Taco John's Employee Reviews

Fun Hard ready to please enviorment
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDOctober 15, 2017
Working for taco John's has given me more appreciation. For those in the fast food industry. It hard work be on your toes fun environment.The customer you become like family . Its a great place to work.
Pros
Dicount on food
Cons
No pto time or vaction
Job was ok
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Watertown, SDOctober 12, 2017
The job is a faced place job that takes a lot of work to keep things caught up.They pay decent and the vacation time is ok after your first couple of years. There really isn't a lot of room of advancement. One thing is the more you know the more work you do but you don't seem to get paid the best for that knowledge.
Pros
you get food half off and the crew is super friendly
Cons
breaks are really short and there is no benefits
Good job for a teenager
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNOctober 11, 2017
I worked at Taco John's when I was in high school. I liked it. My manager was pretty good about scheduling,but at times he would change my schedule without telling me.
A great place to work if you're a kid
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYOctober 9, 2017
Taco John's is a great place to work if you're a teenager and just need something part time. The job itself can be stressful but it's mostly fun. Management is good and most co workers are easy to get along with.
Pros
Discount on tacos!
Cons
Low pay
Good starting place to work at
Cashier (Former Employee) –  North Saint Paul, MNOctober 8, 2017
I've been with taco Johns for a year. It was fun at times but they were really short staffed. I would've stayed a little longer but I wanted to focus in school. They were giving me too much hours and I was over floated with late assignments at school. So I had to quit.
Pros
Free food at times.
Fun place to work
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAOctober 4, 2017
A typical day was to open the store, Fry all the food in advance to open store. Load ice machines, stock food table, do the dishes. Wait on customers at front counter.
The manager at the restaurant I worked at was not a good manager. The owner of the company did not have good managerial skills.
The workplace culture was fast paced, which I loved. The customers were great to work with.
The hardest part of the job was lifting heavy items over your head. The most enjoyable part was interacting with the customers and serving good food.
Pros
1/2 price lunches
Cons
No insurance unless you were management
It's a fast food restaurant
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Altoona, IAOctober 2, 2017
you should know what you're getting into, it's no different than any other fast food job. you start on registers, and eventually work your way up to food prep.
they are bad to work for
Night Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Thermopolis, WYSeptember 29, 2017
they are poor management people and dont treat the employees with respect. they work you allot and dont wanna pay for your hard work for what your worth
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
I liked working there except for my managers. They didnt seem very willing to teach me the ropes and were not good at balancing the staff
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Torrington, WYSeptember 28, 2017
My managers often would let multiple employees off for a break at once making us short staffed, down to (2-3 people during the middle of the day). They would break managements rules for their own personal gain or want. The shift managers refused to show me the ropes of how to do everything (fryer, line, register, cleaning, food prep). I was placed only on fryer, register, and in charge of replacing ingredients the entire month (give or take) that I was there. Also there were Inconsistant breaks, I often didnt get a break because they wouldnt let me know if i could or not and we didnt have set break times
Pros
Youre allowed to eat food for free from there as long as its on your break and free drinks
Cons
Short breaks
Fun place to work
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Belle Fourche, SDSeptember 28, 2017
My manager was on top of things andbwas awesome to work for. The people where great and so where the customers. I would go back if i could but i had to move.
Poor management
Shift Lead/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COSeptember 27, 2017
General manager always calling in never letting the employees know when she was coming in. When opening the store the GM would be sometimes 2 hours late.
Productive and fun place to work
Cook/Cashier (Current Employee) –  North Sioux City, SDSeptember 26, 2017
A typical day at work includes working during the morning shift, lunch shift, and dinner shift. There were usually three main rushes, and they were during these times. While at work you were assigned a position, and expected to do whatever the job requires. When we weren't making food, we were expected to clean and take care of the other jobs on a list we were given. The management is great. The culture is great too, there is always a friendly environment and everyone feels welcome
Pros
$5.00 free food everyday, competitive pay
Cons
short breaks
Good
Manager (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IASeptember 25, 2017
It was good just don't want to stay there. I am looking for a different career to go into instead of fast food . Want something else to fall back on .
something different
Crew (Former Employee) –  Chippewa Falls, WISeptember 23, 2017
It is different than flipping burgers or making fry's which I enjoyed it some the different way's to prepare meat and the way the cook comes out on the other end.
busy
Assistant Manager/Manager (Former Employee) –  York, NESeptember 23, 2017
it was an ok job worked there for my friend, we are bother gone now and moved on to different jobs... altogether it wasnt a terrible place to work for, the pay is way way to low though
poor benefits
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILSeptember 21, 2017
Everything was good til a new district manager came in with no previous work experience in food service management. Time for a change is no reason to end anyones employment.
Pros
free meals
Cons
poor management
It was a alright job nothing to make a career out of
Backline (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INSeptember 19, 2017
It was okay job nothing to make a living off or or something you do for awhile just a job tell you get on your feet type thing , coworkers are cool though
Pros
Free lunch / cool cowokers
Cons
Short breaks and gms not the nicest
Easy work.. awesome crews and a great manager
Cook (Former Employee) –  Madisonville, KYSeptember 19, 2017
The manager is very good to work for and understanding ..its easy work just face paced..plenty of hours.. clean pace with awesome health scores cleand
Friendly Enviornment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Muscatine, IASeptember 19, 2017
Taco John's was a very team work based work place. Most of the people employed there were very caring and pleasant to work with. If you were having a rough day they would go out of their way to try and cheer you up.
Pros
Half off food
Cons
Low hours
Taco johns was a great place to work at
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IASeptember 19, 2017
I think I could work a taco johns again, because I had a great experience working there. The people, I worked with were nice. The discounts on the food was great. Had a lot of laughs with some of my coworker and managers.