TSA

TSA Employer Reviews

Desirable
Transportation Security Officer (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 3, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: safety
From a professional standpoint, the working environment needs slight improvement.
Can be very strenuous
Officer (Former Employee), Romulus, MIApril 1, 2014
Pros: reasonable pay
Cons: see comments
People have a tendency, due to airline rulings, to over-pack bags, and unless you are in great physical shape, you can easily risk injury at this job, especially if assigned to the baggage areas.
a great learning experience
Security Officer (Current Employee), Queens, NYMarch 28, 2014
Pros: great coworkers, understanding management
Cons: the life of others in your hands, the chance of meeting someone who will try to cause harm to the country.
this job was a great learning experience for me, showed me the ins and outs of what goes on when searching passengers that are ready to board a flight. to others it may seem simple but the work environment is very intense we have the lives of many in our hands. every bag and passenger must be searched thoroughly. there was lots of training that helped – more... to strengthen my people skills and watch my surroundings. i was very grateful for the time i had there, – less
Fun and diverse work environment
Tranportation Security Officer (TSO) (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 25, 2014
i like to work with different people and meet all kinds of passengers. i do no like when passengers are mean to me when i smile and greet them.
Great
Logistics Director/Technology Director (Current Employee), Miami, FLMarch 17, 2014
Days start early,

Through out the day there are many challenges
New hotel and casino
Customer service (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 10, 2014
Pros: fun personal
Cons: low income
Its a new place so it needs more order and strong management.
productive
Lead Transportation Security Officer, LTSO (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 5, 2014
Pros: lunch
Cons: i brought it
Very good opportunity to develop and master customer service as well as problem solving skills.
Protect and Secure traveling public
Lead Transportation Officer (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 2, 2014
Pros: compensation, benefits, bonuses
Cons: un-armed, management, stress from public
One of the governments most hated agencies makes the job a little difficult. Helping people understand why this job even exists and that we are here to keep them safe eases some of the publics mind.
Too many Chiefs and not enough Indians
Security Coordinator (Current Employee), IndianFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: get to work from home!
Cons: no healthcare or benefits of any kind and no raise in 5 years.
I used to LOVE my job but I am discovering that the harder you work and try the less appreciated you are.
Safety for passengers, flight crews, visitors, and employees.
TSA FEDERAL OFFICER (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: getting to interact with the public and providing the best safety possible.
Cons: inconsistency, ever changing rules that are interpreted differently
Worked as a team effort to make sure that all safety to protect and serve were met to the best of my ability each day. Not only did we work with flight crews and passengers on their checkpoint process but also to make safety checks throughout the airport and planes where inspections were done to meet safety standards. Worked with several pieces of equipment: – more... xray, metal detectors, body scanners, ied trace dectors, liquid scanners and documentation id verification machines. – less
Everyday there was something new
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLFebruary 19, 2014
I got to interact with customers that liked sports, fitness, and outdoor lifestyles. I learned how the retail business operates and what it take to ensure customers are satisfied. Management was helpful in directing me in the right direction. The majority of my co-workers were about my age and also had similar interests as me. The hardest part of my – more... job would have to be Black Friday when the place was chaotic. I enjoyed interacting with customers and talking sports with them. – less
Fast past, fun, interesting place to work
TSA Officer (Former Employee), Oakland, CAFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: great training facilities and people
Cons: shift work
Typical day at work usually started at 5am. Consisted of screening passengers, taking tickets, giving directions, operating a scanning machine, give passengers pat-downs and personal screenings. Working in Oakland, there is always a diversity in culture, not to mention the movies stars that you can occasionally see.
My best learning experience was being – more... open to other cultures and learning from and embracing those cultures.
Most of my co-workers were like minded, wanted to work, wanted to excel in their duties, all had a sense of humor, loved to laugh and make passenger feel welcomed.
Getting up at 2:30am to drive into Oakland from Dublin was the hardest part of the job.
Most enjoyable was working with my manager, who taught me a lot about managing others. – less
Human Resources HRIS / Human Resource Specialist (Former Employee), Mclean, VAFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: the pay was very generous
Cons: it was a contracting position
It was a federal contracting position where we hired Federal Air Marshals.
Productive Working Environment
Transportation Security Officer (Former Employee), VI & FLFebruary 5, 2014
TSA was an interesting experience. It call for a lot of time management, being able to work well around distractions, and most of all, great customer service.
Good learning experience as far as customer service in a fast pace environment
Transportation Security Officer (Current Employee), Queens, NYJanuary 31, 2014
Screening passengers with various means, and technology. Each day can be and is different. It is a good job that gives you a lot of great experience in customer service.
Great fast pace
Transportation Security Officer (Current Employee), Detroit, MIJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: airport discounts, but not on airline tickets
Cons: really tests your patience and longevity
its a lot of moving, keeping of your feet, making split second decisions, screening one passanger and one bag at a time not matter how busy. but its all of the greater good of safe and friendly skies
Airport Security
Employee Number (Former Employee), Boise, IDJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: meet great people, (celebraties, etc. ).
Cons: managers
I enjoyed working with TSA. I started back in 2002 when TSA was first started. I worked in three different airports and each one was different. I made some great friends and met a lot of great people. Now I need have a few people that could be rude and have no manners.
With all that is happening now, I'm glad I no longer work with TSA. I have made a – more... lot of great friends. If I could get back to doing Airport Secuiryt, I would try. They treat their people with some respect. – less
Great Atmosphere and the interaction with passengers
Screener (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: interaction with passengers and co-workers
Cons: hectic pace during certain times of the work schedule.
Screen passengers and their baggage, learned how to use x-ray machines, screen for IEDs. Management was always in reach and co-workers were a mix of young and older. Job was at times very hectic and the most enjoyable part was the interaction with people.
STATION MANAGER
Station Manager TSA Admin / Compliance Officer (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: bonus
Cons: angry customer
Started work @ 0600 would try and leave around 1500 each day if the day allowed...if not you stayed until the work was complete.

I learned that managing people is a lot like babysitting Patience is a virtue. Also that people are trained differently but as long as the end result is the same, then its ok that their way may be different than mine.

My – more... co-workers were awesome. They were eager to learn, wanted to be cross trained and always believed in the TEAM spirit. We had each other's backs. When one would get hung up on a shipment, the others would jump into assist no questions asked.

Hardest part of the job is trying to explain to your customer that it's already tomorrow in Japan...some of the customers don't realize there is a time difference

The most enjoyable part of the job is making the impossible possible. Working hard to get the job done. Cradle to grave – less
Civil service
SECURITY SCREENER (Former Employee), Great Falls, MTJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: benefits
Good benefits, important job in todays society. Job security

About TSA

The Teaching Supply Agency: Is a specialist Education recruitment Agency. We specialise in the placement of high quality education – Read more