Taco Bell

5.6K reviews

Taco Bell Employee Reviews

The workplace
Cook (Current Employee), Mobile, ALAugust 28, 2015
It was a great place to work at ,But the hardest thing was not seeing the customer ,i use the been face to face ,one on one with the customers.
the job was fair
General manager (Former Employee), PhoenixAugust 28, 2015
It's a grate job to start off in lean basic management skills.Build strong customer service skills and situational awareness skills. If you can work Your team and the customers while maintaining a positive positive attitude you will go far in the customer service portion of any job
good atmoshere, equalities, nice people
Crew Person (Former Employee), Avon, INAugust 28, 2015
Pros: free lunches, enthusiastic employees
Cons: didn't have much insurance possibilities
Great first job, nice atmosphere, the managers could be a little harsh, but all around not bad, everyone got treated like an equal, the hardest part was it did get busy at times with being understaffed, and it was hard to please the guests that way, most enjoyable part was making the guests laugh and be happy,
Fast pace and fun place to work
SHIFT MANAGER (Former Employee), Fairfield, CAAugust 27, 2015
fun place to work with great employees, very fast pace store with high sales, never a moment where there wasn't anything to do. with great coworkers and management it made work enjoyable and made the days go by faster.
Taco Bell was a good first job.
Team Member (Former Employee), Morrisville, NCAugust 27, 2015
Taco Bell taught me how to deal with a lunch and dinner rush. Also
taught me how to be the face of the company when working the
front register. There was lots of multi-tasking when working in the
drive-thru window. It was my first job and i learned a lot of responsibilities of having a job.
A Great First Job
Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee), Champaign, ILAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Good personalities
Cons: Nothing
It was a great first job
gave me the chance to get work experience
learned things I never knew , such as learning orders how to use the cash register.
Management was on top of everything made sure we did our job and everything was up to date.
The only hard part was me working and going to school.
The enjoyable part was learning and making my own money
It sucked
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Hialeah, FLAugust 27, 2015
Working at Taco Bell was a horrible experience, the management was aweful, they would steal your hours as if you were working for free from them.
Fast past, multi tasking. Staying calm and getting along with others
Shift Lead Manager (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIAugust 27, 2015
Even though the management isnt all perfect. the team memebers stayed on what they had to do when they had to do it. I would say the hardest part wouldve been multitasking and people who didnt want to cooperate.
Taco bell is a friendly environment
Cashier (Current Employee), sanford,flAugust 27, 2015
Pros: works with schedule
Cons: no free lunch
I have been at taco bell for over a year, they work with your schedule and make sure you are happy in the work place.There was never a dull moment. Co-worker were really like family.
fast food
Customer Service (Former Employee), Elk Grove, CAAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Tasty Food
Cons: Hostile Environment
i served customers.I cleaned and restocked.I maintained the dining room.I was also the cashier.I prepped and made food.
fun workplace with a very fast pace
food prep, cook, cleaning and cashier (Former Employee), Rochester, NYAugust 26, 2015
Pros: fun but productive enviroment
Cons: the pay was not that good
a very nice fast pace job that keeps you on your toes every second. The job was not hard at all if you pay attention to details, I learned some customer service working drive-thru and working cashier.
A bit more challenging than other fast food spots
(Cashier) (Former Employee), New Orleans, LaAugust 26, 2015
This is a bit more complicated than other fast food restaurants. The menu was harder to learn because of the food was mostly foreign to me.
First Civilian Job
Cashier/Team Member (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 26, 2015
Cons: Did not offer full-time or benefits.
Customer service skills were greatly improved while working in this fast-paced environment. Management was great at taking care to meet employee and customer needs.
very unstable work enviroment
Cashier (Former Employee), South Boston, VAAugust 26, 2015
Pros: customers
Cons: bad management
I did what i had to daily but working with others who aren't pleasant or don't want to work affects the work place! I greet, smile, take orders, make orders, pass orders out,and clean.
Productive/ Caring for customers
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Winder, GaAugust 26, 2015
Working in the fast food environment has opened the doors in regards to customer service and caring for customers. It has shown me that caring for customers and making sure they are served and attended in the right manner, assures that they will continue coming back because of the excellent service provided. I've also had to make sure the restaurant kept running in a very fashionable manner while, also making sure that the stores money was all there.
Difficult to move up into Managerial Position
Service Champion (Former Employee), Cypress, CAAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Awesome coworkers that are cashiers
Cons: No benefits, Poor pay, Hard to move up
I worked there for 3 and half years without a raise or given a managerial position. I worked as cashier and I helped as a line cook. It was difficult sometimes because customers believe their always entitled to be right. Working as cashier for a fast food restaurant definitely is mentally and physically tiring.
Shift Manager
Store Manager (Former Employee), Lauderdale Lakes FloridaAugust 25, 2015
Responsible for assisting in the management and operation of the restaurant. Train, motivate, and develop team members. Ordering of food and supplies, cash close outs and daily deposits. Provide and ensure customer service and satisfaction. Ensure compliance with Taco Bell standards.
Just dont do it!
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), Tempe, AZAugust 25, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: everything you can imagine
Worked at a corporate store. The corporate executives do not foster a fair, and fun working environment. Management works a minimum of 55 hour weeks and the pay is not fair. Also, be prepared to work midday shifts that will cause you to work literally all day. NO work life balance.
Don't work here
Shift Lead (Former Employee), Oakland, CAAugust 25, 2015
Very hard to move up, when you do, you give up any type of life you have outside of work. They set unrealistic expectations from managers and expect numbers to meet. If you work in an area, such as Oakland, it is almost impossible to get numbers for customer satisfaction because no matter what the employees do to "go out of their way" for the customer, it is never good enough. Some of the stores I have worked in are literally falling apart. One store that I worked in, the roof caved in and the District Manager wanted us to still keep the store opened. Sometimes that shift manager is the only one working when employees walk out, the general manager never comes in to help out. Most of the general managers are too young for the position and treat other employees like they are nothing and talk down to the older employees.
No it isn't the Mexican phone company, but a great place to work.
Training Manager and district Manager (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Free food, great fun with customers and Employees
Cons: Long hours
I managed the daily operation, to make sure that the high quality of food was coming in and going out, were the best products possible. I learned all about the fast food business and how to generate high profits, through total control of all aspects of the business. later I trained new managers and eventually, became the district manager for more that 10 stores, in the Albuquerque area I had great fun with my employees, as we tried harder and harder to make the customers experience fun and quick, with only the best of everything provided. Long hours was the hardest part of the job. But, I enjoyed my Customers and Employees.
Headquarters