Taco John's Employee Reviews in United States

It was okay.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Odessa, MOJuly 15, 2016
You didn't really get trained on the food, you kinda had to learn ityourself, and you had no choice but to make food, and be a cashier, and they didn't really train anywhere honestly. Its a fast pace job.
Pros
30 mins for lunch
Cons
You don't get trained
Starter Job for High Schooler, Not a Pro-Long Job
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSJuly 12, 2016
Need better Upper Management with the Topeka Store. They seem to not have very much focus on their business nor there staff. If they would put time and effort or maybe someone else in there to do Operations/Area Management Part of it, that place would be Great.They seem to do whatever they want to do. Not to professional with the young Managers they have now. That place did have great Management in store til about July. and then its now hectic. I don't see how anyone can work there. Good Luck for the future Taco Johns in Topeka.
Cons
Bad Health Plans, No breaks, Upper Management
Would never recommend this place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 10, 2016
The manager at this particular location treats the place like her own personal playhouse. Ownership doesn't even care about this. She has been fired and rehired twice.
Fun Place to Work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Muscatine, IAJune 15, 2016
Great Management
Fast paced environment.
Smiling faces.
Career development opportunities
Flexible scheduling to fit your family/ personal life needs.
Very involved with the community.
Pros
Great Place to work
Cons
Short breaks
review
Costumer Service (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJune 4, 2016
I would come in in the mornings and start prepping the food for lunch rush. once im done I move to the register to take orders and keep maintenance in the kitchen and in the eating area. towards the end of my shift i help clean up and prep for the next shift to come in. the most important thing i learned is that being proactive is the key to a great job experience. the managers were kind and my co-workers and i got along very well. the hardest part of every job in my opinion is always being polite and understanding no matter the situation. the best part about the job was getting to know new people.
Worst Work Environment of My Life
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOMay 30, 2016
This job was a joke. In my year of working at this location, we went through General Managers every two months (on average). I never made it higher than AGM, most likely because I have a bumper sticker on my car the regional director didn't like.

Really.

They have issues with hiring people they don't "prefer" ... Like, if you're covered under an anti-discrimination law (or not, depending on the state) they probably don't want to hire you, and certainly won't promote you.
Pros
Food, Customers, Co-Workers
Cons
Ownership group was absurdly bigoted
Learned A Lot
Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, WYMay 27, 2016
A typical day at work involves preparing food for the day, running the cash register, cleaning the store, training employees, reviewing employee performance, competing bookkeeping for day and closing the store. I learned how to be a manager from the training school they put managers through. The owner was intensely into the daily workings of the store. My co-workers were often in their first jobs or wasting time during "retirement." The hardest part of the job was keeping good employees. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning the management skills.
Pros
Management school
Cons
Finding reliable co-workers
Fun yet busy workplace with great management
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSMay 19, 2016
I learned how to handle cash quickly and give correct change.
I facilitated a positive customer experience by making everything quick easy and straightforward while maintaining a positive vibe.
Fast pace work
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Leonard Wood, MOMay 18, 2016
Typically my job was to take customers orders and prepare food. Most of the time my job was fast paced and could be fun at times. We had a small crew so we tended to make the best of our time together. The work itself wasn't difficult, the hard part was the stress of taking care of the vast amounts of customers in a very fast amount of time everyday. The managers worked right there with us during peak hours, so I was able to have a closer relationship with them then in other work environments.
Pros
Learning experience
Cons
The grimy feeling of handling food everyday, and the inability to have drinks by register while standing at the register all day.
Horrible
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYMay 18, 2016
Have to ask what days your working everyday as long as your working there they change your schedule on you at any moment. Bosses do not care if you are puking your guts out, they want you there no matter what.
Slow paced, disgusting work environment
Team Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Bradley, ILMay 16, 2016
Managers young and inexperienced. So many workers that the hours are horrible. One week i even worked only 4 hours. When i was being trained, i was taught on how they clean their bathrooms. Do not clean under toilet seat or inside the toilet. Very disgusting and shift managers are horrible; each time I'd come in for work, lobby was a horrific mess and bathrooms were disgusting. Very slow business, sometimes even on Taco Tuesdays. Manager even was discussing s*x life with younger workers so loud to the point a customer in the dining room complained to me. Very rude coworkers and the only time anyone truly cleaned was when the owner was planning a visit. Constantly running out of stock and never enough product. Sloppily made food with constant complaints from customers. Always stinks of grease.
Pros
Easy, friendly customers, family environment
Cons
Very low hours, rude coworkers, disgusting cleaning habits
management
Crew Member/Cook (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYMay 13, 2016
this place always had room to grow in the work environment. it was very fast paced for managers. as a manager i had to rest shelves unload truck, and count bank deposits for afternoon and night time. i have opened and closed the store properly.
Pros
room to grow
Cons
low pay
The best that the worst is going to get
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDMay 11, 2016
It is a fast food job and because of that it will not be the best job you have ever had but it is a job. Money is money. You have to clean, cook, prepare and train people.
It was a good highschool job.
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Salina, KSMay 7, 2016
It was a good fast food job to have while I was in high school. The management was good and the employees for friendly.
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people in an excellent and friendly working environment.
Pros
good highschool job
Cons
none really
Fun workplace
Assistant Manager, Aug (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTMay 2, 2016
I really enjoy Taco Johns its just not a lifelong goal. I would keep drive thru times down and really enjoyed cooking. I loved seeing the customers face when I handed out their food quickly.
Pros
Easy to learn and the employees were fun.
Cons
Benefits and pay.
Fun Workplace
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNApril 27, 2016
Had a very good experience while working there. Very good Environment! Work Peers were very fun and the customers that came in were very friendly!
didn't like the work place, the people were "OK
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAApril 27, 2016
the company had a high turn over rate, the only plus about working there, was you got a pay check. vary fast pace and management couldn't keep the place together when it came to the store as a whole.
Great Employer
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDApril 24, 2016
Great place to work, the owner is very generous and understanding. all managers are great to work with and more than happy to train and answer any questions to better every employee. always enjoy clocking in for my shift knowing its going to a fun exciting day working with others who are equal minded.
Pros
Great management, flexibility with hours
Cons
very fun and organized place to work
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Fort Benning, GAApril 23, 2016
enjoyed working with my co-workers and serving military and their families. enjoyed my manager she was very helpful and understanding. she also was leaniant
Pros
working with military families
Cons
the company was only on military base
workers showed up when they wanted and they were working on new management so everyone was going on a powertrip.
cook (Former Employee) –  Grinnell, IAApril 17, 2016
I usually opened at taco johns so id work on prep, every day id learn something new whether it bean easier way to do something or how to do something ive never done before. Got along great with all of my co-workers their nice as can be. Once the supervisor left the owners lied to corporate and said she was on vacation and everyone started trying to become management and fighting. They all wanted that top spot so the job was no longer a good place to be around, but I was fine until the days started getting warmer. I overheated because I was running the fryer and I passed out. The most enjoyable part of my day when I was working there was lunch rush because everyone worked together in harmony to get things done at a speed that I never thought possible. The hardest part of my job there would have to have been stock because it took forever to get done but you still had to work on everything else at the same time.
Pros
half off lunch
Cons
didnt give people who dont smoke a break

2.7