Tacoma Community College Employee Reviews

Great atmosphere to enhance skill
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAAugust 9, 2017
Interning here was a great start to developing my personal and professional skills. The workplace culture was very relaxed and I was able to approach anyone if need be.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
Too short
TCC will always be in my heart
Student Life Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 31, 2017
While I loved working at TCC (& would have preferred to stay at this job), the school has been experiencing MANY negative changes due to the inability to keep many employees including VPs, deans, etc... to other higher ed institutions and other state agencies. As a result, a massive part of the institutional history was lost, thereby creating problems that could have easily been solved/handled if the employees were treated with greater care.
A very good job because your also at work when your at school
Peer Advocate (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 25, 2017
A very easy and laid back position that connects you to everyone else on campus such as faculty and students alike. I would definitely recommend if you were attending Tacoma Community College even though its only a year long position.
Pros
Easy and relaxed work environment
Cons
Only a year long
Convenience is great for students
Dedicated Tutor (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 7, 2017
Working as a Dedicated Tutor at Tacoma Community College is very rewarding because you get to see students grow and become more confident with writing skills. Tacoma Community College is a College that offers great support for students and staff alike, which is comforting. The hardest part of the job is every quarter brings in new classes and new students. This can be difficult because you create a bond with the students, so new faces in each quarter is an adjustment, yet it is exciting too.
Friendly working envrionment
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJune 28, 2017
In this place, I would meet different students with different culture. I learn how to talk with them to design layout, brochure based on their ideas. Also, I knew school events which I could joined to open my network with professor and other classmates.
Pros
Free lunch, free ticket
Cons
Healthcare
not an employee
student (Former Employee) –  classesJune 12, 2017
I was a student. your data miner appears to be malfunctioning. now i must put in 150 characters minimum...............................................
Diverse work place
Student Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJune 5, 2017
TCC was a diverse work place where they celebrated one another. Discrimination was very low. Added bonus was unlimited free coffee in the break room. Free dress on Friday's. Overall good place to work.
Pros
Free coffee
Has great potential
Head Coach (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJune 4, 2017
Great potential here with location and opportunities. Management issues in the past led to some dysfunction and personnel challenges, but demographics and community need is there for the place to be special.
Great environment and very polite employees
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJune 4, 2017
A typical day at work, for me is relaxing, fun, and unpredictable. Working here at Tacoma Community College is a very good place to work, because they are very flexible and work great with class schedules.
Cool place
anonymous (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJune 2, 2017
Fun people and cool place. Always had a positive work environment. Nice students and staff. Good degree programs. Expect hard work but also really fun times
Great place to work!
Administrative Assistant 3 (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMay 29, 2017
The best part about Tacoma Community College is the students. A wonderful culturally diverse relaxing atmosphere. TCC strives for student success, equity, embracing discovery, and engaging community.
TCC was going through transitions
Student President, President (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMay 10, 2017
My job was a great learning experience, and life building exercise. There was a problem during my time there. My manager started the day she did my interview, so that made my job a little difficult because she wasn't fully aware of what my job entailed. Another problem was the TCC had just elected a new president and introduced new software for not only the staff but the students as well. It was just too much going on and not enough training.
Good place to get affordable education and work experience
Office Clerk, International admission assistant (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMay 5, 2017
I have chosen a position specifically meeting my goal in getting experience in international communication. I have found a lot of opportunities related to work as well as education.
Continuing Education Instructor at TCC
Instructor CE Contact Hours (Former Employee) –  Gig Harbor, WAMay 1, 2017
I was hired as a Continuing Education Instructor at Tacoma Community College. I taught my Reiki class, which has been approved by the California Board of Nursing for Continuing Education Contact Hours. All kinds of people took the class, including lay persons interested in improving their own health or that of a loved one, spouses of traumatized military veterans, spouses of public service employees, massage therapists as well as Registered Nurses and other health care field personnel.

The full time teachers were not friendly or helpful, and I was required to rearrange large desks, multiple chairs, and set up and remove my own massage tables for the classes. No storage was offered, and my classroom was moved without notice. It was stressful for me.
Pros
good publicity for my class
Cons
too much moving of furniture for me.
Great Place to work
Help Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAApril 3, 2017
Tacoma Community College offered a really nice friendly environment for work. I've worked here on campus and enjoyed every minute at work. My supervisors and co-workers are very friendly and supportive. We helped each other to improve our service at TCC>
Was busy but enjoyable
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAFebruary 19, 2017
It was a job you had to be able to multitask with. You needed to be able to answer phones, talk to security over the radio, give students IDs and Parking passes, assist people who were looking for lost items and assist those who came in looking for certain information.
Great Management and Training
Assistant Head Liberal Arts Tutor (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJanuary 27, 2017
This is an amazing place to work. There is an excellent training program and the workplace environment is pleasant. The schedule is flexible and most often is chosen by the employee. I was able to gain further credentials as a tutor through an in house training program.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Fun place to work!
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJanuary 18, 2017
Great work for a busy student! This was a part time workstudy position. Funded by a federal grant. I learned how to better communicate through this job!
Pros
Able to work on school work when not busy with other tasks.
Cons
Mostly only part time job opportunities available.
Productive and comfortable work area. Helpful staff
Customer service in taking admissions (Former Employee) –  Gig Harbor, WAJune 9, 2016
Fun atmosphere to work in. Staff went out of their way to help each other. When the busy time of a new quarter came around, there was staff and help to get the students enrolled and settled into their routine.
Pros
Nice helpful office to work in
Cons
not enough hours for the pay period
Monthly events for employees
Help Desk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMay 31, 2016
After 6 months I was a key holder and a typical day started by prepping store next I would interact with team members in different scenerios and continue the day by making sure everyone was happy and setting goals. I learned that I was a team leader. Management taught me how to schedule, hire, resolve conflicts, make deposits, how to receive shipping. Co-workers were always pleasant and willing to do their best overall and willing to learn new tasks if needed. The hardest of course is having to let go of a member. The most enjoyable of the job was having a beautiful store and reaching goals and making customers happy.
Pros
Pot lucks, inscentives
Cons
shop lifters