Taco Bell
3,583 reviews

Taco Bell Employer Reviews

Typical fast food
Manager (Former Employee), Blue Springs, MOJuly 20, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: bad management change
I enjoyed my job for about the first 6 months because of the people I worked with, then there was a change of management and the new store manager brought in friends that were lazy and would not do their job but expected the good employees to due twice as much work because the lazy ones would not. It was almost like high school drama and lots of BS – more... the last 6 months I worked there, I just wish there was not a change in management because it was fun at first. – less
good
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 19, 2014
Pros: discount lunches
Cons: 3o mins and 3 15 mins
everything was a learning exp. and had fun doing it.very good people when they moved to corp.
Fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 19, 2014
Pros: you meet new people every day
Cons: no growth in within the company
Its a very fun and fast paced job. I like fast paced jobs. But no growth in within.
Fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 19, 2014
Pros: you meet new people every day
Cons: no growth in within the company
Great place for first time job hunters.
Crew Member (Current Employee), Puyallup, WAJuly 18, 2014
Pros: free lunches up to 5 bucks.
Great place to work. Good people, great bosses. Decent pay and hours.
Great Learning Opportunity
Restaurant General Manager (Current Employee), Lake Stevens, WAJuly 18, 2014
Amazing way to kick off my management career however work/life balance is non existent. Very fast paced environment with specific goals and tasks that must be accomplished.
Very fun and efficient workplace.
Cashier and Cook (Current Employee), Madisonville, TXJuly 18, 2014
Pros: free drinks, and 20% off of meals.
Cons: no breaks at all except for breakfast, lunch, dinner...
One word to describe a typical day at work would be "simple." Everything would be at a brisk pace and the environment was wonderful. Although, when things got busy everyone was on task. The management, my co-workers, the work-space; everything was great. The hardest part of my job was trying my hardest to keep any negativity within my environment. Although – more... the most enjoyable part was making the everyone feel great. From my experience here I learned that you always have to be on top of things. If your off task for the slightest moment, everything starts to fall apart. – less
fastest operation ever
General Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 18, 2014
Pros: hours
Cons: no breaks
great system in place and great followup there is no room for mistake
Fun but stressful
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee), Bowling Green, KYJuly 18, 2014
Management makes it very stressful and not a good work evironment
Not a good place to work
service champion (Former Employee), Harrisburg, NCJuly 18, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: no breaks, rude managers, you are all alone doing the work
I worked there for only about a month. When i came to work the mangers always looked at me like there was something wrong with me. I would immediately get on the register. I was the only person working up front and in the meantime of me take a bunch of orders i would have to go out wash tables, check bathrooms, take out the trash, restock cups, and – more... help in the kitchen,.. and if someone came up to the register i had to run to wash my hands and hold them up because i had to wash my hands because they wouldnt put anyone else on the second register. The whole time i worked there i was only given ONE BREAK out of the whole month. At night i would have to clean the whole dining room area by myself while being watched by the manager who told me i was doing everything wrong! The managers made you feel like you were stupid and if you needed to ask a question you felt scared too! I would not recommend this place to anyone! The reason i quit is because i had a horrible headache oneday so i called in "sick" because i couldn't stand to be around the smell of fake mexican food while i had a headache and the lead manager told me that if i didn't come in then this poor little old lady that works there would have to fill my spot for the night, so i felt bad, and the manager made me once again feel stupid so i told her over the phone i quit, and she got an attitude with me and hung up! The managers were VERY unprofessional at all times! – less
Taco Bell
Restaurant General Manager (Current Employee), Allen, TXJuly 18, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: hard to take breaks for yourself
• Control labor by analyzing the flow of business
• Control food cost by insuring proper ordering, rotation, order accuracy and waste
• Increase sales by up saleing, marketing and customer surveys
• Talk to customers to get there feedback on the business
• Manager walks to visit with customers to ensure there dining experience was great
• Hire and train – more... quality associates
• Responsible for increased sales per shift by $200
• Ordering food and supplies
• Implementing new menu items – less
Productive, great people, awesome place to work at.
Service Champion (Current Employee), 10937 Weyburn Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90024July 17, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
Typical day is peak hours and slow hours.
Learned fast paste environment,dealing with people and how a small store runs.
Management was great, very understanding, friendly and family like.
Co-worker where great too but did experience a lot of gossip a lil more then the norm.
No hard parts
Everything was enjoyable.
Taco Bell is a fun place to work at.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Gulfport, MSJuly 17, 2014
Working at Taco Bell has its up and downs. There are days where we are really slow and days where we are extremely busy. I learned on slow days we are able to get a lot of things done, whereas, on busy days we are lucky not to run out of anything. It has its challenges just like any job does.
Summary for Taco Bell
Cashier (Former Employee), Fayetteville, WVJuly 17, 2014
A typical day at work involved me running drive-thru, and lobby. Keeping my station clean. And prepping the food if we were lacking employees that day. Keeping inventory stocked. I learned how to operate a touch screen cash register, and how to prep the food in a restaurant. My co-workers really didn't have an effect on me or my personal working experience. – more... I didn't have a relationship with my employees out of work place. The hardest part of my job was learning how to run the register at the pace needed at first, but I learned quick. The most enjoyable part of my job was everything after I got the hang of it all! – less
There was excitement
Market Training Manager (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJuly 17, 2014
If I could take the pay cut, I would go back to work for Taco Bell. They commended you for jobs well done and were good at communicating meetings not just throwing them in.
Fun place to work. great people to work with.
Cashier (Former Employee), Titusville, FLJuly 16, 2014
Taco Bell was a good place to work, I enjoyed being there while I was there. When the opportunity came along to work with Caffe chocolat, it was a hard choice to make. I learned so much on how taco bell as a company works and the importance of keeping the food and customer service up and doing great.
Excellent company with family values.
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee), Troy, ALJuly 16, 2014
This company is a great company to work for and driven to deliver customer excellence in service and relations.
Fun
Crew Trainer (Former Employee), Ardmore, OKJuly 16, 2014
Pros: discount food, fun
Cons: fast food just isnt a career
Worked here for my first job. I did enjoy it. Management was fun to work with. The other associates where my age (16-20) so we all related really well.
enjoy working here,its time to better myself
Assistant Mananger (Former Employee), mount airy,ncJuly 16, 2014
Cons: raises are really hard to come by
enjoy the customers;free meals;bonuses quarterly;learned so much from my general manager;gm is supportive;crew and other managers are great
Easy repetative work once you get the hang of it
crew (Current Employee), 2699 e. 10th street Jeffersonville, In 47111July 16, 2014
Pros: free food or at least half price, and great people to work with.
Cons: bi-weekly pay, rude customers, seemingly impossible time goals
Speed is heavily pushed but not expected when you are new. The people are usually amazingly fun to work with. I even made a few new great friends while there. On the flip side there will always be rude customers, and there will usually be someone you don't like working with, like most places. The job would be even better if the pay were worth it.

1 2 3 4 5

About Taco Bell

Taco Bell Corp., a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc., (NYSE: YUM), is based in Irvine, California and is the nation's leading Mexican-style – Read more