Tacoma Community College Employee Review

View all Tacoma Community College reviews

Supplemental Instructor (TA) experience
Supplemental Instructor (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJune 3, 2014
Working as a supplemental instructor gave me the choice of being a teacher after college. Supplemental Instructor (SI) really made my experience at TCC the best. Mae Stephenson who is the most personable supervisor who really cares about her team was a great pleasure to work with. Working with the SI group and peers was easily the best decision I made while at TCC, where I got the opportunity to build on the foundation of my academic career, work with a diverse and extremely entertaining group of people whom I am happy to say that I still talk and hang out with regularly today. The SI program isn't just a social gathering though but a fantastic building block and experience.
Pros
everything
Cons
training seminars can be a little brutal, not a full time job

Other Tacoma Community College Employee Reviews

tacoma community college
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAFebruary 9, 2018
working for this company brings a family friendly environment with gatherings and events to really know each other on a more personal level. which also brings love amongst the staff
Relaxing Work Study Opportunity
Peer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAFebruary 8, 2018
I worked at TCC's Advising and Counseling Center as a receptionist of sorts for Work Study. I appreciate how simple the work was (schedule, answer phones, file, call students when their adviser is ready, etc.) and what a calm and laid-back environment it was. Plus, I knew all the advisers and counselors so if I was ever having a bad day I had a bunch of awesome professionals I could talk to. Sweetest manager in the world, too.
Pros
Great environment, great team, simple work
Cons
Rude students every now and then