Taco Cabana Employee Reviews

It could be a nice place to work if it the manager was fair and followed the law
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 16, 2016
it's not enjoyable working for a company where you feel left out and like everyone is against you and like nobody cares about your safety including the manager, especially when your pregnant. it is very emotionally stressful and overwhelming, but they barely care about the customers.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no breaks sometimes, cut hours
Difficult workplace, but learned how to work fast paced and multitask.
Team Member/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 28, 2016
I learned how to do multiple things at one time and work more than one position. I have also learned to work fast paced and how to handle customer complaints, comments and concerns. The hardest part of the job was trying to work several different positions at one time. We also didn't have very well management.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No breaks
Place to start
General Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 5, 2016
spent a lot of years giving myself to this company and was not given the proper respect from my Division leader, The company is great, good people and lots of friends. Work long hrs, short handed, low pay, to concerned about drive thru, and not people. Typical fast food restaurant, Their is one good thing I can say is the people that work are hard working but are so under paid for all the years they work.
Pros
Good people
Cons
No respect for hard working people
It was okay but could be better
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXMay 25, 2016
While I was working for Taco Cabana, on a typical day it was awesome.Meet cool people from all over the world.I learned so may things; my favorite part is learning how to speak a little Spanish,that was awesome.Besides that it had its not so cool days such as on a game night,It would be a lot of cleaning behind college students,But besides that it was awesome.
Pros
Free lunch and having some what of a cool staff working alng with you
Cons
On game nights how crowded it would get
tolerable
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, TXJuly 1, 2016
Although this is not the best place to work, they are very understanding when it comes to your hours. the employees could definitely be treated better. there could also be better compensation for all that they ask of you.
Cons
no lunch breaks, no free food, and lots of broken promises from the managers themselves. lack of self respect for there employees
Fun workplace
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 24, 2016
Normal days were always about the same making orders for people. You got to learn who the regulars were and it was a nice place to start working at. Easy to move up if you preform well and the management was nice some of the coworkers were kind of lazy, but some were good.
Pros
Discounts, good, good coworkers
Cons
Hours and some benefits.
Ad said 12$ hour and was offered 8.25
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 8, 2016
Was interested when I read 12 n hour for team leaders got an interview, witch I must say was the most unprofessional job interview I've ever been in made me reaply at the store then tells me I pretty much got the job just to offer me 8.25 n hour for same position
Pros
Cons
Waist of time
It's ok as a first time job
Hostess and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXAugust 9, 2016
If you want to start out working in fast food it's ok. Although the management could have been better also you have to be 21 in order to serve alcohol there. Or they will make you work in the back serving costumers through the drive thru.
Pros
free lunches while you work
Cons
management
Some managers are good.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 26, 2016
If you work for taco cabana dont go help out another one where you a borrow. They let you clock in but the erase your hours and they do what they call a payroll amemenment. Sometimes they do it on time sometimes you will get paid a week or two later pay attention on your check.
Don't apply here please
Grill Master (Former Employee) –  Houston to Austin TxMay 25, 2016
To anyone who sees this and feels this please don't work at any taco cabana the managers are horrible and the food is bad. I worked at at least 5 taco cabanas in 2 years, all of them and I mean all of them slave you, I'm not talking about the normal work duties like cleaning and whatnot. Don't get me started on the food its terrible 1st time I ate there I threw up but I wasn't going to leave because money.
But worst of all is the employees they have the worst attitude ever but its not their fault its the slave drivers fault!
Cut the tip of my finger off on the grill once you know what they told me? "You'll be okay just put a finger condom on" like na fam I'm going to the hospital but they wanted to insist I worked, they have no regards for their employees nor do they actually respect you all the managers are fake, and will lie on you when they make a mistake so they don't lose their pathetic job.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
everything tc is horrible
A typical day at work.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Richland Hills, TXJuly 10, 2016
A typical day at work is fun and exciting. I never felt like I was overwhelmed or stressed out. Everything is simple. You get free drinks so you will always be hydrated. The bosses are nice, and friendly and will help you with anything.
Pros
50% off food
Cons
short breaks
Productive and chill typical day.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 10, 2016
This job is a pretty chill place from my experiences. The managers are friendly, all the employees are open and welcoming. When The lunch rush comes you have to stay on your toes, and communicate or everything will be a disaster.
hardest part of the job
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 18, 2016
Since its a 24/7 hour operation sometimes the work schedule can be little heck tick, Sometimes the overnight manager would not show up and I would have to stay till the morning.
Pros
competive pay and benefits
Cons
Knowledgeable group of people and small team environment
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 7, 2016
Very well established company with a long history in the QSR business. I spent a great deal of my time on the road to different markets I was responsible for.
Pros
Fun working environment and supportive supervisors
Cons
Corporate construction dept. moved to Dallas from San Antonio
Needs some improvement
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 19, 2016
Working at Taco Cabana would be better if the promotion process would run smoother and faster. I've been working as shift leader for months without the pay and worked here longer than a year without any raise.
stress
Tx - Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 19, 2016
on a normal day of work, expect to handle multiple tasks at the same time. The Hardest part of the job is making sure each order is correct and fixing it ,even if ingredients are low.
Pros
free meals, employee discounts
Cons
weird working hours
Productive and fun
prep cook (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 25, 2016
the typical day at working at Taco Cabana was a lot of fun I get to meet new people.
Working at a fast food restaurant is very fun and exciting, I have learn how to put others before me and be a strong person working around an fast environment. The manager wasn't so nice, she was very rude and mean sometimes even to her customers but I wouldn't changed anything with my co-workers.my co-workers was very fun,helpful, and considerate in others. The hardest part of my job was dealing with my mean uptight manager,But the most part I enjoyed about the job is there are so many people that will make you feel so comfortable and relaxed.Especially if you a new person. I loved waking up every morning going to work and seeing my co workers.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Horrible
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 19, 2016
Bleh
Learned how to work for two people
Management sucked
Co-workers were cool to work with and never had an issue with them we were all friends and very close with each other
Hardest part were the customers
Not an enjoyable part at all
productive food enviroment.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 21, 2016
A typical day at work was really busy, with customers in and out coming all day but I had a really good communication with my employees during my shift
I had a good experience on it because I learned how to put up, with
laves of stress and deal with it.
I had to have everything ready for the next shift and one of the hardest things at work its the bad punctuality on the manager and the other employees.
Pros
Free food
Cons
bad managment
Fun workin emivornment
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 10, 2016
I think taco cabana is a very good place to work and to learn about the fast food service. It's fast on learning how to make the food everything is self-explanatory
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Lack of communifation

2.9