Tabitha Employee Reviews

Terrible
Home Health Aide/CNA (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEAugust 29, 2017
Terrible management, no communication, lack of training. I was never able to take time off because they were always short staffed and wouldn't ever approve my requests. Huge variation in hours. I was a full time employee and would sometimes end weeks with 25-30 hours and other weeks would be 50.
Meaningful Work
Home Health Office (Current Employee) –  LincilnJuly 3, 2017
It is important for me to have meaningful work. At Tabitha the mission is to serve elders. I get to use my talents every day and receive a lot of encouragement. Whether it is behind the scenes doing clerical work or in the community giving hands in care, our Tabitha team steps up and provides excellent care.
Pros
Encouraged to use my talents
The death panel
Nurse (Current Employee) –  adminMay 13, 2017
If a patient is on hospice they can get more money from medicare for that patient. Administration plays an active role in finding the most vulnerable patients and qualifying them for hospice. Cha-ching! financial problems solved. It's despicable.
Pros
weight loss from no break.
Cons
no breaks
Run.
Tabitha (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMay 1, 2017
This is the kind of place that does large scale surprise lay offs. I lost nearly all respect for this place after their most recent round of letting people go. We also recently had a meeting about employee satisfaction in which the department head said "everyone knows Tabitha pays less" and just shrugged his shoulders. Lower level employees are 100% expendable. "Christian compassion" is something they say, but not something they practice. What about compassion for the people who spend hours and hours here? It's really too bad, I loved this place when I started. And there are many people here who I've enjoyed working with. But after seeing more and more about how they operate, I would not recommend someone work here.
Pros
Greatly enjoyed getting to know my residents.
Cons
Lowest pay in the community. No job security.
Poor
nursing (Former Employee) –  CreteJanuary 13, 2017
Very poor management. "Who you know and who you blow" is how you fit in mentality. Staff "runs" the show, not management. Management/scheduling don't really care if you work short, but sure won't come in if you are seriously are short.
Successful and fun. Everyone is loving and works as a team
Daycare Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, NEDecember 30, 2016
Great place to work. Able to work around my school schedule and sports. Helps me learn new things. Enjoy helping other family's. Boss is understanding
Pros
Easily promoted, great benifits
This place is full of drama. Former support employee.
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEOctober 8, 2016
The hard working, honest, and caring employees get put down and discriminated against. I gave 100% of what I had to help patients everyday.
This place needs a lot of help!!!!!!!!!!!
Cons
Management treats other employees badly!!!!!!
This place needs help
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEOctober 5, 2016
Worked for this company for about 10 years. I loved the old Managment because they cared about everyone individually and not just another nurse filling in a spot. Back 5 years ago I loved working here...however with new managment setting it, you can tell the culture has changed. It's gone from a community to a money pinching machine. If it doesn't make managment money, they don't care to heard your opinion. That's why I left. it's not about the residents, it's how much the executives can walk home with at the end of the day.
Pros
Fellow Floor nurses
Cons
Executives are the worst
Management needs more experience
LPN Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJuly 18, 2016
I loved working there and would have stayed if the management that Tabitha hired was more experienced in managing a small home like environment. I felt that none of my work was appreciated and when I had suggestions, they were ignored. I also felt very bullied by the director of nursing. My co-workers had attitude at times and would not listen to authority. When it was brought to management about their behavior, management just dismissed it. I miss the residents and most co-workers very much. Leaving was devastating, but it had to be done. There was no way I could work with the management in the house. Too much bullying and backstabbing.
Pros
Residents were great and the place really felt like a home.
Cons
Management was unprofessional and uneducated.
Loved the patients
Medication Aide (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJune 30, 2016
Patients were 9 times out of 10 great and appreciative of everything we did for them. There was usually the 1 you could never do anything right for because they felt entitled.

Tabitha doesn't pay you for your experience. At one point, a medication aide with 2 years experience was making nearly 2 dollars an hour less than an Nursing Aide with no experience. When bringing this up to HR, the med aide only got let than a dollar more as a raise and decided to leave.
Pros
The patients were great
Cons
Don't pay you for your experience, pay you less than others if you come from a less paying job
Management doesn't care about you
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJune 28, 2016
I've worked there for over 2 years and never had a problem; no write ups or even a bad conversation with management. Then they forced hours down my throat as a PRN staff by signing me up for shifts and not telling me and then when I would inquire about it they would say there's a "new policy". I asked for this policy and was told "this is how it's going to be" instead of being shown a policy. They would force 40+ hour work weeks on me being a full-time student and did not care for me as a CNA. Also they promise bonuses to you and never follow through on paying them. I left and to this day they still owe, and won't pay $900 in bonuses.
Pros
Residents and floor staff are amazing!!
Cons
Managment sucks.
Tabitha set the bar high. I compare every job to Tabitha.
LPN Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMay 2, 2016
I loved working at Tabitha because of the residents, great teams of nurses, CNA's and MA's. I made some of my best friends while at Tabitha. I learned some of my most valuable nursing lessons at Tabitha. A typical work day was busy, demanding and frustrating at times, but I could always count on the people in my team around me to make it through the shift. I learned to ask for help and also to lend help to others during a difficult, stressful shift. For me the hardest part of the job was leaving. I only left due to relocating to another city. I will say that Tabitha is demanding and challenging. The rewards of my time at Tabitha mean that I will always compare every job to my job at Tabitha.
Pros
On site PA
Current employee. We are building awesome teams here at Tabitha!
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEApril 17, 2016
Great place to work. This is the best staffing ratio that I have seen in any building. Thats saying something when I am heading into 26 years as a nurse. They are putting together some great teams. Stop and check it out. Great pay.
Pros
Friendly staff. Great management.
Cons
Do not follow their own mission
Management (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEFebruary 19, 2016
Wanted to work here because of their mission and culture but found out quickly that those are just words on paper. Upper management treats people poorly. They manage through fear and intimidation. Was very disappointed with my experience and am glad to have moved on.
Pros
Caring for people
Cons
Poorly managed
Great work place
Physical Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NENovember 27, 2015
A great place to work with awesome people. Good management and great co-workers. I enjoy working with geriatric patients, help them getting better and also have lovely conversation with each of them.
Don't waste your time applying for Case manager/ Continuum navigator. They want a degree but only pay $9.20 an hour. What a Joke!.
intern (Former Employee) –  Lincoln NeJuly 1, 2015
Companies that don't pay a fair wage when requiring a bachelors degree sends up a Big red flag. It tells prospective employees that the company cares very little about their employees.
Cons
Employees don't matter.
Top heavy with middle management
Nurse (Former Employee) –  LincolnDecember 11, 2014
Love my patients and everyone in the facilities are top notched. But the middle management micro manage everything. Was told to ask for help, if I was busy but when I asked for help, I got in trouble from managers.
Pros
good coworkers, patients
Cons
middle management, no support from the top
Productive and fun workplace.
LPN TEAM LEADER/CHARGE (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEDecember 10, 2014
It is a fast paced skilled facility in several areas. Also alzheimers and long term care. It is all computerized and modern. There is just so much to monitor and do and record, it is difficult to get out on time. My co-workers are wonderful. The best teamwork around to get things done for the residents. I learned to always ask for help in difficult situations. The most difficult part of the job is getting 3-4 admissions with 2 nurses at the same time and be expected to get all treatments and regular duties done for all 22 residents. Most enjoyable part is being needed and making a difference to my patients. Seeing them smile when they see I am working.
Pros
Lots of safety equipment for staff and residents. Great Rehab dept. Very clean facility, Compassionate co-workers.
Cons
Unable to take breaks off floor, too busy at times. Leaves residents at safety risk if nurse leaves floor at night.
High turnover for a reason
LPN Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NENovember 20, 2014
While the residents of Tabitha are definitely the high point, the management really leaves a lot to be desired. They are continuously understaffed, causing employees to be overworked. Then, when the employee gets burned out from working 19 days in a row, and gets sick, they threaten to fire you.
Management of units act like they have your best interest in mind however there is a lot of petty backstabbing and immaturity there.
Pros
The residents
Cons
Under staffed, threats, intimidation, poor management
Mismanaged
CNA (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NENovember 6, 2014
Tabitha was a very mis-managed and clique-ish place to work. Those who were not female and native born to Nebraska just didnt fit in.
Pros
PRN staff could pick up bonus shifts
Cons
Full time staff could not pick up bonus shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tabitha. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9