Taco Bell
3,722 reviews

Taco Bell Employer Reviews

Fun fast pace job.
Cashier (Current Employee), Lithia Springs, GAAugust 25, 2014
Pros: flexible scheadule
Cons: oily skin and smelling of fast food.
I like taco bell it is very organized as a company with strict guide line. I learned by watching others each company did not place me on the learning computer module which was hard for me. My manager is like a mother figure and with yell and get everyone into shape. the hardest part of the job is when other employees leave their position. I enjoy severing – more... people thats the best part of the job – less
took responsbilty, and leader ship
Drive-Thru Cashier (Former Employee), Standale, MIAugust 25, 2014
Pros: free pizza
Cons: peoples addittued
My co works usally liked me they would ask me to help them so i would the management was okay i learned to to controlled my addittued. my days were always funn. the hardest park of work was keeping up with orders and what i enjoyed the most was geting the job done.
I love working here. If they payed more than minimum wage it would be a career choice.
Food Prep (Current Employee), Lillington, NCAugust 24, 2014
Nothing's hard. just be there on time and be professional. its very fast paced.
Typically busy, but usually pruductive and fun at times
Team Member (Former Employee), Huntsville, TXAugust 24, 2014
We served costumers and cleaned during any extra time. I have learned how to work as a team and stay positive. As well as keep an easy work flow. Management was a bit off. In the 2 years I worked there I went through 4 General Managers, the fourth one stuck. My co-workers we very easy to get along with. We always helped one another when it was needed. – more... The hardest part of the Job was getting to the speed that was required to get orders out. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely getting to work with my team. My co-workers were very hard workers and we got along great. – less
Nice place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Omaha, NEAugust 24, 2014
Greeting customers, working cash register, working drive-thru, cleaning, and stocking. Gained experience in customer service. Management and co-workers were friendly and helpful. Balancing the drive-thru and front was the hardest part. I liked working the cash register and taking orders.
Food Sales
Team Member (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLAugust 24, 2014
Making all the food, taking order from customers. learned making fine Mexican food. Taking orders from customers. Hardest part of the job was the every now and again frustrated custumer. Enjoyable part of the job was happiness of the customer.
very professional
Service Champion (Current Employee), Portland, ORAugust 24, 2014
Pros: employee meals
Cons: serves bacon
Clock in, do your job, break out, break in, back to work and leave work happily
love working the team
Cashier (Former Employee), Hampton, VAAugust 23, 2014
∙ Assist customers with orders at counter and drive through area.
∙ Head of keeping the dining area clean.
∙ Cleaned the bathrooms, washed dishes, and taking out trash.
∙ Responsible for completing food orders.
∙ Replenished stock room with incoming inventory
Cashier/Food Preparation (Former Employee), Burleson, TXAugust 21, 2014
serve the customers while keeping the store clean and up to par. Management was great.
Taco Bell was an experience....
Summer Cashier (Former Employee), Olive Branch, MSAugust 21, 2014
Pros: discounts on your food
Cons: didnt get a break
my co workers was cool but my 2 manger was pain, i learned a good bit the hardest part of my job was trying to get the food together on a heavy day and they haven't trained me for it.
Great place to acquire customer service skills
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCAugust 21, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: 30 minute lunch, pay for foods, long lines
My day would start at 900a-400p. I learned to smile be prompt and to take care of each customer as if they were family and friends. My co workers were extremely helpful when I needed it. The hardest part of the job was not enough hourly pay. The most enjoyable was meeting new people and having great relationships with the regulars.
Fast-paced and fun work place
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 20, 2014
Pros: free food, paid vacations, set salary, 401k, insurence
Cons: no breaks, not a set schedule, 50 hour weeks, no paid overtime
When i come into work i always talk with the previous manager about the shift just to make sure things went smoothly , next i count the safe and give out breaks if needed and finally i get into my manager position which we cll the MIC zone. Being an assistant manager i am responsible for making sure the managers are doing their jobs and keeping the – more... customers and employees happy and ill admit the hardest part of the job is keeping customers happy . As an assistant manager i call back all customers who's had complaints and try to satisfy them. With patience and understanding i always try to make sure i dont hang up until i have fixed the issue. I have monthly one on ones with the employees to make sure they are happy with the new hires and that they are always comfortable in the workplace. I enjoy ever aspect of my job, its never a dull moment and i enjoy that the most. – less
People friendly environment with a fast paced learning curve.
Team Trainer (Former Employee), Elkin, NCAugust 20, 2014
Pros: lunch breaks, flexible schedule.
Cons: cramped working environment.
I believe that taco bell is a place that provides a sufficient, entry level work environment of the fast food type that creates positive customer interaction and problem solving techniques. I learned that you were to be punctual, attentive, responsible and able to handle the tasks that are needed to perform the tasks appropriately. All co-workers were – more... acceptable and able to perform the tasks with minimum prompting. The hardest part of the job was the times that the lunch hour got busy and co-workers and management had to really work on their communication skills and encouragement. The most enjoyable part of the job was the gratification of making a customer satisfied. – less
It was okay
Cashier (Former Employee), Bryan, OHAugust 20, 2014
Pros: there was never a bad day
Cons: no health benefits
It was fun to work with people that were older and around the same age. A lot of Joking around happened when we weren't busy and when everything was done that needed to be done.
Director of Operations not a people person.
Restaurant General Manager (Former Employee), Spokane, WAAugust 20, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: director of ops, told us the reason our labor % was so low was to cover hrly health insur then no coverage for them
Director of Ops not a people person, lots of scathing emails, rants about store performance, even when sales were up, labor costs down, customer rating were great and store was spotless.(we were best in the company at the time)

Don't ask for help with a problem, you'll just get told to figure it out.

During a typical day when I arrived at work I greeted – more... everyone on shift, inquired in how they were doing, did they need any assistance, checked progress and prep, coached or recognized performance, made sure things were running smoothly, caught up morning paper work, counted safe to verify funds and change needed, verified all cash drops individually, made out and entered deposits, filled out change sheet for bank, called in change order, did bank run, worked lunch rush, slide deploying where needed(cook, counter, drive thru), made sure breaks were given in timely manner.

The most enjoyable part about the job was interacting with customers and co-workers.

When you're managing primarily young people your job is to get them to be the best person and worker they can be. To improve their performance as well as their view of themselves, that's what makes it the hardest and the most enjoyable part of the job simultaneously.

Difficult job. I loved my team, great people, excellent attitudes, a lot of fun to work with. – less
Productive and extrict work place
Cashier - Daily (Former Employee), Wesley Chapel, FLAugust 19, 2014
I learn to comunicate with consumers ( costumers ) daily interact
comunication with co-workers
the most enjoyable part of the job is when everyone is connected and working together as a team
Typical day
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Macon, GAAugust 19, 2014
Pros: fun loving environment
Managed a staff of five or more. Id Check all staff for proper atiar and also check to foods quality and control including paperwork before taking over a shift. I made sure customers were happy and money was made
Productive environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Austin, TXAugust 19, 2014
Environment was very fast-paced and productive however, little help from management.
Flexible schedule, great people.
Team Member (Current Employee), Saint Peters, MOAugust 19, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, 1/2 off lunches.
Cons: angry customers, timed service, bottom-feeders
Because this is fast food, of course there will be bottom-feeders and teenagers working with you. However, a lot of personnel are smart and hard-working; people just trying to move up in the world with Taco Bell as a stepping stone. The management can make or break the company, and I'm proud to say that all of the store managers that I work with are – more... talented and experienced. You meet lots of people working here, and get to make a lot of people smile. – less
Fun workplace with a great crew
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ArkansasAugust 19, 2014
Pros: comp manager meals, multiple short breaks
Cons: no healthcare yet, standing for long hours
I enjoyed working at Taco Bell. The store manager was helpful in more ways than one.

1 2 3 4 5

About Taco Bell

Taco Bell Corp., a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc., (NYSE: YUM), is based in Irvine, California and is the nation's leading Mexican-style – Read more