Taco Bell Employee Reviews in United States

Found 7,519 reviews matching the search
Very Prodctive Work Place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCJune 8, 2016
The environment was very busy and stressful but also fun at the same time.
I quickly learned how to multitask
Management was great for my first year but after my 1 yr and 1 month mark management went downhill
My coworkers were fun to get to know
The hardest part of the job was hearing disappointment in the customers voices when we ran out of produce.
What I really enjoyed about my job was that I could be myself with all coworkers and customers
Pros
Job was secure
Cons
They did not like it when I had to call out to do school work
Great Opportunities, limited advancement
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Van Wert, OHJune 7, 2016
Taco Bell has provided me with great opportunities in my life time. They made me a General Manager of my own store 3 days after I turned 18. I do not know any other company that would have give me this opportunity and I am VERY grateful. However, I stepped down previously because I was working 100+ hours a week, and not seeing my children. This time around things are the same way, and I will not ruin my home life/lose my wife due to being over worked in a position where moving up is at least 10+ years away.
Pros
Atmosphere/Opportunities
Cons
Time given/limited advancement
The poeple you work with are fun loving poeple to be around
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Henrico County, VAMay 23, 2016
Im not going sit here and bashed them because every job has it downs when you work there. But I don't like the fact that you get paid so less to do all the work in there and I feel like the disrespect we get from customers that must not have a clue in the world how it is back there in kitchen or on the drive thru it can get very frustrating at times and the money they be trying to pay people is way low they don't want to pay nobody even when you quit they just take you off the schedule just so you cant get the unemployment
Pros
very well respected and clean envoriment
Cons
you pay for your lunch, deal with the disrespect from the customer and managers
It was ok
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Swartz Creek, MIJune 9, 2016
The environment was very busy and stressful but also fun at the same time.
I quickly learned how to multitask
My coworkers were fun to get to know
Pros
Always Steady
Cons
Had to fight for good hours
A fast paced work environment.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHMay 31, 2016
A typical day at taco bell would consist of co-workers arguing and gossiping. I learned how to stay to myself at this job. The management was horrible due to the fact that they were the main ones starting the drama at the job. Some of my co-workers were like family family, and some of them weren't. The hardest part of the job was being on a timer. The most enjoyable part of the job was the holiday parties that we had where we all could actually come together.
fun place to work
cashier/cook (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAMay 28, 2016
everyday i worked at this job we had alittle bit of people working and customers complaining about how slow we were with the order. and also the workers most of the time were sitting doing nothing or walking around making everyone else do the work. management was to soft on everyone. and they dont really work with school schedule they will cut your hours so much. i didnt enjoy this job but it paid the bills. and no matter what i kept a smile and worked hard everyday.
Making Tacos and Burritos
Cashier & Food Prep (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAJune 6, 2016
Our store is busy with customers from morning to night, and ive also learned how to work with a faster paste. The management could be better, but I see through all of there flaws and try to fix them. My co-workers are the best, they keep me energetic and make my work place an enjoyable place to work. People not doing their job is the hardest part, because picking up another persons slack is no fun at all. I really do get a kick out of making my customers happy and having them come back again.
Taco Bell is an entry level job that pays minimum wage. It's not the ideal job but may be perfect for some students.
Food Champion (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 24, 2016
While working at Taco Bell we had poor management, and too few workers. Most of the days were hectic because we were under-staffed. It was my first real job outside of school so I did learn some things about managing a store and work etiquette. The hardest part about the job, personally, was balancing work and school. I had mostly graveyard shifts for a time and was very stressful when the managers would't want to work with your schedule. The most enjoyable part was the variety of people.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Consistent
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New Milford, CTJune 12, 2016
What I liked about Taco Bell was the hours were consistent, and I pretty much had the same schedule every week. I worked from 36 hours to 40 hours a week... Not including the days I would stay late. I worked with the general manager from 6am from either- 4pm, 5pm or 6pm. I'd be lucky if I was given permission to get a break. That was the down side of working at Taco bell. That and the distance. All of my coworkers were very nice, we all got along- which is always nice! Working at Taco Bell I have learned to have patience with all different kinds of people, I have also learned to keep an open mind in certain situations.
Cons
No breaks. Distance.
Great people but not enough hours and no benefits
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Panama City Beach, FLJune 13, 2016
I would start by hopping on either line and help make orders if we were busy. That is pretty much it. All the food was easy to make and memorize. My co-workers were all amazing people. I couldn't wear my piercings which was a con but it was a great job. I miss it a lot and have been thinking about going back. I would do dishes and sweep when the floors were dirty and I would normally mop at the end of the night before going home around 10 or 11.
Pros
Good co-workers, free food, great management
Cons
Bad hours, bad pay, no benefits
Challenging and Informative
Team Member, Cashier and Food Preparation (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJune 2, 2016
I never had an exact schedule to work with or the same group of co-workers every other day. I adapted to the fast pace environment very quickly and effectively. I would follow sanitation requirements and practice customer service everyday. The management was very quick to solve altercations effectively while maintaining work flow. My co-workers were friendly and quick to answer my questions about the routines of their establishment.
A great fun day working
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 10, 2016
a typical day at Taco Ball would be making the food for all the customers we've had. I learned how to be faster in making the food and sharpen my multi-task. Management wise they all were friendly and considerate with my coworkers and I. The hardest part of the job is having to meet the time for having the food out. Most enjoyable would be when closing and cleaning when some of the managers let the employees play some music to pass the time also during the hours of working we can still joke about but always got our work done.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
work over load
Would not recomend.
CUSTOMER SERVICE/FOOD HANDLER (Current Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORJune 6, 2016
They do not care about you as a worker or person. They will ask you to work through your breaks, while 5 other crew members are literally standing around just trying to run the clock out. If you're one of the favorites, you will get to go home early everyday, call out 15 minutes before a shift change and not get in trouble, all while the managers are prohibiting anybody else from getting overtime so that they can get it all themselves. One of the worst places I have ever worked.
Pros
Literally none.
Cons
Everything.
Terrible place to work managers do not back each other up and crew memebers are allowed to cuss out the female managers the GM is gender biased
Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Beebe, ARJune 8, 2016
Not a good place to work. Managers steals from the safe lies to clients and refuses to temp food before putting it on the line and workers do the same. Had several complaints of cold breakfast food less than 15 mins after opening because the day shift guy wasn't properly cooking any of the food and had several sick customers on a daily basis as well as hardly anyone up there washes their hands or uses fresh gloves.
Pros
Cons
everything
Great Atmosphere
Service Champion (Current Employee) –  Citrus Heights, CAMay 30, 2016
Everyday is a fun day at taco bell. Me and the rest of the crew members know how to manage getting the job done, while making it a fun and vibrant place. As this being my first job i gained a lot of skills, such as great multitasking skills. My main job was to hold down the drive-thru cashier area, and i learned how to do multiple tasks, with a minimal amount of time to get my responsibilites done. I also furthered my social/ customer service skills by connecting with our customers on a friend bases.
A Good First Job
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Paradise Valley, PAJune 6, 2016
Starting at Taco Bell it was a bit rough, as any first job would be. I felt a bit excluded from others but felt more accepted as I grew. Work can be long and depending on how many employees are available, it can be a bit chaotic. Management can use some improving. Customers really made this experience great, as some would brighten up while speaking to us. Hardest part of the job can be lack of communication and the lunch/dinner rushes.
Pros
Free food
Cons
No breaks, long hours, barely any raises
Fast Paced & Understaffed
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Auburn, NYJune 18, 2016
A typical day for a cashier is stocking utensils, cleaning and taking orders all while following the correct procedures. I learned a lot of customer service skills by opening up to talk to people and taking care of customers' needs with a friendly attitude regardless of your personal feelings or the customers' attitude. It takes a lot to be nice to someone who is rude. It is very fast paced so its overwhelming at first because there is a lot to learn. Training employees correctly is something that needs improvement.
Pros
Employee meal 50% off for work days, flexible hours, and you can work as many hours as you want up to 40 hours
Cons
Understaffed
Friendly environment, a bit stressful at times, but very flexible.
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  6 Maple StMay 23, 2016
This was my first official job and I learned a lot about the restaurant business and about having a job. I sharpened the following skills, punctuality, professionalism, patience, work ethic, etc. My co-workers were amazing, they felt like my teammates and also made the job fun! Management was very understandable about personal situations and was flexible. Hardest part of the job was dealing with rude customers, but it helped me become a better worker. Most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers and management!
Pros
Great co-workers, discounted food, flexible hours
Cons
Occasional rude customer
Overall, was an okay place to work.
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  BothellMay 23, 2016
The environment can be very hectic and stressful and the job definitely isn't for everyone. However, if you can get over that and have a good crew, the job can be very fun and exciting!

Working in fast food will also teach you quite a lot, also, if you're willing to work up the ladder. Being a shift lead has taught me a multitude of skills, such as: money handling, how to order change for a safe, customer service skills with unsatisfied customers, how to manage a crew, etc.
Positive environment to work and socialize in
Cashier, Food Preparation, Drive-thru, Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Asheboro, NCJune 7, 2016
My time at Taco Bell was important for its constant need for production. As one of the busier fast food chains in the Asheboro area I was constantly put to the test to provide quality service at a swift speed. For this I have learned how to delegate responsibilities and prioritize time in the workplace and outside the workplace. Plus the employees I got to share my time at Taco Bell with showed me what a genuine and diligent work environment truly was.
Pros
Good relations with customers
Cons
The struggle for hours