Taco Bell
5,489 reviews

Taco Bell Employee Reviews

Great environment great managers
Crew (Former Employee), Coopersville, and Allendale, MIJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Great management, Customers
Cons: Hours lacked
I liked working at Taco Bell.
I liked the managers, the co workers, and especially the customers. I worked at slower stores, at Coopersville and Allendalle. At Coopersville I got the opportunity to work with an awesome general manager who after about a year went back to her store. People still talk about how she made a difference in their lives, and she was only at Coopersville store for a limited time. I was not in management, but I think they would have trained e if I would have asked. The hours were getting really bad, everyone got cut down almost to nothing, and I have 3 children. That is why I left and went to Burger King. I think I would have stayed if they could have afforded to give everyone the hours. The hardest part of the job, was sometimes with the Coopersville crew the did not want to work together, and the attitudes and personalities clashed, and tension was in the air. I started at Coopersville, and went to Allendale when they opened, and went back to Coopersville. The Allendale store had it to together. Everone took the time to communicate with everyone so there was no confusion. The general manager in Allendale was a great girl, who was strict, and really knew her stuff, but was a great manager. She worked hard, so the crew wanted to worked hard with her.
Not a career
General Manager (Former Employee), Sapulpa, OKJuly 27, 2015
Pros: fun work place
Cons: most everything else
Low labor percent to work with
Customer base is not good
Overworked for little compensation
The people were fun to work with
Upper management did not care for team members
Fun work place but not enough hours
Crew Member (Former Employee), Massena, NYJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Free drinks
Cons: didnt get enough hours
A typical day at work included me working on the cash register up front or the drive through, doing dishes, cleaning the dining area, and helping my co-workers when they need help. I learned how to deal with people better. Management was ok. My co-workers were fun to be around and were very friendly. The hardest part of the job was learning how to work the cash register. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to surround myself with happy, friendly people.
fast paced work environment.
Trainer (Current Employee), Daytona Beach, Fl.July 27, 2015
Pros: I work Monday through Friday and have the weekends off.
Cons: I don't get paid enough.
I open the store and a list of things that I have to do in a certain amount of time. You have to be able to work fast in this type of environment, but efficient as well. It's not hard working with my fellow employees and the customers are usually satisfied. The hardest part of the job is probably trying to find things to do during the slow time, but there's always something to do. I love working with my co workers, we're like a family and don't have a stressful work environment. I've done some shift leading so, I know how to do deposits, inventory, assign registers, labor check etc.
Very fast paced and stressful work environment.
Cashier (Former Employee), Oceanside, CAJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Free drinks, 50% discount on food, Free $5 meals for being employee of the month along with 2 movie tickets
Cons: No benefits, minimum wage pay, worked right under full time, short breaks
Most days working here were just fine or even good but there were quite a few that didn't go so well either. Some of the managers did not like me very well so they would give me a hard time which I felt was quite unfair. Most managers were busy for several hours. The hardest part of the job was dealing with customers who would argue that they knew our menu better than the employees and complain about it. I enjoyed being in a place that required teamwork, when you get the right group of people working together to achieve a goal it works out really well.
Fun workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee), Yonkers, NYJuly 27, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: long hours
this was my first job in my whole life , but it was a good experience . I loved the managers and the hours were amazing and the customers were very nice
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Fort Gratiot, MIJuly 27, 2015
This place is a great place for a starter job at being a cashier. Definitely a job for people right out of highschool or in highschool!
Great faculty and staff
Service Champion (Former Employee), Pell City, ALJuly 27, 2015
Tacala was a great company to work for. The faculty and staff were very nice and helpful. It was an over all wonderful company to work for with great employee values.
sucks
Service Champion (Former Employee), new jerseyJuly 27, 2015
sucks pretty bad lol dont need 120 words to exlpain it all you do is cook food or take orders, never any space for advancement
Decent workplace
Team Member (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VAJuly 26, 2015
They were able to work around my school schedule. Friendly atmosphere. Good management and training program. Coworkers were kind and helpful.
not really inton the line production
Line Cook (Former Employee), Shreveport, LAJuly 26, 2015
Pros: food is awesome
Cons: not enough space for all employes
not enough space for everyone to be standing while the are in a production line to make the tacos, its good food but to much paced in an assembly line
It was a good expeirence
Team Member (Former Employee), Leesville, LAJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Discounts on the awesome couture.
Cons: Not enough hours to work
I had the thrill of working with this company. I loved how we were like a family. We got along well. I can not think of a bad day at the job.
Fast pace and everyone is always busy.
Crew Worker (Former Employee), Altamonte Springs,FLJuly 25, 2015
The place was fast pace and everyone was busy. People kept doing something and always knew what to do. Store was constantly cleaned and everyone was treated with respect.
fun
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), Kenner, LAJuly 25, 2015
very fast pace work environment with good co workers on my shift, management allows me to hand pick my crew for the most part and train others so they can work with me best part of this job is that my crew and i get along and work well together.
IT'S A OK PLACE TO WORK.
Cashier (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 25, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: NO BREAKS NO RAISE NO APPRECIATION OF THEIR EMPLOYEES
crew members are very rude! They will yell and the management will talk to you any kind of way like your stupid!Never have my food like I order it! I will never eat there again! I always go thru drive thru and the cashier is always respectful...she's short dark African American with beautiful short natural curly hair! She deserve to be manager.I see coworkers give her a hard time.I hope she finds a better position and leave them soon.
Great Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Bryan, TXJuly 25, 2015
this was an amazing experience for me and really learned a lot from customers and employees. I was looking for more hours and hope that this company is doing great.
Productive and Fun
Line Cook (Former Employee), Hurricane, WVJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Discounted food
Cons: Smelling like Taco Bell all day
I saw a great opportunity for career advancement and here. You can be yourself and enjoy work to its fullest ability. The hardest part of the job was the lunch and dinner rushes.
Good People, Poor Management
Service Champion (Current Employee), North Royalton, OHJuly 24, 2015
Pros: $3.75 worth of free food, free drinks, good breaks
Cons: favoritism in management
Overall, Taco Bell was a great place to work. The people were friendly, the staff was fun, and the workplace was generally nice. My only problem I had was my assistant manager. She hadn't liked me from the beginning, but recently her resentment for me strengthened for some reason and she began cutting my hours and treating me like I don't exist. As much as I hate drama, this is something that I can't tolerate so I started asking around as to why she would do this. What I got in return was my general manager protecting her and saying that I shouldn't get involved with the drama. So I am trying to find a new job and move on with my life.
very laid back and easy job
Shift Leader/Manager (Current Employee), Tucson, AZJuly 24, 2015
Pros: fast advancement
Cons: not enough hours or wages
One of the worst job experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Buena Park, CAJuly 24, 2015
I really disliked working here and its not because of the things they had me doing but because of the management it was really horrible. Wouldn't post the schedule of the days you were going to work and you always had to call to see if you work that day. Sometimes they wouldn't even answer the phone because they thought it was a customer that was calling to complain about an order.

About Taco Bell

Taco Bell Corp., a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc., (NYSE: YUM), is the nation's leading Mexican-inspired quick service restaurant. – Read more

Taco Bell Salaries