Taco Johns

Taco Johns United States Employee Reviews

Hated management
Restaurant Leader (Former Employee), Des Moines, IAApril 21, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Everything
I like my position when I 1st started but when management changed it was horrible. The manager picked favorites and was not fair. She gave a promotion to someone who shouldn't of gotten it.
Fun and productive workplace, very good coworkers
Assistant Manager Trainee (Former Employee), Billings, MTApril 16, 2015
I really enjoyed the environment I worked in, my coworkers were a lot of help when I was in training. The hardest part of the job was learning about the assistant manager trainee position.
fast paced environment
Line Cook (Former Employee), Kaukauna, WIApril 4, 2015
this is a good job for anyone who does not like to sit around and have lots of down time. this job is fast paced and demanding.
Taco Johns was a great first job.
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee), Havre, MTMarch 26, 2015
A typical day at Taco Johns usually consisted of taking orders, preparing them, cleaning, and duties such as opening and closing out the tills.

Taco Johns was my first job so I defiantly learned a lot here. I learned basic skills such as working with tills and have expanded my knowledge of counting money.

I loved working with my co-workers there but the management could have been better. There was only one full time store manager that actually worked in the store and did all the scheduling so of course that would lead to a lot of stress on one person. But other than that it was all great.

The hardest part of the job was just the fact that I was working during school and they didn't have enough employees to cover both stores at all times so I was often called in on days when I had a lot of school work to do. Or I was going to high school full time and working 35+ hours a week due to lack of employees. But the management did a great job at fixing that problem so the kids in high school didn't have to choose between getting school work done and working long hours.

The most enjoyable part of the job was defiantly working with the people I did. We really did work as a team and got stuff done quick with great quality. I also got a chance to be a shift leader which taught me a lot and i enjoyed the challenge.
Great food
Fast Food Worker (Former Employee), Omaha, NEMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Freshly cooked beef everyday
Cons: pay
actually cook their beef its not pre-processed, competitive prices, friendly customer service, very precise, clean, wonderful to be around
Upbeat, fast pace work enviroment.
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Pierre, SDMarch 21, 2015
Pros: free meals
Cons: short breaks
Loved working at taco john's. The pay was good, and the employees were competent. The only problem I had was the lack of communication between shifts and managers, and the lack of any form of punishments, write-ups were meaningless and laughed upon.
I enjoyed making people happy.
Cashier/Crew Member (Former Employee), Independence, MOMarch 18, 2015
Pros: we got 50% off on our food.
Cons: no medicals for me.
I had to mop, clean restrooms, dishes, made customers smile & love me too, we acted like Family there too. I really miss my Job, on Birthdays they made cake for you, we had Christmas parties there too, a whole bunch great memories!!!
Good place for a first job
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Butte, MTFebruary 24, 2015
With right crew it was fun to work there and the hours weren't bad. the management is nice and would listen if you had a resonable complaint and would try and fix it.
fun enviroment
Food Service Employee (Former Employee), Broken Bow, NEFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: healthcare, meal/30 min break
Cons: not alot of communication between staff
manager works with you on hours, i got to learn everything there was about taco johns, enjoyed the people i worked with, the most enjoyable part of the job would have been everyone i had worked with seemed to make the days go good for everyone we all had a lot of fun working together.
a dull and unprofessional place to work
Crew Member/Crew Trainer (Former Employee), Evansville, INJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: some good co-workers
Cons: everything
a typical day at work was hard and very stressful. i did not learn anything but to control my anger while employed there. The management there when i left was not very professional nor helpful. the co-workers were unprofessional and lazy and disrespectful. The most enjoyable part of the day was leaving and going home.
A Day at Taco Johns
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee), Des Moines, IAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: half price meals on or off the clock
Cons: long hrs lol
A typical day would start by me getting ready for work taking kids to the day care. Then heading off to work. I would always go to work with a smile on my face geared for a successful day. It wouldn't matter what has happened in my life outside the work doors. When I walked through the doors of Taco Johns it was about work everything else no longer excistid to me. My employees and myself would make the customers happy by our fast friendly service.
it was okay, as long as i wasnt the only one working
Kitchen Floater (Former Employee), Bemidji, MNJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: free potato oles
Cons: horrible management, lazy employees, didnt get breaks because i didnt smoke
I would walk into work and immediately get to work,stocking the kitchen, cleaning the kitchen, bathroom and lobby until the lunch rush came, then i would start cooking for the customers and orders that came through until it was time to do my nightly duties, which i usally did by myself because i was new and the other employees were related to the manager.
i learned you can quit a job when you dont like it, not only when you were forced to by your life situation.
the management was horrible, played favorites,and would take breaks at the busiest rushes.
My co-workers were nice, but very lazy.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with it.
the most enjoyable part of the job was quitting.
Food management, what can you say?
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Evansville, INJanuary 14, 2015
Food management is an exhausting job, but my manager was amazing, cared a lot about her customers and employees. The company it's self was not so great though. Which is why I left.
It was an ok work place for my very first job
Crew Memeber (Former Employee), Little Canada, MNJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: good hours and good for my schedule
Cons: the pay and how the manager acted towards everyone who work there.
Taco Johns is not a place i would recommend to work just because the one i work at wasnt the best. I had to make sure everyday it was clean because if i didnt clean it no one else would the manager was not a good manager at all. But besides that i work with other girls my age also i didnt mind the labor.
Fast Paced
Shift Manager (Current Employee), Cape Girardeau, MOJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: healthcare
food preparation,
take orders
customer service with a smile
count money,
learned how to be fast on my feet as well as more outgoing
management can be difficult at times but also rewarding
Productive and fun at work
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee), Des Moines, IADecember 9, 2014
A day at work with me was when you walked through the work doors the outside world no longer excisted. Except for our customers. We would be smiling even have fun. But always completed our work including extra cleaning jobs. Customers would leave satisfied.
Assistant Management
Assistant Manager/Shift Manager (Current Employee), Mankato, MNDecember 7, 2014
• Train new employees
• Open and close the store
• Delegate responsibilities of workers
• Address customer complaints
• Manage financials
• Supervise employees
• Tally daily and monthly inventory
• Order supplies for the store
• Assemble menu items
Taco Johns was a good first job.
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Detroit Lakes, MNNovember 24, 2014
At Taco Johns a typical day would involve preparing food, providing costumer service to all costumers, cleaning up the kitchen and specific daily tasks. Taco Johns provided me with a good work ethic, sense of responsibility and helped me to work around people. The most enjoyable part of working at Taco Johns was having great people to work with and a fun environment.
Productive workplace
Cashier and Custodian (Former Employee), Elk River, MNNovember 12, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: lots of drug addicts
I would always stay busy because i wanted to stay busy. I was cleaning bathrooms, taking orders, greeting customers, making sure customers were satisfied. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting the new faces and taking their orders.
productive and always thinking on your toes
Crew Member (Former Employee), Oskaloosa, IANovember 11, 2014
Pros: 50% off food when working
Cons: pay isn't the best for the amount of work needing done while there
making customers happy
making sure customers orders are correctly made
keeping a smile is always enjoyable for customers

1 2 3 4 5