Taco Bell Employee Reviews in United States

Found 7,907 reviews matching the search
Quick paced work and ensuring tasks and management procedures are fulfilled to fruition.
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Grover Beach, CAOctober 7, 2015
Overall, it is an OK job. I have tried to move up in advancement and acquire a better salary, but i have tried too hard and ready to find a career i am proud of to work at and get paid well for my hard work. The environment is OK i must say, there is some fun and a good laugh here an there, but that is not enough. I also do not enjoy favoritism, which seems to be the thing in some restaurants. I am a manager who wishes to just do my work as best as i can and give 110% to everything i do. Another good thing is that you can truly connect with a good amount of people you work with, as it is a small area and a lot of interaction goes on. I do not wish to say anything negative, but i must say that the amount of work done in the place is not equal to pay. I just wish to get paid well and love my job.
Pros
Free lunches, stablility, full-time
Cons
No advancement, favoritism, not a lot of appreciation.
TacoBell
Food Champion (Current Employee) –  Greenville, TXMarch 22, 2016
Good work enviroment just not enough benefits or room to grow and pay not to bad, but overall a good company and has potential to get bigger
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
not enough pay
Interesting place to work!
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJanuary 11, 2016
The management was exceptional, they were very helpful at times, but mostly had other people do all their work for them. Regular employees were not offered benefits or overtime and advancement opportunities are not there at all.
Fast paced job in fast food
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOMarch 5, 2016
This company requires exceptional customer service and the ability to learn quickly. It requires workers to be able to think fast and work faster.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
benefits and pay
Horrible experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJanuary 1, 2016
A typical work day would be ringing up customers, preparing food, and washing dishing.
This job helped improve my customer service skills and the ability to multitask.
The management was horrible and talked down to employees.
The most enjoyable part of this job was building a relationship with customers.
Pros
Cons
No benefits
Very busy work area as situated in a mall. But is still fun as there is good relations with the coworkers.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Fair view mall, Don Mills , CanadaNovember 30, 2015
Fun place to work. very busy and continuous attention is needed. should have independent working capabilities. Should have knowledge to make own decisions. should be flexible and deal with the customers. should be fast and responsive during the peak rush hours. Should be self motivated. i learned a lot from this job. i learnt to organize and develop my skills as i worked here.
Cons
deduction of salary for break, should buy you own shoes and uniform .
Very fun place to work.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INJanuary 28, 2016
General customer service job expect a lot of grunt work. Overall if you like dealing with a lot of people then this is the job for you
Pros
Discount on food, very flexible scheduling
Cons
Not really any benefits, management
Love taco bell
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 5, 2015
I worked at Taco Bell for a little over 2 years and I absolutely loved everything about my job. I loved what I did, who I worked with, and even loved the food! Usually when you work at a fast food place you will never want to eat there again, but not with Taco Bell! We were always friendly and we really were a family. We would have fun and listen to music and tell jokes while preparing food orders for the customers. The customers would even join in on our conversations. The ONLY part that was not that great was the pay. You usually make minimum wage when you are first starting out. They usually give raises in $0.15-$0.20 increments.
Taco Bell
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXFebruary 23, 2016
I liked working for this company they have flexible hrs, good employees & decent pay. Everyone works as team no matter what station your at !!! Friendly environment overall very chill job.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
No benefits
good compony to work for
manager (Former Employee) –  Paintsville, KYDecember 17, 2015
drama lol. don't judge people for who they are. you can't help on how they are raised. everything that happened on your shift is ur responsible for it. team work is the best the best way to run a shift. You can't satisfy every costomer but there always right.
Pros
free lunches. and got to pick our days off if open
Cons
not getting that many hours
A fast paced environment
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INJanuary 15, 2016
This was a decent career with a good salary and great benefits. Everyone worked as a team to accomplish drive thru goals. Working with this company was fun.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
standing up for 10 hours or more
I give the company an overall 3. Lacking in long term commitments with employees
Front End Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVOctober 26, 2015
My review of Taco Bell (at least the one I work at) is a wonderful place to work. I have been there for almost 8 months and I've developed my own clientele of regulars. I've won the "Voice of the Customer" award for the past 5 months in a row and was Employee of the Month for August.

I train the new employees on the register, cleaning, stocking, problem solving and keeping the right attitude. And I thoroughly enjoy it. However, Taco Bell does not pay well. And there are no benefits for employees unless you are an assistant manager or higher. It's not a long term commitment for most. I am looking for a company with a long term commitment. One that pays a decent wage and affordable benefits.

The hardest part of my job is trying not to cry when I get my paycheck! Ha!

The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to talk to my customers and getting to know them and what they do or did for a living.
Pros
1/2 off lunches, great boss.
Cons
no benefits, sometimes no breaks or late breaks
A lot of potential but falls short
Crew Member/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXSeptember 12, 2015
There were no real typical days as your position in the store depended on the crew structure, the part of day and where a person was comfortable/experienced. This was another job that honed my time management especially in drive thru. I was cross trained on all of the stations which was great for job diversity. The management changed quite often due to the stress from the upper management and owners, my co workers changed out often, too. As with many food service jobs the turnover rate was rather high. The hardest part of the job was having to continuously adjust for loss of of labor. The most enjoyable pat of the job was the co workers.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
No real benefits, high stress for mediocre pay, no real way to advance in most cases
Productive place to work
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Hartsville, SCNovember 9, 2015
A typical day at work for me is very fast past. Making sure everything is stocked and ready to get the customers out on at a timely manner. I learn on a day to day how to work as a team and how to have great customer service. I love my co-workers and together we get the job done. My manager is great at what she does and very understandable to our needs. The hardest part of my job is working with no benefits. The most enjoyable part is being able to say i have a job.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
short breaks, no healthcare, low wages
Good place to work. Fun but challenging at times
SHIFT LEADER (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CASeptember 30, 2015
On a typical day at work I usually start off by doing a shift change by counting inventory for our mainly used food items and ending it by counting all the money from our safe. As a shift leader, my required tasks are to supervise team members to ensure that everything is going well. Sometimes I help by filling in on the cooking line or on the register in rush periods. Throughout the day, my shift also consists of taking temperatures of the food, making sure that our dining room is neat and organized, giving breaks to employees, and ensure that everyone is giving great customer service.
Pros
Learn basic skills for future jobs, 50% discounts
Cons
No benefits, No recognition, rude customers
Fast pace
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAJanuary 13, 2016
A typical day at work was fast paced and exciting. We were on a busy intersection so it was never a dull moment. I learned how to motivate employees to do there best. It was also a parade route so you can imagine Mardi Gras season.
Pros
great people
benefits
Fun No advancement
Cleaning Cpt (Former Employee) –  Albany, OROctober 12, 2015
Well I worked for the company before 2 years before I went back. I was not allowed to advance nor did I get the yearly raises that I passed evaluation.

Cleaned all the area of the store, also took out fryers, also cleaned warmer where hot food was placed, and would clean light fixtures drains etc....

The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing there was never a dull moment. And truly a clean store is a successful store.
Pros
No Pros
Cons
No advancment, no employer and employee friendly
it's fast paced, and always busy
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIOctober 24, 2015
I began working at Taco Bell while still in high school, and up until I was promoted to assistant Manager, I never though that I would get as far as I did. That is a great accomplishment for me, not to mention that all of the people that I have worked with are very nice. I only left there to earn more money, and have great benefits.
Pros
Free lunches while working, and discount meals outside work
Cons
Upper management was unorganized
Decent for a first job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Los Banos, CAOctober 27, 2015
Management was okay. Customers were flippy, some days were better than others. Co-workers were like costumers, some days better than others. There was little to no advancement, no benefits other than to say you had a job. It was a good way to learn responsibilities as being reliable, and working under pressure.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Lack of motivation in coworkers
Hard working crew, fun environment
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 31, 2015
Co Manage 1.5 Million Dollar Company. Responsibility was for most was making sure every customer would return. Responsibility was also make sure weekly schedules were complete a week in advice, provide and manage all cash control, P&L, Manage Food Cost not only on weekly basic but daily basis. Responsible for training for all shift leads, and crew members. Manage up to 33 crew members. Insure Food Safety guideline are followed at all times. Responsible for all payroll for all management and crew.
Pros
Free Lunch, Great day
Cons
Being salary working 50+hr and only getting paid for 40. Late night, to time to spend with family.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Taco Bell. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9