Taco Bell Employee Reviews in United States

Found 7,748 reviews matching the search
great work place
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Cicero, ILJuly 28, 2016
train employees on register and also on the food table.i learned how to make the product at a quick pace but made sure each time everything was done correctly.My co-workers were very friendly and by me being the manager we got all are work done quick but it was always done right.the hardest part was learning how to deal with rude customers but it got easy the longer i worked there.the most enjoyable part was getting the customers their food and watch them be very happy they it didnt take long.
Ultimately, working for Taco Bell gave me much needed work experience and all my coworkers were very nice to work with.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Hill AFB, UTJuly 5, 2016
Typically, a day would start with me at the cash register and greeting people. Next, i would go back to the food line and make food ready to serve and even prep food to use later on in the day. Afterall, i would usually end by cleaning up the cooking areas and wash dishes. All my coworkers were very nice to me and were easy to work with. The hardest part of the job was just to try not get burned anywhere. The most enjoyable part was greeting customers and serving up food to the best quality.
Loved helping and serving people
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJuly 4, 2016
I was the GM at the Taco Bell that I worked at and I took it from being the worst in the nation to the top 5 in 6 months. It was very hard and I had to replace almost every person on my crew but in the process I developed a strong, caring and efficient crew. My customers became very loyal and loved that we would remember what they liked to order and had their order waiting for them by the time they got to the counter.
Pros
All my wonderful crew and customers
Cons
There really weren't any.
Overall working for Taco Bell has been a good experience
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Hercules, CAJuly 26, 2016
A typical day at taco bell as a closer there is seeing a numerous amount of cars and cleaning up at the end. What I learned there is how to work in the restaurant industry. Taco bell being a decently fast paced job taught me how to keep it moving and multitask more efficiently. While working there the manager at Taco Bell is really friendly I have no complaints about them. I do like the co-workers they are really friendly and nice. When working at Taco Bell as a cashier the hardest thing to deal with is the customers but that is also the most enjoyable thing seeing as you have some really nice customers.
Fun place to work but management needs work
Hospitality Manager/Customer (Former Employee) –  Sandy, ORJune 30, 2016
After being a busy cheerleader for over 5 years I got my first job at Taco Bell. Within the first five months, I was promoted to manager. I have gained a lot of manager experience and dealt with customer complaints, multi line phones, office and paperwork, filing and being the leader of a team. I left due to the higher management and the need for a pay raise to move out. It was fun, but I am looking for a more professional job.
Pros
free lunched
Cons
one ten minute break for working 9+ hours
Don't work for corporate locations. Franchise is much better.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 6, 2016
As a manager you are not permitted any time to develop your people. You are making tacos all day and are basically a glorified team member. The DM's and above drive you like slaves providing little to no support and only pick at what you are not doing well at vs celebrating what you do well. Turnover is insanely high because of the stresses related to the job. Unless you are with the in crowd your career will go nowhere. Far too political especially over the past two years.
Go to work for the franchise operators. They are much more realistic regarding expectations and recognize their people.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
You are worked like a dog.
Upbeat work environment
Team Member/ Crew member (Former Employee) –  Garner, NCJune 26, 2016
Taco Bell is a fast food restaurant, so the environment is very upbeat, most of the time its fast pace. Being that it was my first job, I learned a lot over a course of a year that I've been working there, I learned communication skills, customer service, money cashing experience, etc. I loved working there, but the management was unorganized sometimes so the staff would be extremely short if the schedule wasn't made in the correct way, or the schedule would change at the last minute other than that there wasn't anything that's too hard to learn.
Lively environment, very diverse and interesting.
Service champion (Former Employee) –  Kansas City MissouriJuly 26, 2016
A typical day at work would have a least 4 to 5 rushes that day. I learned superb communication skills and learned to multitask very well. Management was no good in the first 6 months of working there, then new management came and things got a lot better. The co-workers were for the most part decent. The hardest part of the job was when someone would call in while we were in the middle of a rush. The most enjoyable part of the job to me was interacting with the customers, I learned a lot from them as well.
Normal and expecting of duties.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 11, 2016
After I clock in, I prepare to start my assigned work duty for the day. Usually, its working on a food line of cleaning floors and washing dishes. I learned more about the product Taco Bell serve people. My manager wasn't as professional as I expected, but it didn't effect my work. Co-workers had their ways at times but it never bothered me. My hardest part of the job was keeping up on the food line when I started working until it became easy. My most enjoyable part of the job was always night shirts, I don't know why but it just felt better at night.
Pros
pay check
Cons
short breaks, no benefits
coworkers were interesting to work with
food handler/cashier (Former Employee) –  Washington, PAJuly 8, 2016
hardest part of the job was the food line although i have worked on a trayline before this was more extensive considering i was making food that i have never eaten to know what all consisted in the product.
the most enjoyable part was connecting with the co workers since it was in another area i didnt know anyone i worked with.
A typical day consisted of running the register and cleaning the front area and doing dishes when not busy...other days i worked the line putting food together and stocking the area for the next crew...sweeping and mopping as well.
Pros
next to mcdonalds for lunch
Cons
half an hour from where i lived
Good fast food job
Cashier/ Food service (Former Employee) –  Greendale, INJune 30, 2016
I loved working with my coworkers and management at this location, I worked at another location and it wasn't well staffed or cleaned. Would have worked here longer but the pay was bad and so was the raise. I worked there for over a year and only made 7.55 an hour. when I started out working there I only got paid 7.25, after a year of working there i got a .30 raise but i had another job opportunity that offered 8.25 and the management wouldn't work with me so i had to leave.
Pros
free food, very flexible with your schedule
Cons
short breaks if you even got one
Management exeperinced
Shift lead (Current Employee) –  Russellville, KYJune 30, 2016
I was a manager for a little over a year here. Wonderful place to work and great management. Hardest part of my job was the randomness of my work days. Some days we would be shorthanded or machines all seem to break but other days my shifts were a breeze. Also its easy to move up in the company as long as you have a good work ethic. Only reason I left was the unpredictability, great lack of benefits and overall wanted a more set schedule.
Pros
employee meals
Cons
lack of good benifets
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bridge City, TXJune 30, 2016
Working there was both rewarding and grueling at times. I worked at front counter and had trouble balancing the tasks of maintaining the cleanliness of the whole dining room as well as taking orders up front with both fast and friendly service. It was challenging to always get the front counter orders right in the middle of a rush because my only chance to get it right was when I repeated it back and if a customer didn't listen to me repeat their order then it didn't always come out as they desired. In order to correct a mistake I always asked management to help and we would replace their order in a friendly fashion.
Pros
Working in a fast and friendly atomosphere
Cons
I didn't always get a lunch break
A job like no other
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Traverse City, MIJuly 2, 2016
While I feel that the concept of Taco Bell will continue to evolve and change, I don't believe that growth is one of their better qualities at this job. For nearly 10 years, I've been in the "trenches" on the floor, and feel like sometimes, no matter how much I try to continue to grow, the company or a particular part of the company will not allow continuing growth. If growth happens, this franchise will be more successful.
Pros
Great wages, good benefits
Cons
High insurance costs, no recognition
Fun place , great for building customer service skills
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 6, 2016
I really enjoyed working here and it built great character and customer service skills. I enjoyed engaging with the different customers and the regular ones. I had a real close bond with my managers and co- workers. Several of them I became friends with outside of work as well. The hardest part of the job was Learning all the stations at my own free will. Most enjoyable part was the experience itself as a whole
Pros
Co workers were like family, discounted food
Cons
Having days off
Learned alot, had fun times and worked with a great crew.
Lead Cashier and Team member (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAJuly 6, 2016
After working at one location I had to go to another location to do some training. There I learned how to take orders, work front counter and drive thru. To used my friendly attitude towards customers and became a lead cashier. I also helped on the food line in rushes and completed the food prep for the next rush. The crew at the new location I was training with were funny, inviting and helpful. I learned to encourage others and help when I could. I learned how to open and close the store. Overall, l it was a simple and satisfying job.
It's a good place to start working at
Service Champion (Former Employee) –  San Dimas, CAJuly 6, 2016
A typical day would mean having to open and close a drawer for your use. Then follows an entire shift of taking orders and handing out food. Management was great and worked with your school schedule. Co-workers were fun and kind. I learned how to multi task well. Hardest part of the job only comes when it gets terribly busy. Most enjoyable part would have been the fun parties that the store throws for holidays.
Pros
half off lunches
Cons
unless full time no benefits.
Great working environment!
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTJuly 8, 2016
A typical day at work, is going to work to make the typical orders that the customers order constantly. I would go wash my hands and sing happy birthday in my head twice as I was told, and went to my station and prepped food that was order dealt with complaints if anyone had a mistake of course, but It wasn't always so horrible. It just kinda sucks being the one whom cooks, clean and prepares everything for the next shift and the cashiers would just take orders, and text in the break room.My most enjoyable part in my day is making the customers satisfied!
Pros
Free Lunches and drinks.
Cons
Making food while being pressured and watched.
Diversity
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Franklin, INJuly 12, 2016
Even though it was hard work I did enjoy working at Taco Bell. Some of the people there were my friends. I was a Shift Manager who was a single mom and had to work nights and weekends even though I did not have anyone to watch my preteens. They ended up getting into trouble with the juvenile authorities. My boss would not help me by arranging me to work days only, while the other shift managers who did not have children was able to have the day shift and no nights and weekends. Taco Bell did not work with me on my job/life balance. So I had to find a different job that would let me work days.
Pros
Some good friends and customers
Cons
No job/life balance and no appreciation for good work
Lively and fastpaced, easly enjoyable workplace
Cook (Former Employee) –  Fishkill, NYJuly 12, 2016
Staff was eager to teach new employees and everyone worked to help each other throughout the work day. Management did great behind the scenes work as well as keep moral and energies high. Day in and day out were average while closing tend to be the most rigorous times to work. While simultaniously closing was the most enjoyable because everyone was energetic and ready to get the days work finished effeiciently and quickly to cap off a day well worked.
Pros
full menu choices for lunch
Cons
older machines

2.9