Taco Mac Employee Reviews

Lots of hours, but great company
Manager (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaFebruary 18, 2017
I worked too many hours, even by restaurant manager standards, but the company truly focuses on creating a team environment and knows how to cater to their guests while catering to their employees at the same time. There are systems in place to set each employee up for success. The Corporate office goes above and beyond to provide in house training for all of their employees. Before I left, the company began making changes that were a bit hard to keep up with, but they've since fixed that problem.
Pros
Excellent in-house growth opportunities, paid vacation even for hourly employees
Cons
Too many hours
Fast paste
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 16, 2017
Working at taco mac was very fast paste. We had certain steps we had to go through at every table as servers. I learned how to work fast and respectable in a work environment filled with people. It was often difficult to talk to angry customers about there food, But part of being a server it was my job to make them happy again. My all time favorite part of the job was meeting new people.
Pros
money, meet new people, fast paste
Cons
no breaks, long days
It's a pretty standard restaurant job
Expediter/Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJanuary 16, 2017
It doesn't really differ from other restaurant jobs. The best part about it is the people that work there. They will become like family faster than at any other job I have ever worked.
Pros
Back of house gets free shift meals (up to $10)
Cons
Doubles are killer
Fun place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAJanuary 11, 2017
Taco mac is fun on a typical day, but during football season things get out of control. If the location is well-staffed this may not be the case, but management did not handle it well at my particular location. Overworked schedule left me exhausted during that time, but I did make a lot of money. The high schoolers though? Don't get me started. Over-all I loved learning about beer and getting to try new ones often. The staff was really cool and laid-back and generally so is the clientele.
Pros
Become a beer wiz, Casual, Lucrative at peak season, Friendly Management
Cons
Long slow season, High School Location, Pushy sales promotions
server
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 9, 2017
Taco Mac is a good company to work for, Along with its great food and core beliefs and values, I am honored to have been with the company for a year and counting.
best place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GADecember 11, 2016
managers are respectful and work with you and your schedule. There is a lot of team work and it is a very happy and fun environment to work in. you have a lot of flexibility here and room for growth.
Great environment for part time job!
Server (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GADecember 9, 2016
Great job for everyday cash and good time! Management not so good and hours are not suitable for parents. No incentives for sales and only thing good were the tips and fun experiences!
Pros
Great tips!
Cons
Hours and Management
Fun and Family Oriented
Server (Current Employee) –  Stockbridge, GADecember 4, 2016
Working at taco mac , like any job you make friends whether its your coworkers or regular customers. The most enjoyable part of mu job was working during basketball, and football season the place was filled with excitement .
Intense place to work but it was well worth it
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, GADecember 3, 2016
Working at Taco Mac was difficult. You work long hours and many days per week. I learned a lot about people through the eyes of the service industry and I learned how to balance a busy work life and being a college student. My co-workers were like family to me and I found myself thriving in a team like environment.
Fun
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GANovember 30, 2016
This is a great place to meet all kinds of different people and get to know others. It was actually pretty okay money as a hostess and a lot of the servers had regulars that loved them and they made great money
First Job
Host (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GANovember 29, 2016
This was a wonderful first job experience. I learned a lot about many different areas of a restaurants, and how to run it.
Belittling work experience.
Host/Expo (Current Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GANovember 29, 2016
Management does not care about the employees and how they run the store. They don't communicate with you and they lie about how much you get paid. Everyday they make you wait to clock in but ask you to do stuff off the clock. The hardest part about working at Taco Mac is that you never have a set schedule and they are not consistent with the hours they give you. The most enjoyable part of working there was the other employees, we all helped each other stay positive.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Very unorganized lack team work kitchen staff is horrible.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Buckhead, GANovember 17, 2016
The turn over rate for restaurants are very high in general but at the Taco Mac in Lindbergh Ga its even worst they hire just anyone I felt like I was doing everyone's job by myself and the managers don't enforce they to do anything they know you will do it so they just keep coming back to the one who actually cares
Pros
50% of meals
Cons
no breaks stay overtime
Great Experience
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Canton, GANovember 14, 2016
I've spent 3 years working for Taco Mac, and have been given ample opportunity to advance and excel. Good company, great management, and a lot of potential for growth.
Pros
Hours, Competitive work environment, Successful company
Cons
Little to no breaks, Long weekends, Weak entry level benefits
Experience
Work as an host and server assistant (Former Employee) –  Buford, GASeptember 27, 2016
I would walk in clean up the front make sure things are straightened out and i would approach everyone and seat them and make sure they are taken care of. Management was okay and the hardest part was game days, and the most enjoyable part was to work with my coworkers.
Pros
Great customer service
Cons
No Tips
Great Sport's Bar
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 23, 2016
This is a fast paste, great interacting, work environment. The employees are warming and all help out if in need.The mangers are corroborative with work schedules. Working her has taught me how working in a busy restaurant build my strength and also being quick at multi- tasking.
Need better management
Host (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaSeptember 18, 2016
More cons then pros. Not a good place to work unless you really need the money. They will literally hire anyone which is the only pro and ironically is also a con
During football season this a great place to make money.
Sales Person/Server (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GASeptember 2, 2016
I enjoyed working during football season. There is a lot of money to be made if you put in the work. Just like in any restaurant there is drama,but you have to avoid it.
Student's Paradise? Or Something Else?
HOST, SERVER, LINE COOK (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 27, 2016
This was my first serious job. I learned so much from this place from customer service skills to how to cook on a flat top grill. My position here was a host. That position was the easiest/hardest you greet and seat people to the assigned severs section. They thing is most people think you're a manager and if they hadn't been greeted in a timely manner they're coming at you full force. After awhile you build some grit, so it's not bad.
So you've been hosting awhile and you want to try out serving. If you feel ready to advance and you know the menu well enough. Within a week or too you're bumped up to the server position.A little harder work, more responsibility but more money. Within the server hierarchy there a three tiers at this place. Volume(5 hour shift) Stay Thru(Extended Stay) Closer( Cleans Ups Closes Up). With each level there is more money to be made. Longer you stay the more potential customers are going to come and that means more tips.

So from being a server you can upgrade to bar-back and then to Bartender. Most people go hybrid and bar-tend and serve until they're ready to become a full time bartender. They really good money to.

The hardest thing at the time was becoming a manager, especially if you're really good what you do. It could different now though.

You can also from front of the house position to back of the house position at will. They train you and then you're in it.

If you know restaurant culture you know you can have bad days and good days. They people slowly become like family and family can be dysfunctional but it's great to meet
  more... all the interesting folks that come through there.  less
Pros
Constant Money Making
Cons
Hard To Move All The Way Up ( At that time)
Fun job
Lead Night Cook (Former Employee) –  Atlanta,GaAugust 23, 2016
The job was high paying for me before the new GM came in with all the lies and promises the job just became a job. Overall great staff.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Closing every night

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Taco Mac. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9