Taco Bell

6.3K reviews

Taco Bell Employee Reviews

Found 6,214 reviews matching the search
Great crew, awesome customers, awful manager
Backline crew member/ Closer (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CAFebruary 9, 2016
all the employees i worked with were fabulous. we all got along there was a lot of team work and positive vibes. We did our best to maintain clean work areas and get our necessary tasks accomplished. Our manager though, she didn't have allot of experience in fast food previously before working it and allot of the safety standards and laws we were supposed to uphold she looked past. OSHA would have had a field day in our restaurant.
taco bell
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAFebruary 9, 2016
working at taco bell was a cool environment i learned a lot of management skills that ill be able to use in other jobs. i thought working at this place would be difficult
Very uplifting environment
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COFebruary 8, 2016
it was a nice place to work. but the organization of it needed to be improved other than that it was a really good job.when i was at work it took my mind off of home and personal problems. I learned that working means teamwork. The hardest part of my job was being moved around when i was comfortable working in a certain area. the easiest part was making people smile and meeting new people.
Pros
lunches, coworkers
Cons
organization
Very good Fast food Job
Cashier/Team member (Former Employee) –  Orangevale, CAFebruary 8, 2016
Typical day is busy or slow but always fun
how to make delicious food and provide customers with good service
management team was awesome and respectable
co-workers always friendly
working drive through cashier when extremely busy
getting the opportunity to work for an awesome company
Pros
Employee lunch discounts
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 8, 2016
It was a nice experience but I want something else for my future and there's little chances for advancement.
Don't know what else to say.
Cons
Okay place with good people
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Shelby, NCFebruary 8, 2016
This job was fun in the beginning, however as a change of management ensued it quickly became a hellacious place to work, and it was quickly apparent that the above management was corrupt in their thinking and their ways. If i could give management a lower than one star, i would. they need to get it together.
Pros
Free meals for managers
Cons
tough working conditions, fast paced environment.
Company Needs Improvement
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 8, 2016
Taco Bell is a good place to work and a great place to provide exceptional customer service. If you like challenges this company is for you. Every day there is a different goal to meet and each time, challenging. However, I feel that one has to be there 24/7. I found myself spending less time with my family and more time at work. Recognition is also an issue. Company recognition for the different restaurants is awesome, but what happens with those individuals who make it happen (employees, shift leads). Sometimes a good employee or shift lead is not recognized as they should be. Also, no benefits are provided considering how hard most employees work and the little compensation.
fast paced and fun enviroment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 8, 2016
Taco bell being fast food has its ups and downs one minute we could be completely backed up in drive through the next we have no one for 30 minutes. Being my first job this is where I learned to handle cash and basic customer service skills. Management was laid back and coworkers were mostly young high school kids. Hardest part was probably closing the store at night or getting called of on your way to work. The most enjoyable part was trying new foods making your own and experimenting with different things.
Great summer job
Team Member Trainer (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNFebruary 8, 2016
Great job for the summer, fun fast paced job, love the food, just not enough pay, and needed something more steady. Besides that great job
Best part of the job was my coworkers
Grill Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILFebruary 8, 2016
My biggest issue with the job was poor management which caused further problems in the work place. In my particular location the general manager and another manager were cutting my wages even though I had worked the full hours. The assistant manager who was a good manager informed me of what was going on.
Horrible Mangement and Short Staffed.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Leesville, LAFebruary 8, 2016
I open on every morning 6 days a week and the only opener they have. The new store manager and district Manger don't seem to care about the store! When I open I'm the one who's doing everything. I hate being a cashier! Not what i sign up for! When the Asst Manger open she comes 20 minutes late and it's 6:20am still sitting in the parking lot waiting for her to come like dont have enough time to get the store open. Plus don't even apologize for being late and every time. She dont evan know how to talk to people. one say nothing about it! My hours were 32 a week and went down to 28 a week! I quit and will not return to work at this location.
Pros
Free Food, easy job
Cons
Short Staff, Asst Manger and whole management
this job is simple now
Cashier (Current Employee) –  El Monte, CAFebruary 8, 2016
this job really helped with multi-tasking. I enjoy working here but i would like a better paying job so i can go back to college.
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
no full time
Fast Customer Service
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  MultipleFebruary 7, 2016
A typical day varied, depending on what position I was working that day. If I was working line it was; come in, prep food, make food for customers, fix messed up orders, go home. If I was working as a cashier it was; come in, count a drawer, take customers' orders, send orders to the kitchen via computer, take payment from customers, handle complaints if customers' order was wrong in any way.

I learned how to make all the food at Taco Bell. I also learned that there are a lot of lazy people that work at fast food places.

Management varied from super relaxed and easy-going to super strict and by the book.

The hardest part of the job was working with people who didn't really want to do their job.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the constant fast-paced environment.
Pros
Fast-paced work, Good pay, Free/half priced lunch, Flexible hours
Cons
Working with a lot of lazy people
work place
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  La Pine, ORFebruary 6, 2016
I love working with the public and I am a hard worker and I am willing to learn anything id I don't know it. the people love working with me and I love working with people to help the and train them the right way of the job
productive and fun work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLFebruary 6, 2016
my experience as a crew member was fun easy going flex hours good food fun people i fell in love with customers easy place to grow i loved the on job training loved my co workers they was awsome miss those gals
Pros
fun times and good food
Productive Teen job
Cashier, Line cook (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 6, 2016
is great for an after school student. what I learned was being in a extremely fast paste environment there is challenges and change. the co-workers was ok. the hardest part bout the job is working under stress. the best part was learning something new at the end of my shift
Productive work environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 5, 2016
I started working for this company as a crew member. My boss was great at delegating duties to all employees and made sure everyone knew what their duties were from day to day. I learned a lot under him and was able to move up the corporate ladder as a shift manager and the moved up to an assistant manager.
It's okay
Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Portage, INFebruary 5, 2016
I like working Taco Bell, it was okay. There were some awesome co-workers, but the customers, not so great. This place had it's days to where we will be on point to where we will be not on point. But everything worked out fine.
Pros
Great Food
Cons
Some not-so-good co-workers
Decent place
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAFebruary 5, 2016
Typical day included preparing food for guests, and cleaning during down time. You learned the basics of how to perform a job, and nothing really else. You could advance to management at some time if you really wanted to. Co-workers were hit and miss, as they usually just hire anyone. Nothing too hard about the job skill wise, scheduling wise; they expected blood, sweat, and tears. The most enjoyable part was the awesome people you had the chance of working with, and some of the guest interactions.
Pros
Free food, Guranteed hours, 1 week paid vacation yearly
Cons
Management, No advancement, No healthcare
Fun atmosphere
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 4, 2016
I had worked at as a GM for Taco bell in 2000. It was about the same. Very fun. Very fast paced. New menu items every 60 days, so good constant change.
Pros
Fast paced environment
Cons
work-life balance