Position is located on Guam:
Are you interested in working with a diverse group of people while working on a warm, welcoming, tropical island? TakeCare Insurance, a top health insurance company providing health insurance coverage to about 35,000 members in Guam (U.S. Territory), Saipan and Palau is looking for a full-time Sr. Clinic Manager.
Guam is a beautiful tropical island with great accessibility to other Asian countries, Australia and New Zealand if you’re a traveler. It is also a diver’s heaven as well as the surrounding islands (Saipan, Palau…etc.). We have a very diverse workforce from almost all over the world. Guam is a non-litigious and kind community and people are extremely friendly and hospitable. Additionally, We offer lucrative packages that will include, relocation to Guam, transitional accommodation till you find your own place, airfare for you and your dependents, fully paid medical and dental, up to 6% 401k matching, 28 days PTO in addition to 10 days public holidays, CMEs and much more.
TakeCare/FHP is an integrated Healthcare System on Guam and Saipan with both Insurance Plans (TakeCare Insurance Company, Inc.) and Healthcare Delivery (FHP clinics)… very similar to the Kaiser business model in the State Side… The company has been the Island’s premier insurance plans and healthcare provider for over 40 years. Our clinic which is a one-stop clinic with Urgent Care, Pediatrics, OBGYN, Ortho Surgeon, Oncologist, MRI, pharmacy, Dental, vision center and other Auxiliary clinics. The individual will work directly with the Sr. Clinic Manager on strategies and plans to improve and optimize on the current or future business possibilities.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and committed leader who is team oriented with great interpersonal and culture awareness/sensitivity skills. Our ideal candidate has passion for their job and wants to make positive and significant contributions to our organization.
The Sr. Clinic Manager provides leadership and directions to the overall clinic operations, reviews and, and manages the overall performance of the medical and clinical staff members including (25) doctors to ensure that their overall customer satisfaction goals and patient delivery is aligned with the unit’s goals and objectives. S/he develops operating policies and procedures for Strategic Business Units (SBUs) under their purview. Ensures compliance with established practices and new policies and keeps employees abreast of current changes and standards. S/he determines fiscal requirements, makes projections and prepares budges for their SBUs. Monitors, verifies, and reconciles expenditure of budgeted funds. The Sr. Clinic Manager prepares financial statements reflecting status of programs and activities while demonstrating the highest fiduciary responsibilities for the clinic financial outcomes. S/he works closely with the human resources department to develop clinic staff performance success factors, hold them accountable and ensure the highest quality of patient care is delivers to our members.
1. A Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field; MBA preferred.
2. Formal clinical or medical education is highly desirable but not required.
3. Minimum of 7 years’ experience in health care management setting, managing medical and clinical staff members
4. Excellent understanding of budget and controls
5. Knowledgeable of federal and state laws and requirements relating to healthcare management.
6. Strong managerial competencies in the areas of leadership and team development, managerial coaching and mentoring and situational assessment skills and with proven track record in building and developing high performing teams.
7. A change agent and capable of guiding the organization in initiating various change management initiatives with the view of leading and guiding the organization towards the future.
8. Superior judgment, negotiation and decision-making skills.
9. Strong ethics and a high level of personal and professional integrity.
10. Strong analytical skills and adept in interpreting strategic vision into an operational model.
11. An effective communicator at all levels in the organization, with strong oral, written and persuasive skills.
TakeCare offers competitive pay and a lucrative benefits package that includes excellent pay, 100% medical, dental employer-covered benefits, short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment insurance (AD&D), dependent and health care reimbursement, paid holidays, paid time-off, bereavement leave, savings and profit-sharing program, matching 401k contributions, continuing education, professional license and professional membership.