TAK Communications Employee Reviews

Growing Company
Field Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rosemount, MNMay 16, 2017
As time goes on this company continue to grows. They are continuing to seek out more and more aspects of the cable enterprise. Their will be set back in any company in trying to get prepared. I feel this company has what it takes to strive to were they should be. Work with a great team all day and have gotten to know all of them. We work hard and we enjoy what we do. Thats what really makes this a solid place to work. Finding the enjoyment in what you do makes all the difference in our office attitude. Guys are ready to work and know what they can expect. Some long hours here and there but that the extent of hard work. We have a lot of knowledge we utilize in our office and continue to have short learning sections to help everyone being new or 20 yrs cable experience.
Pros
One man wrecking crew.( love working by oneself)
Cons
one man wrecking crew. (usually working by oneself)
Awesome job!
Cable Installation Technician (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNMay 2, 2017
I love this job! This was one of the first jobs that i actually made a good amount of commission. Its full time, but rarely do you ever hit 40 hours a week. But with the commission you make its just like you did. I average almost $15 an hour. The days are easy, minus the challenge here and there, but thats what makes the job interesting. Super flexible with whatever schedule you might have. The benefits arent FANTASTIC but theyre doable. Its just a small group of coworkers who are all super chill and make the workplace fun. Theres a safety meeting every thursday and you get free breakfast! They provide you with all the tools and equipment needed and pay for all your gas. You get to take the work van to and from work, so I hardly drive my personal car anymore! I dont really have many complaints about working here at all.
Unethical
Installer/Technician (Current Employee) –  Little Canada, MNApril 26, 2017
The benefits are great working with TAK they offer you a lot working with them. Only problem is they're contractors for Comcast and when Comcast says jump TAK asks how high. Mangement is horrible, flexibility to balance work and life is hard.
Benefits
Cons
Lousy hours and poor management
Enjoyable Work
Install Technician (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMarch 30, 2017
Install Cable Systems. One on one with customers. Solo field projects. Weekly team building. Satisfying customer needs and wants. Great pay and benefits.
Terrible Place to work would never recommend
Telecommunications Technician (Former Employee) –  Little Canada, MNDecember 21, 2016
Terrible management in any department other than the install department. the bury department sups are absolutely clueless. Corporate is an absolute joke, they are all about quantity not quality. they upset off more customers in a week than Prewire Specialists did in 10 years. good for someone who wants to learn and move on. would never recommend for a long term workplace
Cons
unpaid breaks, low wages, discrimination based on the department you work in
typical job
Installer (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 5, 2016
I had a good time working for TAK. There a lot of nice people there and the other technicians are very helpful. They are more than willing to help you out to succeed at your job.
Installing Cable boxes in homes
Cable Technician (Current Employee) –  Aurora, CONovember 4, 2016
A typical day at work would be to head to the shop to check inventory to maintain stock of equipment for that days work as well as the next. Then i would drive to the costumers house with a smile on my face to install the services they wished and to be sure before leaving that job that every need of the customer was met. I learned how cable systems work as well as how to manage myself as my own boss. The management was friendly and would help with any issues or problems that i ever had a question with during an install. The hardest part about Tak was getting my 36 foot ladder off the truck and climbing up on the cable lines. I enjoyed using my hands and learning to become more handy with power tools as well as getting to know people for whom i installed cable for.
Pros
Self managed myself without someone looking over me.
Cons
health care and very very long hours.
Fun
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDSeptember 2, 2016
My boss was cool. As long as you worked he didn't care about the time you took off and he let you make your own hours. Really cool boss.
Pros
You made your own hours
Cons
Commission.
Don't make my mistake.
Residential Technician (Former Employee) –  Chanhassen, MN. Twin cities. Duluth.July 19, 2016
I'm taking the time to write this because I am outraged and disappointed in myself for not quiting earlier. No one deserves the treatment that I got..
Long story short. I was played and played hard. Promises of big money here and there from all kinds of different sources of managers. Don't make my mistake. I was paid 10/hr for 10 weeks... For the love of God do not work for the portion of TAK that works with mediacom. The charter and Comcast versions are slightly better to work for. Regardless you work with all kinds of losers. People who are addicts, toothless folk, college/high school drop outs, and people who don't have any sort of critical thinking. They prey on those people who have nothing else more to give to society. I took a stand and was reemed hard for it. They love these kinds of people because they don't ask questions when things are fishy and just roll with the punches. If you have any sort of self respect go grab a better career or go back to school. You will not have time for family, hobbies, you will not make enough to balance life out. They also provide you with wholesale auction bought vehicles that seem to always have some sort of trouble(not safe). TAK has a production bonus for their techs and you only receive it if you make enough production otherwise your paid hourly($10/hr). There are many catalyst you cannot control that inhibit your pay. Health benefits are available and are good. A lot of miscommunication throughout all tiers of management. The company should really be called TAK MIScommunications. There is a reason why this company has been
  more... sued before. Google it, it's out there folks. Don't get played.  less
Pros
Very very hard to get fired.
Cons
Unorganized. Poor training. Stipulations with pay.
Good Job
Broadband Technician (Former Employee) –  MOJuly 27, 2015
Fast pace can mandate your on hours an estimate what your getting paid by the work you thats a perk great people very informative
Enjoyable work with good people
Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNJanuary 2, 2015
A typical day started with my clocking in and bringing my van around from the parking lot to the loading area. There I would spend 30 min to an hour replenishing materials and some days attending a meeting. Once finished with that, I would start my route, typically consisting of at least four jobs. Whenever all scheduled morning work was started the AM all clear would be called and whenever you finished the job you were currently on you could take lunch. your lunch would typically either at 1 pm when the first afternoon time slot started or whenever you had something to do after at least one hour of lunch. Once all scheduled pm work was started the PM all clear was called and anyone that needed help at their final job could ask for it at that point. Once no one needed any more help, you could bring your van in to the shop, park it, file your paperwork, and go home.

I learned a lot about cable.

The management is well enough, but sometimes your immediate supervisors would contradict the word of higher up corporate people.

My coworkers were, for the most part, awesome guys. They were very helpful and supportive.

For me, the hardest part of the job was dealing with heights on unstable terrain. If the work I performed was from a fixed ladder or bucket truck, I can confidently say I would not have had any problems, but I often felt that my ladder placement was unsteady.

The most enjoyable part of the job, for me, was meeting a lot of new people. I'm a very outgoing person, and doing this job you get a good picture of the demographic of the system you work in, both
  more... the rich and the poor areas of town.  less
Pros
Supportive team, very safety oriented
Cons
Only one break per day, sometimes very long shifts, unpaid lunch
Not that great
Cable Technician (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 30, 2014
A typical day of work for me at TAK Communications would be for me to cover my route and typically another persons or even two extra routes. A usual route would be 8 jobs. We would drive to the customers house and either install the products or fix any issues that they had. Our days where usually anywhere from 12-14 hours long. What i learned from this job would of been all the customer service. It taught me that every customer is different and every job should be approached differently. The management was not all that great, with that being said it is a brand new company and has only been in Omaha for about a year and a half. As for the co-workers, some where great to work with. The hardest part of the job would of been having to cover for everyone. The most enjoyable part would of been all the different people and experiences i was able to meet and go through.
to much down time
CABLE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNNovember 21, 2014
The training wasn't that great, and I felted miss lead about the wage pay.
not good
Installation Technician (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 26, 2014
long hours low pay love to run you in to ground not a good family man job cuz u wont see your kids or wife if u work here tak is your life
Pros
job
Cons
bad pay very long hours 14 hrs 6 days a week
fun to work at
Warehouse Manger (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 13, 2014
made alot of manuals for the company and was in charge of 34 techs and all there stuff that was to go along with the cable thing
Decent job
Technician/Dispatch (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJuly 16, 2014
I would not recommend this job to anyone with a family or children who enjoys spending time at home. A typical day at work is usually about 14 hours on average depending on the work load. Technicians usually work in extreme heat or freezing temperatures. The most enjoyable part of the job is constantly being updated on the newest technology.
Pros
Opportunity to make decent money.
Cons
14 Hour days everyday
Free
Contracting Technician (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNMay 13, 2014
Drove a service vehicle around all day and fixed or installed cable internet and phone all day.
Pros
Job freedom
Cons
Weather