Taco Bell
5,306 reviews

Taco Bell Employee Reviews

fast paced and friendly atmosphere
cashier/food prep/drive thru (Former Employee), tacoma,waJuly 2, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: irregular shift changes
A typical day at work starts with the manager giving all the employees a pep talk to boost our performance for the day, the food is prepped and we get ready for business, i learned to be a diligent hard worker and to also be quick and precise with every task i am handed.The management was great and they always made the employees perform better ,the co-workers are friendly, accommodating and a delight to work with, The hardest part of the job was multitasking and taking up other tasks however, the most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know that i help put smile on the faces of people and offering my help as needed.
Great Place to Start
Shift Lead (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 1, 2015
Pros: team environment
A typical day at work included: accurately managing safe, skimming employee registers, assigning task as needed, ensuring great customer service, completing inventory, solving customer complaints or concerns, training employees, providing supervision, completing food/drink orders, and ensuring team members are servicing patrons accurately and in a timely manner. I worked with the other managers and had open communication with both management and other team members.
Easy work enviroment
CREW MEMBER, (Current Employee), BAKER, caJuly 1, 2015
Taco Bell has been a great place to work I have learned more about customer service working in the public. Being part of a team to accomplish goals set by a team leader was made relevantly easy due to great team work and equal responsibilities.
Productive most of the time but needs work for them to be great
Cashier (Former Employee), Millersville, MDJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Lunch discounts, Long breaks
Cons: Sometimes management
Typical day for me was going there in the morning and sometimes it would be really slow, especially on rainy or snowy days, cleaning and stocking from the day before because the closing cashier didn't do it or there were some early customers and the person taking over until I got there didn't clean. Management needs work, and I say that because some of them don't want to do anything, they play around with the employees too much, or they just stand around on their phone. Some of the coworkers are ok, although I trusted them as far as I could throw them, all of them (managers included) talked about each other behind their backs and I don't think that is a way to run a restaurant. The most enjoyable part of my job is probably the regular customers that go in every other day and the hardest part of the job is when there is a line almost out the door and a bunch of hungry people. They really need to reiterate what is ok and what is not when it comes to some of the rules as well. You never leave on time either. You will most likely leave 10 to 15 even an hour after you were supposed to leave.
Good starter job
Shift Manager (Former Employee), FloridaJuly 1, 2015
This was a great job to have during high school.Advancement is very possible but only to a certain level. After becoming a shift manager, which doesn't pay as much as it should, it is very hard to move up any farther than that.
Good Place To Work
Team Member (Former Employee), Nelsonville, OHJune 30, 2015
This is a good place to work. I worked here and was always treated well with the customers and other staff members. Good pay and great benefits
Good environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 30, 2015
I have work for this company for over 9 years so that tells you that i absolutely enjoy what I do interacting with the customers,make deposits,scheduling,supervising others
fast pace can be hetic
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee), Kernersville, NCJune 30, 2015
taco bell is a fast food restaurant place what else more do i need to say great for working in high-school not if your trying to make a career although management positions be available may not be the type of work for some people but everybody different
hardest part of the job keeping up with a high volume store rate and commotion going on
Very active
Cashier (Former Employee), Paducah, KyJune 30, 2015
Stayed busy learned to keep a smile on my face even on my bad days. Management was nice about everything. Co-workers got along with everyone, The hardest part was dealing with angry customers. Most enjoyable part about this job is satisfying the customers.
A great place to work satisfying costumers and giving the best service
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Elmwood Park, NJJune 30, 2015
Great place to work interactive with costumers and employees and reaching the goals of the company.
Working at Taco Bell means loving the food, and joining a high-energy team. Whether it's at headquarters or in the restaurant, everyone is passionate about delivering the best, Mexican-inspired food.
Nice place to work with chances for advancment
Team Member Trainer (Former Employee), Hueytown AlabamaJune 30, 2015
Pros: Being apart of a great team.
Cons: Having difficult customers.
I operated the cash register, made food, handled money, and much more. I trained new team members to preform their job duties. I learned how to handle customers in an appropriate manner. I also learned how to preform my job duties that were acquired of me. I had three different managers that offered to train me in the management position. All my managers except one were very friendly and gave everyone a chance to better themselves. I had some co-workers that preformed work well and others who just wanted to play. The hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult customers ,but I learned how. The most enjoyable part of the job was being part of a great team and always working together.
It was a very fun working environment
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Waterloo, IAJune 30, 2015
Pros: enjoyable people
Cons: understaffed
I really enjoyed the people I worked with even though sometimes we were very understaffed we made it though every time! I learned that patience is a virtue.
Friendly environment
Cashier (Current Employee), Mobile, ALJune 30, 2015
working at Taco Bell is a fast paced environment everybody is moving at a speed of paste working around customers is not very easy because it is hard to please the customers you have to make sure the customer is satisfied with their order. I learned at taco bell how to provide customers with great customers service.
Very energized ,customer service based facility
Team Trainer (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 30, 2015
very great place to work; I learned how to understand customers needs; and how important it is to listen to the customer and make sure they're happy with service; so they continue to come back; The co workers were a treat to deal with, every one work together as a team to get the job done; The hardest part of the job was not being able to help someone. The best part was seeing the customers smile from experiencing such great service
Worked front counter and cleaned store and kitchen
Custodian/Front Counter (Current Employee), Madison Hts, MIJune 30, 2015
Pros: Work environment hostile at times.
Cons: Manager lacked soft skills at times and was very inconsistant in decisions regarding work rules.
I would sometimes fry followed by cleaning and restocking. This would frequently continue after going to work front counter.
learning how to work this thing
Cashier (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 30, 2015
Pros: good people
Cons: rude customers
My very first job ever!!!! Boy was i happy, but learning how to work on a taco bell register its not as easy as you think it is. you seriously have to sit down and take time to learn each and every code on that register. if not your gonna be entirly lost.
Only recommened if impovershed.
Shift Leader/Training General Manger (Former Employee), Chardon, OHJune 30, 2015
Pros: Stepping Stone
Cons: Long hours, horrible pay
This is a good job for a teenager but looses its usefulness long before you are considered an adult. This was especially tuff for me as I was definitely an adult at this point.
Taco Bell
Line Cook (Current Employee), Mint Hill, NCJune 30, 2015
A Taco Bell cook primarily works in the kitchen and prepares food for customers. Taco Bell cooks generally work on an assembly line and share cleaning responsibilities with fellow employees.
nice short term work place
Cashier (Current Employee), Columbia, MDJune 30, 2015
On a daily basis i greeted customers and collected payments for the customers orders some in the form of cash and other in the form of credit cards.
Fast Paced High Tension
food champ (Former Employee), albany nyJune 30, 2015
Always busy
Bad managers
lazy co-workers
worst job I ever had
fired me for standing up for myself
and told everyone I quit.

1 2 3 4 5

About Taco Bell

Taco Bell Corp., a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc., (NYSE: YUM), is the nation's leading Mexican-inspired quick service restaurant. – Read more

Taco Bell Salaries