Taco Bell Employee Reviews

Found 8,117 reviews matching the search
Great environment with a positive attitude
Shift Lead-in-training (Current Employee) –  Missoula, MTMarch 10, 2016
Co-workers are fun to work with and focused, the management is helpful and considerate, and every day brings something new. The most enjoyable part of working for this company is their unwavering desire to help the employees succeed in any way they possibly can. The benefits are some of the best I have ever seen and been apart of. They also offer scholarships and assistance for further education, as well as hold classes for those going into higher management that focus on improving their present skills as well as teach new skills that can even be used in everyday life outside of work. Sometimes the work can get in the way of personal life due to the fluctuating hours, and breaks are not mandatory.
Pros
Free food, constant opportunities for advancement, healthcare benefits (including dental and vision), 401K that the company matches to a point
Cons
Breaks not mandatory, no guarantee for more than 30 hours a week if full-time, upper advancement typically requires relocation
Worst working experience Ive had
Cook (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COFebruary 4, 2016
This job is absolutely terrible. Long hours at minimum wage with extremely rude and demanding customers along with incompetent management and team. The managers make empty promises of advancement/promotion and never follow through. They expect one person to do the job of four, and even if you manage to do this there is NO recognition/reward for your duties. Managers are lazy and sloppy and do not care about there team/sales at all. This was without a doubt the worst working experience I've had, and the most disgusting, unpleasant, all around rude and ignorant people I've ever had the displeasure of working with.
Cons
Management, Team, customers, working environmnet
Great experice for a first job.
Cashier/Customer Service/Cook/Manager in training (Former Employee) –  Eaton, COMarch 18, 2016
Throughout my employment I leaned how to be dependable and flexible. I started off working the morning shifts as a front cashier but quickly advanced over to drive through. I really enjoyed my morning crew simply because my co-workers were professionals and hard workers. After a few months I was transferred to the night shift. I liked my night crew but soon came to realize that most of my co-workers were not as caring or responsible as my morning crew. My managers were always great at handling their crews. For the first three months I was a cashier but soon advanced to being on the line. before I left my job I was being trained to be a crew manager but I soon deiced that I wanted to find another job to further my experience in the job force.
Pros
good leaders, great managment
Cons
no benifits, small raise
Great environment with lots a great memories
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 8, 2016
I started out working at taco bell as a team member. Within 6 months of hard work and dedication i received a promotion to Assistant Manager and got a bonus plus a raise. The work environment was great and everyone who works there are all friendly. Most of the staff was around my age, 20 or so, and we all got along great which made the business run great. I enjoyed working as an assistant manager because one day I want to become a Manager of an organization. Hardest part of the job was learning to serve tons of customers, I'm talking about huge lines at lunch time.
Pros
Fun work, Great management
Fun place to work
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Covina, CAJanuary 20, 2016
A typical day included seeing regular and new customers. Providing a welcoming attitude and following all procedures to complete every order. I would deal with upset customers and make it right. I learned how to run a shift alone, coach my team, and prepare for a day or night of sales. My management was great. I loved the people I worked with. The hardest part of the job was when I moved away over 54 miles it made the drive to work very long. My most enjoyable part of the job was seeing happy customers.
Pros
Free lunch, Location
Cons
No raises
Taco Bell can be a fun admosphere to work in.
Customer service, Shift leader (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 25, 2016
A typical day at typical Taco Bell is very busy. I have learned a lot about people's cultures and the diversity of the world. It is an awesome thing when u move up to management. My co-workers are funny and hard-working.The hardest part about the job is telling people no. but I have learned to stand firm and to make the right decisions. My most enjoyable part of the job is making the customers happy. When they smile and say they will be back I know I have done my job.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no breaks
Stepping Stone
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCFebruary 25, 2016
Unless you are in a corporate or upper management position, pay and benefits are very low. It is very hard to move up within the company, long hours, high stress environment, and uncomfortable work conditions for little pay. With the long business hours, there is flexible scheduling from early morning to late night shifts.
Pros
discount food
Cons
short or breaks, pay
Not a place I would want to work again.
Team Trainer (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAFebruary 29, 2016
Working here wasn't exactly my dream job, but it was a temporary solution. I mostly worked with a much younger crowd, which provided a fun work environment, but also brought a lot of drama. After being promised a promotion to management time and time again, I finally began my search for a new job where I could grow within the company. A typical day for me, would be taking orders in the drive thru, preparing food on the food line, or training new employees. The hardest part about this job, was listening to all the drama that unfolded there.
Decent place
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAFebruary 5, 2016
Typical day included preparing food for guests, and cleaning during down time. You learned the basics of how to perform a job, and nothing really else. You could advance to management at some time if you really wanted to. Co-workers were hit and miss, as they usually just hire anyone. Nothing too hard about the job skill wise, scheduling wise; they expected blood, sweat, and tears. The most enjoyable part was the awesome people you had the chance of working with, and some of the guest interactions.
Pros
Free food, Guranteed hours, 1 week paid vacation yearly
Cons
Management, No advancement, No healthcare
Fun place to work, terrible management
Cashier/etc (Former Employee) –  Hammonton, NJJanuary 6, 2016
Taco Bell was a fun, relatively easy place to work... at first. However, the management was noticably awful from Day 1. My interviewer was very unprofessional and actually told me that he didn't know what he was doing. When I started working, I excelled above many of my coworkers. I tried to learn everything I could and strived to make each customer happy and satisfied. However, the scheduling was quite corrupt. If you asked to have a certain day off, you were never scheduled for that day again. The more days you needed off, the less days you worked, until you were eventually scheduled for no days at all... a quiet firing. They did this to many, and made no contact with me after this happened (Joke's on them, I kept my uniform).
Pros
Discounted food (at first), fun atmosphere, easy
Cons
Terrible management, no benefits or awards, hires pretty much anyone with a heartbeat
Great learning environment, but not enough compensation
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILJanuary 2, 2016
A lot of the coworkers were very unreliable, so sometimes it was very difficult to request a day off. The lack of workers made it very hard for people to train in different stations so if you were a cashier, you were stuck being a cashier for a long time. Also, the pay was minimum wage, with no raise until you became a manager. The hardest part of the job was trying to cover multiple positions during your shift if one of the workers called off. However, the people who worked there were really nice and helpful. Sometimes it was stressful because of angry and rude customers but we usually tried to just ignore it provide friendly service.
Pros
Meal discounts
Cons
No raises, low wage
Productive and good for career
Trainer/Instructor (Former Employee) –  Bessemer, ALFebruary 9, 2016
It was a typical job. It was fun working there with the employees, and training to see them succeed. What I learned about working there is that you will have to work hard inorder for good things to follow. The co-workers were cooperative and were willing to learn. The hardest part about the job was doing some of the employee jobs during training, and resulted in a good way that all of the employees knew their positions at work. Finally, the management was fair.
Pros
Some growth
Cons
Less pay
Taco bell
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 31, 2016
The company it great to work for if its Corp store they pay more for management and upper management will help you to move forward in your career with Taco Bell. Also I really hard work and little pay for management if your not a corp store.
Pros
Great with promo
Cons
How you qualify for health insurance or vacation hours
It's ight
Cashier (Current Employee) –  DeLand, FLFebruary 22, 2016
Love most of my managers. One I can't stand because she is always yelling. They will take care of you if someone starts yelling at you in drive thru. It's easy to learn but you don't get raises or moving up in the company. Your crew is your best friends they are like family.
Pros
Half off lunches but cool manages let you eat free, love the crew
Cons
Health care sucks, people are rude, one manager will yell at you for nothing
Good first job
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Massillon, OHNovember 1, 2015
Good first job. Great opportunities for advancement. Flexible schedule. Management is unbalanced in most stores. Certain employees are only held accountable for policies if management dislikes them. Low starting wages and low annual raises. Corporate lowered monthly bonuses by 75% for Shift Leaders. Assistant Management position was recently considered being depleted all together. Holiday schedule is never rotated so same people end up working none or all holidays every year. Benefits are minimum. Offer scholarships for college students as well as GED programs for homeschool or "drop out" employees.

Customers are generally the root cause for bad attitudes or lousy work environment. Night shift is always understaffed and the customers are always rude but closers make the shift fun.

Advancing past Shift Leader offers better benefits and pay, however, training for management is generally slow to take place or never fully completed.
Pros
Free food. Flexible schedule. Education assistance.
Cons
Low pay. Management.
Starter Job
SHIFT LEAD (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAFebruary 1, 2016
Taco Bell provided me with entry into understanding customer service and the food industry on the most basic of levels. Here I learned that I was good at customer service, even in a place that did not foster it. Unfortunately, this position id easy to grow out of as there is not much room for growth. Also, management and the work environment were inconsistently supportive.
Pros
Good Starter Job
Cons
Poor Compensation, Management, and Work Environment
Working at Taco Bell
Service Champion (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 28, 2016
Well, Taco Bell was my second paying job. I like most of the people there and the work wasn't very strenuous. I worked as a Service Champion. I worked night shift mostly while I was there, during shift I would start as cashier in the lobby while starting all the closing procedures, later in the night I would shut down the lobby and move on in the kitchen. I worked in the drive thru for the rest of night taking orders while continuing to make sure all the prep for closing was done until food had to be dropped at 4:00 am when the store shut down and we were done serving for the night. Working at this job just takes urgency, and also remembering what goes where when it comes to stock, food prep, and revenue. Most of the people I worked with were great, some not so much but that any place you go..
Pros
Employee meals on breaks, free soft drinks, great hard working team members, most managers were a pleasure to work with
Cons
Management is not always great, Low pay
Friendly, easy to work in environment.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Machesney Park, ILMarch 26, 2016
A typical day was busy with rushes at breakfast, lunch, and dinner and in drive thru you have a time limit at which the orders needed to be cashed in and handed out by but working fast paced wasn't hard it was enjoyable because it kept me moving constantly. I learned how to make food and how to properly store the food. The management and co-workers were friendly and easy to get along with. There wasn't a hard part of the job because it was straight forward. The best part was being able to work with like minded people and assisting the customers and seeing the smiles on their faces.
Pros
Free soda, friend work environment.
Cons
Sometimes we didn't have enough supplies for the week.
Interesting place to work!
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJanuary 11, 2016
The management was exceptional, they were very helpful at times, but mostly had other people do all their work for them. Regular employees were not offered benefits or overtime and advancement opportunities are not there at all.
Very peaceful, positive work environment, with room for advancement.
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAJanuary 11, 2016
Has been a very entusiastic and very positive work experience and very friendly and peaceful work environment. A regular day on the job consisted of keeping my area stocked and tidy, greeting my guests in atimely manner and making sure each guest received proper customer service including: cleanliness, hospitality, accuracy, maintenance of restaurant equipment including soda machine ex., product quality, and also adequate speed of service with a smile and politely (greeting and closing), welcoming and showing appreciation to guest with an A+_attitude with 100% customer satisfaction to the best of my abilities. Management was very helpful and very supportive and encouraging to all employees and also showed professional on the job behavior. I really enjoyed how we worked as a team to make every day an enjoyable and competitive work experience always striving for improvement to provide highest quality of service.
Pros
50% discount on food, very reasonable rules/ very helpful and friendly managers and staff members.
Cons
short breaks and few hours of work available to employees

2.9