Taco Bell Employee Reviews in United States

Found 7,699 reviews matching the search
Great experice for a first job.
Cashier/Customer Service/Cook/Manager in training (Former Employee) –  Eaton, COMarch 18, 2016
Throughout my employment I leaned how to be dependable and flexible. I started off working the morning shifts as a front cashier but quickly advanced over to drive through. I really enjoyed my morning crew simply because my co-workers were professionals and hard workers. After a few months I was transferred to the night shift. I liked my night crew but soon came to realize that most of my co-workers were not as caring or responsible as my morning crew. My managers were always great at handling their crews. For the first three months I was a cashier but soon advanced to being on the line. before I left my job I was being trained to be a crew manager but I soon deiced that I wanted to find another job to further my experience in the job force.
Pros
good leaders, great managment
Cons
no benifits, small raise
Great environment with a positive attitude
Shift Lead-in-training (Current Employee) –  Missoula, MTMarch 10, 2016
Co-workers are fun to work with and focused, the management is helpful and considerate, and every day brings something new. The most enjoyable part of working for this company is their unwavering desire to help the employees succeed in any way they possibly can. The benefits are some of the best I have ever seen and been apart of. They also offer scholarships and assistance for further education, as well as hold classes for those going into higher management that focus on improving their present skills as well as teach new skills that can even be used in everyday life outside of work. Sometimes the work can get in the way of personal life due to the fluctuating hours, and breaks are not mandatory.
Pros
Free food, constant opportunities for advancement, healthcare benefits (including dental and vision), 401K that the company matches to a point
Cons
Breaks not mandatory, no guarantee for more than 30 hours a week if full-time, upper advancement typically requires relocation
Productive workplace
Service Champion (Former Employee) –  Branford, CTMarch 15, 2016
A typical day at work would start off with me cleaning then dropping food in hot water to warm up. After that, I would be placed in drive thru or front cash to work my shift. As a cashier, I would constantly have to clean around and make sure the sauces were stocked and the line cooks had everything they needed. The hardest part of my job was trying to make sure everything was stocked and the line cooks had everything they needed while trying to make sure my time in drive thru was on green. There were times that I felt I was running the shift which wasn't my place but there should always be someone who takes initiative to make sure the store is going well.
Pros
Shift hours, free lunches.
Cons
No health care benefits nor union.
Fun place to work, terrible management
Cashier/etc (Former Employee) –  Hammonton, NJJanuary 6, 2016
Taco Bell was a fun, relatively easy place to work... at first. However, the management was noticably awful from Day 1. My interviewer was very unprofessional and actually told me that he didn't know what he was doing. When I started working, I excelled above many of my coworkers. I tried to learn everything I could and strived to make each customer happy and satisfied. However, the scheduling was quite corrupt. If you asked to have a certain day off, you were never scheduled for that day again. The more days you needed off, the less days you worked, until you were eventually scheduled for no days at all... a quiet firing. They did this to many, and made no contact with me after this happened (Joke's on them, I kept my uniform).
Pros
Discounted food (at first), fun atmosphere, easy
Cons
Terrible management, no benefits or awards, hires pretty much anyone with a heartbeat
Great environment with lots a great memories
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 8, 2016
I started out working at taco bell as a team member. Within 6 months of hard work and dedication i received a promotion to Assistant Manager and got a bonus plus a raise. The work environment was great and everyone who works there are all friendly. Most of the staff was around my age, 20 or so, and we all got along great which made the business run great. I enjoyed working as an assistant manager because one day I want to become a Manager of an organization. Hardest part of the job was learning to serve tons of customers, I'm talking about huge lines at lunch time.
Pros
Fun work, Great management
Company Needs Improvement
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 8, 2016
Taco Bell is a good place to work and a great place to provide exceptional customer service. If you like challenges this company is for you. Every day there is a different goal to meet and each time, challenging. However, I feel that one has to be there 24/7. I found myself spending less time with my family and more time at work. Recognition is also an issue. Company recognition for the different restaurants is awesome, but what happens with those individuals who make it happen (employees, shift leads). Sometimes a good employee or shift lead is not recognized as they should be. Also, no benefits are provided considering how hard most employees work and the little compensation.
Great learning environment, but not enough compensation
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILJanuary 2, 2016
A lot of the coworkers were very unreliable, so sometimes it was very difficult to request a day off. The lack of workers made it very hard for people to train in different stations so if you were a cashier, you were stuck being a cashier for a long time. Also, the pay was minimum wage, with no raise until you became a manager. The hardest part of the job was trying to cover multiple positions during your shift if one of the workers called off. However, the people who worked there were really nice and helpful. Sometimes it was stressful because of angry and rude customers but we usually tried to just ignore it provide friendly service.
Pros
Meal discounts
Cons
No raises, low wage
Fun place to work
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Covina, CAJanuary 20, 2016
A typical day included seeing regular and new customers. Providing a welcoming attitude and following all procedures to complete every order. I would deal with upset customers and make it right. I learned how to run a shift alone, coach my team, and prepare for a day or night of sales. My management was great. I loved the people I worked with. The hardest part of the job was when I moved away over 54 miles it made the drive to work very long. My most enjoyable part of the job was seeing happy customers.
Pros
Free lunch, Location
Cons
No raises
Great College job
Maintenance/ custodial (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 18, 2016
While managing and cleaning the facilities is not an awe inspiring job it does provide some unconventional benefits.
You will learn how to be a leader and how to self start. You should work by the motto "if you see a problem, fix it" You must be willing to work alone most of the time as well as work strange hours.
You absolutely must have a positive outlook. This job is low paying and you will receive little thanks from others.
Some unconventional perks however include working concerts and other events which you will get to hear/ watch for free in between working. You also have the possibility to meet or see celebrities while at work.
The most enjoyable and surprising event that I took part in was getting to meet Michael Bubble as well as learning a bit about him as a person through the concert staff that worked with him!
Pros
Will work with school schedule!
Cons
Lack of respect given from multiple people
Stepping Stone
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCFebruary 25, 2016
Unless you are in a corporate or upper management position, pay and benefits are very low. It is very hard to move up within the company, long hours, high stress environment, and uncomfortable work conditions for little pay. With the long business hours, there is flexible scheduling from early morning to late night shifts.
Pros
discount food
Cons
short or breaks, pay
It's ight
Cashier (Current Employee) –  DeLand, FLFebruary 22, 2016
Love most of my managers. One I can't stand because she is always yelling. They will take care of you if someone starts yelling at you in drive thru. It's easy to learn but you don't get raises or moving up in the company. Your crew is your best friends they are like family.
Pros
Half off lunches but cool manages let you eat free, love the crew
Cons
Health care sucks, people are rude, one manager will yell at you for nothing
Starter Job
SHIFT LEAD (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAFebruary 1, 2016
Taco Bell provided me with entry into understanding customer service and the food industry on the most basic of levels. Here I learned that I was good at customer service, even in a place that did not foster it. Unfortunately, this position id easy to grow out of as there is not much room for growth. Also, management and the work environment were inconsistently supportive.
Pros
Good Starter Job
Cons
Poor Compensation, Management, and Work Environment
Decent
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMarch 23, 2016
Nothing special.
I did drive thru first.
Took orders
Front cash
Then Stuff
Steam
Open the store, close the store. Ran the store with just one other person a few times.
Pros
I worked with cool people, got many hours, got a raise.
Cons
Not all that exciting, customers are not right.
great place to work
Team Trainer (Former Employee) –  Middle River, MDFebruary 25, 2016
easy going, fast paced
friendly staff/customers
very organzied work place, very clean!!
energized staff
management/coworkers always focused on goals
gives great benefits to emplyees
every employee was treated fairly
thanked for great customer service by customers
customers gave great reviews everyday!
Busy and fun workplace
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Center, MNJanuary 5, 2016
A typical day at work depends on the position I am in. It can consist of taking orders in drive-thru or front counter, preparing food items, making food for preparation, coaching co-workers, and making sure we are hitting our goals for the day. What makes the job fun is the co-workers and their level of energy and positive attitude. The hardest part of the job for me as a manager would be having to multitask to perfection. I have learned on this job how to prioritize and analytical thinking skills.
Pros
Exciting workplace
Cons
no benefits
Providing good customer food service
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX 75254March 1, 2016
1. Always busy, especially weekends
2. How to treat a customer and help them
3. Management, Could be a little better
4. Co-workers, they are all different
5. Hardest part, satisfying all customers
6. Enjoyable, being able to meet many people on drive thru
Cons
No breaks, Low salary
Good first job
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Massillon, OHNovember 1, 2015
Good first job. Great opportunities for advancement. Flexible schedule. Management is unbalanced in most stores. Certain employees are only held accountable for policies if management dislikes them. Low starting wages and low annual raises. Corporate lowered monthly bonuses by 75% for Shift Leaders. Assistant Management position was recently considered being depleted all together. Holiday schedule is never rotated so same people end up working none or all holidays every year. Benefits are minimum. Offer scholarships for college students as well as GED programs for homeschool or "drop out" employees.

Customers are generally the root cause for bad attitudes or lousy work environment. Night shift is always understaffed and the customers are always rude but closers make the shift fun.

Advancing past Shift Leader offers better benefits and pay, however, training for management is generally slow to take place or never fully completed.
Pros
Free food. Flexible schedule. Education assistance.
Cons
Low pay. Management.
Worst working experience Ive had
Cook (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COFebruary 4, 2016
This job is absolutely terrible. Long hours at minimum wage with extremely rude and demanding customers along with incompetent management and team. The managers make empty promises of advancement/promotion and never follow through. They expect one person to do the job of four, and even if you manage to do this there is NO recognition/reward for your duties. Managers are lazy and sloppy and do not care about there team/sales at all. This was without a doubt the worst working experience I've had, and the most disgusting, unpleasant, all around rude and ignorant people I've ever had the displeasure of working with.
Cons
Management, Team, customers, working environmnet
Busy and fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTOctober 15, 2015
A typical day at work would start out on counting your drawer to make sure you have the correct money to start out with. Taking customer's orders and making sure the sandwich makers get the order that's in the bag right. Cleaning my station when not busy and making sure everything is stock for the next rush or shift. I've learned to be very careful with counting money and to make sure you double count it. The co-workers there were respectful , enthused and most of all positive. The hardest part of that job i would say would be being the only one in 3 registers while everyone else was making food or not there. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the crew laughing while working such as clean ups and closings.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Food wasn't free, no raises
exciting work place
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCMarch 9, 2016
a typical work day would consist of finding a balance between catering to customer needs and keeping the restaurant up to guest expatiation at the same time . required alot of maintenance and attention to small details.
Pros
half off lunch
Cons
short breaks, no benefits

2.9