Taco Cabana

Taco Cabana United States Employee Reviews

Fast-paced work environment
Team Member/Overnight Shift Leader (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 17, 2015
Pros: If you're one of the favorites you get free food if it's under $10, %50 off on purchased food, free drinks, flexible schedule which is good if you're in school or have another job
Cons: Overnight is always understaffed, lack of communication, hard not to yell back at irrational customers, sometimes have to give away food just to keep customers happy which is counter-productive, you never get to leave on time
A typical day at work consists of preparing food for the breakfast, lunch and dinner rushes, lots of cleaning, but mainly revolves around serving food to customers. If I have learned anything at Taco Cabana, it is that holding your tongue is the best thing for you to do. I learned that sometimes when you try your hardest, it is not enough, but that is okay. Management does not like confrontation or when employees question their authority. Since the store I work at has been given new management, I feel like they do not care about the employees anymore. Like they do not see the employees as people who have their own lives outside of work. My co-workers are always friendly, funny and we all act as a team. The hardest part of the job is staying calm when trying to make huge orders under the company's time-limit for desired speed of service while understaffed, all the while having customers getting angry and wanting to talk to you while you are trying to get their meals out to them as fast as you can. Honestly, the most enjoyable part of the job is when the customers remember that you are still a person and are trying your hardest to make a living by serving them. Aside from that, the most enjoyable part of the job is going home and putting your cleaning, cooking and taco-folding hands to rest.
Ive liked the location
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee), Austin, TXApril 16, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: health benefits
The hardest thing about the job, there are several, dealing with intoxicated customers putting and executing line orders for customers .I liked the job because a no none sense job that was fast pace....
Learned to work under pressure
Cashier/Hostess (Former Employee), Irving, TxApril 10, 2015
Pros: Good food, good management, benefits
Cons: Sometimes having to do more than enough and not being recognized for doing a job well done
Taco Cabana was a very busy place, especially during happy hour, lunch and late nights. Coworkers came and left but I managed to keep in contact with a few after leaving. Working here is fun yet it can be a bit stressful when everyone isn't on one accord, short staffed, upset customers and dealing with long drive lines. That was the worst part of the day!! We somehow manage to get through the shift and continue with our day.
Enjoyed working with different culture
3rd Shift cook (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 26, 2015
Pros: meals were provided, learned a different culture
Cons: some language barriers, but was able to understand
Very nice restaurant Mexican cuisine, I cooked on 3rd shift. all meals were prepared by order, so there would be no food waste.
My experince at Taco Cabana
Line Cook (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 14, 2015
Pros: %50 off and breaks
My experience working at taco cabana was fun, exciting, the managers were the best, yes at times it would get packed with people and orders would come out little overtime but other then that it was an exciting experience for me and I would go back if I could but I wasn't getting that much hours.
Productive and fun work place
Team member (Former Employee), Waco, TXMarch 10, 2015
Communicating with friendly hard working people Attending customers needs enjoyable work place great place to work for
Productive and fast environment
Anchor/Cashier (Former Employee), Arlington, TXMarch 4, 2015
Pros: free lunches, and weekly pay
Cons: short or no breaks.
I learned to work the register and interact with customers. Always have a good attitude regardless of the situation. The hardest part of the job was when we were short handed and taking and making all the orders. The most enjoyable part was making the customer happy. I've learned to take everything step by step if not things will go bad.
front cashier handle money take order keep all areas clean
Cashier (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 3, 2015
job the was good but they wasnt giving pay raise, management and employeest has a big turn over work area was nasty and mold at the soda machine. so i have to quit because of the safety hazard they refuse to get fixed.
Nice people to work with
Cashier (Former Employee), El Paso, TXFebruary 21, 2015
no advancement; no raise unless the manager wants to. always short staffed when it got busy. i learned a lot there as a cashier and a "shift leader"
n/a
Server (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 13, 2015
Serving food is more the serving food.
management was okay co-workers got alone very well. and the most enjoyable part seeing the customers smile
great place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: room for advancement
Cons: managers do not care about employees, just money
• Monitor food preparation methods, portion sizes, and garnishing, and presentation of food to ensure that food is prepared and presented in an acceptable manner • Coordinate assignments of cooking personnel to ensure economical use of food and timely preparation • Schedule and receive food and beverage deliveries, checking delivery contents to verify product quality and quantity • Maintain food and equipment inventories, and keep inventory records • Establish standards for personnel performance and customer service • Test cooked food by tasting it and smelling it to ensure palatability and flavor conformity • Monitor employee and patron activities to ensure liquor regulations are obeyed
Very productive and fast paced
Postion- Shift Manager (Former Employee), Tomball, TXJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: free meals
Cons: employees always called in, no back-up
Fun and lively experience. Had a fantastic time here. Only bad part of being the manager here was when all employees would call in and I worked the restaurant alone. It was a task for me but I overcome it. Best part of job was being the manager, I was able to run the restaurant by myself and learn more about the business. Since I'm bubbly the corporate of Taco Cabana loved me in every way. I was one of their favorite managers.
Productive , fun , skilled workers
DT cashier & host (Former Employee), austin , txJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks, cut hours
typical day at work, sign in my badge number into the computer . check with the manager to see what tasks he has for me , and get ready get those tasks accomplished . working with my co-workers was easy with its most typical problems ; some of my co-workers have argued , fought , stole from others , ate while on the job , and even decided to go off on the manager while costumers were there .... But , i did no such thing , that's why i gave Taco Cabana these ratings because it taught me there are better things out here far more better for me ! One of my most hardest things was not having enough hours for work . but i enjoyed the people , everybody seemed to enjoy me and my company and i got along with everyone at the job as well .
good
Line server, Cook, Prep (Former Employee), Spring, TXDecember 23, 2014
it was a good place to work, everything was fine, management, co workers.
team
Team Member (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 21, 2014
Assisted in the training and development of peers.
 Ensured that all credit and debit receipts are signed if needed and cash amounts are balanced at the end of the day.
 Managing Drive thru customers orders.
 Generated positive results from managers by providing great customer service.
 Worked the meat grills, preparing the meat for further processing upto the final.
 Served customers with their orders, maintaining a smile at all times, and seeking customer satisfaction at all circumstances.
disregard
Greeter/Cashier (Former Employee), Lancaster, TXNovember 3, 2014
Managers disregarded the language barrier, between trainers and employees who are not fluent in spanish, and because of the lack of understanding, Employees are ignored and put to work in the back, contacting management with issues is futile
Getting orders done quickly
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Humble, TXOctober 29, 2014
A typical day at work consists of making a lot of orders, drive- thru or dine in orders. We have to make the people happy and make sure they enjoy our service. The hardest part of the job was the hostile environment I was put in, which was my reason for leaving. the most enjoyable part was being able to build relationships with some of the other co- workers.
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 27, 2014
Take the orders from drive thru and collect money and make sure all orders were accurate.
Taco Cabana
Cashier/Sales (Former Employee), Arlington, TXOctober 23, 2014
Pros: rno.
Cons: n/a
Its a great job. Just that I put in my week because of the pay rate.
Very Easy And Productive Job
Cashier (Former Employee), Grand Prairie, TXOctober 20, 2014
i Learned Alot when it came to multi-tasking
getting invovled with the customers , taking
order , greeting every one

1 2 3 4 5

About Taco Cabana

This company knows salsa is not just a dance. A division of quick-service restaurant operator  Fiesta Restaurant Group, Taco Cabana – Read more

Taco Cabana Salaries