At Takeda, we work as a team to provide better health and brighter futures for all. As a global pharmaceutical company, Takeda focuses on discovering, developing and delivering innovative medicines that can have a life-changing impact for patients worldwide. In fact, patients are at the center of everything we do.
We encourage our 30,000+ employees to continuously develop their skills, and we reward them for the results they achieve. We value integrity, dedication and teamwork, which are abundant in our multinational workforce. If you want to make a difference, if you want to be inspired, if you want to do important work—join us.
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people’s lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together many different elements — experiences, backgrounds, nationalities, cultures — that together create a stronger whole.
Our global programs include:
• President’s Forum The next generation of leaders connects with the CEO and other senior executives for workshops, discussions and one-on-one coaching (2015)
• Accelerator Program Early-career, high-potential employees are selected for career acceleration with a focus on international and cross-fuctional exposure (2016)
• Takeda Leadership Program Launching this fall, the program brings together cross-functional leaders for a dynamic development program with a goal of elevating leadership capability through engaging discussions, business simulations and external panels, debates and guest speakers (2016)
• Global Induction Forum All recently hired senior leaders attend an orientation program designed to enhance networking, impart our corporate values and history, and hear directly from Takeda’s leaders about the direction of our business (2015)
Diversity has been proven to lead to more creativity and innovation. Companies with diverse leadership teams have been shown to respond more efficiently to a wide range of global challenges. For a research- and innovation-driven global company like Takeda, diversity is critical to our long-term success in delivering better health and a brighter future.
We are accelerating D&I activities in Japan and many other parts of the world, and have introduced several initiatives to enhance gender, work-style, age and career diversity.
• Launching Hanamizuki, a network where women can learn from each other, share knowledge and information, and help each other develop professionally (Japan).
• Introducing a flexible work-style program that gives employees the choice to select the work times and
places that enable them to perform at their best (Japan).
• Enhancing career diversity by encouraging faster promotion of employees who are demonstrating
high performance early in their career (Japan).
• Hosting the first Takeda U.S. Diversity & Leadership Symposium week in Deerfield, IL. This symposium included employee events, workshops and keynote speakers, and featured D&I leaders within Takeda (United States).
Takeda continues to expand its commitment to global health by furthering access to care. With our bold, new Access to Medicines (AtM) strategy, we seek to ensure that eligible patients who are living in countries with less developed healthcare systems, and are prescribed our innovative medicines, can get access to them, even if their ability to pay for the full cost of treatment is limited.
We are developing innovative and sustainable approaches to tackle the many barriers to care, in oncology/hematology, inflammatory bowel disease, and vaccines, mirroring some of our strategic areas of therapeutic focus. In this way, we can amplify our impact on patients in parts of the world with the highest unmet medical needs.
Takeda is a patient-focused, innovation-driven global pharmaceutical company that builds on a distinguished 235-year history, aspiring to bring better health and a brighter future for people worldwide.
Our Mission is to strive towards Better Health and a Brighter Future for people worldwide through leading innovation in medicine. Established by our founding spirit and integral to every part of our business, Takeda-ism will guide every one of us to achieve our goals.
Takeda-ism is our commitment to act with integrity at all times, work to the highest ethical standards, operate with fairness and honesty, and persevere to achieve out goals. – less