Taco Mac Employee Reviews

productive and enjoyable workplace
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 13, 2017
The management made the job easy to do my job. It was a relaxed workace and I learned alot while working there. They were flexible with the schedule, and they treated all of the employees fair and with the utmost respect.
Productive work atmosphere
Cook (Current Employee) –  Roswell, GANovember 1, 2017
Helped in kitchen cleaning, dish and utensil washing, stacking, and storing
Followed facility cleaning and sanitation standards
Maintained and cleaned refrigerators
Set up, arranged, and performed tray line duties
Assisted cooks in food preparation as needed
It is what you make of it
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 30, 2017
Your given a great opportunity with a great up and coming brand. Work hard and it will pay off. The environment is fun to work in. You will meet a lot of fun and cool people as well.
Pros
Free lunches, Pto, benfits
Cons
60+ hours a week
Can make good money
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, GAOctober 29, 2017
Work hard and make money! The managers are great to be around and help you through stressful shifts. My coworker are pretty awesome as well. Everyone is like family
Pros
Work availability
Cons
Hard to have a break and eat when busy
Fast Pace enviroment
Server (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAOctober 25, 2017
I learned great customer service skills. All of my co-workers were a delight to work with. I made relationships with a lot of my customers. Management were pretty much laid back sometimes too laid back.
Pros
Nice Regular Customers
Cons
There was not much room to move up in the busines
Awesome place to enjoy sports while you feast on wings and beverages
Maintenance Worker/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAOctober 21, 2017
Very fun and outgoing place to order a wide variety of food and drinks and watch a great selection of your favorite sports. Not stressful at all unless you make it that way, plan things ahead on how you will tackle certain situations in a timely manner. Management was very supportive in our daily routine in setting up meetings to see how we can all feel safe and assured in finding solutions. The only hard part is watching your team lose but other than that, I love seeing the guest happy and enjoying themselves. I learned that wherever you work, your gonna have your ups and downs, you have to come in with that unfailing sense of good character and keep pushing for greatness because you never know who you may run into that may brighten your day just by how you carry yourself in certain settings.
Pros
Wide selection of drinks and food and the support from the sports fans
Cons
working hours not enough
Sports Bar
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 17, 2017
Not a fun spot to work. Management was callous, pay was poor, product consistently mediocre. I would say that I did improve my handling of large parties and too many tables due to a poorly run front of house that either overloaded or under-loaded its staff.
Pros
Lots of TVs
bitter sweet
Server (Current Employee) –  Roswell, GAOctober 17, 2017
i enjoyed working at taco mac it was alot of fun people were great. The management was awful. They were causing the restaurant to fail so. i would recommend it because the money is great just wasn't at my particular store
Pros
people money
Bad Management / Overall restaurant has potential
Server / Customer Service (Product Knowledge) (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 7, 2017
Taco Mac has the opportunity to be great but the mangers that are hired for the position are not capable of upholding the responsibility. Many of the managers do not communicate and are extremely unprofessional. As a server you are capable of making money yet the customer pace is inconsistant
Pros
Great server personalities, Able to create memories, Managers have a sense of humor
Cons
Inconsistent cliental, Poor management decisions
Amazing Company
SERVICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 5, 2017
Taco Mac is a Great Place To Work. Very fast Paced. The Teamwork And organization was awesome. I would recommend anyone to work here. I learned So much.
Pros
Great Overall
Cons
Long Hours
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 3, 2017
Tacomac is a great conpany to work for. They value and cherish their employees. Everyone works together as a team helping one another out. Management is always willing to lend a helping hand.
You can make money but it is stressful.
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 1, 2017
As far as serving jobs go this job was SUPER scripted as it became more and more corporate during the time I worked there. I don't think they gave the servers/bartenders the ability to cater to customers specific needs. Very much micro-managed. That being said you can make decent money, however it is a very stressful work environment.
Stressfull
Bartender/server (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 23, 2017
Poor management. Management changed to often. don't care about employees. Loyalty is not rewarded. to many staff on at one time. don't make money. LOTS of SIDEWORK
Corporate and long shifts
Server (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GAAugust 20, 2017
Taco Mac was my second serving job and I wanted to be in an environment where I could watch football games every day and still get paid. However, that came at a price. The shifts were long (14 hour shifts) and we barely had time to eat lunch, and people would sit at the table for 4-5 hours to watch the game and end up spending only $40 on a meal. It was hard to turn tables and the management was pretty terrible at boosting morale.

I did learn steps of service, ended up becoming ServSafe certified and was able to learn how to properly take constructive criticism.
Pros
Watch football, work with my good friend, try new beers
Cons
Long shifts, short breaks, bad management
The worst job i've ever had
Server/Host (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 12, 2017
I would never refer anyone to this place. The staff are rude, they have no patience, and learning something there can be an extremely stressful situation.
Pros
free food
Cons
no breaks
Crazy hours
Manager (Former Employee) –  GAAugust 8, 2017
This job is great for learning the basics of becoming a manager, however you will more than likely be closing most of your shifts. This means getting off work around 4am every night
Pros
Benefits, manager experience
Cons
Hours and pay
Productive, competitive
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Peachtree City, GAAugust 7, 2017
Great place to work. It's productive and competitive. As well as fast paced. They give you the opportunity to advance within the company and the management team are very helpful.
Cooking
Cook (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaAugust 6, 2017
I've been a cook for a few years 10 years to be exact, and I've been in multiple amounts of atmosphere's. Taco mac was fast past but I've worked in harder conditions. Cutting trees down and ect.
Great Place to work
Server (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 31, 2017
Taco Mac is a great place to work and grow. Fun work environment. Great staff, great food and best beer selection you can choose from. The guests are great!
good company to start with
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Newnan, GAJuly 24, 2017
great company if you're just starting or looking for somewhere to grow.Very flexible hours. Compensation is above fair and thenoverall culture and company is good to work for