Taco Bell

5.6K reviews

Taco Bell Employee Reviews

First Civilian Job
Cashier/Team Member (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 26, 2015
Cons: Did not offer full-time or benefits.
Customer service skills were greatly improved while working in this fast-paced environment. Management was great at taking care to meet employee and customer needs.
very unstable work enviroment
Cashier (Former Employee), South Boston, VAAugust 26, 2015
Pros: customers
Cons: bad management
I did what i had to daily but working with others who aren't pleasant or don't want to work affects the work place! I greet, smile, take orders, make orders, pass orders out,and clean.
Productive/ Caring for customers
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Winder, GaAugust 26, 2015
Working in the fast food environment has opened the doors in regards to customer service and caring for customers. It has shown me that caring for customers and making sure they are served and attended in the right manner, assures that they will continue coming back because of the excellent service provided. I've also had to make sure the restaurant kept running in a very fashionable manner while, also making sure that the stores money was all there.
Difficult to move up into Managerial Position
Service Champion (Former Employee), Cypress, CAAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Awesome coworkers that are cashiers
Cons: No benefits, Poor pay, Hard to move up
I worked there for 3 and half years without a raise or given a managerial position. I worked as cashier and I helped as a line cook. It was difficult sometimes because customers believe their always entitled to be right. Working as cashier for a fast food restaurant definitely is mentally and physically tiring.
Shift Manager
Store Manager (Former Employee), Lauderdale Lakes FloridaAugust 25, 2015
Responsible for assisting in the management and operation of the restaurant. Train, motivate, and develop team members. Ordering of food and supplies, cash close outs and daily deposits. Provide and ensure customer service and satisfaction. Ensure compliance with Taco Bell standards.
Just dont do it!
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), Tempe, AZAugust 25, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: everything you can imagine
Worked at a corporate store. The corporate executives do not foster a fair, and fun working environment. Management works a minimum of 55 hour weeks and the pay is not fair. Also, be prepared to work midday shifts that will cause you to work literally all day. NO work life balance.
Don't work here
Shift Lead (Former Employee), Oakland, CAAugust 25, 2015
Very hard to move up, when you do, you give up any type of life you have outside of work. They set unrealistic expectations from managers and expect numbers to meet. If you work in an area, such as Oakland, it is almost impossible to get numbers for customer satisfaction because no matter what the employees do to "go out of their way" for the customer, it is never good enough. Some of the stores I have worked in are literally falling apart. One store that I worked in, the roof caved in and the District Manager wanted us to still keep the store opened. Sometimes that shift manager is the only one working when employees walk out, the general manager never comes in to help out. Most of the general managers are too young for the position and treat other employees like they are nothing and talk down to the older employees.
No it isn't the Mexican phone company, but a great place to work.
Training Manager and district Manager (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Free food, great fun with customers and Employees
Cons: Long hours
I managed the daily operation, to make sure that the high quality of food was coming in and going out, were the best products possible. I learned all about the fast food business and how to generate high profits, through total control of all aspects of the business. later I trained new managers and eventually, became the district manager for more that 10 stores, in the Albuquerque area I had great fun with my employees, as we tried harder and harder to make the customers experience fun and quick, with only the best of everything provided. Long hours was the hardest part of the job. But, I enjoyed my Customers and Employees.
Fast food in a fast town
Team Member (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLAugust 25, 2015
This position was near one of the most populated colleges in the state of Florida. It wasn't that bad and it was rare that they understaffed. Usually, the store was busy but it was never overwhelming.
very fun and productive
Cashier (Former Employee), Monroe, LaAugust 25, 2015
Pros: great place to work!
Cons: messy enviornment
A typical day at work contains doing all of my work and a few of the other workers job. I show that i have manager skills and can apply them at any time. At Taco Bell, you can learn a great deal of new things, especially how to manage time with productivity. I really enjoyed my experience.
all
manager (Former Employee), Anniston, ALAugust 25, 2015
Iliked my job but the people there made is horrible. So I left cause they didn't wanna work around my school. It is a ok comapny to work for but I hated it.
Great co-workers and supervisors
line prep/crew member (Former Employee), Clarion, PAAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Free meals, flexible hours
Cons: short breaks
I worked this job while I was in college to help with books and to keep gas in my vehicle. I worked the morning shift as a crew member on the line. My co workers were easy to get along with and my managers were flexible to my school schedule. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing happy customers.
Taco Bell Review
Acting Shift Lead (Former Employee), Cross Road, TXAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Free meals
Cons: No advancment oppertunities
Good starter job, friendly co workers and management, did not offer many advancement opportunities or raises, very quick paced and days went by fairly quick.
the best part of my job was the customer interaction seeing a smile on their face always made me happy
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Allentown, PAAugust 24, 2015
Pros: customer loyalty
Cons: health benefits are not available to part timmers
working at taco bell taught me that team work and communication is the most important part of the job cause if we dont work as a team and communicate effectively we would not be able to provide our customers with great products in a timely manner .
Best first job someone can have
Food Prep (Former Employee), Robbinsville, NJAugust 24, 2015
I enjoyed every part of it. Management treated me great, the environment was great. Wasn't easy dealing with every customer but it helped me how to handle every single customer. Learned a lot on how to communicate with customers.
Busy and fast paced enviorment
Cashier (Former Employee), Paradise, CAAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Gained experience, learned to work with customers, worked with my schedule
Cons: unorganized, policies below standards of what are expected in the food industry
First job that I got a good amount of customer service experience from. Very fast paced. Missing a day of work for sickness was not an option here which I do not agree with as this is in the food industry. Scheduling was never the same therefore making things difficult at times. Management was a little un organized but all in all great team to work with.
Terrible workplace with terrible management
Team member (Former Employee), American Fork, UTAugust 23, 2015
The management were disorganized and rude to their employees, expecting everyone to work perfectly all the time. Horrible place to work.
Productive, clean place to work.
Cashier/Customer Service/Cook (Former Employee), Hazard, KYAugust 23, 2015
A typical day at work was getting all the food ready for the shift change, cleaning our hands and putting our gloves to be as sanitary as possible for the customers and their food. working in fast food is hard but can be very rewarding if you allow it to be. For the most part the co workers were very respectable and easy to work with. The hardest part of the job was trying to keep a smile on yourself and others when orders got wrong or customers were not as happy and you would have liked them to be.
Easy and productive workplace
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee), Monroe, NCAugust 23, 2015
Pros: 401k, free lunch, advance pay
Working a Taco Bell was a very easy job for me i learned how to work well with other employees to get work done faster. My managers where very great individuals to work with and very understandable There wasn't a hard part of working at Taco Bell it was a very easy job to perform i didn't have any complications at this job.
Fast passed and busy
Cashier/Drive Thru (Former Employee), Ravenna, OHAugust 22, 2015
Pros: $5.00 free lunch
Busy. Sometimes want you to come in early. Management was over worked and sometimes had to figure stuff out on your own. The food accuracy was off.
Headquarters