Taco Bell
3,197 reviews

Taco Bell Employer Reviews

wonderful
Cashier (Former Employee), Ewing, NJApril 19, 2014
I really enjoyed see the customers smile after receiving their food.
Great job to show case a sense of urgercy and multitasking abilities
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 18, 2014
Pros: fun and exiting
Cons: unstable schedule; high team memeber turnaround
This job is like a sport and ones store is the team. Everyday one has the ability to make team members workday enjoyable, and productive. The goal is to have them leave with a sense of accomplishment in order to attain maximum productivity.
its ok
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Christiansburg, VAApril 18, 2014
it got me through my schooling and helped pay bills district manager was a nightmare....
It could have been better.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Carpentersville, ILApril 18, 2014
The hours they gave was sparse yet every other day there was somebody calling off and they would never call me in. When I asked about becoming a manager they gave me the brush off yet allowed a young, lazy, unaccountable man become manager. They general manager and supervisor are sexist against woman.
Very Productive
Food Champion Server (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALApril 18, 2014
Typical day consist of hard working, cleaning, preparing food and making sure the customers were very happy with their food and service.
Wasn't a good place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Walled Lake, MIApril 18, 2014
Customers were rude, crew was rude, no one tried to help whenever you were busy. It was just terrible
Productive and organized organization
Customer Service (Former Employee), pasco washingtonApril 18, 2014
Produce quality work, check for neatness and speck, ship away product
Unproductive and chaotic
Cashier (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 17, 2014
Pros: free lunch sometimes, good employees, some good days
Cons: rude customers, bad area, stressful manager
A typical day at Taco Bell is chaotic and busy. Everyone isn't equipped for that atmosphere and the general manager is friendly but gossips about everyones personal business.
Customer oriented environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Portland, ORApril 17, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: staying late and cleaning
A typical day at work would be starting off at he front of the lobby taking orders from customers and depending on the how busy we are, I would either transition to drive thru or be in the back prepping food. The management was pretty laid back, the co-workers and mangers were all on friendly terms. The hardest part of the job, was staying up till 2am – more... cleaning and putting things back in order. Most enjoyable part would be my co-workers and meeting interesting people. – less
ok work environment
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Forest Park, GAApril 17, 2014
long work days. management sucks. did not learned anything. low pay and no benefits.
Cashier/ Cook (Former Employee), Hampton, VAApril 17, 2014
Provided customer service and prepped and cook fresh food when the customer requested.
A Learning Experience
Team Member (Former Employee), Clarks Summit, PAApril 17, 2014
Pros: learning experience, able to adapt to highly fast paced environment
Cons: short breaks, low pay for quality of work, corporate hour cuts, unorganized, mediocre at best work environment
Working at Taco Bell was my first job, so I did not have high expectations. It seemed simple enough, my duties were just like any fast food restaurant. It consisted of cashier responsibilities, drive thru work, making the food, keeping the environment clean, greeting customers, etc. The problem was we were extremely understaffed and even though the – more... employees could work more to help, corporate would cut the stores hours because the employees had worked too many. Eventually people were even cut down to not even 20 hours a week because of this. Not only that but because Taco Bell is such a popular chain it is always busy. This and staff shortage is a horrible combination. Almost every single shift I had to work drive thru I did it alone when it is usually a two person job, one takes the orders while the other handles cash and gives out the order. My coworkers did not get it easy either, especially the ones who made the food. The company emphasizes on making the quality food, which is obviously the most important part. However, it's not easy to make quality food when one person is making a meal for a family of five and the line of cars goes outside the parking lot. The pay was not worth it, and Team Leaders who had been there two or three years longer than I was got the exact same pay as I did. Many, if not all, of my coworkers had the exact same rate of pay as their starting pay which was $8 an hour. Another thing that bothered me was the schedule. In this modern day and age, schedule is much more efficient and convenient with the use of internet sites, mobile apps, etc. The Taco Bell store had the schedule on a board. In order to input change of hours, days off, or anything involving the schedule you would talk to a manager. HOWEVER most cases the manager was not available so you write your request on a sheet of paper and put it in the office. By far that is one of the most ineffective ways to do schedules and it's extremely difficult to communicate with one another about the schedule. The only thing I enjoyed about the job was the very rare friendly person. Aside from that, it was not enjoyable. The company policy only allows a small dollar amount of free food. This is understandable if an employee works maybe 4 hours that day, but after an 8 hour shift or so the small amount doesn't seem very sufficient. The work environment was also very annoying to be around. I'm not sure how other Taco Bell stores are, but in my experience a lot of the managers just wanted to bicker at each other. Maybe two of the managers did not care and were there to work, not get involved with conflict. – less
it was ok sometimes
Cashier (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 17, 2014
Pros: liked my everyday manager
Cons: horrible owner
higher up management wasnt great hard to move up. customers are extremely hard to deal with
Steady job, Great work enviornment
Crew Memeber (Former Employee), Akron, OHApril 17, 2014
Pros: brakes whenever we weren't busy, half price on food
Cons: not much benefits, bad location
Typical day at work would of been showing up early so i could make sure my lobby was clean and ready for my shift. Getting food prep done. Making sure dishes were done. and making tacos.
I learned a lot about VOC and customer service,Also i learned the basics of the working life. Management was amazing always was able to pick up extra hours and had – more... a great boss who would help me through anything.
My Co-Workers were a little young and wound up but it was a college area so it was reasonable. They did have great customer service though taught me a lot.
Hardest part of my job was dealing with drunk college kids.
The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to interact a lot with people my age . – less
Overall unplesant work environment
Shift Manager (Former Employee), FairhavenApril 17, 2014
Pros: free food every once in a while
Cons: negative work environment
Management is unprofessional at best and the reason I quit.

Co-workers lack motivation, and are normally disrespectful, lazy, and cut corners. This building is honestly a health hazard.

Hardest part of the job was staying there. The most enjoyable part was leaving.
Easy work, unprofessional managers
Crew Member (Former Employee), Muskogee, OKApril 17, 2014
The work place was full of inappropriateness, and all the managers were very unprofessional.

The work itself was enjoying and easy to learn, when willing to train advancing was an easy thing to do.

Co-workers were always late, disobeying rules, and company policies; little to no action was taken when things were out of line so bad behavior continued.
What I've Learned
Crew (Current Employee), Aberdeen,MDApril 17, 2014
I learned to stay strong through anything, I learned how to do so many things. ( i enjoy learning alot).
anything is better than nothing
Cashier (Former Employee), Houma, LAApril 17, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: attitudes
A day at work included me taking orders and being friendly to new faces everyday.
Bad company to work for
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 17, 2014
horrible management, doesnt help out employes. The place was very busy and almost always short staffed.
The worst job anybody can ever have
Market Training Manager/Restaurant General Manager (Former Employee), Dothan, ALApril 16, 2014
Cons: no raises, no help, no life
I worked for this company for 6 years. Here's what it was like to work there. No time for a personal life, under constant threat of being fired, upper management and owner always looking to blame everything on you, no help in creating a good crew, no raises, always had broken equipment, the job was made so hard to do that a person wouldn't want to do – more... it.

I finally quit due to the fact that there was such a great lack of professionalism, and the fact that they were going to keep working me like a slave and treating me like one. I would never, never, never, recommend anyone work or eat there. It's terrible on all accounts. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Taco Bell

Taco Bell Corp., a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc., (NYSE: YUM), is based in Irvine, California and is the nation's leading Mexican-style – Read more