Tacoma Goodwill

Tacoma Goodwill United States Employee Reviews

Great experience working with a non profit.
Construction skills instructor (Former Employee), Tacoma, Wa.August 19, 2014
Pros: good people to work with.
Cons: very little time for vacations. classes were back to back.
For the most part I enjoyed my work experience at the goodwill. I was laid off due to work shortage.
Very supportive for young youths.
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee), Tacoma, WAAugust 13, 2014
Pros: no activities
Cons: short breaks.
Great place to continue your education especially for the young youths great programs for them to look for jobs and to continue their education as far as getting a GED and other programs to be involved in.
A Day in the Life of Tacoma Goodwill
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAMay 14, 2014
The job was demanding yet rewarding. I liked the job however it had it moments of wishing I had another job. But what company doesn't. I liked the fact that I can work and not be micromanaged. The employees that were working there were usually individuals release from prison for work release. There was no room for career advancement. They closed down the warehouse and moved operations to the east coast, laying me and the crew off. Not offering any other employment equal to what I was doing. I loved the job but not the company.
Not a good place to work
Main Office (Former Employee), TacomaOctober 27, 2013
Poor Management at the main office in Tacoma. If you are going to accept a job at the Tacoma Goodwill talk to former employees before you do.
VERy interesting
Cashier/Stock person (Former Employee), Tacoma, WASeptember 11, 2013
Pros: got to meet a lot of people
Cons: it went to fast
it was an evaluation to see if I could do the job and I would go back to the store anytime they need me
This is not an Employee oriented company. Limited hours, compensation and benefits.
Cashier (Current Employee), Shelton, WAApril 5, 2012
Pros: meeting and helping people.
Cons: llittle concern for the welfare of their employees, unpredictable hours
I really enjoy the opportunity to work with the customers in an environment where they can save money; most of my customers are on very limited incomes. The company cutting employees hours to meet their profit objectives is shameful for a company that bases their marketing on " helping people to find jobs" philosophy.