Taco Johns

Taco Johns Employee Reviews

It was a fun job because I had a close group of coworkers
Crew Member/Crew Leader (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MNJuly 28, 2015
Pros: 50% discount, paid breaks
Cons: No benefits
The managers were really great, they were supportive, the crew was close because of the small size. We all worked a lot and though it became repetitive, at least there was someone to talk to about it.
Taking Charge
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Cody, WYJuly 25, 2015
As a shift supervisor I was in charge of making sure that everything ran smoothly on the nights that the night manager was not there. I made sure everyone knew where they were to be for the night and what all tasks needed to be accomplished. Working here I was able to hone my skills as a leader.
Fun and Interesting place to be
Lead Crew (Former Employee), Sioux Falls, SDJuly 15, 2015
Pros: 50% discount, employee of the month
Cons: constant change to recipes and policies
You at some point through out the day got to do it all from cooking, to taking orders, prepping food, and frying, which meant that you were never really bored. We had a lot of co-workers come and go for various reasons but you get to meet and enjoy a lot of different people.
Fast food
General Manager (Former Employee), CheyenneJuly 14, 2015
This Company is one that could careless if you stay or go. They treat Employees like dirt and management like idiots. Do not expect support from Execs in getting thing done.
good place to work
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee), Atchison, KSJune 29, 2015
Pros: a good place to work
Cons: did not act professinal
count down register get change ready for to take to bank and put back in register cut and prepare food and run register such as drive and front also prepare food clean and close store
Great boss/owner
Supervisor (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEJune 22, 2015
Pros: Bosse, coworkers
Cons: no benefits
One of the best places to work in Columbus Ne, Coworkers were great and our bosses were awesome, always had respect for all employees , very minimal tuenover
Taco Johns has a great franchise with great people
General Manager (Former Employee), Wahpeton, NDJune 20, 2015
Pros: great food
Cons: working holidays
I was the general manager of an independently owned franchise. The company as a whole is filled with great people. We had a great time in our restaurant and made it fun. The customers are great and its a fun environment
Fun Environment And Good Crew
Restaurant Leader (Former Employee), Ankeny, IAJune 16, 2015
Pros: Discounted Food
Cons: Disgruntled Customers
A day at work involved cleaning, prepping food, store, money, etc. I learned how to work in a more timely fashion. I worked hard to make my way to management and keep my team on track. My co-workers and I had a fun relationship. The hardest part of the job was dealing with dishonest customers. I enjoyed the down time between rushes.
Fast Food
Team Member (Former Employee), Watford, NDMay 30, 2015
I worked for taco johns in North Dakota just to save enough money to get home. You make a good living there. My co-workers were absolutely outstanding!
Complex, Multitasking, Professional, and Communication
Food Handler (Former Employee), Hudson, WIApril 29, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches
Cons: Afternoon Rush's
Taco John's offered me the ability to master customer service, working with co-workers, handling currency quickly and efficiently; Food Safety.
Hated management
Restaurant Leader (Former Employee), Des Moines, IAApril 21, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Everything
I like my position when I 1st started but when management changed it was horrible. The manager picked favorites and was not fair. She gave a promotion to someone who shouldn't of gotten it.
Fun and productive workplace, very good coworkers
Assistant Manager Trainee (Former Employee), Billings, MTApril 16, 2015
I really enjoyed the environment I worked in, my coworkers were a lot of help when I was in training. The hardest part of the job was learning about the assistant manager trainee position.
fast paced environment
Line Cook (Former Employee), Kaukauna, WIApril 4, 2015
this is a good job for anyone who does not like to sit around and have lots of down time. this job is fast paced and demanding.
Taco Johns was a great first job.
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee), Havre, MTMarch 26, 2015
A typical day at Taco Johns usually consisted of taking orders, preparing them, cleaning, and duties such as opening and closing out the tills.

Taco Johns was my first job so I defiantly learned a lot here. I learned basic skills such as working with tills and have expanded my knowledge of counting money.

I loved working with my co-workers there but the management could have been better. There was only one full time store manager that actually worked in the store and did all the scheduling so of course that would lead to a lot of stress on one person. But other than that it was all great.

The hardest part of the job was just the fact that I was working during school and they didn't have enough employees to cover both stores at all times so I was often called in on days when I had a lot of school work to do. Or I was going to high school full time and working 35+ hours a week due to lack of employees. But the management did a great job at fixing that problem so the kids in high school didn't have to choose between getting school work done and working long hours.

The most enjoyable part of the job was defiantly working with the people I did. We really did work as a team and got stuff done quick with great quality. I also got a chance to be a shift leader which taught me a lot and i enjoyed the challenge.
Great food
Fast Food Worker (Former Employee), Omaha, NEMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Freshly cooked beef everyday
Cons: pay
actually cook their beef its not pre-processed, competitive prices, friendly customer service, very precise, clean, wonderful to be around
Upbeat, fast pace work enviroment.
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Pierre, SDMarch 21, 2015
Pros: free meals
Cons: short breaks
Loved working at taco john's. The pay was good, and the employees were competent. The only problem I had was the lack of communication between shifts and managers, and the lack of any form of punishments, write-ups were meaningless and laughed upon.
I enjoyed making people happy.
Cashier/Crew Member (Former Employee), Independence, MOMarch 18, 2015
Pros: we got 50% off on our food.
Cons: no medicals for me.
I had to mop, clean restrooms, dishes, made customers smile & love me too, we acted like Family there too. I really miss my Job, on Birthdays they made cake for you, we had Christmas parties there too, a whole bunch great memories!!!
Good place for a first job
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Butte, MTFebruary 24, 2015
With right crew it was fun to work there and the hours weren't bad. the management is nice and would listen if you had a resonable complaint and would try and fix it.
fun enviroment
Food Service Employee (Former Employee), Broken Bow, NEFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: healthcare, meal/30 min break
Cons: not alot of communication between staff
manager works with you on hours, i got to learn everything there was about taco johns, enjoyed the people i worked with, the most enjoyable part of the job would have been everyone i had worked with seemed to make the days go good for everyone we all had a lot of fun working together.
a dull and unprofessional place to work
Crew Member/Crew Trainer (Former Employee), Evansville, INJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: some good co-workers
Cons: everything
a typical day at work was hard and very stressful. i did not learn anything but to control my anger while employed there. The management there when i left was not very professional nor helpful. the co-workers were unprofessional and lazy and disrespectful. The most enjoyable part of the day was leaving and going home.

1 2 3 4 5