TACO CABANA

TACO CABANA Employer Reviews

Not a good place to work at
Cook (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 2, 2014
Would get to work and nothing would be done. would have to take out trash from the morning shift and all the tables would be dirty. i went from working 5 days with 7 hours to working 2 or 3 days with 10 to 15 hours in a week. The only good thing was getting paid every Friday.
DT CAHIER
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee), Lancaster, TXApril 29, 2014
Pros: the fast pace
Cons: pay
WAS A FAST PACED ENVIROMENT, ALOT OF ANGRY CUSTOMERS WHEN FOOD WAS NOT ON THE ESTIMATED TIME, OR ORDER WAS WRONG.
Was an ok job. Starter job.
CASHIER, LINE COOK (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 21, 2014
A typical day would be busy during lunch hours. I learned how to change soda machine pumps. Increased my customer service skills.
Typical Day
Cashier/ Hostess/ Drive-Thru (Former Employee), Bastrop, TXApril 20, 2014
Pros: learned several different positions, their responsibilites, fast-paced
Cons: little employee appreciation
Arriving 10 minutes earlier than scheduled time, my work started at cleaning up after a lunch rush on busy days and then moving onto preperation for our dinner rush. getting everything re-stocked, and motivated crew, ready to be able to work as effeciently as expected. I learned better team work skills, I learned how to work drive-thru ( taking orders – more... and making them), I learned hostess responsibilities, T.A.B.C certification,and even the hardest things like how to cook and prep the food in the kitchen. I was even goin to be put up for shift leader position, limited training in managers duties and closed 4/5 nights that I worked. – less
Cashier & Customer Service
Customer service/ cashier (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 12, 2014
my work place is cool, I come to work full of ambition with a positive attitude ready to put big smile on my customers face and leave the happy. I've learned to always stay positive never let anyone bring you down or out of character. I love my co-workers, because they about team work and getting the job done not just fast we do it right. I wouldn't – more... really say my job is hard but we do have moments where it can get real heated in the kitchen, but its nothing me and my team can't handle. The most enjoyable part about my job I get along with everyone I love my manager and its has really enhanced myself for the better and my future. – less
Fun place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 9, 2014
Pros: free lunch, potential for advancement, friendly environment
Cons: no breaks, no health care, no family time
In the beginning I was working night shift so I would come into the restaurant and go to the salsa bar to clean and stock it up. After that I would get a register and begin taking orders. Until I had a person to make the food and after my training I would make the food and take the orders. After a month of being there I started training for shift leader. – more... I would go into the office to close the cash-link system at the end of the day and print the reports. I would also count the inventory and check the temperature of the food to make sure it was the right temperature. After a couple of more months I started working day shift and once I started working the day shift, I would go into the office and count the safe. After the count of the safe, I would check the emails and the points of how the restaurant is doing overall. I would put the points into a spread sheet and send them to the district manager. I also would put the inventory count into the computer as well on a spread sheet so that we would have the count to make sure, if we ran out of something we would know.
The co-workers were easy going and I got along with them very well they did as told and knew where they were going to be placed for the day. I had trouble with one co-worker but ended up taking care of that problem to where there wasn't much of a problem anymore.
The managers I worked with were friendly and I got along with the store manager better than any of the other managers. The managers liked me so well that I was training for shift leader within a month of working at the restaurant.
I loved working there and having the ability to grow and expand my position from cashier to training for shift leader. There was room for advancement there and I would love to go back if they would let me.
The hardest part of the job was when I started to feel uncomfortable around the store manager. There was something about the store manager that made me feel uncomfortable but since he has retired I wouldn't mind working there again. – less
Nice company
Cashier/Food Prep (Former Employee), PflugervilleApril 2, 2014
Gave me skills in registers, money handling, food handling and also customer service skills.
Good concept
Shift Leader (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 29, 2014
You provide good customer skills working in the environment.
Good Starter Job
Crew Member/Shift Leader in Training (Former Employee), Bastrop, TXMarch 19, 2014
Co-Workers were like family there and it was always fun going to work.
Fast paced Restaurant with a Fun attitude
CASHIER (Former Employee), Lancaster, TXMarch 5, 2014
Pros: free lunch, and discounts
Cons: poor management
A very busy restaurant where multitasking has to be done in a very friendly manner and delivering good customer service. The hardest part was for others to work as a team to speed the service. But overall a very fun and good place to work at.
Taco Cabana
General Manager (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 27, 2014
A common day would consist of inventory, positioning employees, managing labor, managing food cost, and managing everthing else in the resturant to make sure that everything meet health code and corprate inspections.

I learned how to run a very efficient and very clean resturant.
Fun place to work for
Cashier/Host (Former Employee), Houston, TexasFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
It is a good company to work for, I just needed to get a job that pays more and I also feel like it's mainly for teens to work there after school. I am going to back to school so that's why I am no longer there and I am looking for another job.
i loved working here.
Shift manager (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKFebruary 24, 2014
I loved working here. and got promoted to third shift manager. and love it even more.
Taco Cabana
Cashier (Former Employee), Conroe, TXFebruary 23, 2014
Pros: good food, adequate hours
Cons: poor training
Basically my first job and not to bad for a first experience with working. However it wasn't all peaches and cream, the assistant managers seemed over worked. Displaying little time to help train me which made it somewhat difficult at first but I managed through it. Leaving for school reasons I had stopped working there
OMG
Cashier (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 16, 2014
BAD WORKPLACE!!! NO TEAMWORK!!........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Good first job
Restaurant Trainer (Current Employee), Dallas,TxFebruary 12, 2014
Help out thru out the restaurant in every station. Also helped managers keep up with food distribution by making sure employees were following guidelines.
My Experience At Taco Cabana
Cashier and Food Server (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: free lunch, good working environment, good manager
Cons: minimum wage
Since my first day at Taco Cabana everybody was so nice to me, everybody helped each other in all they could. If one co-worker needed help with something somebody was always there to help. The manager was nice but at the time to work she was serious and i liked that because we would concentrate in working. The hardest part of the job was to learn the – more... menu but once you learn it its easy. I loved all my co-workers because all of them were always happy and we were like a family. Everybody knew and respected each other. – less
A great place to work when you have everything you need!
Cashier/ Hostess (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 4, 2014
Work was most times fast paced. I stocked my area with everything I needed to provide the most excellent service I could give such as salsas, napkins, cups and plastic ware. I learned how to multi-task in a fast paced environment, satisfy frustrated or dissatisfed customers and to keep a professional demeanor in any sittuation. My co-workers were wonderful, – more... very helpful and a pleasure to work with. The hardest part of my job would be working with limited supplies. A lot of times supervisors didn't order enough supplies for the truck which caused us not to have certain things to satisfy customers. The most enjoyable part of my job was honestly satisfying my customers and knowing I gave them the best service possible. – less
What Taco Cabana was like.
line prep. (Former Employee), Schertz, TXFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: fast pased, friendly atmosphere
Cons: early mornings, very hot food and metal around you all the time.
I would go and clock in. Then I would get the line ready for opening. then I would prepare the right amount of food fopr the morning rush. I then would make sure my food prep area was clean, as well as the foor. I would also on occasion cash out the drive thru window.
YOU SHOULD BE NICE AT ALL TIMES
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 8, 2014
THIS JOB WAS INTERESTING YOU WOULD THINK THE EMPLOYEES WOULD BE THE ONE KEEPING UP MESS BUT ITS NOT ITS THE MANAGERS HOWEVER I LOVED THE JOB BECAUSE YOU GET TO SEE ALL TYPES OF PEOPLE PLUS THE POLICE PATROL SO YOU ARE SAFE FOR SURE

About TACO CABANA

This company knows salsa is not just a dance. A division of quick-service restaurant operator  Fiesta Restaurant Group, Taco Cabana – Read more