Taco Bell Employee Reviews

Found 6,222 reviews matching the search
I don't like it at all.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Roselle, NJMarch 11, 2014
Customer always want to try to find a way to get something reduced price or even for free without paying for it by bullying the management, which ends up bowing down to them so they don't call corporate and complain therefore jeopardizing their own jobs or the cashier or the food handler by requesting extra sour cream that they didn't pay for as they see the worker making the food in front of them on top of the sour cream they did actually pay for without paying for the extra. Everything is always your fault as an employee by management or senior employees as a newbie. Management tries to always blame you for a problem whether your fault or not and give you more work to do than what you already have already on your plate. Management doesn't believe in giving raises for hard work nor recognizing it and only on your anniversary date if your lucky enough to get one, yet if your already a cashier whether lobby or drive thru, they expect you to learn more for the same rate of pay and as a result, be cheap therefore saving them money. Management doesn't believe in reprimanding in private, but instead yell halfway across the floor on the floor or in the kitchen in front of everybody when you do something wrong causing a scene like children when they are suppose to behave like adults themselves. Therefore embarrassing you making you feel powerless and worthless. Some senior employees act like just because they have more seniority and have made the mistake of making this job a career feel like they can boss you around because of their seniority and ask you to help all the time with something  more... especially when they are too lazy to do anything themselves like breaking down boxes yet the boxes are right in front of them when you get there that they make excuses to not do it themselves and when you tell them you have to get to your work and help customers, they act like it needs to be done now yet your suppose to take the orders, but when you ask them, they act like its too much for them to do it and half those senior workers are not a manager anyway or supervisor at all and are a just a food worker handling the food. The food workers also make mistakes when preparing the orders and don't own up to it, but yet are quick to get on you if you make a mistake taking and entering in the orders. Order monitors are not always up to date in real time therefore the food preparer might miss a part of the order. Management don't even ask if you can work this day over the phone or in person and put you on the schedule without even asking you there in person or over the phone and when you say you can't, they give you an attitude and act as if they don't want to hear or can't take no for an answer. In short, its working for minimum wage in fast food. What do you expect? Stay away. Its fast food whether its McDonald's, Wendy's, Burger King, etc. The food maybe good tasting at times, but isn't healthy for you either. Management also got rid of the cleaning captains in my store therefore the rest of the workers have to work harder including the cashiers to pick up the slack for those workers they either let go or that quit because of the store not giving them many hours. The surveys are garbage. Management is also shady in asking employees to do customer surveys because they don't have enough customer surveys and it will make the managers looks good therefore. Pure garbage!  less
Pros
free lunches under $5 and over $5, its 50% off.
Cons
read below & stay far, far away!
A Learning Experience
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Clarks Summit, PAApril 17, 2014
Working at Taco Bell was my first job, so I did not have high expectations. It seemed simple enough, my duties were just like any fast food restaurant. It consisted of cashier responsibilities, drive thru work, making the food, keeping the environment clean, greeting customers, etc. The problem was we were extremely understaffed and even though the employees could work more to help, corporate would cut the stores hours because the employees had worked too many. Eventually people were even cut down to not even 20 hours a week because of this. Not only that but because Taco Bell is such a popular chain it is always busy. This and staff shortage is a horrible combination. Almost every single shift I had to work drive thru I did it alone when it is usually a two person job, one takes the orders while the other handles cash and gives out the order. My coworkers did not get it easy either, especially the ones who made the food. The company emphasizes on making the quality food, which is obviously the most important part. However, it's not easy to make quality food when one person is making a meal for a family of five and the line of cars goes outside the parking lot. The pay was not worth it, and Team Leaders who had been there two or three years longer than I was got the exact same pay as I did. Many, if not all, of my coworkers had the exact same rate of pay as their starting pay which was $8 an hour. Another thing that bothered me was the schedule. In this modern day and age, schedule is much more efficient and convenient with the use of internet sites, mobile apps, etc. The Taco  more... Bell store had the schedule on a board. In order to input change of hours, days off, or anything involving the schedule you would talk to a manager. HOWEVER most cases the manager was not available so you write your request on a sheet of paper and put it in the office. By far that is one of the most ineffective ways to do schedules and it's extremely difficult to communicate with one another about the schedule. The only thing I enjoyed about the job was the very rare friendly person. Aside from that, it was not enjoyable. The company policy only allows a small dollar amount of free food. This is understandable if an employee works maybe 4 hours that day, but after an 8 hour shift or so the small amount doesn't seem very sufficient. The work environment was also very annoying to be around. I'm not sure how other Taco Bell stores are, but in my experience a lot of the managers just wanted to bicker at each other. Maybe two of the managers did not care and were there to work, not get involved with conflict.  less
Pros
learning experience, able to adapt to highly fast paced environment
Cons
short breaks, low pay for quality of work, corporate hour cuts, unorganized, mediocre at best work environment
Busy, easy starter job.
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSNovember 9, 2014
I started at Taco Bell three years ago, as a "food champion", and was trained on registers after a few months out of desperation, then quickly thrown onto drive-thru. It was a little overwhelming, but my general manager's support and firm rules helped me to quickly master it. I was soon trained to count down drawers and make cash drops. When I felt I was ready to advance to a shift manager position, my boss was happy to train me, and I was promoted after two weeks. Normally, one has to speak with a higher up before getting promoted, but her word alone was enough to get me my keys. I completed both on the job and online training modules during scheduled work hours.
The only negative is that as a manager, you usually don't get off until about twenty or even thirty minutes after you are scheduled to be because crew members don't like to clock in until the last minute, at which point you have to have them verify their drawers before you can count down those of the previous cashiers.
Another difficulty is drama among both crew and management. Also, people who start out as hard workers frequently start going downhill and start being late, calling in and even no-call no-showing. With some exceptions, the company, for the most part, waits for people to quit rather than firing them.
Compensation is not the greatest, considering the amount of stress you are forced to deal with as a supervisor, like crew members who can't get along or outrageously angry customers. I work for a franchise, and shift managers cap out at $10.50. Crew usually start at $7.30-$7.50, but you can probably get up
  more... to $8.00 if you're experienced and persistent enough. I was offered but turned down a promotion in order to give myself time to go to school. Assistant managers and general managers are required to be scheduled for 100 hours per pay period (two weeks), but - if they're responsible - frequently are required to work more than that, with no additional pay, because they are on salary and want to avoid giving overtime at all costs.
It isn't a bad way to break into the work force, but unless you are really passionate about the job, it probably isn't the best career.
The day to day work is actually really easy, as long as you pay attention during your on the job training and actually put effort into it. If you're lazy and don't aspire to learn more than one position, you will probably have your hours cut and eventually be replaced.
Pros
free food, flexible scheduling, easy to advance, can bring shy people out of their shells
Cons
no official breaks, drama, people frequently call in or no-call no-show
Productive and great sense of humors in the company ,with POOR MANAGEMENT.
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Seven Hills, OHSeptember 30, 2014
I've learned more than i expected from when i first started at this company in 2011. I started off as a crew member/ service champion at one of the busiest Taco Bells in Cincinnati. Very upbeat great place to work, when i first started. My general Manager who hired me on was from Indiana. She ran the place very well!. There has always been drama though, because people always will need something to talk about. We worked at a fast pace, and served our happy customers as quick and professional as possible. She, down the road was offered a better paying job at the new Casino. Another great general manager came along, after leaving corporate Wendy's for 11 years, he too had left his carrier job at Wendy's because the management changed and it all went down hill. He came along and told his 2 partners in crime to promote me to a full time night shift manager. Things were running perfect. I met all requirements that i was asked to meet, every night. Soon after coming back from my vacation i was told they need help with managers at another location. So, I started working at that location and noticed it is a very beat up company where most of the workers do not care. The neighborhood is worse than expected and than to be robbed at gun point isn't okay. The change was nice, i was able to experience a different Taco Bell and a different environment of people and customers, but it was not for the better it was for the worse. My general manager now is someone younger than me who is very unbelievably lazy , who doesn't care too much about his employees, as long as he is okay. We went to school  more... together. The most enjoyable part of my job is the employees that work with me. Their all amazing and different personalities that i work with and it really up lifts my life to see others smiling and doing good. The hardest part of my job is getting a sense of our careless general manager. (beyond careless)! I am a part of the management team. I can say the two day shift managers are great at their job. The new night shift manager is all about delegating, which isn't a bad thing but please do your job as well that is why we get paid more than crew members. (lazy butts). I am a clean freak and will do as I am asked to do. I'm an outstanding help to others. This is why I feel I am worth more than what my company has been given to me in the past year, out of the three I have been there.  less
Pros
free lunches
Cons
careless general manager, which makes it 10 times hard on every employee.
My Experience As Taco Bell Champion
Service/Food Champion (Current Employee) –  Greenville, OhioSeptember 8, 2015
At the time of this review, I have worked for Taco Bell for 7 months as a food and service champion. At the time of first being hired on it was easy to meet and make relationships with my new co-workers. I struggled a bit learning stuff on line as a food champion for my first couple weeks but improved drastically and quickly. Being given plenty of compliments from managers on my improvements in the position. My only complaint at the beginning of employment was the lack of ability to change your availability schedule after you've been hired.

Within my first couple months I had slowly started transitioning from line to the front counter, and more recently onto drive-thru which is my primary station currently. Through our survey program I got multiple positive recommendations from customers and even build friendships with regulars. I got to experience being a borrowed employee when I needed to work at another Taco Bell location. I've done everything possible to help the staff and management by working any extra days they needed when I didn't have other commitments.

More recently I will touch on a poor management issue which resulted in a rumor being spread, and my hours cut with no proof or reason. Throughout the following summer I was working mostly 35-38 hours per week, suddenly around a month from this review I was cut to 14, then down to 7. Finally two weeks ago I was told by a manager that someone had said I was speaking ill of TB on Facebook(which is public but I rarely post on due to it only being used for music related things). I confronted my main manager about
  more... it who told me she didn't remember who told her, but said that the manager who had told me was the one who spoke to her about it. So pretty much my hours were cut for over 3-4 weeks if not a month without me knowing why, and without any proof and it just being passed on like it was nothing.

Due to the natural progression of life, I am looking to move on from Taco Bell but would highly recommend a position here and I EXTREMELY EXTREMELY suggest you keep close ties to your management team so that you're more in the know-how when issues like what I mentioned above happen and it is you.
Pros
Great Atmosphere, Fast Paced, Good Pay
Cons
Some Issues with Communication, Little to no benefits
A day at Taco Bell
Fast Food Cashier, Fast Food Cook (Current Employee) –  Redding, CAFebruary 4, 2014
My day starts off with an upbeat attitude when I go behind the counter and am ready to start delivering to the customers, food, service, and most of all, satisfaction.

As the day progresses, the shift can begin to become a bit chaotic due to lack of management. The main manager schedules employees inconsistently for the majority of employees who work there. A few "select" people will ALWAYS have a set schedule, while others including myself struggle to get a even a two day weekend for months at a time, but work incredibly hard. In addition, the schedules will often seem unbalanced, resulting in either not enough people working a shift, or not diversity in employees who know different positions. But schedules aren't the only thing that determine the shift, a manager does as well. Some manager know how to lead the shift, but majority of all the managers struggle to work together with one another, resulting in crew members lost at to what they're suppose to be doing. In addition, no one can seem to accept fault, and instead playing the blame game, but a true leader will always admit their fault, no?

But while the managers lack to be their full potential, the co-workers themselves couldn't be any more awesome if they tried! They're upbeat, eccentric, always ready to do a good job. More times than not, I see them truly work as team helping one another than the managers may ever give them credit for, but regardless of lack or recognition the co-workers ALWAYS keep at it, and continue to shine.

If it's one thing I've learned, fast-food in general is not an easy job, you have to
  more... work hard and you have to work fast. It becomes hard at times when some customers treat you as they will, no matter how hard you've worked to satisfy them, but no matter what you have to keep going and continue to do your best to make sure your customers are happy.

So why work there? What makes it worth it? It's when I get to interact with the customers who come back because of how well I treat them, and want to see me. When I see a regular whose face brightens up from my appearance is more than worth any downside, because seeing a happy customer due to my efforts is one of the best feelings in the world, and I would not let anything change that!
MClemore
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, TXJuly 12, 2014
This is a contract company. I worked for them as a custodian contracted with lumberton district. There is always drama going on, never enough supplies and the general manager who is the only person you really speak with is incompentent. On numerious occasions she would avoid work and get her nails down even showed up with alcohol in her system. The work conditions are honestly hazardous. When we would kyvac the bathrooms she had us use a chemical called Crew which is never meant to be inhaled says so on the warning label and is not actually an approved chemical for the kyvac machine which I found out by visiting the kyvac website. The teachers treat all of the custodians as either maids or potential criminals even though you go through drug testing and can't work for this company if you have a criminal background. An example of being treated like a maid service custodians are there to maintain schools we dust, kyvac restrooms, refill paper towels & toilet paper, sweep, mop, vacuum, buffer and wax floors. It's a lot of little things but we make the school look nice. We are not there to wash the dishes which the teachers have attempted to have us do. Even though the contract has certain conditions our manager in order to apease the teachers constantly added more and more work to things we already do. And for only 8 dollars an hour not enough. I still have friends who work for this company and it is only getting worse. In 6mos of being at this company nearly 100% of the people quit. And you only have 5 custodians per school normal so the company over there is not huge. I would  more... tell anyone who wanted to work as a custodian to avoid MClemore. And yes many of us sent complaints to the HR services which were to remain anonymous however were told to our GM anyways and caused more issues than they helped. Personally my mom has worked as a custodian for the Nederland District and she experienced none of these issues she was even payed well. Lumberton really does need to rethink who they are in contract with and also change some of there attitudes towards people who are simply trying to clean and maintain the school for them.  less
Pros
no pros
Cons
no security, hazardous work environment, poor pay
A place to work
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Port Huron, MIFebruary 1, 2015
This is really just a place to work. The people are nice for the most part. The management leaves something to be desired. When I arrive at work I usually jump on the dishes while a manager counts out my drawer for me. Then I log onto a register and set to work. All I really do is clean the dining room all shift, take orders at the front counter, and do dishes during downtime.

I haven't been there long and I only work on the weekends - I'm a full-time college student and also have another job I work during the week - and it's nothing new. I've worked my other job for two years. I guess if you're new to the job, you learn teamwork and learn how to properly handle cash and customer complaints. Time management though. I've learned how to manage my time very well, being that I'm so booked with everything I have going on.

My managers are all fairly nice people, but it seems very disorganized. The office is a clutter of sticky notes and papers and it seems to be hard to find the things they need. I have not actually been paid yet for working there and I've been there four weeks. This is all due to paperwork being misplaced.

My co-workers are honestly the best part of the job. They are all friendly and fun people and if there is ever something I need to talk about or get off my chest, they are all ready and willing to listen and help.

the hardest part of the job is really just dealing with the customers. So many people come in and don't know what they want to order, or they order something and realize after they've already paid that they didn't mean to order that. It just becomes
  more... a hassle trying to get everything sorted out. Between people genuinely messing up their orders and people just trying to get some free food, it's a headache.

And, like I said, the most enjoyable part of the job is the other employees. We all manage to get through the day together, telling jokes and stories about our lives outside of work. Doing the dishes isn't such a chore when you've got someone beside you telling a story that's got you in stitches!
Pros
50% off one meal a day. occassional free meals for hard work and going above and beyond.
Cons
frequently understaffed.
drama and favoritism
crew member (Current Employee) –  Oroville, CAMarch 3, 2015
A typical day here Is very unorganized and hectic. When I first started it wasn't as bad as it is now but now that I know more of how the place runs its a mad house. The managers are way to friendly with the employees and they have way to many favorites. if you are a favorite of one of the managers then you will find employment at this place a cake walk, you will get to work whatever shift you want to work and you will get whatever amount of hours you want. The entire morning crew are the main managers favorites and if your not in on there bonding stuff then they ride your butt for everything you do. The main manager is best friends with one of the other manager and she will hold the other managers pills for her an even hand them out to her is the manager goes threw the drive threw to get her pills. There is a couple that works there on the same shift an they are together and living together and are having a baby together. I left my phone in the back break room one time because I got told I couldn't have my phone on me an someone dropped my phone on the ground an broke my screen which the manager wouldn't even look it up on the cameras because I knew who broke it which was her best friend a fellow manager. People will make there food there self then clock out for there 30 min lunch break after even though your not suppose to do that and if I were to do that I would get in trouble. A couple morning people a while back got mad at our main manager because she asked them to do something and instead of the main manager punishing them she let it go because they were here morning people  more... and one of them was her best friend. I was out because I had a horrible cold which the dr took me off work for 10 days and I still got taken into the office and talked to by the manager but another manager got the same cold an no dr note an she didn't get no punishment at all. If you like a restaurant that's ran totally by favoritism then this is the place for you but if you go to work to work an do your job then this probably isn't the job for you.  less
Pros
$4.00 meal a day
Cons
favoritisim, unequal treatment, short hours, not a consistent schedule
Decent job, if it's your first job
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 17, 2015
Taco Bell is just like any other fast food restaurant: if the store is managed well, then service, the food, and store cleanliness is great. However, if the store manager has virtually no idea what he/she's doing, then life is miserable. I shall share my experience:

When I first started I would work about 15 hours a week, usually on weekends between 12-5 for the first few weeks. It was probably the best time I had working. My coworkers were friendly, my manager at the time was superb, the store was always staffed, and the food wasn't half bad. After a while, as time went on, people quit for better opportunities, and I asked for extra hours. Soon I was working 30 hrs a week at 17 years old and never did I complain because I was happy. My coworkers meant the world to me.

Then tragedy struck, as my former RGM moved to another store. So, before she left, they sent some assistant manager from another store to train in our store for a month to get the hang of it before she left. My job after my former manager left was brutal. The schedule would be off, employee shortages, food was never prepared, orders took 10-15 minutes to prepare, lack of respect from customers, etc. It wasn't long before all the shift supervisors and coworkers I had grown attached to all quit and found new employment.

I needed the money, and still had some friends, so I stayed. I ran the store as best as I could on my $8 am hour. I worked full time since I was 17 and managed to keep up my grades in high school. I worked 8pm-6am Friday and Saturday for months, never having a day off when I requested it.

If
  more... you're reading this, I do recommend you give Taco Bell a shot if it's your first job. The experience you'll gain from working there is tremendous. But if you find yourself working by yourself, trying to take orders, making orders, and then handing them in at the same time, please quit. Find another job. No one should work like that only on $8 an hour because some corporate jerk somehow thinks one person is all you need to run a fast food joint.  less
Pros
good friendships with coworkers, stable schedule
Cons
no employee benefits, risk of poor management
Friendly, Fun, Proactive Teasley Taco Bell
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXSeptember 3, 2015
Everyday is different in fast food. You can never expect today to be like yesterday. People think that because it's fast food that our jobs are easy. Unfortunately, they are mistaken. If anything I'd say it's one of the hardest jobs out there. Surprisingly people don't know that there is a window time that calculates how long it takes us to take the orders and how long it takes us to deliver it. Not only on drive thru but on the front counter as well.
I also learned that hygiene is a HUGE part of fast food. We are not allowed to have nails painted or done, no beards, no jewelry and we must wash our hands after almost everything we do. As a girly girl that was one of the luxuries I had difficulty letting go of.
All of the managers including myself and team members are really close. Even if it's your first day on the job, how friendly we are with everyone makes it feel like your 5th week or something. None of us have a problem with anyone and if there is, all of the managers do whatever it takes to solve the issue.
Of all the things about this job that is difficult, I would have to say the hardest is part is dealing with customers. It seems like it wouldn't be because all we have to do is take their order and go right? Wrong. Most fast food customers are impatient, rude, obnoxious, and very unaccepting. It feels like they are treating us poorly because they feel superior and no matter what we have to do what they say because the customer is always first, and always right. I don't understand how you could be rude to people who make your food but I guess that's the thing.
  more... At the end of the day, we are only human.
The best parts of the day are when its slow, and we have free time to get things done and joke around. It really helps lighten things up when we are able to joke and talk about upcoming plans, past events, shows, movies, music, anything really. Also, occasionally we will playa few light hearted pranks on other team members and managers.
Pros
Free manager meals, paid to drive.
Cons
No breaks, No benefits until a year, stressful, no jewelry or nail polish allowed, no purses, no cell phones.
Very busy mornings, productive, but lack's team effort.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Munster, INAugust 31, 2013
A typical day at work for me would be to clean the windows, inside and out. I would secondly take a broom and dust pan, and perform a parking lot check, this consist's of picking up garbage,and changing trash. I then would wash my hand's of course, especially while dealing with food. I would take all the chairs down from the tables, then I would sanitize wipe all tables. At approximately 10:00 a.m I would unlock the doors for the customers, I would proceed by taking front orders, and when it get's slow I would take care of dishes, and fry food for preparation. I've learned a lot from my experiences at Taco Bell, the most important would be to put the customers needs ahead of your own. I've learned to cope with all kind's of customers, and has maintained a calm attitude and has helped calm any agitated disturbance, and I did this by being understanding, and showing concern for my customer's needs. Management varies as far as how they handle and care-take the store. I believe that more can be done to make the store more manageable. I have been an employee for years and haven't yet seen a raise, bonus, nor promotion, and I've been a very dedicated worker, the only thing that kept me strong was the fact that i was working for me, and no one else. The customers also played a part in giving me credit and that always keeps a person sane in a hectic environment. My co-workers were fun, and most of them were very genuine down to earth individuals. I was a little different from them because never mixed my personal life with business. When I worked, that's exactly what I did, I did my  more... job well. the hardest part of my job was coping with the fact that I was being underpaid, I never brought it to management, because I understood that it is improper and unprofessional to discuss wages. the most enjoyable part of my job was my customers. They always know what to say to make my day. There are many different people from all over the world, whose knowledgeable and you'll be surprised what you learn from the smallest conversation.  less
Pros
free lunches.
Cons
gossiping, and low wages.
A busy workplace, with decent opportunity for advancement.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Clearlake, CAFebruary 27, 2014
In a typical day of work at Taco Bell, I was kept very busy. I learned my duties quickly, and performed them well and efficiently. I was constantly getting compliments from everyone about how fast I learned how to run most of the restaurant. I would get compliments and tips from patrons all day long, and I felt like I belonged there, except when one of the shift leaders was there, she would constantly run around and mess stuff up, and blame everyone around her. She ran so many employees off from that place, and she was basically the only problem I saw with the place. She even went so far as to tell me over the phone that she was going to have me fired at whatever the cost, and that I already had 3 write-ups that month, so it would be a piece of cake for her to do it. In my shortsightedness, I decided to quit. I figured if I was about to need another job, I had better not get fired from this one, it might save my resume from looking bad. After quitting I learned that I should not quit just because I do not necessarily see eye to eye with one person, or even a few people, because it is not about them, but about the job getting done. I found out that the shift leader who told me that I was about to get fired had no power to hire or fire anybody, and that I had no write-ups, and that she was lying to me about everything. I was in perfectly good standing with my employers, and I threw away a perfectly good job that could have landed me a management position, and half-way decent pay. The manager was awesome. She was very hard-working, and would work you like a drill sergeant. My co-workers  more... were also very hard-working, and amazing to talk to. The hardest part of the job was fitting all of the work that needed to be done in the tiny amount of time I was given to do it. It made for a real challenge. The most enjoyable part of the job was the company of the other employees, and their hilarious banter.  less
Pros
free lunch, and a real positive work experience.
Cons
poor pay for the amount of work, and the constant stress of losing my job for no reason.
Excelent work experiance
Team Trainer (Current Employee) –  Taylor, AZMarch 18, 2015
Taco Bell taught me a lot about time management, and ethics. They gave me the mentality to work with fellow co-workers and with customers of all types. May it be rude or kind customers and respectful or disrespectful co-workers. I developed a lot of patience with it all. I discovered through this job that with the right employees that our place of work can be like a well-oiled machine and helps take care of our customers without any issues. There have been times that I could not stand one or two of my fellow co-workers because of their lazy attitude, tardiness, or them just being rude. I love seeing my regular customers and making them smile. That is what I look forward to when I come in for my shift. I mostly do drive through, because it’s what I am good at so the hardest part is when I have a customer come up that is smoking (I am a severe asthmatic). We have 'No Smoking' signs by all of our entrances and that includes the drive through window. I have had people cuss me out for informing them that they cannot smoke in the drive through and I have even had them blow smoke into my face. This usually ends with me using my inhaler right away. That is the most difficult part I have to say about my current employment. I get along great with my managers and fellow co-workers; though I will admit of very much of an on-time person and I tend to get frustrated when people have a tendency to be late for their shifts. As a team trainer I have better things to do like train new employees or help the managers with preparation for the day and I am always willing to do or help another co-worker  more... with their work as long as that person is trying their best. I won’t help someone if they constantly on their phone or just messing around unless it’s an absolute task that must be done. Though unless the tardiness has a legit reason like car issues or even traffic. I do enjoy working with Taco Bell, but I believe it is time that I move on to better employment that will further me in my career goals.  less
Pros
happy customers and fun co-workers
Cons
hours
mostly positive enviornment, learned so much from this job
Manager (Former Employee) –  North Carolina, NCJuly 9, 2014
I worked 6am-2pm everyday except wed and sun for the past 5 months. At first, it was amazing. I got promoted to shift manager and it was easy. I loved going to work I would stay back extra hours not because of the money, but because I loved it. I learned money management, how to prioritize, how to lead and direct my shift, how to do sales, how to open and close the store properly, food safety, deployment, almost everything my boss asked me to do. She showed me once I got it and ran my shift properly. My coworkers were beautiful the only thing negative I could say is they were a bunch of teenagers who had really no responsibility so they did not take their job seriously as a person who needs their job would. As many other managers had problems with employees, I actually miss them. I say miss because I recently had to quit because my family and I had to move back to Va. The hardest part of the job was actually working with the general manager. She is an amazing woman but she usually got chaotic and began moving everyone all over the place during rush and made the environment frustrating and chaotic. Although this was hard, it was still manageable. This brings me to my favorite part of the job, my customers. I LOVE the customers, meeting new people everyday to seeing the "regulars" everyday made my day. They were always so nice and I rarely had any mean customers come my way. I love to make them smile and laugh. I also loved to help them out and push them to trying our new items. They loved me because I was always honest no matter the sales, if something was distasteful to me,  more... I told them. I had so many people tell me it was the best taco bell restaurant they have ever been to and that made 8.00/hour worth it. However, I do seek for more than that. I do not want to settle and that is also one of the reasons I am applying for this job, better opportunity.  less
Pros
free meals, easy money, amazing customers
Cons
no moeny, benefits, recognition, nor
Productive fast pase job with every day challenges
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 27, 2015
A typical Day at Tacobell, well for Shift Leads the day always constantly changes defiantly keeps you on your feat, the day start with counting drawers and then the safe inventory counts, then you look too see who’s off when if you have everyone you need for the shift after making sure your well staffed according to your labor report, you drop your food according to how the day business is going.
From then on it really depends on who you have on your shift and what strengths they have as a manager you can pick any position costumer service steamer but correctly you are suppose to spend 80% of your time expediting making sure your team is running well and that the costumers get accuracy and quality food under the times required.
The hardest part of taco bell is not giving up, after a year of working there iv had times where iv been with only one other person handling rushes its though because you have to make sure you have all your food you have to make it stuff it roll it wrap it and head it out while the other person will just keep taking orders this is the most exhausting thing that could happened the only thing tougher is coming in for a shift with the aftermath of a shift gone wrong the cleanup is massive and if things get backed up you will be there till 3am cleaning.
The best part of the job is when you just know how to run a team honestly at the end of the day its fun because of the times it is thought or even when it’s just a good business day with all the right people we find ourselves challenging to do better so who can make food look better faster and finding
  more... new ways of teaching others things that they maybe don’t know we try and learn something new every day and trust me there is plenty to learn always  less
Pros
Hours always giveing if you are good
Cons
healtcare coverage is too much and the time spent there can be demanding and overwhelming at times
Always on the run!
Customer Service/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CASeptember 4, 2014
A normal day at work starts rather slow and easy. Gradually, it picks up and becomes very hectic. The best way to make it through the rush is to work as fast and accurately as possible, and step away to help others when needed. Do as many dishes as possible, sweep up in the back, or help clean up in the front, until another customer shows up. After the rush is the "recovery", where all the restocking and cleaning occurs, and not as many people come in. No matter what time it is, there is always something that needs to be done, and you can always improve. When all of the main tasks are finished, you look around for anything else than needs to be done. As stated before, there is always something that you can do. The most difficult part of the job is being ready for the rush. It's quite hard to mentally prepare for the rush. Once the rush starts, it kind of forces you to "get in the zone", if you weren't already. After the rush, it's all smooth sailing. The most enjoyable part of the job is finding a way to do your job better than before, and being recognized. Nobody has to recognize your efforts, if you are not recognized for your efforts, you should not get upset over it. Just carry on, and continue doing your best. Though, it always feels very rewarding when a manager or a customer is happy with you and tell or show you that they feel you did well. It will always be a fantastic day when that happens. This job has taught me about how necessary communication is at work, and how to multi-task. Multi-tasking is something that used to stress me out greatly, but now it is quite simple.Time  more... to time, I still have my moments where I get a little confused or overly stressed out due to multi-tasking at my job, but that is very uncommon. I cannot be anymore grateful for working at my current job. Being hired on and gaining plenty of experience has made me very happy, but I do feel it may be time to move on.  less
Pros
the experience.
Fun place to work with some diversity and friendly people.
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Ironton, OHAugust 1, 2014
A typical day at Taco Bell can be chaotic sometimes. There is constantly the rush to get everything finished, made, prepared, and out to the customers as quickly and efficiently as possible. The friendly employees and management can help to make this a more enjoyable workplace though so its not so bad. I learned how to work well with others and to respect your coworkers and management with this job. I also learned to respect and serve my customers and to right any wrongs made or to satisfy them when something occurs. We had a few cases of bad management with my time in this company but for the most part they were all very friendly and willing to try and work with all the employees. The coworkers are what held the place together. After you spend so much time in the store they become family and it helps you and the others to work together to complete tasks more effectively for the better of everyone. I still love and miss most of them to this day they are great people to know and work with. The hardest part of the job was getting through the super busy days or days when one or more people call off. This throws the whole process of store routine off and makes for a very hectic day. My way of coping with this was to set it in my mind to do the best job I could and to do as much as possible to help ease the workload on others and the store. Also, never complain, it only adds to the stress and hinders the performance of everyone as a whole. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you could speak to your coworkers and have true friendships and relationships with people you see everyday  more... and care about. That is as long as it doesn't interfere with the work pace and tasks at hand. The store has many great people that I would be proud to work with agian.  less
Pros
free lunches, great coworkers, good environment
Cons
busy days can be very hectic, call offs, hard work
Market Manager Taco Bell Corp Los Angeles, Ca. (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 10, 2013
I would start my day analyzing daily financial reports then I would send a team wide e-mail out to recognize top performers. I would also send individual e-mails out if there were any unusual issues with the numbers and alter my day based on the results of the information, this took about an hour. I would then set off to visit stores based on my planned schedule. At the store I would watch the DM perform their duties and coach them on ways to improve their productivity or coaching style. I would check the stores succession planning and training progress as these are keys to success. I would visit one or 2 store a day and shop stores through drive thru on the way home. When home I would complete any unfinished e-mail and check labor tables for execution. Once a week I would hold a morning meeting for the DM's where we would go over last weeks numbers, shops, promotions, and speed of service. At around 11am I would adjourn the meeting and shop stores between meetings. I would go with a different DM each week to observe their meeting with their GM's in the afternoon and give feedback on the shops I had performed between meetings. Saturday mornings I had a teleconference meeting with any GM's that were outliers in Labor or Cost of sales to see what plans were in place for improvement and give suggestions to help the stores. I learned the workings of a restaurant from top to bottom. Most of my team and my peers were promoted up through my market so we had a great relationship and a lot of fun. The toughest part of the job for me was the office work which is why I developed a system  more... to be caught up daily. The most enjoyable was seeing people, (some that started as crew members), develop and thrive and change their lives.  less
Pros
free meals, changes provided variety, autonomy, pension plan
Cons
market coach position eliminated for cost savings
Easy job if you do your part
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CANovember 10, 2014
Working at Taco Bell is easy if you don't mind working. The tasks are simple, the products are fairly easy to remember, and the menu is always changing, giving the opportunity to avoid boredom in the workplace.
A typical day at work:
Walk in, clock on, and take a look around. If there are any customers that need to be helped, help them. If it looks like a co-worker is struggling with a task or could use a hand, help them out. If everything looks under control, go over to the daily board to find out what your position is that day. For example, if your job is drive-thru, offer a break to the person currently at drive-thru, take over for them, and see if everything is stocked (i.e. cups, lids, straws, hot sauce packets, etc.). Make sure all the soda spouts are full of syrup and that everything needed is turned on and in working condition.

What I learned: The more you work at Taco Bell, the quicker you can become at performing the same tasks. When a large volume of customers comes in, and you are able to handle it all by yourself, that proves to be a huge quality, and management takes a liking to it.

The hardest part of the job: Sometimes co-workers will call out, or not enough hours remain on the schedule, or the head office thinks it will be a slow day, and you might end up short-handed. It can become very difficult to keep up with things when you don't have as many people there as you were supposed to.

The most enjoyable part of the job: Rewards are given to workers that can obtain good customer reviews. As long as you smile, are friendly, and do your job, it is easy to obtain
  more... these good reviews, and keep management on your good side.  less
Pros
50% off your lunch, up to $5. free drinks anytime, even while working. when new products come out, you are allowed to try it for free once.
Cons
10-minute breaks go very fast, large volume of customers, very fast-paced environment