Tacala Employee Reviews

Tacala is amazing!!
Taco Bell Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ringgold, GAAugust 23, 2017
Everyone treats you like family, very laid back as long as you do your job, managers and Area/Market coaches actually care about you and your family. Overall my favorite company I’ve worked for
Pros
Great atmosphere and amazing people
Cons
Insurance isn’t the best for crew members
Fun place to work at
Taco Bell Team Member (Current Employee) –  Taylor, TXAugust 17, 2017
Easy place to work at. Small menu so there aren't many things to memorize. You just have to be willing to work and wear a smile. You also have to be willing to push yourself to work in a fast pace environment. It's honestly a great place to work at especially if you've never worked anywhere else. I totally recommend it.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Not many hours
My experience
Taco Bell Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tiftonia, TNJuly 5, 2017
I loved working for Tacala. One of the best jobs I have had so far. Great environment and people. Very fast pace but if you can keep up it was fun. I wouldn't mind working there again.
Pros
Cinnibuns
Cons
Fastfood
Enjoyed my time there.
Taco Bell Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Pounding Mill, VAMay 28, 2017
I enjoyed my time working with Tacala. It wasn't the best nor the worst of my experience in working in the food industry. Recipes are what they should be, and that is paramount. My store manager wasn't the greatest, but he was at least an understanding one, with good experience. He was just prone to getting pulled into the silly store drama, and therefore was failing as a leader.
Pros
Exoerience in fast paced food
Cons
Encompassing if you're not careful
Tacala is a terrible company.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, AL areaMay 22, 2017
Tacala was a good company at first. However became terrible quickly. My area coach Adam made the job horrible. It is perfectly acceptable for him to scream and cuss at employees, make threats on a daily basis and to call other employees and gossip about you. Maybe the other markets are good with this company but the Huntsville market is trash all due to him. He is very unprofessional and should not even have a job.
Pros
None really
Cons
Poor management
Never enough hours available for a full staff
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNApril 7, 2017
Just updated the bonus system and it's awful. Normal shift managers used to get around $250 for a good month of service and sales, now we are lucky to get $50 for the same amount of dedication and hard work. There are never enough hours available to have more than a skeleton staff (2 service champions and 2 food champions, including the manager). The work itself is very enjoyable, but with a limited staff and not very good bonuses the output of everyone has diminished quickly.
Pros
Up to $5 free lunch
Cons
Short breaks, small staff
Strict but fun
Team Member Trainer (Former Employee) –  Middlesboro, KYFebruary 12, 2017
Very busy and high paced with very strict time limit specifications for getting food out to the customer no matter what they order .
Pros
free lunch when you work, discount on days you don't
Cons
very high paced with almost impossible at times time limits
Very productive work environment
Taco Bell Cashier (Current Employee) –  Clanton, ALOctober 5, 2016
Working at Taco Bell, I stay on my feet 24/7. The work environment is great, very nice coworkers, and such a clean and sanitary place.
Pros
Half off on food when on the clock
Cons
Short breaks
Efficient workplace, but with little regard for employee wellbeing.
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GASeptember 6, 2016
A typical day at work were long hours for very little pay, and while they do typically advance skilled workers quickly and recognize hard work, promotions within the company come with very small raises and a much larger work load. The sick policy was often not followed and people were punished for following said policy. This job taught me a lot because I worked and lead some of the best and hardest workers I have ever met and worked harder than any job I have held and no one was rewarded as such. Hardest part of the job was watching employees work 40 hour weeks still walk home or have to call cabs to get home and the most enjoyable part was interacting with customers.
Pros
Customer Service, Cowrorkers
Cons
Underpaid, Often Hot Work Conditions
Its a speedy work environment with lots of communication
Shift leader/manager (Current Employee) –  Madisonville, TNSeptember 3, 2016
Ive been working in costumer service for over 8 years. I really enjoy working with the public. I am just needing to move on to a better paying job to better benefit my family needs.
Horrible!!!
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 6, 2016
Man taco bell is a horrible place to work. They cut your hrs in the summer. Team members get treated like nothing. The shift managers get more benefits and the team members do the most work. My rgm was hiring people who was kin to her and thats against the law. I worked there three years. I just quit because my rgm wouldn't transfer me
Pros
Free food if you make it
Cons
Horrible management
Haven't even started yet????
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMay 23, 2016
I was hired 3 weeks ago and I have yet to start training I had to contact them with 2 days left until my "training should start" to find out where and when I needed to be there. I was told I was being hired for store manager and now they are starting me out at shift manager. very unprofessional. this only make me wonder on how this is really going to work out.
Pros
benefits are good
Cons
unprofessional managment
Horrible Staffing and management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 16, 2016
I loved the job itself but it was very poorly managed. The General Manager was never there and the store would be short staffed nearly every shift causing the store to close down early. The staff would stand around and not want to do anything.
Pros
Love taco bell
Cons
Management, Staff, Cleanliness
Great advancement
RGM (Current Employee) –  TXMay 14, 2016
The hardest part about the job is balancing work and your own life.
I learned how to run a store and help my team grow.Great team and want you to succeed.
Perfect job for getting on your feet!
Team Member Trainer (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXDecember 16, 2015
Here they really care about the customers, but not only that as a new Team Member you get two weeks of proper training through learning zone and the store you work at. Here I learned how to be more social, and was able to befriend most of my coworkers. The unfortunate ones I still was able to work with, without having issues. The managers usually keep to what your schedule is, they are very flexible. My team was always changing but the every one of the members will be ones I cherish for my entire life. The hardest part of the job was the Time. Keeping up with the lunch time was hard. Because instead of 75-75 it was 50-50, which stressed a lot of members out. Though we had to keep times, we always had fun. My favorite shift will always be the closing shift. I have never laughed so hard in my life. Once the lobby closes, there is not much to do but clean and tend to an order every hour or so. I really loved working here and its sad that I am leaving.
Pros
Good teams, half off or free food, good managers.
Cons
Complicated customers, time too low, all about time.
Terrible
GM Training Program (Former Employee) –  TnNovember 19, 2015
If you like putting garbage in a bag and handing it out a window, this is your dream job.
Awful Hours, pay, and people.
Nobody cares about quality, only speed.
Closing shift is 2 people cleaning the whole store and leaving around 5 am.
Pros
quitting
Cons
falling for the lies they tell you so you'll sign on.
Productive perfect to gain experience
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 8, 2015
Awesome to gain work and management experience.. I wouldn't suggest for you to work here if you have smaller children, because in management you may lose out on some time with them, but oher than that it is a nice place to work.
General Managers not trained properly
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 7, 2015
The company doesn't know how to treat employees or how to properly pay employees for their work or their experience. Want to offer on 10% increase in pay to become a manager. management shortcuts inventory employees and labor just to make bonus. they do not follow training standards for new employees and train all new employees wrong and then get on to the new employees for their training. they are not properly trained and do not do truck orders to sustain the business til the next truck arrives leaving employees always having to go on a hunt for the inventory they need to make orders for their customers.
Pros
Cons
gms are only worried about their bonus instead of their employees
Great Com[any
Executive Consrtuction Management (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 3, 2015
Awesome team with the heart of a lion, productive, caring, with the long term goals and the associated hard work involved to create the success platform needed in the area of expansion
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
productive and clean job
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Waco,TXJuly 27, 2015
Go in to work and make food for customers or ill be on window number 1 taking cutomers orders . I learned how to work a cash register, and how to prepare the food and also how to not be emberrased to speek to customers. My co-workers where nice and taught me everything I learned at Taco Bell, They made me part of their family. There was not a hard part at my job, only when I started working at Taco Bell Because I did not know how to handle anything. The Most enjoyable part was when we would make funny jokes about each other.
Pros
good, nice co-workers
Cons
no good pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tacala. Our community is ready to answer.