Taft College Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and fun place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Taft, CAJune 25, 2015
Walk through the car wash and make sure everything is in working order for opening.
Management worked hard to make sure that we had a safe place to work even though the car wash could be dangerous.
Productive, Relaxed, Not Stressful, Works with Schedule
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Taft, CAApril 19, 2015
As a full-time college student, working can be quite daunting. Taft College gives its students work experience through student worker positions and helps transition them into the actual work force. They work with the student and their needs, while also gaining work experience and basic work environment skills such as: effective communication, punctuality, and time management.
Pros
Schedule based on need
Cons
Poor job security
fun work environment not much room for advancement
Adjunct Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Taft, CAJanuary 26, 2015
I mostly loved this job because of the impact I had on the adult students. I was able to talk to them about life and encourage them to set goals, regardless of size, and achieve them. I didn't get to know many of my co-workers they weren't open with meeting me because I wasn't full-time staff. The hardest part of my job was not having someone who was guiding me when I had questions.
A productive working environment.
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Taft, CAJanuary 6, 2014
While I was employed at Taft College, a typical day at work consisted of first gathering and delivering mail to the other employees in the TIL office. Then, I would preform my other duties which included updating files, building new files, organizing other paper work, and occasionally I was required to make phone calls to clients. Also, I would interact with the TIL students and provide assistance when needed.

At Taft College I learned how to professionally interact with others in a working environment.

The most difficult part of the job was keeping up with paper work during the enrollment seasons. However, with communication and sometimes assistance from coworkers, I was always able to complete tasks in a timely fasion.
n/a
food preparation and server (Former Employee) –  Taft, CAMay 31, 2013
over all I liked my job and the people I worked with and where I worked was always clean and neat
Great environment to learn in
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Taft, CAOctober 24, 2012
I enjoyed learning new things everyday with this job. A typical day at work was slower paced but almost everyone that works for Taft College is friendly and willing to teach as well as learn with you. The hardest part of this job was learning new ways to deal with different types of personalities when you are in such a close workspace. I always enjoy meeting and helping new people and with this position that was something you were able to do daily.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
pay and not being full time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Taft College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3