Taco Bell
5,085 reviews

Taco Bell Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Cook & Cashier (Former Employee), Baldwin Park, CAMay 8, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: low salary
This job was fun, learned a lot of leader ship skills, but the management was also horrible. I had 3 different store managers in the period of me working there.
Fast paced environment focused on aesthetics and uniformity
Team Member (Former Employee), Oakhurst, CAMay 7, 2015
Pros: 50% off lunches
Cons: not having free lunches
After finding out what it is I was doing that particular day I stayed in that area from clock-in till clock-out. Worried more about how things looked than how things functioned, we were technically not allowed to deviate from the task at hand, however I ended up doing just about everything in the store all day every day. I learned how to successfully deal with people no matter how rude and no matter how I felt that day. The management varied from day to day and thus every day was different depending on who your MIC was. My coworkers were quite negative and did not care much for hard work unlike myself and I often found myself being scolded for being "too hard" on my coworkers, asking them why they were standing around with their hands in their pockets while there was a dozen people's worth of work to be done. The hardest part of the job was probably working ill or under the weather, you generally had to be practically bed-ridden to get out of working any particular day. The most enjoyable part of the job was having my hard work recognized by customers who noticed I went above and beyond expectations from the company and the management.
Fast paced enviroment
Shift Manager (Current Employee), Spartanburg, SCMay 7, 2015
Pros: Great work enviroment, fast paced so time goes by quickly
Cons: No promised bonuses, rare promotions within
Taco Bell was my first job ever!! Not hard to catch on to. After 3 months as a cashier I was moved to the line. Shortly after that I was promoted to team trainer. I took some time off when I had my son and I started back 10 months later. After of a year of being back I was promoted to manager. I've been training to be a RGM for the past 5 months
not very exciting. Repetitive movements.
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Radcliff, KYMay 7, 2015
I personally had taco bell as a side job and that job alone helped me support my family. yet i never had a home life due to minimum hours given per store.
presentable work
CREW MEMBER (Former Employee), Dayton, OHMay 6, 2015
Pros: Everyone got along and we got to try new items
Cons: Hours were not consistent
the job and position was enjoyable. I was able to get along with everyone. There was always something to learn. Hardest part about the job was that there were always new items to learn about.
good job
Cashier and Cook (Former Employee), Corning, CAMay 6, 2015
Pros: Got half off the food
Cons: not enough pay
It's a good work environment for people to work in and I liked it very much there was good employees that worked there along with management it was a great job.
Fast pace work place with a safe enviornment
Cashier (Former Employee), Marietta, GAMay 6, 2015
Pros: 50% of discount
Cons: to many breaks
When I arrived to work fellow co-worker would greet me. Then after I clocked in I would ask one of my mangers what was the plan for the day, they would tell me and I would get right to it. My position was being a cashier; the responsibilities included greeting customers, answering questions about the menu, taking orders, and also to maintain the cleanliness of the dining area. In my opinion I don’t think there was any hard part of working at taco bell everything was well explained to me. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able in communicate with others.
A good company to work for
Team Member (Former Employee), Lumberton, NCMay 6, 2015
I enjoyed working at Taco Bell and it was fun making the different food items on the menu. Working at the pay window, I met a alot of people. I enjoy talking with people.
Team trainer
Team Trainer (Former Employee), Laurinburg, NCMay 5, 2015
No Benefits. No paid vacation. Good for high school students. Team workers ere friendly,. Mostly peaceful environment.
i was young when i started working here so it was an okay job for me
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Springfield, TNMay 5, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: sometimes we didnt get breaks
Making food taking orders setting goals and leading. co workers were cool well some, hardest part was when taco bell is very busy and half your shift didnt show!
shift lead
Shift Leader (Current Employee), Richmond, TXMay 5, 2015
You have to work at Taco Bell to really know what goes on. the people are friendly and helpful. the hardest part would be trying to mange time and people to get what is best for the business.
a typical day is easy unless the forecast is busy on special day like spring break.
overall satisfaction 1-10 5
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee), Newnan, GAMay 5, 2015
Pros: great celebrations birthdays sharing food occasionally
Cons: Not always able to take break or lunch as needed
Taking on a lot of the workload not being able to be rotated around enough favoring certain people over others people were nice and really enjoyed the hospitality of the place
Taco Bell
cashier food prep (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 5, 2015
Pros: meeting great team players
Cons: not enough hours
taco bell is a great place to work with lots of fun an friendly people to work with to be an they can teach you alot about how to be a good team player
fun place to work
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 5, 2015
Fun place to work and if management was sitting everyone was sitting. If work needed to be done then it got done. It was very nice to work with people that realize that many hands make for light work.
great
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Shreveport, LAMay 5, 2015
You can get free food, freedom to make your own flexible schedule.

They allow a flexible schedule, company values and they are understanding of personal life

Cons..Always on your feet no breaks, always dealing with customers, very long hours at times
"Management is lazy and the pay is minimum wage for nearly every other employee"
nothing work hard
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Easton, PAMay 5, 2015
Pros: there was no pros
Cons: there were 40 min breaks due to labor cost
tocobell everyday was a work hard day. Making sure every customer was satisfied was a hard task but nothing i could not handle. The management team was harder to deal with. all new managers that was promoted with no clue of being a manager, but we still worked hard and helped them out.
Great Job for fast food
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Norwell, MaMay 5, 2015
Pros: Free dinners
Cons: Some days are more stressfull than others
The work place was a good place to work every employee was willing to help each other so we could reach our daily goals and to keep the work place safe.
Productive and a lot of fun
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Athens, OHMay 5, 2015
Pros: 50% off(crew), Free Food(Management)
Cons: No Healthcare
A typical day starts out getting to work and clocking in with it being slow and then the day jumps up to being really busy usually an hour before Lobby close and then Thirty minutes before Drive-thru close. I learned more about managing my time, trying to run a shift, taking care of customer complaints, a lot on customer service, multi-tasking, and running a register. The management was alright for they kept everyone on task. The co-workers were all pretty fun and enjoyable with all there joking, helping, and making you feel wanted there. Although there were times when they were the complete opposite.

The hardest part of the job was trying to increase my speed to try and match the other workers. This was definitely the hardest part mainly because of me usually being relaxed and passionate. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely being able to get people laughing and smiling regardless if it was a co-worker or customer. The laughter made it feel more like home.
Productive work place
Prep Food (Current Employee), Royal Palm Beach, FLMay 4, 2015
Pros: Team Work
Cons: no cons
I was able to provide excellent customer service. I was able to assess complex situations and formulate solutions. I was also able to utilize my skills, experience, and leadership strengths to enhance the quality of the company by keeping with the mission statement of the organization.
Fun job with fun crew members
Crew Member (Former Employee), Reno, NVMay 4, 2015
Pros: 50% off on all food items
Cons: Understaffed half the time.
Taco bell has an overall fun atmosphere. It did for me anyways. What made it fun was the employees. I would definitely work there again.

About Taco Bell

Taco Bell Corp., a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc., (NYSE: YUM), is the nation's leading Mexican-inspired quick service restaurant. – Read more

Taco Bell Salaries