Taco Mac

Taco Mac Employee Reviews

100 beers on draft, good food, and we are also family friendly!
Server/Bartender (Current Employee), Decatur, GAJune 16, 2015
My typical work day consists of me making drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) for my guests and the other guests in the restaurant. Placing togo orders and making plenty of financial transactions. At this job I have learned the many different styles of beers as well as gain more knowledge about different types of alcohol and wine. I cannot really think of anything hard about my job, but the most enjoyable part of my job is making my guest feel welcomed and knowing that I gave them excellent customer service that will ensure that they will return.
All good things came to an end
Lead Server (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAJune 10, 2015
Pros: Staff and Sports
Cons: Everything else.
Started off great then things wen to the grave and stayed. Company got bought out and things weren't the same. Food isn't as great as it once was either.
fair
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Charlotte NCMarch 20, 2015
Pros: a fair job
Cons: the job was in nc
All i did all day was washdishes
to wash dishes at a fast passe
bosses were kind of cool
people i worked with were ok
doing the dishes in very hot water
getting the dishes done and stacked where they belong
Fun fast paced enviroment
Food Server Expo and Host (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAMarch 19, 2015
Pros: 1/2 off on meals, easy schedule
Cons: long hours sometimes then no hours
The shift starts with a shift meeting. In this shift meeting we go over goals that management has for us and new sales promotions that the company is having. Since working for Taco Mac I have learned how complex beer actually is. There are several different categories of beer and they all have different flavors. Management is a work in progress. I enjoy my co workers and we all work as a team to keep guests happy. The hardest part of the job is remaining humble and smiling when guests aren't the nicest. The best part of the job is the interesting people that I get to meet while waiting tables.
Excellent place to interact with all kinds of people.
Server (Current Employee), Decatur, GAFebruary 20, 2015
Fun working fast pace environment
Fast Track to Management Program/Server (Current Employee), Suwanee, GAFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: the regulars
Cons: the money
I love the people I worked with, and especially loved the management team. The best management team I have ever worked for.
decent food, great beer selection
Server/Waiter (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: fun staff
Cons: overworked
While I enjoyed working with my coworkers at Taco Mac, it was a very stressful job, with the constant over turn of managers, and the lack of front of house help they allowed on the floor.
They over work the employees, working 50-60 hour weeks, doubles included which could turn into 18 hour shifts with no breaks.
Great employer. Great food.
Cook (Former Employee), Huntersville, NCNovember 19, 2014
Working for Taco Mac was a pleasure. I enjoyed putting gout great food
fun work place
Server/Hostess (Current Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 4, 2014
Great work environment, friendly co-workers and ,management
flexible work schedule
Great Job, but no secured future.
Server (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 30, 2014
Pros: friends, discount, and fast money
Cons: work load and stress
I loved working at Taco Mac.The people there are like family. The turnover rate was very high, but you really have to be built for this type of lifestyle in the service industry. The people that come in are very friendly and passionate about the beer selections. The only thing I did not like was the work load. I was a full time student, and I worked over 40 hours alone on the weekends. I had no social life. I did not see me progressing here, so I decided to get out.
Exciting environment to work it.
HOSTESS/HOST TRAINER (Former Employee), Sandy Springs, GAOctober 29, 2014
I went from a Hostess to a Host Trainer. One of the managers were trying to promote me to a server but the hours didn't go well with my school schedule at the time. I had a great team for the most part. New managers came and went. Being in an environment where people got intoxicated or became too loud watching the game, did become exhausting for me. Overall, I appreciate the experience I received when I was there.
Not a great place to work
Line Cook (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNOctober 24, 2014
Not a great job and bad hours. If you do a good job they will keep you in that position so its hard to advance.
Best restaurant!
Server (Former Employee), Kennesaw, GASeptember 26, 2014
Best restaurant! Best wings! Would love to revisit and see old friends and coworkers! Hardest part of the job was the pay, but that's server life! The best part was working with great people and eating great food!
management is awful
cook (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 25, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: bad enviroment
no management support with serious issues ... such assexual harrassment , and bullying
Great money, but for some reason, everyone hates to be there
Manager Trainee Program (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 4, 2014
Manager Trainee Program taught me a LOT. Great management techniques and ways to run a very successful site.
Long hours, hard work, but as far as waiting tables, good money
Waiter (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GaJuly 12, 2014
Pros: half off food, good pay, easy to request off
Cons: during saturdays and sundays if you work all day you get no break, lots of hard unnecessary work, bad sleep schedule, high turnover rate between coworkers and management
Taco Mac is a very complicated work place. Even though it is like most serving jobs it requires a lot of hard work regardless of equal compensation. Some days you can work hard and make no money, other times you can work hard and make a lot of money. Managers as well as servers have a terrible turnover rate with people either getting fired or quitting at a pretty high rate. The system that taco mac has is good and it generally runs efficiently regardless of how busy the restaurant is, which is part of the intrigue. They play biases on who moves up in command and it's not always based upon performance. The money is generally good and that's why so many people stick around.
Fast paced, overworked
Server (Former Employee), Virginia Highlands, Atlanta, GAJune 20, 2014
Pros: usually busy
Cons: late nights, bad management, no free lunches for doubles, old and dirty environment
Secret shops keep you on your toes and keep service going well. Most of my co workers were deadbeats and drop outs who just didn't care, it was not the environment I wanted to be in but I was making great money. I was their hardest working employee, so they gave me plenty of shifts, but it was too much when I was at work more than at college as a full time student. I unfortunately had to quit to focus on school and find a job that would listen to my schedule needs and understand that school is priority. We had several managers throughout the day, therefore there was a lot of passing of responsibilities which became quite frustrating. I learned how to work in a face paced, high volume environment very quickly. We had no hostess or bussers, so you were all on your own as server.
No Benefits for employees, But teamwork is a plus
Chef (Current Employee), GAJune 18, 2014
Pros: mid-meals
Cons: no breaks, even through a 15hr shift
A typical work day is long and strenuous, but that is a typical line cooks day. Standing all day is a must and a requirement, but if u are hurt or sick, Its all on you, you must foot the whole bill, there are not any supplemental health care plans even offered. But management can receive that care but other employees cannot.

The hardest part of the job is the inconsistency of the management and the schedule posted week to week. Theres always a change in a shift and no proper notification, no call or anything till the last minute, and your supposed to jump on a whim and appease there needs, but it is not given in return.
Very dependable and aggressive company
Cook (Former Employee), Woodstock, GAMay 20, 2014
Pros: team work was wonderful there
Cons: not enough employees per shift
Very fast past the way I enjoy and the opp . to train the managers was very exciting and a rewarding. Enjoyed the staff and the energy.
Sports bar, overall fun managers, team members and atmosphere.
Server (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 15, 2014
Pros: equal work, hours were great, management was great
Cons: no breaks, food discounts wasn't great
Greeted by customers ready to be served and have a great time. Team work was a big part of the restaurant. Made work easy and fun. I learned about teamwork and how it makes the restaurant experience flow with ease. Management was very professional and fair. Management was very involved with employees and guest. Co-workers were also big on team work and team efforts everyone stuck together making the day go by fast and ready to come to work the next day. The hardest part of the job would be the guest abusing the alcohol and not wanting to go home. Most enjoyable part of the job is the fun atmosphere our team members created.

1 2 3