TA Travel Centers Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Southern Living in the North
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, IAApril 15, 2017
I worked at least 40 hours a week while going to College, I worked as a Preparatory Cook. I would bake/cook anything needed for that specific day, I handled a lot of sharp objects, hot food, and great customers and co-workers. It is a friendly atmosphere and very accepting. The hardest part about this job was leaving it behind to relocate back to Florida. I enjoyed everything about this job, excepting dealing with the raw chicken-you have to push the liver out, other than that I loved this job. Cooking is my passion and I got to do it everyday.
Pros
$3 a day to eat food, unlimited soups and salads.
Cons
Leaving it all behind
not very productive
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Paulsboro, NJJanuary 14, 2017
this non profit org. is nothing but trying to make a profit fofr the upper echalon only they dont live up to any standard set by themselves the dont care about thier employees
Terrible place to work
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  ColoradoNovember 20, 2016
Terrible company to work for. Management is bad from the store GM's to the CEO. They don't care about their employees, loyalty means nothing to them. The benefits are a joke, pay is way under the average. All they care about is the mighty dollar. I worked for them in a lead position in bookkeeping, was never properly trained, asked for help tons of times, got nothing. Cleaned up office and accounts and was never appreciated. They did it to several employees that I knew in my years there. Worked 2 months with no days off due to no assistant to cover and was never even thanked!
Would never recommend this company to anyone. No wonder they hire Ex cons, they are the most loyal cause they have to be.
Pros
Cons
healtcare, benefits, work environment, managment
not much room for advancement
America- Cashier (Former Employee) –  Holbrook, AZJune 29, 2016
busy, learned inventory, food service, truck drivers checks cashed and used for fuel management was excellent, got along with all co-workers, hardest part of the day was having to leave for ythe day. The most enjoyable was making sure everything was done right.
Pros
had graveyard shift
Cons
if something went wrong and management was required they were not availiable
Staff at TA
Server (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMAugust 12, 2015
working with good co workers. severing costumers some were grumpy and some had smiling faces. i learned even tho some costumers were grumpy just to smile and be a good server and have a great since of humor. my co workers were good. the hardest was getting the food to the right table. the enjoyable was seeing different kinds of people.
Pros
waiting on costumers and making them happy with the service
Cons
short breaks and insurance
Unorganized
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville FLJune 23, 2015
I've developed tremendously within the company, but it is very unorganized. Management was very unethical and the co workers lacked guidance. The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to watch people develop and making customers happy.
Chance for advancement and learning, college courses paid for
Cashier/Sales Associate, Assistant Mgr (Former Employee) –  Wildwood, FLNovember 20, 2014
A typical day starts at 8:00am until 5:00pm. If you are a cashier your first duty is to wait on customers and make sure the Deli bar is well stocked. Coffee made fresh and snacks and sandwiches are available. As a cashier you have to be fast and accurate in your accounting of money and credit cards used. Cashiers should be able to handle minor problems for customers. Most of the time everyone works as a team and helps out when it gets really busy. The hardest part of the job at the end of the day is getting your cash drawer counted and balancing your paperwork. The most enjoyable part is stocking the gift shop and keeping it neat and fresh looking.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
Sometimes no breaks
Busy place to work.
Popeye's/Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee) –  Richmond vaNovember 17, 2013
Interviewing applicant, cashier, cook, train al new employees, reports and shift meetings.
Pros
Free food
Cons
had to work if any of my employees called off.
great work place
Porter/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Foristell, MOAugust 25, 2012
well to start the employees are helped each other in one way or another, if it got busy and someone was needing any help other employees wouls stop what they were doing to help others. customers were our priorty to help them find what they needed and to get them on there way. some truck drivers were a little grouchy at times but who wouldnt be after drivin long hours at a time.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
healthcare was a plus

Want to know more about TA Travel Centers?

Ask a question

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TA Travel Centers. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7