers. Learn the policy for traveling domestic and international
productive and nice place to work with lots of people
Intermedia (Former Employee), Johnstown, PAJune 21, 2014
Pros: nice work place, got along with everyone
Cons: no health care plans
A typical day at work for me at intermedia would be taking over 300 phone calls per day and helping people sign up for cable services phone services and internet I really liked this job with getting to speak with people everyday and helping them fine the best company they wanted to go with. The most enjoyable art would have to be making the customer happy at the end of eachof my calls.
overall rating four
Security Screener (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNJune 20, 2014
A typical day at work was busy and stressful but pleasant. What I learned about the security environment is the importance of multi tasking and being safe. Management was very professional and safe also the co-workers. The hardest part of my job was the clarity of safety. The most enjoyable part of my job was interactive with the customers.
Airport Screener
Transportation Security Officer (Former Employee), Jamaica, NYJune 17, 2014
Pros: family oriented work life. good benefits. holiday parties
Cons: impersonal management, invasive protocol
As a part time TSA employee your shift starts 10 minutes before your scheduled time. Everything is done through protocol and its almost military like. We start our day with a briefing of current events and what to expect through out the day. Most of it is sensitive security information given by the government. I learned how to be vigilant and aware of my surroundings the most from this job. The coworkers are great and you truly become a family because we work so much as a team. The management is okay. The do have their favorites as far as employees. Because everything is done in rank we don't go to often to management but our assigned supervisor whom you do build a relationship with. The hardest part of the job is having to be invasive as a part of your job, who lose a little morality in my opinion. The most enjoyable are the people you meet from all parts of the world because of working in an airport. You experience a lot of cultural lifestyles.
Customer Service Representative/Screener (Former Employee), Jamaica, NYJune 16, 2014
Pros: interesting
Cons: short breaks
Great company to work for. Interesting working with customers
Has a variety of different hours will work you.
Transportation Security Associate (Former Employee), Shreveport, LAJune 12, 2014
Pros: feeling safe to get on planes
Cons: dealing with attitudes
A typical day is getting up dressing in uniform and heading to work you deal with the public so you have to ready for anything. Learned to be aware of my surroundings and to be aware of what others are doing notice foreign objects in suitcases and purses etc. Management is there for you to help when needed hardest part is dealing with the public you might get cursed out or just have attitude because they have to be searched. benefits of job is your making it safe for people to travel without any worries.
stressfull enviroment
DHS officer (Former Employee), lax airportJune 10, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: stressful
very stressful and demanding i enjoyed making the passangers happy however most of them were mean and management there was rude
a work place where you are constantly being put to the test on an every day basis
Transportation Security Officer (TSO) (Current Employee), Boston, MAJune 9, 2014
-you have to be on your P's and Q's
-its an environment that is constantly evolving, so you have to be able to adapt
-you work with people from all different shapes and background, which i enjoy a lot
-the hardest part of the job is not knowing what to expect each time you walk into work
security officer
Security Officer (Former Employee), East Boston, MAJune 5, 2014
Pros: nice staff throughout all terminals
Cons: denied hour change when my fanily situation changed so i had to resign
handles the r-ray machine, metal detector, bag checks, pay downs, secured exits, rotated every 30 minutes, and made sure that each flight was safe
very good place
Federal Officer (Former Employee), fort lauderdale, floridaJune 1, 2014
coworkers strive to maintain a good work friendly environment and help with job difficulties.
Stressful job
Transportation Security Officer (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 25, 2014
Pros: job advancement
Cons: annual test
It's a little bit stressful because of the nature of the job. I learned how to treat people in a professional way. Management demands to much. I think more than expected. Co-workers are not too much friendly. Other than that, it's fun to interact with the people.
fast pased enviorment
Bilingual TSA Officer (Former Employee), miami and washington dcMay 22, 2014
Pros: alert enviorment always something new to do and learn
Cons: crazy work schedules
Fast paced and always alert enviorment I learned a lot and felt responsible for the security of passengers. The most enjoyable part is knowing that you protected and served for your country everyday doing different tasks
TSA is a great educational job
Homeland Security (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMay 17, 2014
Pros: opportunities to make you feel safe to fly.
Cons: no/a
I am not able to give to much information on my job description. I can tell you that we protect the flying public from terrorism.
I deal with passengers day in and day out. I conduct physical bag checks. I conduct pat down. I conduct customer service to the flying public.

My co-workers and I maintain a positive assurance of entering the airport.

I am a people person so therefore I enjoy dealing with people every day. I go out my way to speak to every one in my immediate reach.

About TSA

The Teaching Supply Agency: Is a specialist Education recruitment Agency. We specialise in the placement of high quality education – Read more