Tacoma Community College

Tacoma Community College Employee Reviews

Excellent Campus and People
eLearning Help Desk (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: excellent team and wonderful place to work
Cons: this was a work study job
I loved working here and would love to come back. I moved to Los Angeles! The people I met I've created long lasting friendships with. Working here and going to college here was one of the greatest times of my life. I will never forget my time at Tacoma Community College.
Office Assistant
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAJanuary 15, 2015
I greeted students when they enter the office, I typed voucher for different vendor in Tacoma, WA. I archived old documents and created new files on the computer for the following year. I filed, scanned document, faxed.
Always something new to do everyday but there was no job security
Biology Department Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: great attitudes and as the use for a stepping stone
Cons: little hours and pay not so great
A typical day at work involved maintaining the salmon aquaria by performing water quality tests and adjustments. Each day I helped the lead lab technician set up for biology laboratory classes by either setting up lab supplies, calibrating sensors, and/or preparing reagents. I was able to touch up on proper laboratory techniques and guidelines to ensure accurate results. The management was absolutely wonderful, very personable and compassionate about education as well as understanding when I had to move on to grow in my field of interest. My co-workers were comprised of a mixture of students and others hired externally (such as myself). They were always supportive in training and willing to offer a helping hand when needed. Overall, everyone was enthused about the position and had awesome attitudes. The hardest part of the job was the largest part of the position and involved a lot of critical thinking. An evaluation of the entire biology department was performed and together we brainstormed and implemented more efficient ways of running things. This was not an unexpected aspect of the position as it is a common thing for workers in the field of science to test innovative ideas to further advance efficiency and better results. Even though this was the hardest part it was also the most enjoyable because it was challenging. The few reasons for the 3 star rating are because the position was a temporary one and existing only as long as there was funding for it. So any week could have been my last. The pay could have also been higher for the level of experience I brought to the workplace especially since my maximum time of work per week could not exceed 14 hours. Despite the downfalls, the position was definitely worth it and was a success as the stepping stone to my next position.
Good place
Chemistry Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Tacoma, WADecember 15, 2014
Its a nice and good study place where you can gain good education and skills.they renovate buildings and also build recently new building for health department. its close to free way and easy to access.
Good job enviroment
Student Support and Information Systems Staff (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAOctober 25, 2014
Working for Information Systems department of Tacoma Community College is one of my favorite job when I got a work-study position to help troubleshooting, maintenance and replace for computer systems at this school. Everyone in this department is friendly and helps new staff improving their IT skills.
Very fun and loving place to work.
temp. work (Former Employee), tacoma, wa.September 8, 2014
Cons: it was only while i was in school.
I loved all my coworkers even my boss and the students and I loved the environment I was in.
Lots of Turnover
Vice President of Finance for Students (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAJuly 17, 2014
The turnover is to be expected due to the fact that it is a community College. Some mangers in the past have been intense micro mangers and have not done a great job helping students balance work and school.
A typical TCC Day
IT Specialist 3- Network (Current Employee), Tacoma, WAJuly 5, 2014
My TCC day starts out reviewing logs and taking actions of any alerts. If no actions are needed, I move on to my Helpdesk queue and resolve those tickets in a timely matter. Once those are done, I jump right into my project(s) and work with internal and external parties to ensure Quality of Service from end to end.
Supplemental Instructor (TA) experience
Supplemental Instructor (Current Employee), Tacoma, WAJune 3, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: training seminars can be a little brutal, not a full time job
Working as a supplemental instructor gave me the choice of being a teacher after college. Supplemental Instructor (SI) really made my experience at TCC the best. Mae Stephenson who is the most personable supervisor who really cares about her team was a great pleasure to work with. Working with the SI group and peers was easily the best decision I made while at TCC, where I got the opportunity to build on the foundation of my academic career, work with a diverse and extremely entertaining group of people whom I am happy to say that I still talk and hang out with regularly today. The SI program isn't just a social gathering though but a fantastic building block and experience.
An energetic academic atmospher
Continuing Education Assistant & Student Registrar (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAMay 27, 2014
Pros: high energy work environment
Cons: no negatives
This was a job of many tasks and one day was not like the last. There was a lot of student interaction and involvement with instructors which made this job very interesting.

You assisted instructors in assembling course materials and maintained the class rosters. I gained a knowledge of the course materials and was able to talk to the prospective students about the course requirements and subject matter.

Nothing too difficult here if you are able to prioritize tasks and be mindful of detail.
Fun and enjoyable workplace.
Work Study (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAMarch 31, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to experience the intensity of the crowd and learning about different sports.
Fun with the other sudents
Student Worker (Former Employee), Gig Harbor, WAMarch 22, 2014
They really encouraged personal growth as this was a work study position.
productive work place
Teacher's Assistant- English Lab (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAFebruary 18, 2014
It was a great place to work at because of the management and co-workers.
Learned to work with people whose primary language is not English
assist students, check out resources
Front Desk Assistant (Former Employee), Tacoma, WANovember 21, 2013
answer phones, schedule tests for students per the instructor
Rewarding work with interesting people
Head Tutor (Current Employee), Tacoma, WANovember 10, 2013
Pros: secure, dependable pay
Cons: limited hours
Tutoring is a fun job, but it's even more fun when the people you're tutoring are invested in their education. I am now in my fourth year as a tutor at Tacoma Community College's Writing and Tutoring Center. Tutoring is a line of work that will teach you a lot about yourself and others.
A Fun Work Place
Security (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAAugust 16, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: job was only for a month
A typical day at work at Tacoma Community college (TCC) was maintenance, fixing up the campus for the up coming quarter. I learned many things while working at (TCC) learned how to work with others to get a job done. And Also how to work in hard conditions.
The hardest part of the job was the weather some days were hot some were rainy. The best part of the job was the lunch break the boss would usually get it for us.
Learned a lot
Instructor (Current Employee), Tacoma, WAAugust 2, 2013
Flexible schedule, valuable learning opportunities on instructional planning.
Gained much practical experience and knowledge.
Paid intern for the Registered Nursing Program (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAJune 19, 2013
the job while providing relatively low income offered an diverse amount of experience that spanned several fields. An emphasis upon science,office and customer service.
Fun loving work environment
Event Coordinator (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAMay 27, 2013
It was the best job I had with good team spirit environment and good advisors
Routine and fun
Custodian- I (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAApril 15, 2013
I enjoyed the time I spent there as a PT employee. The hardest part of the job was dealing with a constant high call in rate on Sundays.