Tacoma Goodwill Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Good Between Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, WAMay 10, 2016
Go to work and cashier, clean up messes, handle second hand goods. Why am I being required to fill this in this has nothing to do with anything.
Pros
in between job
Cons
not enough education
Great training for retail sales
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJune 15, 2015
After high school I had a hard time getting that first job, I had very little work experience.
Thru retail training at the Goodwill I now have a solid background in customer service, running the cash register and working with fellow employees. I enjoy interacting with the public and sharing a laugh or warm smile with customers and co-workers.
Although there are always challenges, I feel I overcome obstacles easily and learn how to improve on a daily basis.
My current job is only 20-25 hours a week, and I am ready for full time work,
A Day in the Life of Tacoma Goodwill
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMay 14, 2014
The job was demanding yet rewarding. I liked the job however it had it moments of wishing I had another job. But what company doesn't. I liked the fact that I can work and not be micromanaged. The employees that were working there were usually individuals release from prison for work release. There was no room for career advancement. They closed down the warehouse and moved operations to the east coast, laying me and the crew off. Not offering any other employment equal to what I was doing. I loved the job but not the company.
Not a good place to work
Main Office (Former Employee) –  TacomaOctober 27, 2013
Poor Management at the main office in Tacoma. If you are going to accept a job at the Tacoma Goodwill talk to former employees before you do.
This is not an Employee oriented company. Limited hours, compensation and benefits.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Shelton, WAApril 5, 2012
I really enjoy the opportunity to work with the customers in an environment where they can save money; most of my customers are on very limited incomes. The company cutting employees hours to meet their profit objectives is shameful for a company that bases their marketing on " helping people to find jobs" philosophy.
Pros
meeting and helping people.
Cons
llittle concern for the welfare of their employees, unpredictable hours
Difficult and No Chance For Advancement
Operations Worker (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WaSeptember 21, 2014
This had been a very difficult job, Managers are not well trained. Nothing had been organized and working conditions were very poor.
Cons
lack of organization and moral.
Very supportive for young youths.
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAAugust 13, 2014
Great place to continue your education especially for the young youths great programs for them to look for jobs and to continue their education as far as getting a GED and other programs to be involved in.
Pros
no activities
Cons
short breaks.
Great experience working with a non profit.
Construction skills instructor (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, Wa.August 19, 2014
For the most part I enjoyed my work experience at the goodwill. I was laid off due to work shortage.
Pros
good people to work with.
Cons
very little time for vacations. classes were back to back.
VERy interesting
Cashier/Stock person (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WASeptember 11, 2013
it was an evaluation to see if I could do the job and I would go back to the store anytime they need me
Pros
got to meet a lot of people
Cons
it went to fast