Taco Time Northwest Employee Reviews

Taco Time in Mount Vernon has a great work environment with kind staff.
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, WAJune 11, 2017
In my time working here so far I have had no issues and the other employees have been wonderful. It's a rather simple job with great co-workers and good hours.
Pros
Great employee discount
Cons
Shortstaffed
Another food job
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Auburn, WAMay 10, 2017
If you've worked the food service before, it's just another food job you're going to grow tired of. The only good thing I can say is the schedule will be posted on time.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Everything else
Good pay for fast food
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 10, 2017
Stays just ahead of minimum wage, which makes them a competitive employer. Customer service is always taxing, but good coworkers go a long way. Discount on food for employees.
stressfull
training floor supervisor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, WAMarch 13, 2017
a typical work day would consist of being berated by customers and working hard for a low wage. the culture in the work place is chaotic and undesirable.
Pros
free food
Cons
no healthcare
It's okay.
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Port Orchard, WAFebruary 24, 2017
Work days are very stressful and can be crazy, I learned better customer service and many food handling techniques. Not a big fan on the environment but not a bad place to work and management is fabulous.
Pros
discounts
Cons
nothing
Good
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Silverdale, WAFebruary 22, 2017
Good company to work for, I have really enjoyed my time there and plan to continue for a long time. Possibly a career. I have a typical day of customer service and a specific menu. Good management, and the whole job can be hard, but it always gives satisfaction which makes it the most enjoyable.
Good crew calls for a good shift
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Port Angeles, WAFebruary 18, 2017
Working at Taco Time is like working with friends and family. When there's issues, we sort them out. When there's stressful situations, we use teamwork. Following checklists to make sure everything this done and caught up. Although there are some things thatseem unfair or over looked, but no work place is perfect, and tomorrow is a new day.
Pros
Pto, long term benefits, good hours
Cons
Short breaks, repetitive tasks, customers attitude
Mangers come and go to often
Cook/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Spokane waSeptember 29, 2016
I've work at taco time on north division for almost 2 years and have been through 9 different managers. It's a good job for a first time, but not if you want a stready schedule every week with flexible hours taco time isn't for you.
Pros
50% off food
Cons
Service
Not the greatest, but a good start
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Moses Lake, WAAugust 6, 2016
A typical work day you walk in and its just go, go, go. The store isn't busy enough to be fully staffed so you are doing the work of 2 people all day. Sometimes the stress gets to everybody.
Pros
Regular customers
Cons
Short breaks, high stress
Fast paced, fun workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Stanwood, WAJuly 19, 2016
Taco time was a fast paced fun work environment. I opened and closed. Opening consisted of mopping, prepping food, cleaning the kitchen and dishes. Closing we threw select foods away, cleaned the kitchen, dining room, and bathrooms, swept everything, and mopped the kitchen. During a shift I was either a cashier or I was making food. We had to serve the food to the guests out in the dining room.
Pros
Discount, free drinks, good co workers
Cons
Not the hours I wanted

Want to know more about Taco Time Northwest?

Ask a question
Friendly work environment with many benefits
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Port Angeles, WAJuly 13, 2016
Great place to work! Its been my most favorite job yet. The restaurant is always staffed with very friendly people. You gain experience that you can apply to any other restaurant or customer service position. There is plenty of room for advancement. Management is mostly promoted from within the store! Helps build great team working skills also. Great temporary or long term job. All food is made fresh! Delicious :)
Pros
Free drinks, 35% discount on food, health and dental care, 401k retirement plan, over time, time and a half on holidays, and paid vacation
Cons
Very warm work environment
Fun place to work
Crew Member/Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WAMarch 9, 2016
Harder to learn the ropes unlike average fast food joints. I loved my coworkers and our regulars. Great place to work for high school students for the pay and hours.
Pros
Pay, Fresh Food, 30% discount
Cons
Hours
Great Place
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Silverdale, WAFebruary 23, 2016
Boss was friendly and easy to work with. Fun employees to work with, which made it easy to forget the sometimes challenging job at hand.
Fast paced and exciting
Senior Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAFebruary 10, 2016
Managed a crew of up to eight people. Served quality food to guests in a timely manner. Managed deliveries, ordering, payroll, hiring, inventory and training.
Productive, Semi-Good Environment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Covington, WAFebruary 5, 2016
It was nice working there but it ends up with a lot of workers slacking and only a couple people working hard. But that can be with any job, the boss was nice and so were the managers, I would recommend this job if its during high school or for a part-time job, but not for a career.
Pros
Nice People, Good Environment
Cons
Short Breaks, Chaotic
Wonderful environment and great first job
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Longview, WAJanuary 31, 2016
Right after you arrive, you stock the condiment bar, fill all of the ice bins, break down and take boxes to the garbage, and take out the trash so that you are prepared for rushes during the day. Throughout a shift, you ring out customers on the cash register, or take orders in the drive-thru, or make food on the line. I learned a lot about customer service; I learned things that I still carry with me today. A majority of those lessons were about how to treat people working with the public because I have first-hand experience of what it's like to be on the other end of it all. I learned about patience. I was taught how to be quick while still paying attention to detail. My coworkers were amazing. All of our personalities coincided incredibly well and the environment was positive and uplifting. The managers and owners were so nice and caring. Working for them was a pleasure. The most difficult part of the job was during rushes when, no matter whether you were working at the counter, on the line, or in the drive thru, there was a constant flow of customers and instincts and muscle memory had to kick in in order for everything to go smoothly. Overall, I would say that Taco Time is a wonderful place to work, especially if it is your first job or first time working in customer service.
Pros
Free meals, set break schedules, paid week vacation after one year of work
Has it's ups and downs
CREW MEMBER Taco Time (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 20, 2016
Working at Taco Time Northwest is great if you love working with people, and I do. I enjoy long and short shifts doing various jobs so I'm always busy. The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult customers or working short-staffed during a rush. Other than that, it's a fairly simple job that allows people to develop a skill set that they can use at any other restaurant. My coworkers and management team are friendly and a joy to work with. The benefits with the company are fairly good compared to that of other fast food restaurants. All in all, Taco Time Northwest is a great first job and they treat their employees well.
Pros
Discounted food, Benefits, Overtime and PTO
Cons
Short breaks, Standing for long periods of time, bad customers
Great job for a starting job.
Crew Member, drive thru specialist (Former Employee) –  Milton, WAJanuary 8, 2016
I truly enjoyed my time working at Taco Time Northwest. My shifts ranged for 3-9 hours, the most frequent being 11-8 and 2-closing. I never had any problems with my co-workers or my managers. My day was usually spent taking orders and money through the drive-thru window and the front counter, cleaning projects and dish washing. I had 4 managers in my time, and i got along swimmingly with all of them. I most enjoyed interacting with customers, especially the regulars. There were times when we would be swamped with customers for hours on end, and those were the only actually challenging times on the job.
Pros
Easy to learn, good crew, great managers
Cons
frequently busy, hourly schedule
Taco Time
Manager (Former Employee) –  Bonney Lake, WAOctober 7, 2015
What I Learned:
I learned so much through my co-workers and my other managers!. Starting with how others learn how to work, that helped me a lot when I moved into management as far as placing people in positions and how much I could rely on them to perform multiple tasks on one shift. Learning how others learn to work opened my eyes and helped me realize that not everyone can work at a pace that I can and I was able to understand them at their level which made them comfortable to come to me when they stumbled on some struggles and I could show them many different ways of doing one task to help them find what worked best for them!

Management:
I enjoyed being a manager, I appreciated and had new things to learn every day. I got to know how to run the floor and the insides of our company as to how things worked from the office ( from ordering stock - paper work- to how to better handle situations.) I was able to look at our company from a different perspective and always thinking positively to help others and come up with ways around the restaurant to show how much we do appreciate everyone of our co-workers and each other in management.

Most Enjoyable:
Was seeing others achieve their goals in the company and watching them grow into strong workers!.
A great fast food company to start building a resume with.
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Woodinville, WAJune 18, 2013
I was hired during the "summer rush" and had to learn fast to keep up. My managers have been overall very helpful and always happy to show me some little trick they have learned over the years. My coworkers have been a great bunch; easy going and friendly for the most part, and the attitude our General Manager enforces is one of team effort, so there has been a lot of mutual support. The hardest part of the job has been the few customers that complain, but they make up a tiny percentage of the people who eat at Taco Time. I've most enjoyed getting to know everyone, my coworkers, managers, and the regular customers, and the challenge of being an opener.
Pros
Great work environment, 35% employee discount, challenging but not overwhelming.
Cons
Lots of standing, occasional grumpy customer.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Taco Time Northwest. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2