3,531 reviews

Taco Bell Employer Reviews

Great Experience
Shift Leader (Current Employee), Collinsville, ILJune 29, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere, discounted lunches for employees, free lunches for managers
Cons: little to no benefits, unpredictable schedules
Working at Taco Bell is a great experience for anyone. Your average day consists of either taking orders for customers, making the food orders, or sometimes both. The management team at Taco Bell is exactly what it should be, a team! They work together and have great communication skills. You can tell they really care about their employees. What I've – more... enjoyed most about the job is meeting all of the interesting people, from coworkers to customers. In my opinion, the hardest part of the job would be either dealing with angry customers, or making large orders in under 70 seconds. I've learned a lot from Taco Bell though. One of the main things I've learned is patience. Not everyone catches onto something the first time they are shown or told. Sometimes, you have to be patient with the person you are talking to in order to make sure that they fully understand what they need to be doing, or how much a cost increase it will be between items. – less
overall a good company
Cashier/Food Champion (Former Employee), Albany, GAJune 29, 2014
it was my first job, so it taught me a whole lot as far as responsibility and customer service
Team Members are like family
manager (Current Employee), El Cajon, CAJune 28, 2014
i would like to get a job that pays better and offers benefits
Very hard place to work if not local
Crew Member (Former Employee), Redding, CAJune 28, 2014
A typical day her was being disrespected and told rudely to do things that were others responsibilities. I do not mind helping co-workers or even learning a new part of the job, but these people were a tight nit group and would be disrespectful to new comers. Also, the only reason they would make new workers do there job is because they thought it was – more... funny to not have to work and watch someone else do it. – less
Fun to work. I knew taco bell like the palm of my hand
Cashier (Former Employee), Portland, ORJune 28, 2014
Pros: free food even if i wasn't working that. also free food for the people that i went with.
Cons: the pay and management
I had to make sure everything was stocked and cleaned. Wash my hands and take customers orders. Cleaned a mess if someone left. Sometimes i made the food. Took my break and than take orders and leave for home.
I learned how to really multitask. Having to count the customers change while having someone telling their order to you ( drive thru ), is hard – more... at first BUT you learn easily!
Management was okay I guess. I really think it was unfair how I would always get called in if someone didn't go work but all my 2 years working there i only got a raise to 2 cents. I did everything.
Co workers were really nice and easy to get along with! I would definetely work with them again!
Hardest part was probably taking orders. Some customers took forever and always changed their orders. You have to have patience with the older folks because if you don't get their order right they won't hesitate to tell you!
Customers! I enjoyed when people would come in and greet me by my name. Have good conversation as if i knew them forever. – less
Day at Taco Bell
Customer Service (Former Employee), San Angelo, TXJune 28, 2014
Pros: free food in a fifteen minute break once a day
Cons: short breaks not enough pay, drama
A typical day at work included setting up the store. Frying the food, and cooking the food. I learned how to fry foods. My management people were probably the worst people I have ever met. I was there for eight months and never went further than the drive-through. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the drama from management. the most enjoyable – more... part of my day was leaving work – less
Shift lead manager (Former Employee), Flint, MIJune 27, 2014
I worked at taco bell for 4 months before i was promoted. I loved that job. I was also a team trainer.
Family like work environment
cashier (Former Employee), Dayton, OHJune 27, 2014
Pros: friendly atmosphere
Working at Taco Bell was kind of interesting. The people were nice and helped me as I learned how to do new tasks. I liked being able to bond with fellow employees because it gives the job a warmer experience.
Cashier/ Team Leader (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 26, 2014
Pros: easy tasks
Cons: short breaks, little pay, no benifits
I had fun working. However never could fully pay the bills. The people you work with can be fun. The customers are mostly always rude! Just because they think its just a floor scrapping job. However it is a good starter job.
fun work place
Part-time Cashier (Former Employee), CaliforniaJune 26, 2014
take orders refill condiments management and co-workers are great i learned to work on the food line the hardest thing is to know every ingredients the enjoyable thing was learn different things
wonderful company
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 26, 2014
taco bell makes you feel as if you are apart of their family. there was plenty opportunity for advancement.
Great place to work.
Crew Member (Former Employee), North Canton, OHJune 26, 2014
Had a great experience. Everyone was nice, pay could have been a little better.
Good first job but ready to move on
Shift Manager (Current Employee), Lodi, CAJune 26, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: bad compensation(pay)
I am the shift manager at Taco Bell. I oversee food production, give out employee breaks, handle cash, handle customer complaints, and count inventory. My management and coworkers are very enjoyable and easy to get along with. The hardest part of my job is the fast paced environment. The easiest part of my job is making the food.
fun place to work...love seeing all my customers face
Hospitality and Customer Service (Current Employee), palmetto,flJune 26, 2014
A typical day at work is fun, becuase im an outgoing person and I believe work can go by fast when you enjoy your job. All my co-workers love being around me because I'm entergetic and funny. The most important thing is that I will always make sure my customers are well taking care of.
Great first job
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), Abilene, TXJune 26, 2014
Pros: employee discounts, good pay, good hours, fun place to work
Cons: insurance sucks
Goo environment to work. Store managers are great. The area coach can be a hot head.
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Modesto, CAJune 25, 2014
Pros: interacting with customers
Cons: no benefits
I started at this company as a dishwasher and worked my way up to management. The process helped me understand each part of customer service.
I really liked it
Crew member (Former Employee), Hornell, NYJune 25, 2014
Pros: 50% discount, good managers, good hours
Cons: weird hours, rude customers
People say fast food is the worst job you can have but you get to interact with so many people and do so many things. I enjoyed it
N/A
Cashier/ Cook (Former Employee), Rowlett, TXJune 25, 2014
Nice people it was a pleasure to be around all the people there.
Great Environment
Customer service (Former Employee), Winchester, VAJune 25, 2014
A typical day at work is taking orders and keeping the lobby clean and in order. I enjoyed the interaction with the customers
Horrible
Cashier, Line, Food Prep, Order Taker (Former Employee), Plainfield, ILJune 25, 2014
It doesn't matter how hard you work you will never move up unless you are a favorite. Work ethic and quality mean nothing at this place. The managers are lazy and affect others lives in the worse way. Absolutely Heartless

About Taco Bell

Taco Bell Corp., a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc., (NYSE: YUM), is based in Irvine, California and is the nation's leading Mexican-style – Read more