Tableau Employee Reviews

Productive and great place for work
Customer Service Triage Representative (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 26, 2017
Great place and great people for work.Very responsive management stuff and availability to combine life and work. I would recommend this place for my friends.
Not a great place to work. Favoritism and lack of great management exceeds.
Waiter/Server (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 14, 2017
Worst place to work. Poor management, too much favoritism and not fair with their employees. You are just a number at Tableau. If I had to recommend this place to anyone, I wouldn't.
Pros
Cons
Poor management
Tableau Developer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 14, 2017
Fun place to work with lots of great benefits - almost 4 weeks vacation, lots of paid holidays, fun vendor events, perks and friday fun events.

Not a great place for IT career.
great people
Enterprise Sales Area Manager - Strategic (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 14, 2017
Tableau has an awesome ability to attract unbelievable talent with extremely fun personalities. This team is one that i would easily love to work with again.
Depends on the role
Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasJune 12, 2017
Tableau has the best culture and community of any software vendor in the market. The expectation is you still work like Tableau is a start up and success is dependent on your territory or specific role.
Core values rarely upheld by leadership
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 3, 2017
The core values of Tableau were part of what drew me to this company. They seemed genuine and willing to put the time into cultivating great employees. Soon however it was very clear that these were just words on paper to many people in leadership roles. You were clocked and treated as hourly employees even if you were of a salary position. Never in my years at any other company was I treated as if I were not an adult that could manage my time and workload accordingly. Many times I was told by leadership that my opinion did not matter because I was not a manager, which was clearly indicated at review time when there were no peer reviews done or manager feedback (these were both leadership discretionary calls how convenient.). I truly cared about my team and the people I worked with but leadership (of atleast my org) had no business having direct reports and no amount of free food can change that.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
core values not upheld, work home life balance poor, pay poor, "we've always done it this way mentality", no career development just to name a few
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 26, 2017
Tableau was a great place to work! I enjoyed every minute learning new skills and about my colleagues. The work could be intense but we had sales goals to energize us. Management was very supportive and was always around to help.
Pros
Stocked kitchen and catered lunches.
Cons
EOQ or End of Quarter could be a stressful time.
Great culture but lacks proper technical training
Partner (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 13, 2017
Great people, great product, snacks, drinks usually available. I have really enjoyed working here until the demands to meet metrics became the main focus of the job. They are not replacing people that have left quick enough so the workload is high.
Pros
Free snacks food and drinks, great benefits and people are great. Can be fun at times.
Cons
Pay is below average
tableau
Director (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 20, 2017
the company is very young and with that you have very immature process. They have some old leadership in place that needs to be replaced as they are literally keeping things stuck as is and value the 'legacy' more than the need to advance and make the changes - specifically in the Operations umbrella. Started as a great, young, fun company of culture but is now past that and hasn't been able to stay with the need of the employees/business and space they want to be in.
Not worth the culture
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 2, 2017
While the Tableau culture overall, is great, the leading line from HR is always "we want people who want to work here" it typically means all departments with the exception of Dev, get paid about 25-50% less than the market.
Product Consultant
Product Consultant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 30, 2017
Working for Tableau Software was a great experience. I worked there at a time when the company was in the process of going public and it was growing rapidly. The pay wasn't great, but the people were amazing to work with.
Pros
Great work/life balance. Great management.
Cons
the pay was at the low end of the market.
Forward thinking, data driven, and promotes healthy work-life balance
Tableau Server Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 29, 2017
Tableau is forward thinking, data driven, and promotes a healthy work-life balance. Tableau strongly believes & lives its mission of providing people with the tools to see and understand their data.
Great culture and dynamic people
Quality Assurance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Fremont, WAMarch 14, 2017
Tableau is one of the most vibrant places with so many talented professionals. There is amazing work/ life balance, supporting management and no politics. Work is challenging but rewarding when you see the impact it has on the customers
Fast paced, transactional sales company with free food
Sales Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 16, 2016
Tableau Software commercial sales quotas are based on license, professional services, and training sales. A typical day is 10 hours with morning and/or evening company meetings. Each Tableau office has a kitchen filled with free food for employees.

The hardest part of the sales job is making quota for licenses, services, and training.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the many fun activities that happen outside of work hours.
Pros
Free food, great benefits
Cons
High sales quotas, similar to Wells Fargo Banking
Love the software and coworkers but not worth it
Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 27, 2016
Software - amazing
Coworkers - for most part awesome, incredibly intelligent and hard working, LOTS of millennials - you will feel OLD if you are over 30
Management - mine was not awesome. Great person in general but the lack of support was disturbing. Lots of words with no actions.
Hardest part of job - knowing what the company could be and should be and then watching as it implodes. I don't need a fully stocked kitchen - I need to pay my bills.
Pros
great software, highly intelligent people
Cons
LOW salary, poor management, not enough resources, internal business structure has no way of supporting growth, "perks" are not really perks
Crazy mid management
full budget management (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 23, 2016
Management is awful. They constantly fight and backstab each other. There is no direction. Processes are non existant.
Pros
free meals
Cons
no processes, managers who just throw words around, constantly changing in the middle of projects
Tableau Review
Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 6, 2016
Decent place to work, promotes employee friendly environment. Pay not greatest but not a lot is asked of you so that is nice.
Intern
Informatics Intern (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 3, 2015
This was a great experience. I got to work with a small team of in an agile fashion. This company gave me opportunities to get real hands on experience with the product.
Great culture
SUMMER INTERN (Former Employee) –  SeattleAugust 8, 2015
Tableau is a company of smart people and good work life balance. It has amazing work culture. Great ideads.Startup feel.
Pros
Work culture
Benefits
Work hard and play hard with the executives by your side
Technical Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 29, 2013
Tableau is a perfect benchmark of solid core values, free and open culture, and how a solid foundation built by influential founders can improve every work a better place. A typical day [as a consultant] involves helping existing customers get the most out of the product and assisting with any expedited or advanced learning they may need. When a break is needed, they host a break room stocked with snacks both healthy and unhealthy as well as filtered water and different variations of other flavored drinks. Everyday involves learning something new whether its keeping up with new updates and helping with beta products, assisting with another department, or assisting in the deployment of a server or desktop product. Within my experience in Tableau, I have gained an abundance of technical as well as business skills that will be useful for years to come.
Pros
free food, ping pong table, great view from office, training devoted to Tableau skills as well as public speaking, etc.
Cons
Management can be hit or miss

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tableau. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8