Taco Cabana Employee Reviews

Lots of advancement opportunities
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Austin, TXAugust 17, 2015
The job was challenging yet fun to do. I worked the overnight shift and was allowed to pick my own team of crew members. My co-workers were the best and we all worked together as a team.
enjoyed working for fast food .
Cashier (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 10, 2015
Pros: breaks and discounts
Cons: long hours
enjoyed working for fast food , great exsperience ,great work place to learn management skills great people.but want to further my skills in medical
Field Marketing Manager (Current Employee), San AntonioJuly 23, 2015
Pros: relaxed work enviornment
Cons: no room for growth
Very relaxed place to work, but little room for growth. management is very good and great to work with. Very hard to get things done and approved because of the amount of reviews on everything.
summer weekends full of live bands and dancing
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee), el paso txJuly 22, 2015
Pros: free food, annual trips to different cities, great bonuses
Cons: opened 24 hours
started off as a patio person, worked my way up to G.M. within 3 years. There is definitely room for growth and advancement if your willing to put the time, effort and dedication
A lot of stuff to put up with.
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee), New Braunfels, TXJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Half price meals.
Cons: To much stuff to put up with.
Mangers and Team leader were always rude you try your hardest and try your best. They still didn't care they make you do more. They find cheap ways out of everything.
Team work
Shift manager/Traniee (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 19, 2015
Pros: team work, great training, great people
I work the grave yard , I take orders make food on the line and wash dishes. I have no set responsibility at this particular job it is all about team work! we all help each other out.
Obtains payment for goods by itemizing and totaling customer's purchases
Cashier/ Cook (Former Employee), Pflugerville, TXJuly 8, 2015
•Itemizes and totals purchases by recording prices, departments, taxable and nontaxable items; operating a cash register.
•Enters price changes by referring to price sheets and special sale bulletins.
•Discounts purchases by redeeming coupons.
•Collects payments by accepting cash, check, or charge payments from customers; making change for cash customers.
•Verifies credit acceptance by reviewing and recording driver's license number; operating credit card authorization system.
•Balances cash drawer by counting cash at beginning and end of work shift.
•Provides pricing information by answering questions.
•Maintains checkout operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
•Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
•Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
fast food place
Team Member (Former Employee), dallas txJuly 3, 2015
I love the service and plus I was a great employee. My job was too cook, make plte, serve guest, and take orders. the place of work was really neat and always clean. I made sure my job was done.
great costumer service, with great co-workers
Cook/cashier (Former Employee), san antonioJune 28, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: no health care
lifting 70 pound bags of ingrediants. making all mex-tex food to be served to customers. also skilled with costumer service & invoice, maitnence consisted of cleaning everything before clock out. all over a great job
Not a very good place to work if you go to school
Cashier (Former Employee), Pasadena, TXJune 15, 2015
Pros: The staff
Cons: The inability to be flexible
Taco cabana was not a great place for me to work because of the fact that I was going to school and working at the same time. Taco Cabana isnt very flexible with the schedule. I learned how to cook steak perfectly and how to cut chicken very neatly. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to see you made someone else happy. The hardest on the otherhand was having to continue working while sweating profusely.
Decent Place to work
General Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 13, 2015
Pros: Medical Insurance
Cons: Long hours, Human Resources are not unbiased.
Your work life depends on how much your superiors like you. Fast paced quick casual concept. Guest will vary in attitude, most guests are pleasant.
very exciting work place
Cashier (Former Employee), Sugar Land, TXJune 9, 2015
everyday was amazing.
i learn that a smile brightens up people days.
co-workers were awesome.
most enjoyable part were making the food and seeing people leave happy.
Working In Taco Cabana
Team Member (Former Employee), Austin, TxJune 3, 2015
Working at Taco Cabana was fun, the crew members were supportive, and the customers were nice. The food was great, learned many ways of working under pressure. When the restaurant got very busy.
good flexibility and casual environment but tiring and low paying
Cashier (Current Employee), dallas, txJune 3, 2015
I overall enjoy working here because I really like my coworkers. Though that was not the case at the other location i worked at. I get a ton of free food, which i deeply appreciate. I like the opportunity to try my best and be kind to customers it's something i enjoy. scheduling is very flexible and good for a college student. but the work is tiring and i feel like when im off all i wanna do is bum around on the floor. that is the case of any restaurant with long shifts. i get along well with management usually, though have issues with the ethics of one manager which at times is enough that i consider quitting. i understand it's a business, but you can't change my philosophies. a job is a job, my thoughts are my own.

pay is too dang low. good first job though and i am grateful i was hired.
very fast pace
Night Manager, I (Former Employee), San Antonio, TexasJune 2, 2015
I enjoyed this job very much, but the GM was very lazy and always making his employees not want to work or help out. but my workers did they best that could and i learned a lot there
The worst management structure
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee), Austin, TXMay 31, 2015
Management structure is awful, no adequate training. Salaried management is expected to work 60-70 hours per week, but lead managers will say they don't want their managers working that many hours. The pay is pretty great on paper, but the hours quickly reduce your salary.
Working at Taco Cabana
Training Specialist (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 28, 2015
Pros: Free drinks
Cons: Limited healthcare benefits
I have had the opportunity to work for a company like Taco Cabana, and the work environment is fun and it also limits the time that I would use to other things. When I go to work it gets really busy, and sometimes hectic. I learned about making different salsas and different types of foods. The management is good and it allows for work to get done. My co-workers are a joy to be around and I seldom have a problem with them. The hardest part is dealing with customers when it gets hectic. The most enjoyable part of my job is making the food for my customers.
The employee's was nice but overall terrible.
Cashier (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 28, 2015
Pros: helpful, understanding team members, good food
Cons: management team sucks, overworked, underpaid, cheap products, min. wage
You work with nice understanding team members, the food was great to eat. Overall poor management, over worked for less pay doing other jobs that's not in the job description never getting paid for it , products were cheap something was always freezer burnt poor trucking company, always ran out of something. Had pest control problems. You get paid 7.25 to 7.40 still even if you have experience, get a raise every 6 months but never do until you say something. When they do give raises its only 10 or 20 cents. Shift leaders only make between 8.00-9.50 hr depends on how long you been there.
Good money for HS students
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Allen, TXMay 19, 2015
Management scheduling issues, never get off on time. Doesn't respect your availability and shows favoritism. I do not recommend this job, there are no set rules.
a day at work
Team Member (Former Employee), Ennis, TXMay 17, 2015
I waited on customers. I prepped food. I maintained the restrooms, lobby and patio. I stocked the fridge and pantry. I ran drive thru.
Headquarters