Taco Bell Employee Reviews in United States

Found 7,360 reviews matching the search
Productive workplace.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond, ILMay 27, 2016
After ringing up the customers I would wipe down the front counter. Clean the lobby and clean the bathroom if I had time. Co-workers did not like to talk to me much. Also had to clean dishes when needed to.
Pros
Discounts on food
Cons
Not long enough breaks
Great place to work. Genuine team atmosphere
Facilities Maintenance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMay 27, 2016
The day starts when the phone starts ringing, witch is always very early. Typical day involves making sure my guys are all prepared and on the road to their first priority. It also involves helping my team in any way I can. Weather it is just a question from one of my guys, or I help troubleshoot a problem they are having issues with. This position is an everyday learning process. If I am not learning something new everyday, I am doing something wrong. That's the way I see things. I am a very outgoing person and I love dealing with people, especially my co-workers. The hardest part of this job is not seeing my family as much as I would like to, but most of that is my own fault because I am a workaholic. The most enjoyable part of the job is the variety of issues and troubleshooting of all equipment including HVAC/R, and as I said before the people are great.
Pros
Great people to work with, love the everyday challenges
Cons
very long hours, and not much time for family
good place to work
Luihn Four DBA KFC (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 27, 2016
good place to work good co workers lots of late nights and weekends lots of recoginition employee discounts flexible work schedule i had a great boss
Pros
days go by quick
Cons
lots of late nights
First job ever.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAMay 26, 2016
This was my first job so I learned a lot. From learning how to speak to customers and pitch sales to multitasking in a fast-pace environment to dealing with cash and working as a team.
productive, fun fast filled work place. Fun goal filled workplace.
1st Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atoka, OKMay 26, 2016
Taco Bell is a wonderful job opportunity. It's a fun place to work with daily goals to fill. A typical day at work would be opening the store and getting food ready for customers, hiring new employees,serving customers, truck orders, and meeting company goals. Taco Bell is a good first time job for students who are transitioning into the work force. Management is considerate of work/family needs and is willing to work around family/life events. The hardest part of the job at Taco Bell for me was seeing good employees leave, for whatever reason. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was meeting new people, getting to know employees and customers.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Because it is fast food service, having to work double shifts which could be 20hrs+
Teamwork is a necessity
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Peters, MOMay 26, 2016
Opening shifts, stocking prepping, handling monies, assigning tasks to individual team members, running numbers consistently, guest satisfaction, holding accountability, regulating all areas of the business. I learned time management, positive affirmation, etc. I have many co-workers, of all ages, I always strive to be extremely positive to help keep the job enjoyable for everyone. The hardest part of the job is running speed, having a guest place their order and receive it all in under 50 seconds for lunch or 75 for dinner and maintaining it, while keeping guest satisfied, is not an easy task. Most enjoyable part is helping young people grow to be efficient, as well as making guest happy.
Pros
benefits, 401k, bonuses
Cons
long hours, never knowing schedule for week until night before, never have and off day always going to work for something needed, not being able spend more time with my son, due to no set schedule or being able to plan around one
Grooming a child.
Cashier and food line worker (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMay 26, 2016
When I started at Taco Bell in 2005, I was 15 years old and still in high school. This was my very first job. I chose the summary title as grooming a child because that's exactly what transpired, getting me ready for the real world where having a job is a must to survive. The harsh but must needed reality of transitioning from a child to an adult.
Great people
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kingston, TNMay 26, 2016
it was my first job and it was a great way to make money and still lay sports and go to school i miss the people i worked with, they are made me feel like family
Great place for people who are looking to move up.
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  McMinnville, TNMay 26, 2016
Typical day includes high volume, and wokring under pressure.
I learned that if the team does not work together the shift tends to fall apart.
I was part of the management, and found that if you have a good relationship with the employees, it will make your job much easier.
My coworkers were goal orientated if the right manager was there.
The hardest part is trying to meet the needs of the customer.
The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to gain experience.
Pros
Free lunches, flexible schedule .
Cons
Long hours, no breaks for managers.
good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 25, 2016
worked here for so little time but i did like the people. very nice and helpful, fast paced so that was a plus for me
i also liked helping in the back and drive thru
new items.
Shift lead (Former Employee) –  Mission, KSMay 25, 2016
I like to have a good shift everyone doing their job and getting what needs to be done done. The hardest part of the job would be when theres a dinner rush.
Pros
food
Cons
short breaks
Great job for a starter
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMay 25, 2016
Fast paced environment, customer service friendly great management. Something great for someone fresh out of high schools or just a pt job.
Pros
discount lunch, variable schedule
Cons
long periods of standing
Fun workplace
Janitor and Cook (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NYMay 25, 2016
It was a decent summer job. Schedule began to change months later. At the beginning I was called to work most of the weeks, then during my last weeks I was called to work for two days a week.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short break
Terrible
Drive Thru Operator/Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 25, 2016
Coworkers were great but the manager was really unprofessional. The customers were rude and nasty and I basically did the managers job while being a regular crew member
Pros
Hours
Cons
Everything else
Taco Bell
Restaurant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Monroe, NCMay 25, 2016
I have learned a lot about management over my four years of working for Taco Bell. Taco Bell is a very detailed company. A typical day in the life of an RGM is overseeing all restaurant operations. Taco Bell has their advantages and disadvantages.
Very Stressful
Service Champion (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMay 24, 2016
Busy, stressful work place. Inconsistent timing of breaks. Working for long periods of time. Short staffed, Non-reliable people. Too much drama, The store manager promises raises but does not follow through.
my typical day at work
Shift Leader/Manager (Current Employee) –  Evans, GAMay 24, 2016
managing store getting food ready for day managing boxes in store working on cash register floor supervisor and train new hire employees.
great place to work
shift manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 24, 2016
learned a lot of new anf interesting things. I also met lots of nice people. I woiuld recommend any one of my friends to work at taco bell.
its a cool invirement
server (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, KYMay 24, 2016
I dont think teens should not work there they told me I had to stay untill 3 Am and let me mention I was 17 and I wasn't aloud to by law. but OMG I couldn't handle it.
Pros
food, getting to be around people
Cons
short breaks, the managers make the younger teens clean the bathroom and was dishes, ugh atleast i got paid.
Great work envoriment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSMay 24, 2016
When I come in I do my walk thru do my counts check my schedule and see if I have any call ins, place my people and everything run smooth. I learned a lot from working at Taco bell met great people. The hardest part was letting go off great worker. I loved my job going from a employee to manager was a life changing.