Takata

Takata Employer Reviews

Professional and pleasant environment
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Auburn Hills, MIFebruary 23, 2015
Being a contract worker I do not feel qualified to review this company.
Pleasant work environment and friendly co-workers.
Productive workplace
Production Operator (Stamper, Visual Inspector) (Former Employee), Laguna Technopark, Laguna PhilippinesSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: free meal at overtimes.
Enhances my ability as a production operator such as Visual Inspector & Stamper.
Very nice co-workers and fun to be with.
Very interesting job
Line Assembler/Machine Operator (Former Employee), Cheraw, SCSeptember 15, 2014
This job I found to be very interesting d/t you being apart of something so important. Making airbags that will save a life makes you feel like you contribute to the world by making life a little safer for others as well as our own family and loved ones.
TPS is for real
Engineering Co-op (Former Employee), Moses Lake, WAAugust 20, 2014
Pros: input from foreigners that barely speak english
Cons: high desert, chemicals may cause irritation
Takata is Japanese culture westernized for Global success. They run the Toyota Production System for a reason. It is too slow for small scale companies but virtually error-proof at the global end. Too many opportunities for improvement. Their budget will let you bring a pipe dream into reality.

Chemistry is a bizarre field and the Engineers there literally play with fire. The facility is extremely complex and evolved like a creature while I was employed. Sadly, Moses Lake is in the middle of nowhere and the environment could be boring for some.
awesome people
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), San Antonio, TxJune 6, 2014
Pros: nice people
Cons: pay
The people that work here were so friendly and helpful, the job was a very minimally stressful one.
I loved inspecting seatbeats
Inspectioning (Former Employee), Piqua, OHJune 5, 2014
Pros: work wasnt hard
Cons: not having work to do
A typical work day would be inspecting seat belts and filling orders. I learned how to inspect seat belts and travel to Honda Plant to inspect. Management was good . Lifting was sometimes hard. The most enjoyale was traveling
productive and fun workplace
A/B QC INSPECTION STAFF (Former Employee), LagunaFebruary 28, 2014
good camaraderie between employees and management.
learned more about quality issues, problem solving and knowing the root cause of the problem.
it is quite pressure to work but enjoyable.
fast pace job
Propellant Operator (Former Employee), Moses LakeDecember 10, 2013
Pros: the fast pace work
Cons: allergic reaction to chemicals
Enjoyed to work for company everything was nice easy advancement only thing was schedule was never set more day to day.
great job
Sewer (Former Employee), Cheraw, SCNovember 21, 2013
i loved working here it was an easy going job. I had no problems there
A typical day at work
Product Engineer (Former Employee), Auburn Hills, MISeptember 30, 2013
Pros: exhilarating work!
Cons: inordinate amount of paper work.
1) US DOT and BAM testing preparation: most parts had arrived except for key parts from China because the piston and striker material change (1020 steel or 1045 steel) was not confirmed by author of product. 1045 steel was proven to be the best but 1020 steel was being tested and his report today came back as 1020 not passable.
2) Engineering Order 2019860-D was ready and had one more signature pending. This EO had all the top level drawings that the Plant needed by August 1st. I had sent the Plant a preview of these drawings, just in case the EO got delayed. The material for the piston and striker looked incorrect and so the EO had to be re-routed for approvals (usually same day).
3) Chrysler insisted that they only want CABT wire harness as part of WCM, but our supplier could not deliver that. They could only deliver the carry-over wire harness FLRYW that Chrysler already uses. CABT was also long lead and expensive.
4) Customer data was uploaded to their website, but the Chrysler Engineer was upset with me for changing a dimension without his authority. He later sent me an apology email saying it was his mess up as he was looking at the wrong data!
5) Design reviews of Chrysler and Tesla Ped Pro - both back to back short programs (2015 June production start) with high profit margin. Communication is key! The Chrysler design review was successfully completed by me earlier, but the Tesla program was given to my colleague to present at the Takata Design Review as I was told that nobody should take on two programs together.
Great innovative workplace
Senior Product Engineer (Current Employee), Auburn Hills, MIAugust 22, 2013
Very versatile place to work with many learning opportunities. Hardest part of job is workload but team effort definitely supports the activities needed to be successful.
Company is very innovative and developing great products.
Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee), Pontiac, MIJune 21, 2013
Great group of employees collaborating on creative products to meet automotive industry's thirst for technological products.
Awful place to work
Technician (Former Employee), Armada MiJune 10, 2013
Pros: personal time off and vacations
Cons: working for the upper management team that plays games.
Management is the biggest problem with this company!
If you become a favorite of management then you will love this job!
There is a lot of company politics and office drama.
Over worked and very underpaid
Product engineer (Former Employee), Auburn Hills, MIMay 19, 2013
Pros: good benifits
Cons: too much work, pay below industry.
Good benifits, and that was about it. At one point I was working on 4 programs at once. There was far too much work to do a good job on all the projects.

In order to get ahead you must be buddies with a director. Unfortunately this leads to a lot of managers who should not be managers.

They hang the non-compete agreement over your head, but everyone knows it will and can not be enforced.

It also takes 10 years to get 3 weeks vacation. After less than a year I was out and went to a competitor.
Very hostile work environment.
Propellant Operator (Former Employee), Moses Lake, WAMay 6, 2013
Pros: free mocha lattes in break rooms.
Cons: management would write up anyone for anything.
The management style at Takata in Moses Lake is to burn through workers as fast as possible so that they do not have to give them raises or additional training. This results in very adversarial managers who do not fix problems, but create them instead. You would spend more time worrying about getting fired than handling the explosives you were making safely. I would caution anyone before they took a position at this place.
Excellent place to work.
Trim Engineer (Former Employee), Pontiac, MIFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: great work environment
Cons: not enough sustained work to stay employed there.
I enjoyed working there and would work there again. The management was great, and the teams were supportive.
Enjoyable and rewarding place to work
Receiving Warehouse Manager (Former Employee), Douglas, AZNovember 13, 2012
First opportunity to work in the warehousing operation, learned about cycle counts, inventory accuracy and physical inventory and how its control impacts the manufacturing operations.
Culture is not good, the management does not care about the people, poor work life balance and No job security or advancement if you don't have friend
PLANNER/ CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT COORDINATOR (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 2, 2012
A paycheck only, not a good company to work for.

Learn as much as you can and then go find a better job.
I enjoyed working and learning new machines.
Propellant Operator (Former Employee), Moses Lake, WAAugust 18, 2012
My supervisor was a person I enjoyed working under he cared about his employees and their safety.
Productive Place, encourages learning
Project Manager & Senior Technician (Current Employee), Auburn Hills, MIAugust 9, 2012
Days can be hetic but rewarding a the same time. I have learned a lot of different skills relevent to testing and continue to expand my knowledge daily.

Takata Photos