TACO CABANA

TACO CABANA Employer Reviews

Unsafe work environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Austin, TXAugust 19, 2014
Environment was unsafe for working conditions. Management was typically absent and co-workers were very little help.
Job, not to stay at
Cashier (Current Employee), Austin, TeXasAugust 17, 2014
If you want to feel like in a Mexican mine shaft, this job is for you
You can learn to like any job
Lobby/Prep, Night (Former Employee), Waco, TXAugust 16, 2014
Pros: wonderful co-workers and food
Cons: weak management
I worked dual positions for the night crew. Kept the lobby clean and stocked as one job, and kept the dishes and prep room clean while keeping the front line stocked and prepped tortillas, fajitas, salsas, and whatever we made in-store. Not much to learn here aside from how hungry a drunk patron can be and how good mexican food can be. I suppose since the management was barely-there and usually poor at leadership, I also learned how effective electing a peer leader can be (very). Co-workers were great, two of them were even long-time friends of mine. The crew worked like a precision machine at even the busiest times, never over- or under-cooking, never getting an order wrong or running out of an item. I have to say the best part of this job was the food, which barely beats the feeling of being part of such a well-knit group. The hardest part was keeping up with two jobs, but the other workers would take up small parts of prep or cover the lobby if a manager decided to interrupt the rhythm.
Great place to have a first job.
CREW MEMBER (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 7, 2014
Even though it was a busboy position it was a wonderful first job that I loved to work. The only reason for leaving was growth.
good but it was fast food
Cashier/Cook/Food Prep and Maintenance (Former Employee), GarlandAugust 7, 2014
This was a texas job, it was fun. People was kind and the work load was steady but it seemed too much on rush hours.
Unfair work place
Customer Service (Former Employee), Austin, TxJuly 31, 2014
Pros: food
Cons: bad management, unfair mangement
I would setup for the rush hour, make tortillas and salsa, and sometimes prepare the food. I took orders and work solo in drive through at times. but i learned to work in an accurate fast paced manner. co-workers didn't really like management but we obeyed without complications. The hardest part were the unhappy customers and most enjoyable was satisfying needs of customers.
Team Member (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 25, 2014
The younger workers were very friendly compared to the older. Management was ideal.
Cashier (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXJuly 18, 2014
Pros: how they treat me
Cons: my hours
The most enjoyable part of my job was the customers. And I learned how to make all the entrees on the menu.
Fun place
Line Server (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 17, 2014
Pros: discounts off amazing food
It's honestly such an amazing fun job, my employers are really nice and considerate, and they really give you second chances. Dont screw up though because they wont be afraid to not give you hours or fire you. Its a great job but, business is business. The customers are nice, but some are messy, but that's fast food business, and the co-workers are amazing. Their very interesting, lol, but they make it a fun work place.
Good company
Administrative Assistant/R&D Coordinator (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 15, 2014
Worked in the test kitchen, requested more delegation of responsibility, not fast enough pace
Busy workplace where I learned some Spanish
Team Member (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 5, 2014
Pros: free meals
Cons: the heat in the kitchen
I loved the drive thru because I got to meet really interesting people. Waiting for late co-workers to relieve me was not fun.
Productive Environment
cook (Current Employee), Mesquite, TXJuly 3, 2014
A very fast paced environment. I did my job, and never had a moment where I was not busy. I had to be very flexible as well
it was a fun workplace
Associate (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 1, 2014
Pros: good employees
was a great job
no complaints
great staff
great customers
great experience
nice managers
part time work
Cashier (Former Employee), Schertz, TXJune 17, 2014
Decent Pay with Flexible hours only reason I left was to return to active duty.
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Houston, Tx.June 16, 2014
Pros: had a great manager, free lunches, got to deal with customers (i'm a friendly person)
Cons: no breaks, short staff, no good hours, not enough pay
I worked there for almost two years. It was once an enjoyable place too work. I was able to advance in management. The only thing wrong was we never had enough employees so I was always doing two or more positions at one time. It soon became overwhelming and I had too leave. I do miss the work.
High volume place
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 16, 2014
Pros: working with the public
Cons: 19/21 hour shifts
Working in a high volume restaurant that can get very challenging. It is rewarding at the end of the day to tell your team members what a great job they did!
I learn to work with industry specific tools
Cook (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 4, 2014
Pros: 15% to 50% reduction in food purchase
Cons: false evaluations, more clarity about bonuses
I wish management that promised raise and advancement would be more honest.
starter job
Shift leader (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 2, 2014
Pros: weekly pay
Cons: no breaks
good job while in school
favortism
horrible pay
no weekends off if not in school
Regular Job
Server (Former Employee), First ColonyMay 26, 2014
I couldnt complain it was paying the bills. A job is a job to me.
It was an ok job
Host (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 4, 2014
Pros: weekly pay
Cons: not organized enough
I would clock in and then make sure the bar was filled and everything in the dining room was clean. If it got busy and they needed more help in the back I would help fix orders or run the cash register. I learned how to multi-task really well. The management was okay she wasn't really that helpful. My co-workers were fun to work around, but some of them were lazy. The hardest part of my job was doing my job and other people job. The most enjoyable part was working with a friend.

About TACO CABANA

This company knows salsa is not just a dance. A division of quick-service restaurant operator  Fiesta Restaurant Group, Taco Cabana – Read more