Taco Bueno Employee Reviews in United States

Very fun and fast paced.
Cashier, Food Prep, Cook, Trainer (Former Employee) –  Owasso, OKJuly 12, 2016
The managers here were very caring, gave you benefits if they saw you worked hard enough, helped you with a flexible schedule and were unbelievably understanding.
Pros
Half off of everything sold to employees, substantial breaks, caring managers
Cons
The greasy food would make your face break out.
Awful!
Customer Service/Fast food (Former Employee) –  Del City, OKJune 29, 2016
They have a very high turnover rate. Play a lot of games that does not pay enough. Took to long to certify me as management after completed courses.
Pros
Decent back setup
Cons
They store was gross
Fun place to work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXJune 22, 2016
A typical day at work for this job was steady most of the time. I had a good crew i worked with. I learned how to cook different meals and prepare orders. Wasn't anything really hard about this job.
Great place to start in the retail industry.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXJune 7, 2016
Managed front cash register and assisted customers with any questions. Cooked food for restaurant and served to tables. Cleaned the restaurant in a orderly and neat fashion. Managed drive through and took customer orders.

Learned level entry skills in the fast food industry.

Management could use some work. Often was disorganized and stressful, creating a unfriendly environment to other workers.

Coworkers were a mixed bag. Some were very friendly while others were unenthusiastic about their job.

Hardest part was dealing with unfriendly managers and co workers. Creating a stressful job environment more than it needed to be.

Serving food to customers and learning more about the fast food and restaurant industry.
Pros
Great entry level in the resturant industry.
Cons
Unfriendly co workers, poor management.
Stressful Environment
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXJune 2, 2016
The store was extremely low on managers. Employees were unreliable. Half of the equipment in the store was out of order and broken. I was able to learn to keep things running even in such a poor working environment. For those reliable employees I was able to build great relationships that I have even today. I would say the hardest part was working with the lack of order that came from the lack of managers that were available and being so short handed. The most enjoyable part I believe were the people.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks or none at all
a fun and challenging place to work
Senior Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJune 2, 2016
Taco Bueno is a great place to work with opportunity to grow in the company if you work in the larger market areas, the biggest downside is the pay is not competitive at all.
Fast pace job with a beautiful lobby to maintain
Cashier (Former Employee) –  White Settlement, TXMay 23, 2016
This was my first job and I really learned a lot. I learned to work fast and efficiently and most importantly there is never no work to be done.
good company
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 16, 2016
i like the interaction with the regular customers, it allowed me to be able to get to know them personally and make each visit personal to them
Pros
free food, interaction with people
Taco Bueno
Cashier drive through cook (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 1, 2016
I closed multiple nights in a row and it soon got to me. I love the people there but I have been working there for a year and still havent gotten a raise.
Pros
free food
Cons
short breaks
Great first job to start your managemant career with .
General Manager and Multi Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Owasso, OKApril 3, 2016
Taco bueno is a fun and family oriented company to work for and the district managers are great to work with . Great guest were you get to know the people that come in to taco bueno
Great for a first job, but not somewhere you'd want to stick around too long
Crew Member/Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, TXMarch 28, 2016
Taco Bueno was my first real job that I got in my Junior year of High School. The first year working there was great, I had a lot of fun with all of my coworkers and the overall environment was awesome. I actually looked forward to going to work everyday. After about a year though, a lot of people started to leave and new employees were being hired that weren't very good at catching on to the responsibilities of the job. Once I became a shift manager after my first year, everything started getting pretty bad. A lot more responsibility was put on my shoulders, more than should have been for a simple shift manager. Shifts were very understaffed and there were nights i had to work until 3 or 4a.m. when closing. The stress level increased dramatically and i didn't have fun working there anymore. So after a total of two years, i decided to finally leave and move on to a better job.
verry perfessional
Lead Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 30, 2016
even being there for three years you have the ability to rank up but under specfic details you must meet. managers did not recieve bennifits, and it was riguourous hours, typically ranging over 50. so made it hard to have a life. advancement was hard, and at $.25 for when you advanced from employee to management. due to the quarterly raises. management did their best on monitouring big issues. but the schedule. so if there were important days neededof it was a daily task to remind employees
Taco Bueno Summary
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXJanuary 18, 2016
The specific Taco Bueno on S14 I worked at had poor management, so it was difficult to work there. The hours were poor, and what little I was given was badly given to interfere with my school. Some coworkers weren't bad, I enjoyed working with them, and then others were the complete opposite, I couldn't stand working with them. The environment didn't keep me from working hard and making the customers happy though, and that's what I focused on.
Pros
some co-workers, some customers
Cons
some co-workers, some customers, hours, management
No Comment
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 11, 2016
No Comment. All right this company I feel is not a company that's not looking out for it's employees and it's management team. It's run by It's stockholders...
Pros
free food
Cons
no way to make bonuses
Good first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hewitt, TXJanuary 6, 2016
This was my first job.

Pretty easy work hardest thing was being on the hot food line all day.

When i was working there we didn't have many employees so i always got good hours.

job pays minimum wage but as a high school student it was a lot.

Job was kind of unorganized management wise
Pros
easy job
Cons
really hot in the kitchen
Treat employees with disrespect
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 21, 2015
Working at Taco Bueno was a learning experience.I learned how to take criticism and use it to better myself. I was treated just horribly by the managers but I pulled through for over a year until i just couldnt take it anymore.I would not recommend working at Taco Bueno to anyone.
Pros
Free food
Cons
No breaks
Productive and fun working place.
Fast Food (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXDecember 14, 2015
I would go to work in a happy go lucky mood but if the manager was being rude or picking favorites like he did then it would make me a not so happy person not toward the customers but towards him. I learned responsibility and hard working skills from this job. I liked it very much but I wasn't given enough hours to even put gas in my vehicle. The most enjoyable part about it was happy customers who would kid around and be nice and the people I worked with, there were a few I didn't really get along with but I was always on my best behavior with them.
Pros
Employees that I got along with, 30 min breaks, occasional free lunches, and happy customers
Cons
Mean customers, people taking advantage of their break time, people I tried to get along with but their attitude was just to much.
Hard work
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Cedar Hill, TXNovember 18, 2015
The one thing I loved about this job is the freshness of the product. I love the way they focused on customer service and always making them feel welcome.
Pros
good food
Cons
the hours
The co-workers are friendly but Most of the management is poor and lazy
Cook (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 26, 2015
The co-workers I have had are almost always great and friendly and I have become good friends with the ones that have come and gone but the store manager is a lazy buffoon who is the cause for almost half of the original staff quitting. he has others do tasks that are his to do such as making his boss a 60+ year old man unload a food shipment at five in the morning. So before applying to TACO BUENO ask the employees how they like the manager, because there are awesome managers who you just want to be friends with and others that make you wonder if the system is broken.
Pros
50% off meals when you start and after a year 100% off
Cons
management and scheduling
Productive and fun workplace.
server (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 15, 2015
Productive and fun, you get to learn lots of ways to be yourself and keep working at improving your skills. Co-workers are friendly and supportive.
Pros
free lunches and experiance
Cons
Shortbreaks and long hours

2.6