INSURANCE CLAIM INTERVIEWER
NOTE: THIS IS A CONSULTING OPPORTUNITY. IT IS NOT "FULL" OR "PART TIME" POSITION. PROJECTS ON AN AS-NEEDED BASIS. VOLUME VARIES BY METRO/REGIONAL AREA.
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY UNLESS YOU HAVE THE SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE/SKILLS SOUGHT AS DESCRIBED BELOW.
Work from your home office. Supplement your income. Enjoy flexible hours.
National insurance claim investigation company seeks qualified candidates to conduct IN-PERSON INTERVIEWS with insureds/beneficiaries in connection with life and disability insurance claims. Applicant/consultant must have experience in nursing (including taking patient medical history) and/or paramedic life/disability insurance application experience (eg: APPS, EMSI), and/or experience in the life/disability claim industry. First responders including fire, ambulance and EMS personnel need not apply. We are seeking individuals with insurance specific paramedical experience including conducting physical examinations and application review at the time of application for life and disability insurance policies.
Consultant will conduct in-person interviews with individuals in connection with insurance claims, including medical, employment, financial history, etc. Must have knowledge of medical terminology, diagnosis(es), etc. or claims experience in the life and/or disability insurance fields. In addition to the above-mentioned qualifications, candidates must:
1. Have established home office with telephone, fax, copy and computer (with documentation of firewall and antivirus software) equipment. Must have the ability to use a professional outgoing voicemail greeting on telephone line.
2. Have own transportation, valid driver license.
3. Demonstrate industry knowledge and excellent communication skills, while being comfortable in an interview environment.
4. Have working knowledge of generally accepted business softwares and tools including: use of internet, email and Microsoft Office.
5. Be able to perform work during regular business hours.
6. Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor. Individual must be present a neat appearance and communicate in a professional manner. Business attire required for personal interviews with claimants.
7. Have the ability to respond quickly to assignments and to complete work in a timely manner.
8. Must be willing to follow instructions and adapt to changing customer requirements and reporting mandates.