Take Care Health Systems

Take Care Health Systems Employer Reviews

Nice place to work . Friendly co-workers
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Lees Summit, MONovember 4, 2012
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: long hours, lots of turn overs
Nice place to work . Theres no room for growth or advancement . Good pay and benefits . Long hours .
productive workplace wonderful staff
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Mira Mesa, CAOctober 15, 2012
Hardest Part of any job will be the rush, but most commonly i like to keep myself busy so a rush is almost as much of a pro as much as a con. No real negative feedback.
Great culture. Excellent management team
Consultant - marketing & patient strategy (Former Employee), conshohocken, PAOctober 14, 2012
Fun, exciting pace. Wear many hats. Fully empowered. co-workers and people extremely friendly. beuatiful offices/work environement
Disorganized, poor inter-department communications
Client Billing Specialist (Current Employee), Franklin, TNOctober 10, 2012
Pros: free visits to take care health clinics
Cons: time off near several holidays is restricted due to deadlines
Has potential to be great, but moving at a very slow pace towards that greatness.
Great place to work, good atmosphere
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Buffalo, WVSeptember 10, 2012
Pros: scheduled lunch, great relationships and trust with patients
Cons: unable to express our thoughts and ideas, inability for use of the clinic for employees
I work 26 hrs a week. Monday thru Thursday I work 4.5 hrs, and Fridays 8 hrs. The first part of the week I am there to support the full time Medical Assistant. I proposed a weekly rotation of duties to keep a fluent schedule with patients. We rotate front office and patient care week by week. The hardest part of my job at this location is doing 8 hrs – more... of work in the 4.5 hrs I am on the clock. This includes running end of the day reports as well as assisting last minute walk in patients to be seen. The best part of the job is the flow of the office, as well as a great working relationship with the providers and the other medical assistant. – less
Patient Care is our number one priority
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Houston, TexasAugust 18, 2012
Pros: awsome job and great people
Cons: very unorganized
I love my job but I am relocating. We have a very small clinic within Hp in Houston. We see childeren and adults. I handle the front and back procedures with help from others.
A great healthcare concept
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Lawrence, KSJuly 17, 2012
Pros: insurance benefits are awesome!
Cons: the long commute to work.
My typical day at work includes but not limited greeting patients as they sign in, and be visible to prospective new patients. I then will bring back the patient and enter in all their demographics and insurance information. I then take their vitals and do any necessary POC testing.
The co-workers that I work with are the greatest and most of all nicest – more... people I have ever worked with.
I would have to say the hardest part of my job is turning away patients that need treatment due to our limited scope of practice.
The most enjoyable part of my job is helping patients feel better. – less
Friendly, fun and productive workplace that puts the clients needs and wants before their own.
Health & Fitness Specialist Intern (Former Employee), West Des Moines, IAJuly 13, 2012
Pros: positive environment, opportunity to meet and help new people, experience
Cons: unpaid internship, would like to do more program planning, implementing and evaluating
I spend most of the day helping gym members accomplish their health and fitness goals, attending and instructing group fitness classes, creating personalized workouts specific to individuals needs, conducting fitness assessments based on ACSM guidelines, managing and maintaining the facility and equipment and assisting with the promotion, marketing – more... and implementing of motivational/incentive programs. This internship has helped me grow as an instructor and personal trainer. It has given me a better understanding of corporate wellness and how the environment and techniques used to market and promote vary from other health sites such as gyms, schools and hospitals. Management is always supportive and gives positive criticism on where I can improve. Management is very experienced and knowledgeable about all aspects of both corporate wellness and personal wellness. The staff is experienced and has great interpersonal and communication skills. They work well as a team and accept each others differences.

The hardest part of this job is watching employees put in hours of hard work and effort and for some reason not being able to reach their goals. It's hard watching them become frustrated and distraught and persuading them to keep trying isn't always easy. On the otherhand, being able to see improvement in employees is the most enjoyable part of the job. Seeing the sense of accomplishment and motivation in gym members is inspiring and keeps the staff confident that they are making a difference. Helping people be the best they can be and watching them succeed is the best part. – less
Would not recommend.
Health Care (Former Employee), MississippiJune 18, 2012
Pros: pay was good.
Cons: long hours, lack of appreciation and trust.
After I was hired, my "manager" was new at his job and he had never worked in my job, so he was not good at being the trainer! I asked questions that he could not answer and never got back to me. The position was not as advertised at all. They tried very hard, maybe TOO hard to get me "trained" as quick as possible, but the training went to waste because – more... I was not doing what I was hired to do! I was pressured by the client and received nothing but pep talks from management, no interventiion. This company spends a ton of time with "inservice" and "training" but doesn't take into account that the employees don't have time to do it because they are working their butts off!! – less

Sadbuttru – February 14, 2013

our manager was miltary buds with the now former chief operations officer. She has 7 monthes of family practice experience, rest in OB. Several more qualified NP applicants skipped over.

RE: Employee Health Center employment in NJ a nightmare!
Employee Health Center (Former Employee), NJJune 17, 2012
Pros: good health insurance coverage
Cons: see below
If you are thinking of getting a job in NJ for Take Care Health, think again. Whether you are a physician, MA, RN, PT, etc., there is an incredibly high turnover due to management. Extremely unprofessional, incompetent and unethical leadership. This is my personal experience as well as the experiences of numerous colleagues and friends.
They do not care about their employees
RN (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 14, 2012
Pros: co-workers were friendly
Cons: no job security, poor benefits. no support
The management is very poor, most of senior management has NO medical experience yet they are evaluating you. When the contract is over it is as if you no longer exist and they DO NOT help you get another job. All they care about is the client, who can abuse you verbally and you must take it. It was not like this before Walgreens took over. CHD Meridian – more... was a much better company and the Senior people over the medical departments were medical people (RN'S not former Secretaries or Fitness) – less
Somewhat fun place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Murfreesboro, TNJune 11, 2012
Pros: i ended up making a great friend
Cons: working 6 days a week
My day would start at 6:45am and end about 6pm. Most of my coworkers were great to work with. The hardest part of the job was that having a life outside of work was very difficult.
Not a good employer
Nurse (Former Employee), New York, NTJune 9, 2012
Pros: decent work hours
Cons: see above
I worked for Take Care for a few years at a corporate wellness center in the Northeast. The pay was 10k less a year than their major competitor; which explains why they are continually looking for employees for the same position. If you do decide to take a position with them think of it as an entry level job with no room for advancement in pay or position. – more... They will also lure you in with false promise re: position responsibilites then leave you alone to run a corporate health center with little guidance or support. Management was nonsupportive and unavailable at best with contentious relationships at the local office between local supervisors that would trickle down to the sites. – less

lookinforanotherjobsoon – December 27, 2012

Management turns a blind eye to everything unless they hear static from client. Turn over is incredibly bad Supervisors are hired by favortism and there really is no support for employees ever at all. Take the advice and look for something else. IF something sounds too good to be true... take the advice of those of us that made a misinformed decision... run dont walk away from this job! Like your hair is on fire!

Flexible hours, Independant provider in the clinic
Advance Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJune 6, 2012
Pros: great enviroment for fnp's
Cons: single provider in a clinic.
Typical work week 40hrs, have to work weekends and holidays.
Working independantly need to have strong clinical background and experience. A physician is available for reference and questions if the NP is unsure or wants guidence. Protocols for standard dx are developed and available to each provider. Managment is available by phone. In the clinic you – more... may or may not have an assistant to help take vitals, obtain insurance information, etc. Hardest part of the job is getting use to practicing alone. Most enjoyable is the confidence and knowledge gained by working independantly and networking withf fellow NP's within the company. – less

Ilya – September 20, 2012

Working as a provider for TC is anything but an "independent" experience. You will be "evaluated" and "directed" by pretty much everybody - from other providers to "lead" NPs to store managers. Yes, the money and perks are great ... but are they worth selling your soul to big Pharma and big Pharmacy?

COULD NOT STAND THE OFFICE MANAGER
LPN (Former Employee), Gaitherburg MdJune 4, 2012
Pros: i got my money on time
Cons: i hated the manager and hr did nothing about it
I worked at the TCH in Gaithersburg the manager was a pure psych nut job. everthing I did she wanted to know everywhere I went she followed me. My life which was only 3 weeks there was PURE H****.
DO NOT, DO NOT GO TO THIS LOCATION. THE MANAGER WILL MAKE YOUR LIFE A PURE H*** TRUST ME. I RESIGNED AFTER 3 WEEKS. I HATED THE MANAGER FOR TRYING TO MAKE – more... ME FILL LIKE I WAS BACK IN SLAVERY TIME. IF YOU WANT TO BE MISTREATED THEN GO THERE.My coworker was very fun to be with and I miss her alot. I hope to find something else. – less

Ariel – June 9, 2012

was the pay at least worth it if you dont mind me asking? im looking desperately for lpn jobs but what you posted about this company has me a little skeptical.

One Manager Can Ruin the Morale of 50
Admin (Former Employee), Elko, NVMay 28, 2012
Pros: my paycheck didn't bounce.
Cons: poor & underqualified office management, tchs doesn't value its employees, high turnover rate
A TCHS job description for an Office Manager indicates that a BA is required. Yet, they promoted a high school dropout into such a position. Though she started from the ground up, and certainly had a moderate level of experience, it takes far more than that to be an effective, efficient, and respected manager of people.
Management is to lead by example, – more... but there some questionably unethical practices by them that results in low colleague morale. Low colleague morale results in poor performance.
Several colleagues at this facility voiced concerns about their mistreatment at the hands of the aforementioned manager, but were completely ignored.
TCHS decided that implementing EMR was more important than the health, well-being, and morale of their employees. They'd worked on the EMR plan for more than a year and when they finally decided to roll it ourit, they picked November and December as the training period and banned all PTO (vacation). So, we worked all year, saved up our PTO only to be told that EMR was more important than spending any time with our families for the holidays. NOT the actions of a company that values its employees!
This facility has an incredibly high colleague turnover rate (more than 45% in a 12 month period). You'd think that they'd have a department to look into facilities with such high turnover rates.
Raises are few and far between. – less

JANNIE – July 10, 2012

I think it should also be mentioned that this particular location has gone through 4 health center managers in 3 years. Anyone who comes into this place is thrown to the wolves and if you're not one of the office manager's favorites, you won't last long. The entire wellsness department all quit within 4 weeks of each other. ONE ENTIRE DEPARTMENT quit... definitely speaks volumes to morale and how employees feel when working there.

Productive and nice work environment
Adimistrative Assistant (Current Employee), Reading, PAMay 25, 2012
Pros: flexible hours and communication with customers
Cons: management at site location
Very busy entire day, co-workers are great to work with, enjoy customer relationship, management at site location could improve.
Enjoyable part of job is communication with the customers.
clinical setting, slow paced
Xray Technologist (Current Employee), houston,texasMay 23, 2012
Pros: slow paced clinic
Cons: unorganized management
Working in a clinic setting is so different than a hospital setting. It can get extremely boring at times.
Laid off due to Buy out
Helpdesk Support (Former Employee), Franklin, TNApril 12, 2012
Pros: new company
Cons: hired from the outside
Company may have been a great career choice but was bought out
changes
FNP (Current Employee), Chandler AZMarch 11, 2012
Pros: stable
Cons: bad emr
Many changes happening, very difficult to go through these changes

About Take Care Health Systems

At Take Care Health Systems we offer a more personalized, human approach to healthcare. Our Take Care Clinics, conveniently – Read more

Take Care Health Systems Photos