Tacoma General Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Great
Distribution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 15, 2016
TG is a clean and very high qaulity place to work. They have had a lot of improvements since i been there. pay is good. they have a yearly bonus which is always a plus.
Pros
Clean
Cons
Nothin
awesome place to work at
environmental service worker (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJune 28, 2016
I enjoyed always going into work and having the best day. the people are awesome and the patients are always great to see everyday. you get to meet and talk with different people from different places in the world. I love it at Tacoma General. I will always walk in with a smile and walk out with a smile at the end of my shift.
Tacoma General Hospital
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAFebruary 12, 2016
This publicly funded hospital has all the standard opportunities one would expect from the healthcare industry. If you are certified, and have job experience, it is a great place to work.
Productive place
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  M.L KING WAY TACOMA WAJanuary 7, 2016
I worked at Tacoma General Hospital for 2 years. I enjoyed working their and I love my job but they changed the management and changed everything.
loved working here
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WASeptember 16, 2015
I was a student is distribution. it was an awesome job. I loved going to work every day and picking orders. getting to see different parts of the hospital was fun also. the staff was fun and nice.
Productive and fulfilling
Surgery Scheduling Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WaJune 26, 2015
I love my job. I enjoy the customer service part of my job and have made strong and lasting relationships with many of the schedulers from the surgeons offices that we serve.
Pros
Close to home. Weekends & holidays off
Cons
Short breaks
You were productive from start to finish, which was great and I truly enjoyed my co-workers!
Laundry Worker II (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJune 11, 2015
The first thing you would do on a typical day would be restock your exchange carts as assigned per floor.
After that, you work where you are needed. Either working in the Pre-sort area sorting soiled linen or working in the linen department itself running dryers, ironers or folding linen by hand.
If any floors within the hospital called needing more par, you would count, then record that information then do the delivery.
Management was dedicated to the customer service, which I felt was incredibly important and every now and then they would remind their crew they were appreciated with little things like Ice cream or potlucks. I t was good to see that kind of balance from the management team. My co-workers were great! We were a team working hard, yet enjoying each others company along the way.
The hardest part about the job, was when summer came, not only was it hot outside but really hot inside. At times your energy level suffered. The best part about the job was you worked within a group but also individually. I enjoyed that a lot. The one thing that I really enjoyed and at times was a great motivator was we could listen to music during our shift! It was one boom-box and one station, some days the music was loud and folks got silly while still being productive and some days we didn't necessarily listen to it all night, but everybody had a chance to listen to their choice of music out of sheer respect for one another.
Pros
Get to listen to music, Get to wear scrubs
Cons
short breaks, much too hot in the summer
excellent clinical location
Rotating Student Extern (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMay 8, 2015
Excellent location, though I only went to this hospital as a rotating student extern the quality of the hospital was readily apparent.
Pros
Good Staff
Cons
In Tacoma
Volunteer at Tacoma General Hospital
Volunteer Surgery Wait Room Lead (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMarch 9, 2015
I received more from being a volunteer than I did as a paid employee. The reward in helping the patients and their families was rewarding.
Pros
lunch comp
It is a hospital.
Evening and Weekend Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WADecember 10, 2014
Enjoyed working at Tacoma General. Unfortunately the economy required downsizing and I was laid off with many other management.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
had to downsize.
Fast paced job that was very educating.
Patient Food Services (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAAugust 12, 2014
This job was great for learning and mastering multi-tasking and organizational skills. Attention to detail was a must and I was really able to master the craft which both excited and motivated me.
Pros
having and perfecting multiple responsibilities.
Cons
having to compensate for anyone not pulling their weight.
Good place to start
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMarch 1, 2014
Tacoma General Hospital is overall a good place if you are wanting to see how a hospital environment works. Overall depending on where you work, it can be very enjoyable.
Forward thinking, driven company
Staff RN, Medical Surgical Oncology (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAOctober 15, 2013
Multicare strives to be top of the line, seeking (and winning) many awards. Has suffered with current financial crisis, and staffing changes along with never-ending improvements (increases) in documentation requirements makes this a challenging environment to work. Mandatory overtime for FTE RNs if there are ill calls.
Pros
staff are strong team, supporting one another.
Cons
mandatory overtime, management with unrealisitic expectations.
Fast paced environment
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WASeptember 30, 2013
Tacoma General provides a fast paced environment with opportunities for on the job training and advancement.
A fun enviroment to work in.
admisinstration volunteer float pool (Former Employee) –  tacoma,waNovember 29, 2012
the volunteer department is full of energetic people and easy to get a long with
Pros
good food and friendly people
Cons
walking outside sometimes
LPN/RN, CCU/CVICU (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAAugust 22, 2012
Enjoy staff members and workplace culture
Great place to work and good for advancement
Pros
great staff
Cons
difficult transitioning to charting
Great hospital to work for. The staff was willing to work very hard with all the new personnel.
Medical Central Supply Technician (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WaFebruary 17, 2012
I had a very good time working at the hospital. It was rewarding, interesting, challenging and I was able to grow from my exprience there.
Pros
breaks, good pay, vacation, sick days.
Cons
nice cafeteria, clean, satifying job, good training.
Very friendly, very helpful to temps
Temp agency - did bookeping and office duties (Former Employee) –  Tacoma,WaFebruary 13, 2012
I was in nursing school so I was temping as well as doing clinicals and other little jobs to make ends meet. I volunteered to stay on new yrs eve to watch the computer as everyone was afraid the dates and data were going to disappear!! I got a lot of bills done that night and schedule done..

4.4