National company headquartered in Olathe, KS with operations throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico seeks a qualified Business Analyst in the areas of Planning/Buying/ERP to join our IT Department.
- This position is responsible for establishing requirements, providing process/software solutions, maintaining documentation, and occasional training in the areas of planning (MRP), purchasing, inventory management, and other aligned areas of the business.
- The position will enter into other areas of the business/systems based upon need, so it is not strictly limited to planning/buying. There will be much opportunity for growth and diversification.
- Work directly and closely with our planner/buyer management and key users.
- Research and review existing business practices and associated processes/systems to identify areas for greater effectiveness and/or efficiency.
- Gather and document requirements in conjunction with various business functional experts and IT developers/programmers.
- Work closely with business and IT to develop new or modified processes or solutions to enhance the business or meet new business/market needs.
- Understand upstream and downstream system/process activities to ensure smooth work flow, consistency within the organization, and to avoid functional issues.
- Use basic query tools, MS Excel, and other tools to extract, analyze and report data.
- In areas of primary focus, act as a systems/processes trainer and trouble shooter.
- Develop user manuals and work instructions, and maintain updates as systems/processes evolve over time.
- Provide training in targeted areas and “train the trainer” in other areas. Create or participate in the creation of training materials.
- Validate and test new software, systems, processes, transactions, reporting, etc.
- Planning (MRP): The right candidate will have a fairly thorough understanding of a planning system (or ability toresearch/ learn quickly)
o Data inputs
o Forecasting algorithms; smoothing. trend analysis
o Hub and spoke, and other flavors of inventory deployment models.
o Stock transfer, drop ship, forward replenishment, and other inventory movement functions.
o Typical purchase order processing including various status related topics
o Purchase order sending, printing, costing, etc.
o Average cost, last-in cost, landed cost, and other costing methodologies
o Three way match process.
- Upstream and downstream activities and transactions:
o Must have a thorough understanding of the upstream transaction, data, and processes which impact the planning/purchasing functions: Sales order processing and history; Part number definition; Inventory/warehouse parameters; etc...
o Experience with sales backorders, and a variety of ways to fulfil backorders.
o Familiarity with the concept of “cross docking” whereby inventory is received and immediately shipped out to a customer.
o Must understand the basic processes of receiving, vendor invoice match, vouchering/payment, cost posting, etc.
o Detailed understanding of cycle counting, adjustments, quality control, returns, etc.
o Item master: location master: cost files; purchase order and sales order files structures; customer master; vendor master; payment terms; etc.....
o Must have experience with at least 1 integrated system whereby various inputs are used to programmatically produce MRP and purchasing outputs. Must have experience with manipulating inputs to achieve desired results.
o Reasonably skilled with MS Excel, Word, and other basic PC skills.
o Good organizational skills
o Identify situations which require project management verses task management
o Apply appropriate levels of communication to individuals or to groups as necessary
o Define, maintain, and track project plans to ensure clarity of objectives and to drive progress
o Participate in and support good project management practice even when not the formal project leader/manager.
We seek someone with a Bachelor’s degree from a four year college or university and at least 2 years of relevant experience. We will also consider someone with 3 or more years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.