Taco Bell Employee Reviews in United States

Found 7,924 reviews matching the search
Loved the staff, not too bad of a place to work.
CREW MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Pataskala, OHJune 26, 2016
Typical day wasn't terrible. Clock in, and check the chart where you would be assigned for the day. If on register, wait until a manager got a till counted and ready for you to use either on front counter or in drive thru. If it was on table, wash your hands, get gloves on, and jump on table where assigned and begin helping with orders. If on backup, then you just wait to hear things to be dropped in the fryers, or do dishes, clean up the area, stock shelves, etc. Management wasn't the best, constantly getting new people as the GM but they did what they could when they were around. Some better than others, others more hard working than others, but the managers were what really kept the place up and moving.
Productive Work Place but lacked efficient management
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAJune 8, 2016
My typical work day was busy and I learned how it was to manage a shift, but the way my manager ran the store was poor. Instead of following by the book, we had to take short cuts to make the work day go smoother with less complications. I was taught to do things the right way in my previous jobs, so I was not very comfortable with having to do everything with only half the effort. The employees and coworkers I worked with did their jobs the best to their ability. The hardest part of working for Taco Bell was having to take so many short cuts instead of doing things the way they're supposed to be done. The thing I loved the most about my job were the customers; I loved seeing the smiles on their faces because I had met their needs.
Pros
The customers
Cons
The management, lack of benefits and having to do things their way instead of how their supposed to be done.
Productive and Fun place to work
Cashier/Team Member (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 15, 2016
Great place to work, with good people, the only problems I had was the Management was unorganized and the pay was really low.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
No Breaks, Poor Management and Long hours
taco bell / kormex foods
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 1, 2016
Kormex Foods is the main franchise in houston. If you do not speak Spanish. Don't bother. You will not fit in. It did not bother me about the hours, even though 50 hours straight, open and close, even your day off your recovering trying to adjust your sleep only to go and open. The balance of home life is not good. Its all Taco Bell.

My biggest issue is the Kormex Way which is not Taco Bell way, they over prep food, long hold times, and they constantly change the dots to over extend food time. Reason. You will get in trouble if you have to throw out food. So i question dont over prep. What does that get you. Your a trouble maker for asking questions. They do not operate the Taco Bell way. They have a shady way of doing business.
Pros
manager meal
Cons
never breaks, never lunch hour, 10 hours straight non stop.
Was a negative area to work
Team Member Employee (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 6, 2016
a Typical day at work consisted of doing your assigned task and when you weren't busy doing your task you would branch off and get other little things done. What i learned was to communicate with customers and help them, to be able to make food, to move at a fast speed. Not all of the management were doing their jibs the correct way, but 2/5 would do the job correctly. My co-workers varied, majority were lazy and constantly in the break room on their phones, but their were a few including me who would be in non-stop movement looking for the next thing that needed to be done. The hardest part of the job was handling an upset customer. The most enjoyable part of that job was to get certain things free and to make friends with the people i worked with in and outside of work.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
30 minute break if you worked 6 or more hours
Worst job ever
Service champion (Current Employee) –  Clark County, WAAugust 17, 2016
Absolute worst job I have and will ever have! I don't get paid enough to clean the disgusting stuff I do. They make me clean mold, dust, garbage cans without gloves or washing my hands and then they make me turn around and make freezes for people and give customers their food! How disgusting and unsanitary! I deal with the rudest customers as a cashier when taking their orders and cleaning up after them. The management is so unbelievably disorganized and harsh to the employees! And my coworkers are all dramatic and gossipy as if they're high school mean girls.
Cons
No free food, only one 10 minute break per shift, rude customers, horrible management, disgusting food
summary of the job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Arvada, COMay 30, 2016
The day starts at 7 am to 10 pm. I learned customer service, money, and prepping. The management was supportive and flexible with work hours. There was paid vacation after a certain amount of work days. In the morning, grills were turned up to proper temperature, the place was clean and stocked, the food was prepped, money was counted and assigned to cashiers. I learned customer service skills, how to deal with an angry customer, keeping the place clean all times, cashier and drive thru, made orders on a computer, greeted customers with a smile and outgoing energy. The co-workers worked as a team to complete the order, but sometimes it was hard to complete the job when some workers was absent or late. The best part of the job was a free lunch given on your break.
Pros
cross-trained, flexible schedule, safety, friendly, paid vacation
Cons
healthcare, short breaks, conflict, promotions
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bridge City, TXJune 30, 2016
Working there was both rewarding and grueling at times. I worked at front counter and had trouble balancing the tasks of maintaining the cleanliness of the whole dining room as well as taking orders up front with both fast and friendly service. It was challenging to always get the front counter orders right in the middle of a rush because my only chance to get it right was when I repeated it back and if a customer didn't listen to me repeat their order then it didn't always come out as they desired. In order to correct a mistake I always asked management to help and we would replace their order in a friendly fashion.
Pros
Working in a fast and friendly atomosphere
Cons
I didn't always get a lunch break
very stressful
Food Artist (Former Employee) –  Pell City, ALJanuary 25, 2016
while working 12 hour days at only 7.25 an hour, the long, stressful high pased and restless days were not worth the low pay. some days i ( a 16 year old a the time) was working more hours and multiple shifts than the managers that were employeed here. while going through one day at work, there would be multiple managers complete their shift. and while working these long hours, i was allowed 1 break and 1 lunch.
Cons
had to pay for own lunch, long hours, very low pay, no respect.
Don't work for corporate locations. Franchise is much better.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 6, 2016
As a manager you are not permitted any time to develop your people. You are making tacos all day and are basically a glorified team member. The DM's and above drive you like slaves providing little to no support and only pick at what you are not doing well at vs celebrating what you do well. Turnover is insanely high because of the stresses related to the job. Unless you are with the in crowd your career will go nowhere. Far too political especially over the past two years.
Go to work for the franchise operators. They are much more realistic regarding expectations and recognize their people.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
You are worked like a dog.
productive, fun fast filled work place. Fun goal filled workplace.
1st Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atoka, OKMay 26, 2016
Taco Bell is a wonderful job opportunity. It's a fun place to work with daily goals to fill. A typical day at work would be opening the store and getting food ready for customers, hiring new employees,serving customers, truck orders, and meeting company goals. Taco Bell is a good first time job for students who are transitioning into the work force. Management is considerate of work/family needs and is willing to work around family/life events. The hardest part of the job at Taco Bell for me was seeing good employees leave, for whatever reason. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was meeting new people, getting to know employees and customers.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Because it is fast food service, having to work double shifts which could be 20hrs+
great workplace
Team member (Former Employee) –  North Providence, RIDecember 9, 2015
Good Company. Compensation was substantial. The part i enjoyed most was working with good people and being team member and growing with the company.
Diversity
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Franklin, INJuly 12, 2016
Even though it was hard work I did enjoy working at Taco Bell. Some of the people there were my friends. I was a Shift Manager who was a single mom and had to work nights and weekends even though I did not have anyone to watch my preteens. They ended up getting into trouble with the juvenile authorities. My boss would not help me by arranging me to work days only, while the other shift managers who did not have children was able to have the day shift and no nights and weekends. Taco Bell did not work with me on my job/life balance. So I had to find a different job that would let me work days.
Pros
Some good friends and customers
Cons
No job/life balance and no appreciation for good work
fun
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  kahuluiOctober 18, 2015
fun learning experience. learned how to deal with tough orders/customers. learned how to train employees, learned how to be efficient when it is rush hour. learned how to work with others including management.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no room for growth or raise
Fun place to work. Lot's of great people.
IT SUPPORT (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 13, 2016
Handle 40 to 50 calls a day troubleshooting Restaurant IT equipment such as Cisco Routers, Point of Sale software, and PC with either Linux or Windows 7 OS.

I learned how to troubleshoot Taco Bell Proprietary software as well as exposed to fast pace customer service.

Co-workers are amazing people to work with. Very team oriented. Sensai structure to help new analyst grow.

I enjoy most about the job is the satisfaction to resolve a severe issue that would otherwise prevent a store to function and hearing the gratification from the customer.
Pros
Free snacks and drinks. Great exposure to technology
Cons
Job is being outsourced
Taco bell
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 31, 2016
The company it great to work for if its Corp store they pay more for management and upper management will help you to move forward in your career with Taco Bell. Also I really hard work and little pay for management if your not a corp store.
Pros
Great with promo
Cons
How you qualify for health insurance or vacation hours
Fast pace environment
Food Services (Former Employee) –  Bristol, PAMarch 19, 2016
A typical day at Taco Bell consist of me, Preparing food then making the food. I also cleaned the work area along with cleaning the customers eating area. I would deal with the customers, taking orders at the register; making sure they got the right order. I learned how to work fast pace and how to work well with others, including the customers. My co-workers were friendly it was a good environment to work in. The hardest part of the job was the long hours. The most enjoyable part was making sure the customers were satisfied.
Overall working for Taco Bell has been a good experience
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Hercules, CAJuly 26, 2016
A typical day at taco bell as a closer there is seeing a numerous amount of cars and cleaning up at the end. What I learned there is how to work in the restaurant industry. Taco bell being a decently fast paced job taught me how to keep it moving and multitask more efficiently. While working there the manager at Taco Bell is really friendly I have no complaints about them. I do like the co-workers they are really friendly and nice. When working at Taco Bell as a cashier the hardest thing to deal with is the customers but that is also the most enjoyable thing seeing as you have some really nice customers.
coworkers were interesting to work with
food handler/cashier (Former Employee) –  Washington, PAJuly 8, 2016
hardest part of the job was the food line although i have worked on a trayline before this was more extensive considering i was making food that i have never eaten to know what all consisted in the product.
the most enjoyable part was connecting with the co workers since it was in another area i didnt know anyone i worked with.
A typical day consisted of running the register and cleaning the front area and doing dishes when not busy...other days i worked the line putting food together and stocking the area for the next crew...sweeping and mopping as well.
Pros
next to mcdonalds for lunch
Cons
half an hour from where i lived
Very fast paced and stressful work environment.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAJuly 27, 2015
Most days working here were just fine or even good but there were quite a few that didn't go so well either. Some of the managers did not like me very well so they would give me a hard time which I felt was quite unfair. Most managers were busy for several hours. The hardest part of the job was dealing with customers who would argue that they knew our menu better than the employees and complain about it. I enjoyed being in a place that required teamwork, when you get the right group of people working together to achieve a goal it works out really well.
Pros
Free drinks, 50% discount on food, Free $5 meals for being employee of the month along with 2 movie tickets
Cons
No benefits, minimum wage pay, worked right under full time, short breaks

2.9