Taco Johns

Taco Johns Employer Reviews

productive and always thinking on your toes
Crew Member (Former Employee), Oskaloosa, IANovember 11, 2014
Pros: 50% off food when working
Cons: pay isn't the best for the amount of work needing done while there
making customers happy
making sure customers orders are correctly made
keeping a smile is always enjoyable for customers
fun work place with great advancements
Crew Member (Former Employee), York, NEOctober 20, 2014
Pros: great food, new items, friendly environment
Cons: side choices
prep food for shift
handled payments
greet guest
keep up on dishes
stocked ice for fountain machines
introduced new items
the best part of going to work is everyone being positive and have a great attitude
Supervisor (Former Employee), McCook, NEOctober 13, 2014
I enjoyed everyone that i worked with. Everyone had a positive attitude and great personality.
Not Paid enough
Order taker/ Drive thru (Former Employee), White Bear Lake, MNSeptember 30, 2014
While working at Taco John's I felt used. I didn't feel like I was aid enough and the management was terrible. They were unorganized and not personable.
Fast pased work environment
Crew Member (Former Employee), Loveland, COSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: fun and friendly co workers
Cons: no breaks unless your not busy, which is almost never
This is an excellent job for teens that are looking for a first time job, summer job. I really do not feel it is somewhere to stay long term unless you plan to advance into management.
Fun co-worker environment, neat store, with mediocre management
Crew Member (Former Employee), Blaine, MNSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: free food occasionally given, great co-workers, flexible hours
Cons: 10 minute breaks, no lunch break, often under-staffed, very warm environment during summer
This was my first actual job, and I believe I learned a lot about the employment system as well as what I do and don't like in a job. I believe it increased my social skills exponentially. A typical day at work for me involved lots of food preparation, with speed and accuracy being of the utmost importance (our finished menu items were often weighed – more... to measure accuracy), when I wasn't cooking, there was always something to clean or wash. I also managed a cash drawer fairly often, and found it quite simple and always finished with a dead-on drawer total. I easily became friends with many of my co-workers, and even hung out with them outside of work occasionally. The shift management team was good, but the actual managers/ owners of the store sometimes didn't order the right amount of ingredients, tools, etc. Which made things more difficult sometimes, but we always found a way to make it work. The job didn't really have a hardest part, you just have to make sure you stay on task as much as possible. The most enjoyable part for me was the co-worker interaction. – less
Loved working here
Opener (Former Employee), Russellville, ARSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: had fun had a great manager and loved working
Cons: had a boss that screamed at me
When I worked at Taco Johns I loved the work I loved what I did, Had lots of fun but The owner and I disagreed because he thought it was okay to scream at me over something someone else did. I will not allow anyone to scream at me so I was fired.
Loved the crew
Manager (Former Employee), Lexington, NEAugust 22, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: long hours
long hours. Learned better management skills. The hardest part of the job was all the hours that I was working. Loved the crew and the customers.
Very professional workplace.
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee), Mountain Home, IDAugust 18, 2014
Pros: great coworkers and bosses
Cons: short breaks. get heatic sometimes
A typical busy day at taco johns would be you would get to work and get to your position which could be tills 1,2, or 3 which 1 and 2 are front tills and 3 is window or you could get assigned to cook which you could be the main cook or the garnishee or the wrapper. Another position is drinks mint and lobby which mean you get the drinks mint the lobby. – more... We did that to make sure that our customers knew that we were making sure that there food and visit was great. Lobby was just checking the tables and floors for any messes. I learned that you if you come to work in a great mood you will have customers leaving in a great mood. Working isn't all about just getting the job done its about making sure your customers and coworkers are doing good. Yes you have to clean and do your job but make it fun while your at it. – less
Family Owned Resturant
Resturant Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Peru, INAugust 14, 2014
Talking to customers and the owners on a professional everyday level.
great place to work, get along with co-workers
front lobby cleaning (Current Employee), Williston, NDAugust 12, 2014
like the management, I have a set routine to help the job efficiancy
good place for beginners
General Manager (Current Employee), Fort Dodge, IAJuly 25, 2014
Pros: 1 free meal per day, being my own boss. rarely seeing the owners
I have learned people management skills, organization is key to a successful operation, and the hardest part is coping with your employees.

A typical day is pretty routine.

Menu changes are common.

With this store there are little benefits or chances for improvement based on unwillingness by the owner to advertise outside the usual.
Learned customer service
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Hot Springs, SDJuly 22, 2014
Watch over co-workers
handling money/deposits
handling any issues the customer has

The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to interact with different types of people every day.

The hardest part of the job was when issues arise, sometimes you always had to admit to yourself you were wrong because the customer was always right.
fun place to work
Shift supervisor (Former Employee), Mankato, MNJuly 14, 2014
A good place to eat, Good place to work.
Made food, took customer orders
did dishes. I ordered for the shipment for the week. Went to bank
helped out with making schedule for employees
Good environment
Crew Leader/Crew Member (Former Employee), Grinnell, IAJune 16, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
It was a good place to work at. I learned a good work ethic from my friends and co-workers. The hardest part of the job was when I left.
FUN working environment
Crew Shift Leader (Former Employee), Williston, NDMay 17, 2014
Pros: very clean work place
Cons: do not get free meals
management and training was a blast everyone is so friendly and they kept a professional working environment but made work an exciting place to be!
Nice hometown company and great for college or high school
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Mankato, MNApril 13, 2014
I loved working here when I was in high school. flexible schedule and great management. You cannot support a family or a mortgage on this wage, though.
great people
Crew Member (Former Employee), Billings, MTApril 4, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: not enogh team work
i love the management and the people who work there the food is some of my favorite and its very clean
Would not recommend working there
cashier (Former Employee), thief river falls mnApril 1, 2014
Pros: 3.50 off meals while not working
Cons: drama. treated like a slave
I worked at tjs for less then a year. Hours where good until I got dropped from 30 hrs down to 10 hrs due to management issues. I got tired of the drama everyday. Working with a poor team made my days seem like I was a slave.
Enjoyed the shift i worked
Crew Member (Former Employee), Chippewa Falls, WIMarch 31, 2014
I enjoyed the shift i worked on, a lot of the crew members got a long well and had their strengths and everyone knew the strengths and weaknesses so everyone knew where to be and where not to be. The opposites shift management and cross overs were not as understanding and would get upset when things went wrong when we were forced to do things they knew – more... we were not the best suit for that area – less

1 2 3 4 5