Tacoma Community College Employee Reviews

Good place to get affordable education and work experience
Office Clerk, International admission assistant (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMay 5, 2017
I have chosen a position specifically meeting my goal in getting experience in international communication. I have found a lot of opportunities related to work as well as education.
Continuing Education Instructor at TCC
Instructor CE Contact Hours (Former Employee) –  Gig Harbor, WAMay 1, 2017
I was hired as a Continuing Education Instructor at Tacoma Community College. I taught my Reiki class, which has been approved by the California Board of Nursing for Continuing Education Contact Hours. All kinds of people took the class, including lay persons interested in improving their own health or that of a loved one, spouses of traumatized military veterans, spouses of public service employees, massage therapists as well as Registered Nurses and other health care field personnel.

The full time teachers were not friendly or helpful, and I was required to rearrange large desks, multiple chairs, and set up and remove my own massage tables for the classes. No storage was offered, and my classroom was moved without notice. It was stressful for me.
Pros
good publicity for my class
Cons
too much moving of furniture for me.
Great Place to work
Help Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAApril 3, 2017
Tacoma Community College offered a really nice friendly environment for work. I've worked here on campus and enjoyed every minute at work. My supervisors and co-workers are very friendly and supportive. We helped each other to improve our service at TCC>
Was busy but enjoyable
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAFebruary 19, 2017
It was a job you had to be able to multitask with. You needed to be able to answer phones, talk to security over the radio, give students IDs and Parking passes, assist people who were looking for lost items and assist those who came in looking for certain information.
Great Management and Training
Assistant Head Liberal Arts Tutor (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJanuary 27, 2017
This is an amazing place to work. There is an excellent training program and the workplace environment is pleasant. The schedule is flexible and most often is chosen by the employee. I was able to gain further credentials as a tutor through an in house training program.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Fun place to work!
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJanuary 18, 2017
Great work for a busy student! This was a part time workstudy position. Funded by a federal grant. I learned how to better communicate through this job!
Pros
Able to work on school work when not busy with other tasks.
Cons
Mostly only part time job opportunities available.
Productive and comfortable work area. Helpful staff
Customer service in taking admissions (Former Employee) –  Gig Harbor, WAJune 9, 2016
Fun atmosphere to work in. Staff went out of their way to help each other. When the busy time of a new quarter came around, there was staff and help to get the students enrolled and settled into their routine.
Pros
Nice helpful office to work in
Cons
not enough hours for the pay period
Monthly events for employees
Help Desk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMay 31, 2016
After 6 months I was a key holder and a typical day started by prepping store next I would interact with team members in different scenerios and continue the day by making sure everyone was happy and setting goals. I learned that I was a team leader. Management taught me how to schedule, hire, resolve conflicts, make deposits, how to receive shipping. Co-workers were always pleasant and willing to do their best overall and willing to learn new tasks if needed. The hardest of course is having to let go of a member. The most enjoyable of the job was having a beautiful store and reaching goals and making customers happy.
Pros
Pot lucks, inscentives
Cons
shop lifters
Fun and Friendly workplace
Administrative Assistant/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAFebruary 21, 2016
Very nice place to work I was only work study needed something more permanent. Very company orientated always having potlucks and holiday get together.
Worked for the job assistant center and different assistant positions while going to school.
Program Specialist- Work Source (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJanuary 19, 2016
I really liked working for Tacoma Community College. I worked for them while I was going to school there. It was a lot of fun and I learned a lot while working there.
Pros
Learned differnt skills
Cons
not enough hours
Belief in students
Academic Advisor (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAOctober 3, 2015
There is a strong belief in students at this institution. It is all about the students and not the staff. They provide a lot of support for student success. The campus is beautiful. There a great number of very caring individuals who work and teach at the institution.
Daily duties
Public Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WASeptember 10, 2015
I patrol campus on a ATV-which is fun to drive on any surface-
We also have 40 acres of wooded area, which we patrol.
I also patrol parking lots and ticket illegal parking individuals.
I enforce city, state, federal regulations. Fun part is my daily job of walking amongst the people who work and attend this college and talking to all.
Pros
Freedom of movement-no micromanagement
Cons
NO real way to advance.
An interesting place to work
Student President (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAAugust 20, 2015
A college is an unusual and chaotic place to work, but it is very satisfying. I would work there again if there was a bit more stability.
Student at TCC
Network Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 9, 2015
Its very good that provides supportive teachers. Love the schools scenery great staff on campus; therefore, its is a great place to meet new friends and old friends too.
Excellent Campus and People
eLearning Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMarch 24, 2015
I loved working here and would love to come back. I moved to Los Angeles! The people I met I've created long lasting friendships with. Working here and going to college here was one of the greatest times of my life. I will never forget my time at Tacoma Community College.
Pros
excellent team and wonderful place to work
Cons
this was a work study job
Office Assistant
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJanuary 15, 2015
I greeted students when they enter the office, I typed voucher for different vendor in Tacoma, WA. I archived old documents and created new files on the computer for the following year. I filed, scanned document, faxed.
Always something new to do everyday but there was no job security
Biology Department Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJanuary 12, 2015
A typical day at work involved maintaining the salmon aquaria by performing water quality tests and adjustments. Each day I helped the lead lab technician set up for biology laboratory classes by either setting up lab supplies, calibrating sensors, and/or preparing reagents. I was able to touch up on proper laboratory techniques and guidelines to ensure accurate results. The management was absolutely wonderful, very personable and compassionate about education as well as understanding when I had to move on to grow in my field of interest. My co-workers were comprised of a mixture of students and others hired externally (such as myself). They were always supportive in training and willing to offer a helping hand when needed. Overall, everyone was enthused about the position and had awesome attitudes. The hardest part of the job was the largest part of the position and involved a lot of critical thinking. An evaluation of the entire biology department was performed and together we brainstormed and implemented more efficient ways of running things. This was not an unexpected aspect of the position as it is a common thing for workers in the field of science to test innovative ideas to further advance efficiency and better results. Even though this was the hardest part it was also the most enjoyable because it was challenging. The few reasons for the 3 star rating are because the position was a temporary one and existing only as long as there was funding for it. So any week could have been my last. The pay could have also been higher for the level of experience I brought to the workplace  more... especially since my maximum time of work per week could not exceed 14 hours. Despite the downfalls, the position was definitely worth it and was a success as the stepping stone to my next position.  less
Pros
Great attitudes and as the use for a stepping stone
Cons
Little hours and pay not so great
Good place
Chemistry Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WADecember 15, 2014
Its a nice and good study place where you can gain good education and skills.they renovate buildings and also build recently new building for health department. its close to free way and easy to access.
Good job enviroment
Student Support and Information Systems Staff (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAOctober 25, 2014
Working for Information Systems department of Tacoma Community College is one of my favorite job when I got a work-study position to help troubleshooting, maintenance and replace for computer systems at this school. Everyone in this department is friendly and helps new staff improving their IT skills.
Very fun and loving place to work.
temp. work (Former Employee) –  tacoma, wa.September 8, 2014
I loved all my coworkers even my boss and the students and I loved the environment I was in.
Cons
it was only while i was in school.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tacoma Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4